Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE Ghana Thread

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: Ghana Solar Energy Plant

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Fri 20 Oct 2017, 23:41:11

Nzema Solar Power Station is a 155 megawatts solar power plant. At $400 million that's $2.6 million/MW.

The Chinese 20 MW at $30 million = $1.5 million/MW.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Ghana is ‘about to have an oil boom’

Unread postby AdamB » Sun 18 Mar 2018, 00:12:55

Ghana, the west African nation known as one of the world's largest cocoa producers, is on course for skyrocketing economic growth this year thanks to an entirely different commodity. Ghana is "about to have an oil boom," Imad Mesdoua, senior consultant for Africa at Control Risks, told CNBC via telephone. "This will primarily be driven by rising oil prices, expanding production and new deals which are likely to come online in the coming six months," Mesdoua explained. The U.K.'s Tullow Oil and Italy's Eni have both expanded their operations in the former British colony in recent years. Tullow started a multiyear drilling program on TEN, its second field in Ghana, in February of this year, having pumped its first oil from the site in 2016. Eni, meanwhile, began production on its Sankofa field in mid-2017. Earlier in March, Ghana's President Nana Akufo-Addo announced that

Ghana is ‘about to have an oil boom’
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: Report from Ghana

Unread postby aldente » Sat 20 Apr 2019, 04:30:13

Ghana is awesome !

aldente
Permanently Banned

Previous

Return to Africa Discussion