Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

The U.S., energy producing superpower

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

Re: The U.S., energy producing superpower

Unread postby Cog » Fri 16 Jun 2017, 08:18:01

Bless you heart shorty. You are trying so hard.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby rockdoc123 » Fri 16 Jun 2017, 09:05:37

The only explanation that makes any sense is that demand is down in the rest of the world,

maybe in your bizarro reality but in the real world global demand for oil continues to rise as illustrated in the BP report discussed up thread.
rockdoc123
Expert
Expert

Unread postby shortonoil » Fri 16 Jun 2017, 09:29:49

maybe in your bizarro reality but in the real world global demand for oil continues to rise as illustrated in the BP report discussed up thread.

The Speculators see the handwriting on the wall; massive and growing inventories are not going to be good for upward long term pricing, and are pulling out of their long positions.

So maybe you believe that growing inventories are going to push Speculators into long positions? All that can be said of that is that it is a good thing you are not my investment adviser, and (for their sakes) not anyone else's either.

We have now come full circle, growing inventories are now a sign of "increasing" demand? That sounds like more debt is good for the economy! You will find all of this on page 23 of the "Double Speak Dictionary"! Edited and published by Big Brother and Company Publishing.
http://www.thehillsgroup.org/
shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet

Unread postby rockdoc123 » Fri 16 Jun 2017, 09:48:03

We have now come full circle, growing inventories are now a sign of "increasing" demand? That sounds like more debt is good for the economy! You will find all of this on page 23 of the "Double Speak Dictionary"! Edited and published by Big Brother and Company Publishing.

it is statements like this that explain why there are so many people on this sight who think the whole ETP thing you are tossing around is complete nonsense. The sign of increasing demand is in the actual data. Why look for some tangential variable that may or may not be indicative when you have the damned information right in front of you?

This raises suspicions that either you never actually look at real data or you have a very difficult time understanding what it is telling you. :roll:
rockdoc123
Expert
Expert

Unread postby shortonoil » Fri 16 Jun 2017, 11:42:21

So maybe you believe that growing inventories are going to push Speculators into long positions?

Could you explain how that is going to happen, or are you going to rely an another barrage of insults to get your well thought evaluations across. Phony!
shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet

Unread postby Cog » Fri 16 Jun 2017, 12:04:46

Bless your heart shorty. You are trying so hard to be relevant.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Fri 16 Jun 2017, 13:34:48

creed - Now that you mention it the US is a super power in another area. "...our debt started to shoot up after the 1970 when we started to import crude." And how could we have sustained that borrowing? The US is a super power when it comes to being credit worthy. Just think how different the Greek economy would be if it had the same status as the US. Despite the none stop bullsh*t coming out of DC these days we still have one of the most stable govts on the planet. And military? I don't think many are worried about Canadian or Mexican tanks rolling across the border like we saw Russian tanks do in Crimea.

Yes: the US has gotten by with a staggering amount of debt. But a large portion was supplied by foreigners. IOW the only difference between having $500 billion in the bank and borrowing $500 billion is the interest payment. And if you can keep paying the interest by borrowing those monies too that's a sweet deal, isn't it. Of course, only until you can't.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Fri 16 Jun 2017, 13:49:02

creed - Re Louisiana biofuels I found this. Not sure of the data but I think fairly recent. From

http://loga.la/louisiana-biofuels-indus ... rint=print

"Louisiana possesses the most renewable diesel production capacity in the country and possibly the world. The bulk of that production lies in the Baton Rouge and New Orleans regions. Emerald Biofuels’ 85-million-gallon plant in Plaquemine will lift that capacity to around 300 million gallons.

Still, nearly a decade into the green fuels push, the state’s biofuels industry appears quite different than many imagined it would. Most of the state’s renewable fuels spring from animal fats and grease, rather than so-called energy crops: the corn, sugar cane and other plants once considered the most promising feedstocks. Recent studies have shown corn-based ethanol is more harmful to the environment than gasoline.

Meanwhile, trees and forestry waste are key to two different businesses. One turns the woody biomass into pellets that will be burned in overseas power plants. The other converts the same materials into gasoline. Sundrop Fuels is planning a $450 million plant in Alexandria. The facility will take natural gas and cellulose, the inedible, fibrous part of a plant, and use a chemical reaction to turn the feedstock into synthetic gasoline.

Another is Cool Planet Energy’s mini-refinery, also in Alexandria. The $56 million facility will also turn trees into high-octane gasoline, 10 million gallons a year to be exact. But Cool Planet says its process also creates a second product that may prove even more valuable: a high-tech charcoal that allows soil to retain more nutrients, helping plants grow faster."
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby AdamB » Fri 16 Jun 2017, 14:04:59

creedoninmo wrote:Adam B: You are basically not saying anything. I am not here to waste my time with someone who says nothing.

Right back at you sock puppet. Hopefully each identity that shows up here to backup the etp clowns gets a cut of any sales of the report to the gullible?
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby AdamB » Fri 16 Jun 2017, 14:11:38

creedoninmo wrote:The U.S. is not an energy producing super power.

Okay. Using the facts provided, how about we rewrite it a little?

"The US overtook Russia in 2012 as the world's leading producing of petroleum and natural gas hydrocarbons and in just 4 years has increased its production to a point 22% greater than Russia.

The facts ma'am. just the facts.

Better?

creedoninmo wrote:We import half of our energy. What we are is a debt producing super power. The title of the thread should be changed. We are a debt producing super power.

The facts, so that even sock puppets can't claim I didn't say EXACTLY what the US energy statistical and analytic experts did. Now run along and try and pitch alt-reports to those who can't think their way around them in seconds....children perhaps? 2nd graders?
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby AdamB » Fri 16 Jun 2017, 14:17:57

creedoninmo wrote:CNBC is saying that the current drop in oil prices is due to the fact that the Saudis haven't cut supply enough. In another month they will be back out with another story about how the price is going to go back up because OPEC is cutting supply. They've been playing the same game for seemingly years now.

They have a huge problem, and it starts with Rockman and his ilk.

http://www.thenational.ae/business/mark ... s-over-oil

Go US exceptionalism! Bring on another US peak!

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby AdamB » Fri 16 Jun 2017, 14:21:15

creedoninmo wrote: You are right, we can out bid the rest of the world for crude.

And outproduce them as well! Thanks for coming back to the OP's entire point!!

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby AdamB » Fri 16 Jun 2017, 14:23:24

rockdoc123 wrote:This raises suspicions that either you never actually look at real data or you have a very difficult time understanding what it is telling you. :roll:

You are talking to Shorty, he can suffer from both!! Whatever it takes to generate report sales rockdoc, whatever it takes!

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby creedoninmo » Fri 16 Jun 2017, 20:45:05

Adam B: Oil production by country; Wikipedia; 2016 data: U.S. 8.875 mb/d, Russia 10.551 mb/d, Saudi Arabia; 10.460 mb/d.
Oil consumption by country: U.S. 19,396,000 barrels/day, Russia 3,113,000 barrels/day, Saudi Arabia 3,889,000 barrels/day,
creedoninmo
Peat
Peat

Unread postby AdamB » Fri 16 Jun 2017, 23:10:34

creedoninmo wrote:Adam B: Oil production by country; Wikipedia; 2016 data: U.S. 8.875 mb/d, Russia 10.551 mb/d, Saudi Arabia; 10.460 mb/d.
Oil consumption by country: U.S. 19,396,000 barrels/day, Russia 3,113,000 barrels/day, Saudi Arabia 3,889,000 barrels/day,

I would refer you to the OP, information laid out so even sock puppets would understand, from the US energy EXPERTS, as opposed to random wiki knowledge which, if memory serves, once claimed that global peak oil had actually happened.

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby AdamB » Fri 16 Jun 2017, 23:12:38

pstarr wrote:
creedoninmo wrote:Adam B: Oil production by country; Wikipedia; 2016 data: U.S. 8.875 mb/d, Russia 10.551 mb/d, Saudi Arabia; 10.460 mb/d.

Creed, It's not necessary to cloud the discussion with facts. You should know better

Score #2 who can't even read the particulars listed in the OP. From energy experts, as opposed to those who specialize in wiki knowledge, right pstarr? :-D

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby EdwinSm » Sat 17 Jun 2017, 02:02:50

The person who posted the OP interpreted the EIA's statement "the world's top producer of petroleum and natural gas hydrocarbons" as equaling "energy producing superpower".

I am not sure why he felt he needed to correct the careful statements that came from "from energy experts", but it does open up the discussion of what "superpower" actually means.

If "superpower" is the ability to project that power around that world, then the fact that most of that fantastic amount of hydrocarbons are used internally to the country with the need to import some extra to met the apparently insatiable demand means that it is not a "superpower" under that definition.

Maybe it would have helped discussion if the OP had not felt that the wording of the EIA statement was not sensational enough. Also could he define "superpower" and how it relates to exports and domestic consumption.
EdwinSm
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby shortonoil » Sat 17 Jun 2017, 07:25:39

In 2016 the US had 155 bankruptcies in the oil and gas industry. With $40 oil back, in 2017 the Super Energy Power can now produce more Super Debt that can never be repaid. The oil industry is not heading for super energy production, it is heading for super bankruptcy procedures.

Would someone in admin please take out that stupid object subtitle that we did not put in. You guys are really turning into a pack of assholes. Correction, ignorant assholes.
shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet

Unread postby Cog » Sat 17 Jun 2017, 07:30:06

Perhaps you could start your own thread and name it as you wish. I like the thread title just the way it is.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby shortonoil » Sat 17 Jun 2017, 07:48:05

Perhaps you could start your own thread and name it as you wish. I like the thread title just the way it is.

With your usual incoherent rambling; what are you talking about?
shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet

PreviousNext

Return to Peak Oil Discussion