Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

China The Belt And Road Initiative

Re: On the fast track to doom

Unread postby derhundistlos » Sun 02 Sep 2018, 08:34:16

"Where are your reserves in Colombia?"

The reserves are located in the Departments of Antioquia (about 3 hours drive along the main road connecting Medellin and Bogota) in an area called Rio Claro. The area is known for beautiful limestone canyons where the world's only bird species named los Guácharos nests in caves. Los Guacharos inhabit dark and deep caves in the day and go out at night to look for food, oriented by a system of echolocation similar to that of bats. These birds are critical to the health of the forests as the seeds they eat are not digested, but instead, are discharged in their poop and go on to propagate new growth. The name of the Reserve is La Reserva Natural el Titi, in honor of the beautiful and shy monkey that is endangered.
The other reserve is located in the Department of Guaviare along the Guaviare river and is named in honor of the highly social and beautiful Pink River dolphins that the reserve protects- La Reserva Natural Del Fines Rosados.
I tried uploading a map, but the system won't allow it. I'll try on Google Earth.

Where are you located?
Alone among God’s primates, Man kills for sport and lust and greed. If he's permitted to breed in great numbers, he'll make a desert of his home & yours. For he hath becometh death, the great Destroyer of worlds. ~The Budha~

The good Earth- we could have saved it, but we were too damn cheap & lazy ~K. Vonnegut~
derhundistlos
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Newfie » Sun 02 Sep 2018, 11:26:45

I’m in Newfoundland, Canada. But will be returning to Granada in a month or two. We hope to spend some time in Columbia in the next couple of years. Our Daughter in Law is Columbian.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Ibon » Sun 02 Sep 2018, 11:55:18

Newfie wrote:I’m in Newfoundland, Canada. But will be returning to Granada in a month or two. We hope to spend some time in Columbia in the next couple of years. Our Daughter in Law is Columbian.

Colombia..... and I wont forgive you if you don't visit us when you finally make that trip.
Patiently awaiting the pathogens. Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Newfie » Sun 02 Sep 2018, 16:11:56

Makes two of us! :-D
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Environment, Weather & Climate