Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Denial of the Possibility of Unsurvivable Biosphere

Re: Denial of the Possibility of Unsurvivable Biosphere

Unread postby Subjectivist » Tue 09 Oct 2018, 16:28:33

EnergyUnlimited wrote:
dissident wrote:What is needed is an industry to convert CO2 back to synthetic carbon fuels with desired volatility properties. Of course there is no free lunch and energy will need to be sunk into this process. But generating C8 type hydrocarbons using catalytic chemistry would be more intelligent than trying to use pressurized fuel tanks for H2, CH4 or NH3. It would also nullify any global warming effect of these fuels.

Ethanol? rapeseed oil?
Somehow I do not believe in feasibility of economic reprocessing aerial CO2 by means other than photosynthesis.

Biofuels have little in common with industrial scale fuel sythesis using captured CO2+H2O+Energy to manufacture hydrocarbons.
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: Denial of the Possibility of Unsurvivable Biosphere

Unread postby EnergyUnlimited » Wed 10 Oct 2018, 01:54:57

Subjectivist wrote:Biofuels have little in common with industrial scale fuel sythesis using captured CO2+H2O+Energy to manufacture hydrocarbons.

Indeed, because the latter one (profitable CO2 "capture" from air in particular) is *pie on the sky*.
On the top of it energy required to convert CO2 into fuel would several times exceed useful mechanical energy produced by burning said fuel.
EnergyUnlimited
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Previous

Return to Environment, Weather & Climate