Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Hello Pt 8

Say hello, learn how to register, read the rules, get staff announcements.

Re: Hi form oil-rich Kazakhstan

Unread postby Subjectivist » Mon 06 Mar 2017, 14:12:32

from Kazakhstan wrote:I've been reading here for a while... but it's the time to say something)
I know a lot about Kazakhstan's oil fields, not the last ones in the world. It's also my way to try myself in english speaking talks.

How was your weather this winter? How is your economy there? It is hard to get news from your country here in Toledo.
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby sparky » Mon 06 Mar 2017, 19:00:43

OPEC was set up , with US good office ,to keep the price of crude low .
Once this is considered , the whole policy make sense
certainly more than some "market share" idea , Saudi Arabia could have increased it's market share easily enough without driving the price down to 20$/b ,
obeying their Washington master to hurt Russia sound like a better theory, they just got caught with it
sparky
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Mon 06 Mar 2017, 20:54:17

?????
I thought OPEC was set up to agree upon crude production quotas which keep the prices higher, not lower.
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Mon 06 Mar 2017, 22:36:32

"Also to maintain market stability". And as Dr. Phil would ask: "How's that working for you?" The only truly effective cartel to stabilize prices was run by the Texas Rail Road Commission. From the after WWII to the early 70's prices slowly declined but in a very controlled mode. See chart:

http://www.macrotrends.net/1369/crude-o ... tory-chart

Which is remarkable given this was a boom time period in Texas when some of the most prolific oil trends of all time were developed. It controlled oil production rates by using the proration regulation: the TRRC would monthly set the % of oil every well in Texas. And it controlled the global price of oil because at this time Texas was THE source of oil exports for the entire world. The law developed out of the boom brought on by the discovery of the giant East Texas oil field:

"The State proration regulations of the East Texas Field are based upon the Oil and Gas Conservation Act enacted in 1919 by the State Legislature under authority of a constitutional amendment voted August 31, 1917, which required the Legislature to pass laws for conservation and development of the natural resources of the state. The Oil and Gas Conservation Act of 1919 prohibited production of crude oil “in such manner and under such conditions as to constitute waste” and the Texas Railroad Commission was charged with doing “all things necessary for the conservation of oil” and with establishment of “such rules and regulations as will be necessary to conserve the oil and gas resources in the state.”

To conserve the oil and gas resources: read to not sell those resources cheap. Violations of the proration regs in the East Texas Field led the governor to declare marshal law, sent in the state guard, arrested some operators and shut the entire field in.

But that came crashing to a halt just as US oil production peaked, domestic consumption boomed post war and the giant ME fields were being developed. But the TRRC still has the authority to reduce the production of every oil well in the state: each month the commissioners set the allowable percentage. Since the early 70's it has been set every month at 100%.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Re: Hello from UK

Unread postby lisonperry » Mon 03 Apr 2017, 05:00:58

Hello I am also new in this forum Happy to join us
lisonperry
Wood
Wood

Re: Hello from Australia

Unread postby lisonperry » Mon 03 Apr 2017, 05:04:45

lasseter wrote:Hi Guys, I'm up on the outskirts of briso with a 3 year plan to move out 100km onto a property I am beginning to setup. It's good to see a few locals here, there are very few sites that cater to what we believe in and I am glad to have found this one. Frank

Hello I am also new in this forum Happy to join us
lisonperry
Wood
Wood

Unread postby Subjectivist » Tue 04 Apr 2017, 11:40:53

lisonperry wrote:Hello I am also new in this forum Happy to join us

Howdy, where are you from and how do energy prices affect your life?
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Tue 04 Apr 2017, 13:27:26

Sub - I assume he meant Bristol. I wonder how things are going with the Bristol Energy Cooperative:

http://www.bristolenergy.coop

"Our third fund-raise aims to finance an ambitious portfolio of solar projects to Bristol and Somerset. Together we've raised over £10m. Our share offer is now closed. Thanks to all our investors and supporters!"

So lisonperry: anything like that going on in your neighborhood?
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Tue 04 Apr 2017, 17:56:40

Hey Ainan- of course I remember you & it was just shy of 6 years ago- my youngest was about to migrate to Australia at 3 months old & her birthday is in 2 weeks- turning 6. Will PM you, same to Lasseter, I lost your number with a drowned phone & you went quiet here- thought you had moved on.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Wed 05 Apr 2017, 06:31:21

BlinkBlink wrote:I'm just north of Melbourne on 11 acres. So there is at least one Mexican here.

I've been one the last 2 years again, my family has been in Vic since 1828. I'm writing from the midst of a 100 acre paddock surrounded by old dry stone walls, 20 km SW of the CBD- my 'town camp'. I drive trucks out of Laverton North every weekday, pretty much everywhere in Melbourne + every 2 weeks I drive up over the border & back, usually through Echuca/ Moama. I guess you are up Broadford way- where the scalies are (oz slang for truck safety crocodiles).
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Wed 05 Apr 2017, 06:58:02

Northerners call southerners Mexicans here. It's a load of bullshit though because everyone up there except the northern Aborigines migrated from the south of Australia.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby sparky » Wed 05 Apr 2017, 07:27:23

Parochialism is pretty strong in Oz ,
The lack of any big problems make us fall back on basics ,
...hate your brother
sparky
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Wed 05 Apr 2017, 13:21:50

lisonperry wrote:Hello I am also new in this forum Happy to join us

Welcome to the forum.
You have added on to a four year old thread instead of starting your own but no harm done.
Tell us a bit about yourself and interests without getting too personnel as a bit of caution is always advised anywhere on the net.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Wed 05 Apr 2017, 18:29:41

lisonperry - Ignore vt...he's such a worry wart. Feel free to share home address, birth date, bank and credit card account numbers, etc. Everyone here is trustworthy. Except for maybe for Ghung...still not sure about him.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Re: Hello from NEPA: Coal Country

Unread postby Subjectivist » Sat 30 Sep 2017, 19:19:34

Puchica wrote:Living with an active coal mine not a hundred feet from my door and all the while struggling to get this ancient coal cookstove to cook in the middle of the ice storm. Hello

What does coal country look like now that six years have passed?
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Greetings from Planet Mazanec

Unread postby tmazanec1 » Wed 20 Dec 2017, 21:58:33

I just realized I never posted my website for you to learn about me! I's a bit of a grave site now (last update April 2014) but it still is nice:
http://tmazanec1.xepher.net/
Click on the text or image.
tmazanec1
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Re: Greetings from Planet Mazanec

Unread postby Plantagenet » Thu 21 Dec 2017, 00:02:49

Hi Thomas:

Welcome to PeakOil.com.

I clicked on your link and made a short visit to Planet Mazanec and read a few of the sections. First I read the section where you discuss your Aspergers syndrome and then went on to a couple of the other sections.

You write in a very clear way, and your website is interesting to look through. Some of the sections about your personal life and your family are very moving.

Good luck to you.

CHEERS!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Re: Hi, hey, hello!

Unread postby Eary__1942 » Thu 19 Dec 2019, 13:27:05

Hello everyone. I'm a new user)))
Eary__1942
Wood
Wood

Re: Hi, hey, hello!