Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Facebooks mega leak => Zuckerbergs Mea Culpa

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Facebooks mega leak => Zuckerbergs Mea Culpa

Unread postby M_B_S » Thu 22 Mar 2018, 08:27:28

https://www.ft.com/content/075e8982-2d4 ... 4b9f08f381

Please use the sharing tools found via the email icon at the top of articles. Copying articles to share with others is a breach of FT.com T&Cs and Copyright Policy. Email [email protected] to buy additional rights. Subscribers may share up to 10 or 20 articles per month using the gift article service. More information can be found at https://www.ft.com/tour.
https://www.ft.com/content/075e8982-2d4 ... 4b9f08f381

Share on LinkedIn (opens new window)
Save
Save to myFT
Hannah Kuchler in San Francisco 9 HOURS AGO 158
Mark Zuckerberg said he was willing to testify to any US government inquiry over reports that Cambridge Analytica had harvested data from more than 50m Facebook accounts, and that he would not be against regulation of his social media company.....
But where is the problem:

You are showing your genitalis on Facebook and so you want to be fucked. Or not?

Here two bonobos @work

M_B_S
M_B_S
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Re: Facebooks mega leak => Zuckerbergs Mea Culpa

Unread postby Plantagenet » Tue 10 Apr 2018, 19:45:32

Normally when Congress investigates something, they make them testify and then they grill them. But in this case it was all a sham. Facebook is too big for Congress.

Consider the fact that Zuckerman wasn't put under oath. Unlike other hearings for the banking industry, auto industry, oil industry etc. etc. where everyone is under oath, Zuckerberg can lie as much as he wants. Congress was afraid to put him under oath.

Consider also that Zuckerberg was allowed to use a special padded booster seat while he testified. Unlike other hearings fro the banking, auto, oil or other industries, where the purpose of the hearing is to hold the people testifying accountable and make them sweat and squirm through a long tough hearing, Zuckerberg gets to sit on a little padded throne, so he is nice and comfortable and looks taller. I'm sure Zuckerberg's people didn't anticipate that Zuckerberg would be photographed from behind so people could see the silly little booster seat, but thats how it goes.

Finally, consider the fact that 85% of the people questioning him have received political donations from Zuckerberg personally and/or Facebook. And I don't see any outcry that they should return the donations.

Nope ----- this is just a sham. Congress isn't going to touch Zuckerberg

Zuckerberg used a cute little booster seat during his congressional testimony.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cog » Tue 10 Apr 2018, 22:03:52

This is the same Congress that continues to reauthorize the Patriot Act and NSA data collections on us citizens.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby GHung » Wed 11 Apr 2018, 11:09:19

Cog wrote:This is the same Congress that continues to reauthorize the Patriot Act and NSA data collections on us citizens.

..... the same Congress who is giving Equifax a pass (despite the Dems crying foul). I never joined Facebook, as the privacy pitfalls were obvious from the start, but I had no choice in what the credit agencies have been doing. I've had to take extreme measures since Equifax let me know that virtually ALL of my important data has left the barn. What did I get? A year of free credit monitoring. And I don't do credit.

Criminals being protected at all levels.
Blessed are the Meek, for they shall inherit nothing but their Souls. - Anonymous Ghung Person
GHung
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Wed 11 Apr 2018, 12:49:25

Plantagenet wrote:Finally, consider the fact that 85% of the people questioning him have received political donations from Zuckerberg personally and/or Facebook. And I don't see any outcry that they should return the donations.

To me, this is the really outrageous part. As I understand it from a friend who watches such things (I haven't validated this) the questioning group is getting in aggregate, a LOT of money from the FB PAC.

There should be some sort of standard where such groups recuse themselves and let a more objective group do the questioning. Of course, that would imply an honest system, so we're not going to get THAT any time soon. :roll:

I will say again that I feel a lot better about never joining such social media, despite the frequent sneers of young folks who live buried in their smart phone (which I still don't have either) as their personal data is frequently used for various purposes likely NOT in their interest.

And again, I'm no Luddite. I have all the internet access I need or care for at home for one low monthly price and plenty of speed and unlimited data. If I find truly compelling app(s) that make it WORTH it to buy a smart phone and a monthly data plan, then I'll do that. (WORTH it, to me, is going to have to be rather compelling, given all the security, etc. problems with smart phones and their apps).
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Return to Economics & Finance