Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Guy McPherson

Re: Guy McPherson

Unread postby asg70 » Wed 09 Jan 2019, 03:07:22

pstarr wrote:Once again, science eludes you.

The point eludes you. If you're such a gambler at heart, put your money where your mouth is and go over there for a while. Revel in the "harmless" irradiated goodness and then check back with us. I mean, it's probably gonna be a far safer doomstead than the redwood curtain if you really think the radiation is safe.
"this is peak now. Wanna bet? The Real Pain starts . . . now." (11/21/18)" --pstarr
"$0/barrel soon as per etp." (12/30/18)" --pstarr
ATTN: SHORT LOST A BET AND WON'T EVEN ADMIT HE MADE ONE. HE SHOULD NOT BE WELCOME HERE!
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Revi » Sat 12 Jan 2019, 21:22:16

We are having a pretty typical winter so far in Maine, but I have heard that Detroit was yet to have a major snowfall earlier in the month. We are teetering on the edge of a climate catastrophe. Anyone who doesn't think so has their head so far up their butt they can't see anything.
The ocean is warming up quicker here than most places on the planet. I heard that 2018 may not have been the warmest air temperature wise, but the oceans are warmer than ever before. A new record! Oceans hold something like 80% of the warming we have produced so far. They warm up really slowly and take just as long to cool. Even with our normal cold winter this year the water temp in the gulf of Maine is still 3 degrees warmer than normal. I don't agree with Dr. McPherson on the near term extinction, but I can see that it's going to get nasty soon. Imaging a category 5 hurricane making it to NYC on the wings of much warmer water. See what I mean?
Deep in the mud and slime of things, even there, something sings.
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Elite prepping

Unread postby Whitefang » Sun 13 Jan 2019, 15:28:22

I remember Guy saying that the elite knows and are prepping for the end of the world as we know it.

One of the best intervieuws of a former top employee of the top 8000:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=du ... ORM=VDRVRV

oops, bing video, Maybe YouTube works better, Anyway...Ronald Bernard.

Story about a US general with a lighter in a dark room....one light can enlight, truly enlighten, light up the darkness for those that live their lives in boredom/habit, without magic, eyes accustomed to the dark.
So thank you Bernard for sharing this and not giving in to those that do terrible things.
Child sacrifice for them is a way to bind people, he said no, he refused and they let him go after some torture.
He died and came back in a hospital after his body crashed, found out that he is more than his body.
That is his reward after surviving his ordeal.
Darkness has no way to get us if we refuse it, we might wake up to the real world.
We humans have so much power and options that we do not use, such a bummer.

Eyes wide shut, a docudrama from Kubrick?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eyes_Wide_Shut

I do not mind people doing the sex/dope/party thing, all ok with me.
If they are wiping out traces banksters, they must be convinced the end of the global economy, free markets has come.
Whitefang
Coal
Coal

Unread postby Revi » Sun 13 Jan 2019, 16:37:23

I don't know about what Guy is talking about, but I have a friend, who I met when I was showing my film, Peak Oil: A Love Story. He was one of the few who showed up. He showed up because of the title. He does earthwork in Western Maine and one day he asked a client who is a big oil guy why he was clearing up an old intervale farm. He replied that he wants to have a place to bug out to when it gets nasty. I guess the idea is that it's close to the Canadian border, and it's an isolated farmstead, surrounded by mountains for when it gets nasty. And he wasn't his only cusomer who was preparing a bug out spot.
Deep in the mud and slime of things, even there, something sings.
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Sun 13 Jan 2019, 23:54:10

We are teetering on the edge of a climate catastrophe. Anyone who doesn't think so has their head so far up their butt they can't see anything.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: +1
"For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and provide for it." - Patrick Henry

The level of injustice and wrong you endure is directly determined by how much you quietly submit to. Even to the point of extinction.
Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Arctic Warm Wedge

Unread postby Whitefang » Fri 18 Jan 2019, 16:39:00

https://earth.nullschool.net/#current/w ... 364,71.744

Heat is beyond the end of the world, Yamal peninsula and Wrangell Island, both still freezing but only around minus 10 degrees Celcius. I think the firework really starts when the warmth from the pacific meets the heat from the Atlantic.

https://seaice.uni-bremen.de/data/amsr2 ... R2_nic.png

On the positive side, Kara sea looks fine, Spitsbergen East is frozen, we might still be ok for the next 2 or 3 years.
Even Holland is freezing, looking forward to snow on the Belgian Ardennes to test my winter gear.

Guy thinks we will be falling into the abrupt CC abyss when the polar vortex is history, I agree with him, was it Richard Abbey that told us a 10 degree temperature increase a year is possible? After a phase change, from ice to water, solid Vortex and atmosphere to a chaotic dynamic system, fluid as can be.
Whitefang
Coal
Coal

Previous

Return to Environment, Weather & Climate