Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Whats going on in United States?

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Whats going on in United States?

Unread postby EnergyUnlimited » Sat 23 Mar 2019, 15:03:25

I have taken a closer look on some not widely advertised news from the United States.
I am actually shocked about how fast America is deteriorating, and believe me, it is not easy to shock me.

For example I have red and looked on some video material about opioid crisis in many states, notably West Virginia but not only. Peoples are falling down on streets from overdoses like flies. Authorities are simply watching helplessly and police in many areas have actually surrendered.
In 2017 alone there was 70000+ *proven* deaths by drug overdoses and that is US-wide about 1.7% of all deaths.
Probably about 2-2.5% if you include not proven but still drug overdose related deaths.
That numbers seem insane to me.
Are they correct?

I have also watched few youtube films about cities like Los Angeles, Denver or San Francisco between others.
Below are examples:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWQJWOIDnw0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHp95N3iWyY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADoCnZrVVdY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld6qYJe4pRs
Is it true that anyone can defecate on the streets of many American cities, and that is legally OK?
Or that favelas are built next to sky scrappers?
Or rats running around everywhere (including city hall) in open daylight?
Typhoid is coming back?
Or that drug addicts are shotting up in public while walking city streets?

Or is it correct that 1 in 7 Americans is illiterate?
https://brandongaille.com/us-literacy-r ... tatistics/

All these news are insane.
It is looking like some sort of retarded Third World country where peoples are shitting on the street of busy city and local authorities do not see any trouble with it.

On the top of it mindless shooting of civillians by police for no obvious reason, rampant US-wide.

Can any Americans comment about all that?
It is looking like cultural collapse if true.
Last edited by EnergyUnlimited on Sat 23 Mar 2019, 15:13:21, edited 1 time in total.
EnergyUnlimited
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Re: Whats going on in United States?

Unread postby Ibon » Sat 23 Mar 2019, 15:12:43

Its the land of the free and the brave
Patiently awaiting the pathogens. Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby EnergyUnlimited » Sat 23 Mar 2019, 15:15:46

Ibon wrote:Its the land of the free and the brave

But is it all correct, what I have found in those videos and mentioned?
EnergyUnlimited
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Ibon » Sat 23 Mar 2019, 15:19:58

EnergyUnlimited wrote:
Ibon wrote:Its the land of the free and the brave

But is it all correct, what I have found in those videos and mentioned?

The opiod statistics are correct and sweep across all demographics races , rural and urban

My own experience the last time I was in the USA I saw huge favela like tent cities of homeless under highway underpasses in Seattle and in the Bay area of california within a short drive of Amazon, Google, Boeing, Microsoft, Starbucks
Patiently awaiting the pathogens. Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby EnergyUnlimited » Sat 23 Mar 2019, 15:28:21

So why authorities are tolerating all of that?
US is not a poor country after all.
It is some awful dereliction of duty.
EnergyUnlimited
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Ibon » Sat 23 Mar 2019, 15:41:21

EnergyUnlimited wrote:So why authorities are tolerating all of that?
US is not a poor country after all.
It is some awful dereliction of duty.

what can the authorities do about the implosion from within when the American Dream proved to be a big fight lie?

Not the part about pulling yourself up from your boot straps like you see recent immigrants do.

I am referring to the rural American farmers who went bankrupt, lobbyists that gamed the system to refuse affordable health care for the public,

You know, the BIG RIGGED SYSTEM.

The authorities EU are complicit.

In Latin America there is corruption. It is illegal but it happens.

In America there is corruption. But it is legal. And it happens.

Pick your poison.
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby EnergyUnlimited » Sat 23 Mar 2019, 16:23:31

Ibon,
What is dynamic of this deterioration, eg how many years did it take to get to this sad state of affairs from conditions which were resembling "normal"?
When rapid decay of cities like LA, Denver, or San Francisco have started?
EnergyUnlimited
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Pops » Sat 23 Mar 2019, 17:01:40

First Rule: don't watch youtube.
Second rule don't watch foxnews, MSNBC

It is a strange situation, on the one hand things aren't too bad:
Crime is half what it was in the '90s, illegal immigration a third or less, underemployment is almost down to pre-recession levels, more people are insured to some extent—tho 25 million still not, homeownership about where it was in '95 before the bubbles... I mean after all, money has been essentially free for 10 years for those with access, a little tinkle is bound to miss the bowl when the ownership is this fat and drunk.

On the other hand our total debt is nearly 400% of gdp, with banks growing to higher debt than the fedGov. The gov debt is dwarfed by other sectors, sectors that don't have the privilege to print money (tho banks are close) yet the fed debt is growing by hundreds of billions per year.

And probably the root of our discontent: the elites, like our POTUS, have truly rigged the system:

youtube and fox sell American Carnage 24/7. In the breaks they run guns & drugs. 'We're being invaded by brown people, sharia law, and Libtards,' they wail. 'The cities are chaos, the borders open, the invaders are coming better stock up on ammo, here's the brand we suggest...'

Turns out the war on illegal drugs is over, the corporations won. Ditto the war on guns. Ditto the war on truth.

Don't believe much of anything on fox, (ditto MSNBC, which is just the anti-fox) tho I supposed some are good people, because fox viewers are complete outliers, there is basically the view fron the 'fox-hole' and then there is everyone else.
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby jedrider » Sat 23 Mar 2019, 17:15:19

Is our President 'illiterate?' I don't even know the answer to that, but I think so.
jedrider
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Sat 23 Mar 2019, 17:35:25

Pops presented one side of the problem, if Cog were to answer he would present the other side. Both would be reporting accurately.

One thing wrong in your original stats 1:7 illiterate, it’s more like 50% of urban HS grads are illiterate.

The USA is no longer a country of laws. We have lost self respect.

But what do I know, haven had a TV in over 10 years and now only gist the USA a couple months a year because kids live there.

Cultural decay? Nope, the USA is broke out with culture, 50 different shades of culture, all whining “I’m disadvantaged, feed me.”
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Pops » Sat 23 Mar 2019, 19:08:02

Newfie wrote:Pops presented one side of the problem, if Cog were to answer he would present the other side. Both would be reporting accurately.

Exactly. Good example of why not to watch fox.
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby Ibon » Sat 23 Mar 2019, 19:13:37

Historically for the past 100 years the USA has been the cultural trend setter. So is this the leading edge of degeneracy that will soon be followed by the rest of the world?

This focus on external events being the tipping point might be all wrong. The implosion of cultural degeneracy spreading globally maybe the biggest overlooked threat to humanity with the USA currently at the cutting edge.
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cog » Sat 23 Mar 2019, 19:39:08

Leftie politicians and their judges, have ruled that the right of the homeless to live and defecate wherever they want outweigh the rights of property and business owners. Blame yourself for voting for them.

Democrats want to invite millions more across the border to do the same.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Newfie » Sat 23 Mar 2019, 20:01:41

Ibon wrote:Historically for the past 100 years the USA has been the cultural trend setter. So is this the leading edge of degeneracy that will soon be followed by the rest of the world?

This focus on external events being the tipping point might be all wrong. The implosion of cultural degeneracy spreading globally maybe the biggest overlooked threat to humanity with the USA currently at the cutting edge.

This I fear is close to the truth. Globalization has created a global financial empire which defines our civilization. When this civilization falls the entirety of Western Civilization, and the associate interests, will be caught in the mess.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Pops » Sat 23 Mar 2019, 20:10:46

I'm thinking the degeneracy was here all along, we just believed we were alone in our thoughts so elected to mind our manners. Lately we've discovered that we aren't alone. That there is a world of freaks out there just as twisted (or enlightened, LOL) as we are.

To stick with my theme, youtube is everywhere, I assume there are fox-type "news" outlets everywhere, facebook and twitter and BBSs like po.com likewise. whatapp, instagram, viber, snap, yadda yadda.

I remember back during the "arab spring" how giddy were the pundits over the new 'instant organizing' available via the nets. Unfortunately things haven't worked out so well for them. Turns out they overthrew themselves—right out of the frying pan into the fire and some millions died. I empathize with their struggle but they were, I think, overly confident that the crowd on the other side of the screen were large enough in number to constitute a majority.

People, including me, have their face in a screen every waking moment. I've been on BBSs and lists since dial up. Half of the world is online this year, maybe 80% of the US. To think that level of attention is not opening us up to all manner of manipulation, even to the extent of fooling ourselves, I think is naive.
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby Ibon » Sat 23 Mar 2019, 21:01:13

Pops wrote:I'm thinking the degeneracy was here all along, we just believed we were alone in our thoughts so elected to mind our manners. Lately we've discovered that we aren't alone. That there is a world of freaks out there just as twisted (or enlightened, LOL) as we are.

To stick with my theme, youtube is everywhere, I assume there are fox-type "news" outlets everywhere, facebook and twitter and BBSs like po.com likewise. whatapp, instagram, viber, snap, yadda yadda.

People, including me, have their face in a screen every waking moment. I've been on BBSs and lists since dial up. Half of the world is online this year, maybe 80% of the US. To think that level of attention is not opening us up to all manner of manipulation, even to the extent of fooling ourselves, I think is naive.

This global degeneracy powered by the internet is actually quite democratic as there is no authority suppressing the growing wave of mediocrity.

It does remind one that the 9000 plus years that civilization has existed the model has always been a small elite of powerful religions and or monarchs that set the social agenda that the masses then followed.

Empowering the masses with middle class wealth, consumption and now the internet has unleashed an uncontrolled surge of dumbed down stupid people on the planet. All the former controlling entities like religions and monarchs are now powerless. . with the exception of corporations that are reveling in the mediocrity.

Corporations are like parasites that thrive on the growing degeneracy.

And even smart people like all of us are infected.

I have to modify now my theory that only external extra human consequences will be the catalyst toward breaking the impasse of our unsustainable orientation toward our mother earth. The consequences of societal implosion due to this growing wave of degeneracy has to now be considered as an important arsenal in the Overshoot Predators bag of tricks.
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby onlooker » Sat 23 Mar 2019, 21:21:10

Energy, the US has been in decline for many years now. By some measures we are doing worse than almost all developed countries. The rot is at the very core. We are run by a Plutocracy ie. rule of money. And this plutocracy has been making decisions that favor the rich ie. themselves. And so the masses and the environment they live in has been neglected. Case in point the deteriorating infrastructure in the US. What can one expect from a country that goes to war for the sake of profit, bails out mega Banks, spends more on military by far than any other country. By the way, Europe does not seem to be much better. The issues of drugs, immigration, healthcare etc. have not been resolved intentionally. The status quo is too profitable. We are a nation founded on Greed and War and it is leading to our downfall.
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Cog » Sat 23 Mar 2019, 21:39:08

Move to Venezuela.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Pops » Sat 23 Mar 2019, 22:41:22

Ibon wrote:And even smart people like all of us are infected.

I have to modify now my theory that only external extra human consequences will be the catalyst toward breaking the impasse of our unsustainable orientation toward our mother earth. The consequences of societal implosion due to this growing wave of degeneracy has to now be considered as an important arsenal in the Overshoot Predators bag of tricks.

I'm down with the predator now.
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby Newfie » Sun 24 Mar 2019, 09:15:50

On some level there is little difference between democracy and mob rule.

That is why the USA Cnstitution was so artfully crafted. And the Electorial College is at the heart of that grand compromise. To protect the small interests while allowing general majority rule.

Today very few want compromise, each sect wants full control. It’s the “same Generation” in full bloom.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to North America Discussion