Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Blame Obama!

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: Blame Obama!

Unread postby Ibon » Tue 18 Sep 2018, 10:16:11

asg70 wrote:Pearls before swine. Plant is just interesting in clutching any datapoint he can use to malign Obama despite the fact he's been out of office for years and the current president is destroying what's left of the US and the world with his policies.

The fixation is as astounding as the claims Plant makes that we need to move beyond the color barrier!
Patiently awaiting the pathogens. Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Newfie » Tue 18 Sep 2018, 15:55:11

Why can’t it be that Plant just doesn’t like Obama because of his color?

To say it another way, do you hate Trump because of his color?

I find Obama a decietful person. He was a more eloquent and opaque liar, a far better liar, a far more effective liar than Trump.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Plantagenet » Tue 18 Sep 2018, 16:45:44

Tanada wrote:
You skipped right over my point however. You pointed out that President Obama was stuttering at least as far back as 2011, so worse stuttering off the cuff in 2018 is not an unreasonable progression if the problem is stress related. Yes being President is stressful, but seeing everything you accomplished with your executive order onslaught while President reversed in 24 months after you left office has to make your 96 months in office seem rather useless. What can be more stressful than seeing your life's work erased as if it had never existed?

Thats a good point. I'm sorry I missed it. I agree completely.

Tanada wrote:On the other hand I also pointed out that President Obama from the time he was Candidate Obama running for the Senate for Illinois has always been tightly bound to teleprompter speech making. He rarely speaks 'off the cuff' and instead drones on incessantly reading the words in front of him rather than letting a free flow of words pass through his mental and physical organs to sway his audience. Almost all politicians use teleprompters because they serve to keep the speech on topic and flowing well based on the influence they are trying to exert on the audience. President Obama however took this habit to great extremes and if you watch his old speeches on YouTube or elsewhere you see him read a page looking to his right, then shift his stance to read a page to his left, then switching back again.

Exactly right. I used to laugh out loud watching Obama read each line and then turn back to the audience. And once when the wrong speech was put up on the teleprompter Obama read it word for word, totally oblivious that he was speaking nonsense to his audience. He apparently didn't even consciously register what he was reading. His eyes read the words and his mouth said them, but the brain wasn't involved to any great degree.

Tanada wrote: I posit that President Obama had this stutter way back in 2004 but learned to master Teleprompter speeches as a way to cover up or deal with the stutter while still sounding coherent.... I posit that discovering the TelePrompter effect on his speeches allowed President Obama to appear urbane and eloquent despite a per-existing stutter and the mainstream media willingly participated in covering his stutter up with things like the 2011 statement about an 'intellectual stammer' on those rare occasions when it became publicly displayed during his earlier political career.

Well, of course that is possible. But my understanding is that the stutter became more serious starting in about 2011, and its still getting worse now. He's got aphasia---he sounds like porky pig now.

IMHO the fact that Obama's stutter is getting worse and worse suggests there is some kind of a progressive medical issue involved.

Shush. The poor man has some kind of medical problem.

Cheers!
Last edited by Plantagenet on Tue 18 Sep 2018, 16:57:09, edited 1 time in total.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Plantagenet » Tue 18 Sep 2018, 16:55:39

.....the color barrier!

What color barrier is that?

I'm sorry, but I don't see the color barrier that you see.

AND I really don't get this obsession with people's skin color at all.

Modern identity politics---the idea that your politics and cultural views and economic status are purely a function of your ethnicity and skin color----is ridiculous.

The whole point of living in a country like America is that we are free to choose whatever politics or cultural accoutrements or major in school or entertainment and activities we want. Trying to stick everyone in a category based only on their skin color is a total waste of time, IMHO.
------------------------------

Cheers!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Plantagenet » Tue 20 Nov 2018, 21:21:34

Obama did a Q & A at the Obama Foundation today, and blamed climate change on racist white Americans.

obama-blames-slow-climate-change-progress-confused-blind-racist-shrouded-hate

Obama seems to have forgotten that he was president for eight years and bears personal responsibility for (1) derailing the signing of UN climate treaty in Copenhagen in 2010 that would've required reduction of CO2 emissions, and (2) pushing for replacing the derailed 2010 UN treaty with the 2016 Paris Accords that called for INCREASING global CO2 emissions.

Obama is making less and less sense. For him to blame "white" Americans for the lack of progress on climate change is idiotic and ignores his own failure to do anything substantive about climate change while he himself was president.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby mmasters » Tue 20 Nov 2018, 22:22:51

I was looking the other night at his planned "library." It's not really even a library at all, from what I could glean he is essentially building a leftist ideological programming center.
mmasters
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby dissident » Wed 21 Nov 2018, 10:41:42

Perhaps this "library" will have such wonderful educational material:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhVbv7qpBKY

For all the little totalitarian drones of the new utopia.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Ibon » Wed 21 Nov 2018, 14:12:26

Yeah, many of us hate Trump but I can guarantee you that 2 years after he leaves office nobody will be talking about him anymore. In stark contrast to how two years after Obama and Clinton the racists and misogynists on board here just can't let them go..... Fools.
Patiently awaiting the pathogens. Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Wed 21 Nov 2018, 14:27:23

Plantagenet wrote:Obama did a Q & A at the Obama Foundation today, and blamed climate change on racist white Americans.

Where did Obama say "racist white Americans"? It looked to me like he was saying racism is still a problem in the US, and didn't call it a white problem.

Did I miss something? Or are you making stuff up for political gain? Again?
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby dissident » Wed 21 Nov 2018, 15:46:23

Ibon wrote:Yeah, many of us hate Trump but I can guarantee you that 2 years after he leaves office nobody will be talking about him anymore. In stark contrast to how two years after Obama and Clinton the racists and misogynists on board here just can't let them go..... Fools.

You're funny. Obama himself was taking credit for "doesn't exist" Trump's economic achievements:

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/obama-f ... hievements

Why is Obama still campaigning? Trying to keep his name from receding into oblivion?
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Ibon » Wed 21 Nov 2018, 19:06:26

dissident wrote:Why is Obama still campaigning? Trying to keep his name from receding into oblivion?

Frankly I don't know the answer to that. I don't follow Obama or the media surrounding his activities. I don't really care. Why do you?
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Tanada » Wed 21 Nov 2018, 20:34:33

Ibon wrote:Yeah, many of us hate Trump but I can guarantee you that 2 years after he leaves office nobody will be talking about him anymore. In stark contrast to how two years after Obama and Clinton the racists and misogynists on board here just can't let them go..... Fools.

Before you embarrass yourself I seem to recall a lot of 'its all Bush's fault' coming from the Obama Administration fully backed by the MSM right through the 2014 midterm election cycle. He only really dropped that line when he was in his lame duck last two years.

Admittedly Bush Sr. was a footnote, but that had a lot more to do with the constant scandal parade that came out of the WJC Presidency along with events like the Branch Davidian standoff/fire and the various other blue dress related events. When your own Presidency is nothing but one accuser after another popping up to the point that you have a team working full time on 'bimbo eruptions' it does tend to eliminate thoughts about whatever the prior President might have done wrong while in office.
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 21 Nov 2018, 20:43:47

Outcast_Searcher wrote:Where did Obama say "racist white Americans"? It looked to me like he was saying racism is still a problem in the US, and didn't call it a white problem.

Did I miss something?

Yes.

You missed what Obama actually said, so you made something else up to replace it.

Obama didn't say "racism is still a problem." Thats an innocuous statement that no one could disagree with. He said something rather different. TO read the exact quotes go back read the link in my post above.

Since I quoted him directly above, I'll just paraphrase here. Obama specifically tried to blame the failure of the US to take action against climate change on racist people and on people with "mommy issues." Thats pretty idiotic coming from a man who spent much of his youth working out his own "daddy issues" and when he became president personally derailed the UN treaty on climate change up for ratification at Copenhagen in 2010, and then worked to replace it with the Paris Accords in 2016, a worse-then-worthless treaty that actually calls for INCREASING CO2 emissions.

IMHO by those two very stupid actions Obama singlehandedly did more to destroy the earth's climate then any other single individual in the history of the earth.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Newfie » Fri 23 Nov 2018, 12:49:48

What I blame Obama for is that when in office he was a big advocate for the fuel industry and gave climate change short shift.

If he was true to those words quoted above he would have used the bully pulpit to educate the American public about the issues.

But he did virtually nothing. He is a disgrace, a very accomplished liar.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Sun 25 Nov 2018, 17:24:05

Newfie - That's not true and you now it. He did much to expand the use of fossil fuels. Hardly "nothing". Do I have to post that long list I've posted dozens of times? Everyone here should know it by heart now...including you. LOL
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby dissident » Tue 27 Nov 2018, 01:31:02

pstarr wrote:Obama (via his state department operatives Killary, Nuland et al) installed an anti-russian right-fascist dictator into the Ukraine government.

All U.S. Gov’t. Accusations Against Russia’s Gov’t. Are Lies
Thus began Cold War Ver 2. All for the military industrial complex and arms sales :x :cry:

Obama was also an ignoramus who drank the propaganda koolaid and engaged in moronic trash talk about "Russia doesn't make anything" and actually expected the 2014 sanctions to bring it to its knees. Well, genius, Russia makes a lot and enough to import substitute itself into total economic security making your sanctions into an utter joke. But to be fair, it was the CIA giving him BS reports about what a banana republic economy Russia had. So he got partly conned by the talents at the CIA.

Anyway, round after round of sanctions and basically nothing to show for it. Meanwhile Ukraine is swirling the toilet bowl since the coup regime is too busy sticking it to Russia (i.e. has gone full retard and cut off export revenues without finding alternative markets) and is staging incidents in the Kerch Strait as a pretext to impose martial law. Think about that one. Why would Ukraine need martial law to deal with purely optional confrontations in the Kerch Strait? But martial law will come in handy suppressing demonstrations across the country about non-delivery of natural gas and heating in spite of full payment. The failed state called Ukraine will be one of Obama's main legacies.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby radon1 » Tue 27 Nov 2018, 03:17:02

Had lot of respect towards Obama before he began bombing. Then he became Obomba, or O.
radon1
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Wed 28 Nov 2018, 02:01:04

Plantagenet wrote:
Outcast_Searcher wrote:Where did Obama say "racist white Americans"? It looked to me like he was saying racism is still a problem in the US, and didn't call it a white problem.

Did I miss something?

Yes.

You missed what Obama actually said, so you made something else up to replace it.

Well, I just went back and read the piece. Again. And I'll just call BS on your claim that he said "racist white Americans" until you can actually show it, since I STILL didn't see it in the piece.

Given the kinds of political claims you tend to make, blame yourself if sometimes people are skeptical, especially when you decline to actually show the quote to support your claim.

For a guy with your track record, re politics though -- congrats on having the stones to accuse others of making stuff up. :roll:
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Tanada » Wed 28 Nov 2018, 07:22:09

Outcast_Searcher wrote:
Plantagenet wrote:

Did I miss something?

Yes.

Well, I just went back and read the piece. Again. And I'll just call BS on your claim that he said "racist white Americans" until you can actually show it, since I STILL didn't see it in the piece.

Given the kinds of political claims you tend to make, blame yourself if sometimes people are skeptical, especially when you decline to actually show the quote to support your claim.

For a guy with your track record, re politics though -- congrats on having the stones to accuse others of making stuff up. :roll:

In an attempt to mediate this silly argument I went through the article word for word but I did not watch the video. In the text is the following statement
Barack Obama wrote:The “reason we don’t do it,” Obama explained, “is because we are still confused, blind, shrouded with hate, anger, racism, mommy issues.”

Now every honest person will admit that ex-President Obama made clear over the last decade and longer that in his opinion 'white people are racists' so when Plantagenet added the word 'white' to his statement that doesn't actually alter the meaning in any way from what the man said. I will point out that when the ex President uses the term 'we' in this context he could mean modern civilization i.e. the Global Civilization or he could mean 'Americans' so that portion is mildly speculative.

So IMO you are nitpicking to make a point which I reckon you have done. Plantagenet paraphrased the former President but he clearly did not alter the meaning behind the phrase he paraphrased. Saying
The “reason we don’t do it,” Obama explained, “is because we are still confused, blind, shrouded with hate, anger, racism, mommy issues.”
is a blanket condemnation of our civilization and the context makes it appear he is talking about America specifically as I don't believe I have ever heard him refer to Asian countries, African countries or South American countries as being 'shrouded with hate, anger, racism' while he absolutely said racist Americans clinging to 'God and guns' are islamaphobes and a long list of alternate terms that amount to the exact same message. That message being Americans=bad people.

So Plantagenet should have been more exact when claiming a quote rather than a paraphrase, but in this case at least no context was actually changed.
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to North America Discussion