Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Signs Of Collapse In Your Face?

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Re: Signs Of Collapse In Your Face?

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sun 16 Sep 2018, 12:18:53

I think the signs of collapse actually are in the FACES of the people we see on TV.

Compare the face of Walter Kronkheit with the face of Anderson Cooper and you see the cultural and political collapse of America right there in their faces.

In the 1960s there was Walter Kronkeit....and he was like your uncle. His tired, lined old face was basically a good, honest, intelligent working man's face. Kronkeit had seen a lot in his life, and America trusted him to tell the truth.

Walter Cronkite---the most trusted man in America

Today we get slimeballs like Anderson Cooper on the news. Cooper is a rich gay guy who grew up in a Penthouse who now likes to drive around in a sportscar with his boyfriend, both wearing matching Italian white leather driving gloves and white leather jackets and long neck scarves, sneering at the people who actually have to work for a living. Coopers parents were incredibly rich and Cooper has never done a real day's work in his life. Cooper's political commentary sometimes incorporates discussions of gay sex acts, the one subject that he personally has investigated in depth. When Cooper reports on something, America assumes he is spinning the story to advance some personal political viewpoint.

Anderson Cooper ---- he can be trusted to spin and distort every news story to advance various political agendas

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby GHung » Sun 16 Sep 2018, 12:40:38

Plantagenet wrote:I think the signs of collapse actually are in the FACES of the people we see on TV.

Compare the face of Walter Kronkheit with the face of Anderson Cooper and you see the cultural and political collapse of America right there in their faces.

In the 1960s there was Walter Kronkeit....and he was like your uncle. His tired, lined old face was basically a good, honest, intelligent working man's face. Kronkeit had seen a lot in his life, and America trusted him to tell the truth.

Walter Cronkite---the most trusted man in America

Today we get slimeballs like Anderson Cooper on the news. Cooper is a rich gay guy who grew up in a Penthouse who now likes to drive around in a sportscar with his boyfriend, both wearing matching Italian white leather driving gloves and white leather jackets and long neck scarves, sneering at the people who actually have to work for a living. Coopers parents were incredibly rich and Cooper has never done a real day's work in his life. Cooper's political commentary sometimes incorporates discussions of gay sex acts, the one subject that he personally has investigated in depth. When Cooper reports on something, America assumes he is spinning the story to advance some personal political viewpoint.

Anderson Cooper ---- he can be trusted to spin and distort every news story to advance various political agendas

Cheers!

We get the leaders we (think we) elect, and the media that gets the ratings.

As always, follow the money. And, yes, it's a cultural sign.

Not sure what Anderson Cooper driving around with his boyfriend has to do with it. At least he got a better education than Hannity, for whatever that's worth.
Blessed are the Meek, for they shall inherit nothing but their Souls. - Anonymous Ghung Person
GHung
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Ibon » Sun 16 Sep 2018, 12:47:53

Plantagenet wrote:I think the signs of collapse actually are in the FACES of the people we see on TV.

Cheers!

Your comments Plantagent reveal that you are watching this TV. Even if its from a detached place observing the collapse unfold it has an impact. Ask any police officer what he thinks of humanity after 10 years of jaded work on the streets. Don't think it doesn't have an impact on your being even if you think you are watching it from some critical place above the manipulation.

You might want to tune out of the media and the whole political circus. There is this wonderful world out there of nature and folks that could give a flying fuck about our sordid media and politicians.

The recluse in me is expressing itself full swing again, I feel myself withdrawing into music, nature, sun, wind, and especially the silence in between.
Patiently awaiting the pathogens. Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cog » Sun 16 Sep 2018, 13:29:20

Ibon you remind me a lot of Michael Corleone in Godfather 3 when he said "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!" I suspect any departure from politics you have will be short-lived. Tomorrow probably. ;)
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Ibon » Sun 16 Sep 2018, 14:22:04

Cog wrote:Ibon you remind me a lot of Michael Corleone in Godfather 3 when he said "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!" I suspect any departure from politics you have will be short-lived. Tomorrow probably. ;)

You can be sure of that!

I inhale and exhale, the tides go in , the tides go out. At the moment I am celebrating the new moon rising.
Patiently awaiting the pathogens. Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cog » Sun 16 Sep 2018, 16:58:08

Only two more short years and you can vote for the Dem of your choice for president. Minus the $100 you will owe me of course.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby onlooker » Sun 16 Sep 2018, 18:42:32

https://www.counterpunch.org/2018/09/07 ... pocalypse/

billionaires-plan-escape-from-apocalypse/
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby onlooker » Sat 02 Feb 2019, 20:11:19

Apocalyptic Debt Crisis In America: 63 Of America’s Largest 75 Cities Are COMPLETELY BROKE

I think the onerous Debt situation around the world is foreboding

https://www.activistpost.com/2019/01/ap ... -QYQUsvtt8
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Sat 02 Feb 2019, 20:24:10

Plantagenet wrote:Today we get slimeballs like Anderson Cooper on the news. Cooper is a rich gay guy who grew up in a Penthouse who now likes to drive around in a sportscar with his boyfriend, both wearing matching Italian white leather driving gloves and white leather jackets and long neck scarves, sneering at the people who actually have to work for a living.

So is the problem that he's rich, he's gay, he wears certain clothes, or he likes to drive a car. :roll:

Look, I don't even watch TV. Any TV. (I just stream commercial free Amazon and Netflix stuff). So I have no dog in the TV personalities fight -- but I think peoples' private time should be their own, unless they're criminals.

But you sound like a silly old far right man. So only guys who wear suits and ties and act like someone from the 50's can be trusted?

If money bothers you, you jetsetting around the world sounds rather suspicious. What does being gay have to do with reporting the news? What do people's personal decisions about how they live have to do with their professional lives?

I never married. Does that make me the bane of all existence? From what I read, nearly 50% of American adults aren't married, so that's a rather large group.

Hint: The McCarthy era was a couple generations ago. There's a HUGE spectrum of behavior considered normal in the US. Since the world is changing, are you going to spend the rest of your life hiding under your bed?

Before you ask, I happen to be straight. I had the same girlfriend for 31+ years, until she died in middle age. And in college in the late 70's, I actively fought against idiot fraternities that would follow guys out of gay bars, and a group of the slimy cowards would beat the individual up.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sat 02 Feb 2019, 20:58:46

Outcast_Searcher wrote: Anderson Cooper... So is the problem that he's rich, he's gay, he wears certain clothes, or he likes to drive a car.

The problem with Anderson Cooper is that much of his reporting is biased and unreliable.

Outcast_Searcher wrote: What does being gay have to do with reporting the news?

Absolutely nothing that I can see.

Outcast_Searcher wrote: I never married. Does that make me the bane of all existence?

What a peculiar question. I don't even know you. I have no idea if you are the bane of all existence or not.

Outcast_Searcher wrote: Before you ask, I happen to be straight.

Thats nice. But it is peculiar for you to bring this subject up. I never asked you that question and I really don't care in the slightest if you are gay or straight.

Outcast_Searcher wrote: I had the same girlfriend for 31+ years, until she died in middle age. And in college in the late 70's, I actively fought against idiot fraternities that would follow guys out of gay bars, and a group of the slimy cowards would beat the individual up.

I'm sorry to hear your girlfriend died in middle age. I know that all must have been very hard for you to deal with.

So tell me---how did the big fights go against the slimy cowards in the fraternities? Did you take a baseball bat or a chain or something to the fights, or did you just use martial arts skills? Did you take them all on single-handed or were you part of an organized police auxiliary group or a militia or maybe a vigilante group that would track them down and fight them in gang warfare, like in West Side Story? You must have some great stories about those fights....?

Cheers!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby asg70 » Sun 03 Feb 2019, 12:33:06

Plantagenet wrote:The problem with Anderson Cooper is that much of his reporting is biased and unreliable.

Wow. I missed this thread. I see you've anointed Anderson Cooper on your shit-list right behind Obama and Hillary. Not particularly surprised. And you're hardly one to school anyone on bias.

Plantagenet wrote:
Outcast_Searcher wrote: What does being gay have to do with reporting the news?

Absolutely nothing that I can see.

Anything to use to mudsling, apparently. How about calling him "small hands" to follow your man Trump's playbook? Maybe attack him for having prematurely white hair? You're all about substance, after all.

CHEERS! :-D

BOLD PREDICTIONS
-Billions are on the verge of starvation as the lockdown continues. (yoshua, 5/20/20)

HALL OF SHAME:
-Short welched on a bet and should be shunned.
-Frequent-flyers should not cry crocodile-tears over climate-change.
asg70
Permanently Banned

Unread postby evilgenius » Sun 03 Feb 2019, 13:22:17

How did this thread get away from architecture and the state of dilapidation? It did it pretty quickly and hasn't come back. I actually think that is a valid thing to discuss. It makes me think of how we use architecture in order to inspire ourselves. Whenever we are on the cusp of a new thing, or feel like we are experiencing a beginning, we understand that. When we aren't, we think those things are just a waste of money. Then too, there is the source of such inspiration. Most of us are probably used to thinking about inspiring buildings as products of the church. In the Twentieth Century, though, there were plenty of examples of such things brought about by secular mandate. Is there still room for secular inspiration? What is it that lies at the heart of giving up on collective expression of inspiration? Is it really about money? Maybe the population ages as a whole and people of a certain age see such things as a slap in the face, given that they stare down their own death? Maybe most of us don't see ourselves as members of society at a level where we feel we could participate in such inspiration? Maybe, in our isolation, we become critics?
evilgenius
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby GHung » Sun 03 Feb 2019, 15:28:44

evilgenius wrote:........ In the Twentieth Century, though, there were plenty of examples of such things brought about by secular mandate. Is there still room for secular inspiration? What is it that lies at the heart of giving up on collective expression of inspiration? Is it really about money?......

Ask the guys who tore down the dome on the right (26 years after its completion) to build the thing on the left.

Bread and circuses aren't free you know.
Blessed are the Meek, for they shall inherit nothing but their Souls. - Anonymous Ghung Person
GHung
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Sun 03 Feb 2019, 16:38:30

Google “boston stata center”.

BAF8221D-C3E1-4E40-96FD-6F46B92996F1.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby onlooker » Sun 03 Feb 2019, 16:46:30

cfc0cc1745525b0b4553bc6883ef352f.jpg
Well I think this architecture is more akin to Collapse
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby asg70 » Sun 03 Feb 2019, 17:31:57

Ugly architecture != collapse.

BOLD PREDICTIONS
-Billions are on the verge of starvation as the lockdown continues. (yoshua, 5/20/20)

HALL OF SHAME:
-Short welched on a bet and should be shunned.
-Frequent-flyers should not cry crocodile-tears over climate-change.
asg70
Permanently Banned

Unread postby onlooker » Sun 03 Feb 2019, 17:37:38

asg70 wrote:Ugly architecture != collapse.

That is just not ugly, that is decreipt and abandoned :shock:
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Fri 08 Feb 2019, 04:26:05

onlooker wrote:
asg70 wrote:Ugly architecture != collapse.

That is just not ugly, that is decreipt and abandoned :shock:

And of course, one isolated picture of a house with no context implies "collapse".

For who? One household? No one (if the building wasn't worth repairing)?

When the fast crash community cries "collapse" and wildly points in all directions, whether warranted or not, it's little wonder they mostly garner yawns by those not in their "special" little club. Many decades of false "collapse" predictions, and counting.

Ever hear of "The Boy Who Cried Wolf"?
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Fri 08 Feb 2019, 04:31:01

If bad art were a real sign of collapse, I'd have to point at Rap music.

But of course, what one likes art wise is purely subjective. (Like the "danger" of collapse constantly in the minds of the fast crash club, given the constant lack of actual meaningful collapse.)
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Fri 08 Feb 2019, 04:42:43

Plantagenet wrote:So tell me---how did the big fights go against the slimy cowards in the fraternities? Did you take a baseball bat or a chain or something to the fights, or did you just use martial arts skills? Did you take them all on single-handed or were you part of an organized police auxiliary group or a militia or maybe a vigilante group that would track them down and fight them in gang warfare, like in West Side Story? You must have some great stories about those fights....?

Cheers!

Not fist fights or gang fights. Fighting as a matter of principle -- as in trying to get people to change. Adults that want to stay out of jail don't resort to physical fighting if in their right mind. If I, or some group, were to simply start brawling physically with people I disagreed with, that would clearly not be helpful. But given your "helpful comments" on that, you already know that, right?

Now, reporting that kind of behavior to the cops or the campus security or the campus administration, or writing editorials, none of that could possibly help, right? Or simply by setting an example and only being willing to join the only fraternity on my campus that accepted people of all races, creeds, etc. and didn't behave like that -- and pointing that out to potential pledges each year. That couldn't possibly help either, right? But again, smart guy you are, I'm almost certain you already know all this.
Last edited by Outcast_Searcher on Fri 08 Feb 2019, 04:48:24, edited 1 time in total.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

PreviousNext

Return to Economics & Finance