Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE Denmark Thread (merged)

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: Denmark

Unread postby FourOfSwords » Wed 01 Apr 2009, 17:34:10

I feel,even though the people are interesting, the country beautiful, that Denmark may fair no better than other European countries.
I think HOLGER DANSK may be waking from his slumbers...
[smilie=zicon_viking.gif]
Story Here Dansk:
Men pragten i det hele er dog det gamle Kronborg og under det er det at Holger Danske sidder i den dybe mørke kælder hvor ingen kommer, han er klædt i jern og stål og støtter sit hoved på de stærke arme; hans lange skæg hænger ud over marmorbordet hvori det er vokset fast, han sover og drømmer, men i drømme ser han alt hvad der sker heroppe i Danmark. Hver juleaften kommer en Guds engel og siger ham at det er rigtigt, som han har drømt, og at han godt kan sove igen, for Danmark er endnu ikke i nogen ordentlig fare! men kommer det i en, ja, så vil den gamle Holger Danske rejse sig så bordet revner, når han trækker skægget til sig! så kommer han frem og slår så det høres i alle verdens lande.

Story Here English:
But the fairest sight of all is the old castle of Kronborg, and under it sits Holger Danske in the deep, dark cellar which no one enters; he is clad in iron and steel and rests his head on his stalwart arm; his long beard hangs down upon the marble table where it has become stuck fast; he sleeps and dreams, but in his dreams he sees everything that comes to pass in Denmark. Every Christmas Eve an angel of God comes to tell him that all he has dreamed is true, and that he may go to back to sleep again, for Denmark is not yet in any danger! but if it should ever come, then old Holger Danske will rouse himself, and the table will break apart as he pulls out his beard! Then he will come forth, and strike a blow that shall be heard throughout all the countries of the world.
Alex
The bigger you build the bonfire, the more darkness is revealed."

- Terence McKenna
FourOfSwords
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Nicholai » Sat 20 Jun 2009, 08:37:13

Ive been in Denmark now for the past 8 months and I would say that Denmark is really at the cutting edge of green technology. Ive been staying at a collective in northern Denmark and, despite having numerous CO2 neutral technologies, the collective is still far from being a post-peak community.

The country is very nice overall yet the lack of nature will likely end up drawing me back to French Canada. In this case I will have to start my own home from scratch, but the people around me will be McGyver types that will really know how to do things when push comes to shove.

Any questions?
Nicholai
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Revi » Tue 23 Jun 2009, 22:30:45

My nephew and niece are Danes and are doing okay. Denmark is a great place to be post peak, but you have to be a citizen.

I live near Quebec, and I think it is the ideal post peak place to be. They have lots of Hydro, wind and industries like Bombardier which will be making things that will be needed, such as trains. You also have the Zenn manufacturing plant, so you can drive around in an electric car, eat maple syrup and heat your house up there. It is cold, but that will keep most people out.

Mon pais c'est pas un pais, c'est l'hiver! Gilles Vigneault
Deep in the mud and slime of things, even there, something sings.
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Denmark Joins Arctic Arms Race

Unread postby deMolay » Sun 26 Jul 2009, 22:13:33

"We Are All Travellers, From The Sweet Grass To The Packing House, From Birth To Death, We Wander Between The Two Eternities". An Old Cowboy.
deMolay
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Re: Denmark Joins Arctic Arms Race

Unread postby bodigami » Tue 04 Aug 2009, 11:56:21

deMolay wrote:The return of the Vikings or? http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/672104

yes, they are preparing for ragnarok.
bodigami
Permanently Banned

Re: THE Denmark Thread (merged)

Unread postby Tanada » Sat 20 Jan 2018, 14:42:57

More and graphs at link below quote;
The $3.3bn Tyra Future redevelopment project is critical in enabling Denmark to achieve its gas supply requirements while supporting future regional investments and protecting industry jobs.

An agreement with the Danish government was approved by the parliament and the final investment decision on the project was made by the Danish Underground Consortium (DUC) operated by Maersk Oil in December.

The project’s go ahead decision was influenced by the importance of Tyra as a hub in the Danish North Sea area, where the interruption of the production would have significant negative impact in the country’s oil and gas production.

Faced with either redevelopment or early decommissioning, the Tyra fields present a level of expenditure not seen before in the Danish sector but the DUC and the Danish government are eager to execute the project.

The estimated remaining recoverable reserves of the fields under the 1/62 License contiguous area is nearly 900 million barrels of oil equivalent (mmboe) or 78% of total remaining reserves of Denmark. The Tyra field and the directly connected satellite fields Tyra SE, Valdemar, Harald, Svend and Roar are estimated to contain nearly 13% of Denmark’s reserves with a total of 154mmboe. All of these fields depend upon Tyra infrastructure for ongoing production.

LINK
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: THE Denmark Thread (merged)

Unread postby Subjectivist » Sat 20 Jan 2018, 21:58:38

Seems like with a billion barrels (equivalent) at stake it would be worth a serious investment to keep the wet gas flowing. Even if the profit margin is miniscule it has to be better than importing gas from Russia or via LNG tanker and sending the payments out of the country.
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Previous

Return to Europe Discussion