Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Collapse by 2025---Irrefutable

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

Re: Collapse by 2025---Irrefutable

Unread postby Cliffhanger1983 » Fri 20 Oct 2017, 13:23:21

pstarr wrote:
onlooker wrote:While we are in the pretending business lets pretend the Debt bubble and bubbles predicated on it does NOT not exist and will not pop. That Alternatives Renewable energy can be implemented without a functioning robust economy or we have decades to do it not till the year 2025. Or that the demographic entitlements is sustainable. Or that our Economy can function without the prodigious amounts of energy FF and only FF can provide. Or that automation and efficiency gains will not create further unemployment and underemployment. Must be nice to live in Denial Land

Good! Very good onlooker. A testimony to our relentless education and confidence.

Cliffhanger1983, I curated the same/similar list of articles (the 'Compendium List of Doom') a week ago. Is the previous list the same as this new one? Are they updated? I like it. :)

Yes I updated a few. And the reason I use so many links is not that I trying to flood everyone with so much information it's impossible to refute. It's because I believe in the Carl Sagan logic "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. "
Dennis Meadows "There's Nothing We Can Do"
http://churchandstate.org.uk/2013/04/dennis-meadows-there-is-nothing-that-we-can-do/
Cliffhanger1983
Permanently Banned

Unread postby onlooker » Fri 20 Oct 2017, 13:27:11

Cliffhanger1983 wrote:One thing that everyone should consider. Limits to growth are not "predictions" they are mathematical forecast based on computer simulations. They are used in physics, astrophysics, climatology, chemistry, biology, economics, psychology, social science, and engineering. So our collapse is a mathematical certainty.

Yes so right Cliff these are certainties. I had found an article stating that the LTR is proving prescient relative to our progression since then up to the present maybe I or you Cliff can find that. Oh and P thanks for the compliment we are giving them hell haha
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby onlooker » Fri 20 Oct 2017, 13:31:28

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... g-collapse
Limits to Growth was right. New research shows we're nearing collapse
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby StarvingLion » Fri 20 Oct 2017, 13:42:57

Outcast_Searcher wrote:And of course, let's ignore the ongoing efficiency gains. Let's ignore the impressive ramp-up of solar and wind, which should be starting to get pretty significant by about 2025.

Let's pretend such things won't have a cushioning effect IF oil demand should exceed supply.

Let's also pretend the pricing mechanism won't change behavior (such as prompting far more conservation and efficiency) IF oil should become relatively scarce.

Let's also pretend any such relative shortage won't take decades to play out -- that doom must happen right away -- as though things like the undulating plateau don't exist.

Let's also pretend like green energy won't continue to become more abundant and more efficient and really reducing the demand for oil substantially over those decades -- to the point that any relative lack of supply is a minor inconvenience, at most.

But sure, if you spin some fantasy and ignore all the facts on the ground, you can claim any scenario you want.

Just as fast crash doomers of many stripes have been doing for many decades.

So what? The world isn't run by fairy tales.

Everybody knows that "Renewables" are not an Energy Transition....they are a feeble cushion against The Oil Apocalypse. The criminals traded the assumed Peak Oil Narrative for The Oil Apocalypse by employing every EOR method possible thus resulting in a massive rate of depletion while keeping rate of decline on some kind of hopeless train of endless technological "advancement". You now, the kind of tech advance that eliminated the ak-47 (snark).

"Renewables" isn't about efficiency thats for sure. Its like biology, its meant to remain robust against injury. Those vast hordes will bring down central power stations real quick but 100,000's of junk windmills and panels are more robust i GUESS.

There is never going to be an Energy Transition because there is nothing to transition to. Hahahah...poor Old Ronnie Patterson got rid of the doomers on his site only to turn into a doomer himself. He's 87years old and isn't going to make it. The giants are going to collapse in the next few years and there will be nobody to change his diapers when he is 90. The poor bugger is talking about interstellar space travel now....talk about desperate.
Outcast_Searcher is a fraud.
StarvingLion
Permanently Banned

Unread postby StarvingLion » Fri 20 Oct 2017, 13:53:53

Solar PV - Extreme Variability totally ruins this junk. Its worse than intermittency. Way worse than Windmills

Solar CPS - More expensive than nuclear. Only possible in very rare geographic and climate sites. Still needs natural gas.

WindMills - Requires massive storage. Extremely expensive. Unreliable. Not scalable.

Fusion - Impossible to confine plasma with magnetic fields. Tritium is not an inexhaustible fuel. Its not a fuel at all. High energy neutrons impossible to deal with engineering wise. There is nothing here to even work with. No plausible concept at all.

Fission - Fast neutron reactors are a bomb waiting to go off. Inherently unreliable and dangerous. Nobody has ever come up with a reactor design that burns uranium efficiently. Mining uranium from seawater = pipedream. Currency debauchery and fission reactors don't mix. How is it possible to build nukes when the oil giants collapse? Too late, window of opportunity is gone.

There are NO functional electricity generators that do not use fossil fuels.

The Physicists are a total Failure. Failed profession.
StarvingLion
Permanently Banned

Unread postby StarvingLion » Fri 20 Oct 2017, 14:02:06

I wonder if eulenspiegel will ever come back. He lost all credibility a few weeks ago at Ronnies Place when he said China and India are moving away from oil consumption to build out tech stuff. Complete nonsense. They're gonna suck up ALL the remaining oil, thats what they are gonna do. Now eulenspiegel says we have to go nuts and build the renewables again but it will take at aleast 30 years to do so.

In other words, "Renewables" is just like fusion: always 30-50 years away into the future. Pipedream.

Why can't these people just admit the obvious: shortages of oil supply will cause massive conflict.
StarvingLion
Permanently Banned

Unread postby StarvingLion » Fri 20 Oct 2017, 14:07:45

Finally somebody said the truth, this Ves guy. This is what killed the Albanian Pyramid Schemes, oil stopped flowing. Same thing with the "Federal" "Reserve". The Monetary System is Rubber Stamp Bad Loans...thats it...thats The Monetary System. How much shale is there left to drill? Or how much water is left to do it along with Canada Tar Goop. Mix 2 parts Tar Goop with 1 Part Light "oil" = Barely refinable crapola.

Ves
Ignored
says:
10/20/2017 at 12:50 pm

Heinrich,
All these 5 mbd of shale is doing is defending the petrodollar and debt based financial system. That’s all to it – without any judgement. Debt is always increasing regardless of the price of oil. Drilling is relentless regardless of price of oil.
StarvingLion
Permanently Banned

Unread postby asg70 » Fri 20 Oct 2017, 14:31:30

onlooker wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/sep/02/limits-to-growth-was-right-new-research-shows-were-nearing-collapse
Limits to Growth was right. New research shows we're nearing collapse

It's a good article but please just put it in your sig if you're in love with it so much and not spam the board with it every other day. I mean, enough already.

BOLD PREDICTIONS
-Billions are on the verge of starvation as the lockdown continues. (yoshua, 5/20/20)

HALL OF SHAME:
-Short welched on a bet and should be shunned.
-Frequent-flyers should not cry crocodile-tears over climate-change.
asg70
Permanently Banned

Unread postby onlooker » Fri 20 Oct 2017, 14:40:20

That is why all that hoopla about production cuts from KSA was just a lot of hot air. They have kept drilling all out because they know just like the Shale producers that the rich world consumers and Economies are fast losing steam from lack of Net Energy and staggering Debt loads and thus the Oil Price would never recover. As you guys have said they're is no Plan B, never was one. Or else it would have begun years back when it might have made a difference.
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby rockdoc123 » Fri 20 Oct 2017, 15:59:54

Yes I updated a few. And the reason I use so many links is not that I trying to flood everyone with so much information it's impossible to refute. I

Its called spaming or bombing and it is in direct conflict with what is laid out in the COC. This was just pointed out to you by a Moderator who deleted 3 of your long repetitive content-free posts and apparently, you couldn't give a shit. That too is also in direct conflict with the terms of the COC (ignoring the directions of the Moderators).

I am very surprised you haven't been permanently banned.....it has happened to others for far fewer infractions.
rockdoc123
Expert
Expert

Unread postby rockdoc123 » Fri 20 Oct 2017, 16:30:51

You might want to take your problems up with the moderators? They make the rules. And besides . . . I have a nice collection of Cliffhanger1983's very valuable links and I will continue to post them . . . with comment. As if DOOM needs a comment lol

Already did....and it isn't my problem it is the problem of everyone here who gets tired of seeing the same long post with the same links in it. Once is enough, it doesn't have to be posted ten times. I'm glad you have a collection of links. They have already been posted and if anyone else was interested in them I'm sure they've saved them as well. Please keep them to yourself.

And the main issue is he was warned specifically in the fast crash thread where the same post was deleted three times and yet he stills ignores the moderators. Sorry, that sort of behavior shouldn't be tolerated.
rockdoc123
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cliffhanger1983 » Fri 20 Oct 2017, 16:51:22

Check out this video.. George Bush suggested we use Switch grass to meet our energy needs...LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNfZeh6oK-c
http://churchandstate.org.uk/2013/04/dennis-meadows-there-is-nothing-that-we-can-do/
Cliffhanger1983
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Cliffhanger1983 » Fri 20 Oct 2017, 16:54:38

rockdoc123 wrote:
Yes I updated a few. And the reason I use so many links is not that I trying to flood everyone with so much information it's impossible to refute. I

Its called spaming or bombing and it is in direct conflict with what is laid out in the COC. This was just pointed out to you by a Moderator who deleted 3 of your long repetitive content-free posts and apparently, you couldn't give a shit. That too is also in direct conflict with the terms of the COC (ignoring the directions of the Moderators).

I am very surprised you haven't been permanently banned.....it has happened to others for far fewer infractions.

Just face Rock you are a vagina who can't handle reality. I told you my logic for doing it and you have to cry like a baby to try to get me banned and censored. you cant handle free speech and free thought. you are a true coward.
Cliffhanger1983
Permanently Banned

Unread postby asg70 » Fri 20 Oct 2017, 17:19:20

pstarr wrote:As if DOOM needs a comment

If it doesn't, why do you have over 20,000 posts? Just kick back and eat your hot buttered popcorn, man.

BOLD PREDICTIONS
-Billions are on the verge of starvation as the lockdown continues. (yoshua, 5/20/20)

HALL OF SHAME:
asg70
Permanently Banned

Unread postby rockdoc123 » Fri 20 Oct 2017, 17:26:54

you cant handle free speech and free thought. you are a true coward

free speech and free thought are one thing, spamming the board continuously is another. You have been posting in violation of the COC. Those rules are put there for a reason but perhaps like most millennials you believe the rules are for everyone but you. Do you actually think you are above those rules? Did you not get the message when your posts were deleted not once but 3 times?

And ad hominem remarks are also against the COC.
rockdoc123
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cliffhanger1983 » Fri 20 Oct 2017, 17:48:36

rockdoc123 wrote:
you cant handle free speech and free thought. you are a true coward

free speech and free thought are one thing, spamming the board continuously is another. You have been posting in violation of the COC. Those rules are put there for a reason but perhaps like most millennials you believe the rules are for everyone but you. Do you actually think you are above those rules? Did you not get the message when your posts were deleted not once but 3 times?

And ad hominem remarks are also against the COC.

You are just pissed because I made an irrefutable case for collapse. And since you can't refute you have to try to go the thought crime route. You want to turn this site into North Korea. And yes I might be younger then you but I am a scientist who holds a Phd in Quantum Chemistry. So please go back to the cornfield your cousin/wife is calling...
Cliffhanger1983
Permanently Banned

Unread postby rockdoc123 » Fri 20 Oct 2017, 18:45:28

You are just pissed because I made an irrefutable case for collapse. And since you can't refute you have to try to go the thought crime route. You want to turn this site into North Korea. And yes I might be younger then you but I am a scientist who holds a Phd in Quantum Chemistry. So please go back to the cornfield your cousin/wife is calling...

You make no case whatsoever. All you did was post a bunch of links, time and time and time again, the same ones over and over with no rationale to accompany them.
Thought crime? For someone with a PhD you would think you actually understood what that meant, wouldn't you? :roll:
And it seems strange to me that you are saying this is somehow my fault when in fact a moderator has warned you not once, but three times about posting in this manner in the same thread and at least once on three other threads and you want to flaunt it in their face? Are you then telling us you can do whatever the hell you please with no respect to posting guidelines here?
In case you missed it those numerous times this is what the mods sent you:
Repetitive post deleted.

Under the COC all members agree to follow when posting on this website,

3.0 The following post content is subject to edit/deletion with or without notification to the poster by the Staff member moderating that post:

3.1.6 Repetitive messages: This includes cross-posting, flooding, and spamming

If you want to post links then post one or two with a discussion describing why you post them perhaps discussing the pros/cons etc. That would bother no one. It's your method here that pisses us off, not your madness.

A PhD in quantum chemisty eh? Good for you. I do, however find it odd you haven't bothered to post a single sentence with regards to the ETP arguments on thermodynamics. Seems to me you must be an expert on the subject. Perhaps you can contribute something there that isn't a page full of links to online press releases? Although I'm sure your thesis supervisor would be happy to learn you are now trying to compete with Google.
Been a long time since I did my comprehensives and dissertation defense and perhaps things have changed but I'm am willing to bet dollars to donuts that there aren't many folks who have obtained a PhD and have the following as their go-to vocabulary (all quotes from you on this site):

Then watch him stroke out while you breed his daughters!

I cant wait to burn this bitch down!

In a few years you will be beaten, robbed, eaten. And goons will rape your girlfriend, wife, daughters, right in front of you.

and I'll leave you with a comment from Cog on another thread (I think it was the hurricane thread), it echoes what I think many of us think.

Why would I possibly remember you cliffhanger? You are as irrelevant to me as Lady Gaga or the homeless guy living under the overpass.
rockdoc123
Expert
Expert

Unread postby sunweb » Fri 20 Oct 2017, 18:58:23

rockdoc123 - I didn't know about repetitive posts. I had been deleted and didn't understand why. Thanks for the information. I will handle it differently from now on.
sunweb
Peat
Peat

Unread postby asg70 » Fri 20 Oct 2017, 19:10:51

pstarr wrote:Grow up rockdoc. You are an old man. Not a child.

This thread is about unsustainable debt, population growth and resource depletion. If that bothers you then perhaps you should just leave and stop crapping all over everybody else.

In the other thread you decried ad homs in the interest of not driving posters away, now you're dishing them out and trying to drive people away. Hypocrisy personified.

BOLD PREDICTIONS

HALL OF SHAME:
asg70
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Cliffhanger1983 » Fri 20 Oct 2017, 19:20:13

Rock. I created my own thread and I have received several compliments for my post of links.... If you don't like it then why don't you just ignore this thread and move on? But no..You want to be a bully and control all the information for everyone... So why don't you clean the sand out of your clit and move along.....
Cliffhanger1983
Permanently Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Peak Oil Discussion