Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE UK Thread Pt. 13

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: Manchester UK 5/22/2017 Terror Attack

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sun 28 May 2017, 16:41:02

dolanbaker wrote:
Cog wrote:The Islamic threat will remain as long as Muslims read and follow the Koran.

I wouldn't go as far as that, but they are certainly a threat when they're in places that don't have Islamic law.

??????

Places with Islamic law throw gay people off rooftops and stone heterosexual lovers to death and cut off the hands of shoplifters and arrest bloggers and whip them almost to death for saying something un-Islamic in their blogs.

I'd say Islamists are definitely still a threat in places with Islamic law ... in fact I'd say they are even an ESPECIALLY GREAT threat in places with Islamic law becasuse they can enforce their harsh, totalitarian laws on millions of people..

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cog » Sun 28 May 2017, 16:52:39

onlooker wrote:Cog, none of those reasons directly relate to why would we sell Arms to KSA. We publicly acknowledge they are a patron of extremist Muslims. I think we know that Oil has a little to do with it.

We sell arms to the Saudis because they can afford to buy a lot of them. Why else did you think we were selling them? A $150 billion package is not chump change even by US standards.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Newfie » Sun 28 May 2017, 18:32:58

And it's even better if we InSite a few regional wars...makes those arms necessary if just for deferent and burns up a lot of munitions that need to be replaced. The gift that keeps on giving?

Why am I reminded of Orphan Annie?
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby onlooker » Sun 28 May 2017, 18:44:16

Oh, I see it is all okay cause we make money. Hey but if we didn't make it somebody else would right? Now, the world is awash in arms and weapons and that is a good thing right Cog. Well, then why should anyone complain terrorists get what they want and so do we.
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Cog » Sun 28 May 2017, 19:03:38

Well arguably the US make the best military equipment in the world. People want to buy it. I suppose Russia makes the best anti-aircraft missiles but other than shooting down civilian jetliners, they really haven't been tested against our latest generation of fighter technology.

Yes making money is important and its completely justified to keep our defense contractors humming with new orders instead of laying off workers or closing plants down.

As far as supplying the terrorists, its a mix of Russian, eastern European and captured American equipment if we are talking about Syria and Iraq.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Newfie » Sun 28 May 2017, 19:14:51

And Eisenhauer was an imbecile.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Cog » Sun 28 May 2017, 19:19:57

Newfie wrote:And Eisenhauer was an imbecile.

He understood the system very well but did nothing to dismantle it. He knew, like every president after him knew, that keeping the MIC going is beneficial to the bottom line of the USA. Now if you doomers are correct and the world is going to slide into violence over the last bit of resources left, you can count on boatloads of weaponry being sold to whoever has the coin to buy it. Maybe the Saudis see what is coming.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sun 28 May 2017, 19:33:05

The Manchester bomber was wearing $400 Nike sneakers and a stylish jacket when he carried out his mass murder attack. There was no shortage of money, as shown by the fact that he'd just done a quick roundtrip back to Libya.

But now it comes out he was on the dole. Its amazing how many terrorists and Islamists in the UK are on the dole.

How does someone on the dole in the UK have the money to pay $400 for posh sneakers and fly back and forth to Libya and buy explosives and components for a mass murder bomb?

Sheesh!

$400 nike sneakers on a terrorist living on the dole? How does that add up?
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby onlooker » Sun 28 May 2017, 19:41:19

Some sheik friends!
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby careinke » Tue 30 May 2017, 23:19:09

Plantagenet wrote:
dolanbaker wrote:
Cog wrote:The Islamic threat will remain as long as Muslims read and follow the Koran.

I wouldn't go as far as that, but they are certainly a threat when they're in places that don't have Islamic law.

??????

Places with Islamic law throw gay people off rooftops and stone heterosexual lovers to death and cut off the hands of shoplifters and arrest bloggers and whip them almost to death for saying something un-Islamic in their blogs.

I'd say Islamists are definitely still a threat in places with Islamic law ... in fact I'd say they are even an ESPECIALLY GREAT threat in places with Islamic law becasuse they can enforce their harsh, totalitarian laws on millions of people..

Cheers!

I have some LGBT friends who publically support Islam as a religion of peace. I just shake my head. LGBTs supporting Islam is like Jews supporting the Third Reich.

I give up, the world has gone crazy.
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Newfie » Wed 31 May 2017, 09:54:46

Careinke,

You got me thinking so I looked it up.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Associa ... ional_Jews

The Association of German National Jews (Verband nationaldeutscher Juden) was a German Jewish organization during the Weimar Republic and the early years of Nazi Germany that eventually came out in support of Hitler.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Subjectivist » Wed 31 May 2017, 10:40:24

Newfie wrote:Careinke,

You got me thinking so I looked it up.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Associa ... ional_Jews

The Association of German National Jews (Verband nationaldeutscher Juden) was a German Jewish organization during the Weimar Republic and the early years of Nazi Germany that eventually came out in support of Hitler.

The power of denial is massive, in some cases it is the battered spouse believing tomorrow will be different. In these cases it is the power of group think, believing the bad things they are told are exaggerations and the good claims they hear are true.
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

London Bridge Attack 6/03/2017

Unread postby Subjectivist » Sat 03 Jun 2017, 21:36:46

Van and knife attack leaves trail of casualties in ‘terrorist incidents’ on London Bridge and in nearby market

LONDON — A van driving at high speed mowed down pedestrians on London Bridge Saturday night before the occupants got out and began stabbing patrons at nearby bars and restaurants, witnesses said in an attack that police described as terrorism.

Police said at least one person had been killed. Witnesses described a trail of serious injuries on the bridge and in the adjacent Borough Market.

The attacks set off scenes of panic in the heart of London on a cool June evening as the city’s streets were filled with people heading home from dinner or out for a drink. In packed pubs — normally scenes of Saturday night revelry and merriment — patrons threw chairs at the attackers as the assailants used long knives to slash their way through crowds.

London’s Metropolitan Police said the attacks were being treated as “terrorist incidents.”

British Prime Minister Theresa May, who returned to 10 Downing Street for emergency meetings with security officials, had earlier described the “terrible incidents” as “a potential act of terrorism.”

The scene after a van hits pedestrians on the London Bridge
View Photos Witnesses reported that a white van was traveling fast when it mounted the sidewalk and plowed into a group of people crossing the Thames River on foot.

As of 2 a.m. Sunday, it was unclear whether the assailants remained at large, but police urged the public to remain vigilant and to avoid the area.

If confirmed as terrorism, Saturday would mark the third major attack in Britain in as many months. The evening’s carnage carried grim echoes of a similar incident in late March, when a driver swerved into pedestrians on another Thames crossing, killing four, and then stabbed to death a police officer at the gates of Parliament.

May had lowered the nation’s threat level only days ago — from “critical” to “severe” — after having raised it following a bombing last month at a Manchester pop music concert that killed 22.

But even with the lower threat level, the nation’s intelligence services had continued to judge that another attack was likely.

Witnesses reported that a white van was traveling fast — approximately 50 miles per hour — when it mounted the sidewalk and plowed into a group of people crossing the Thames River on foot around 10:30 p.m..

Witnesses speaking to the BBC said the van collided with a guardrail, and three occupants got out. They then began attacking people on the bridge with knives before making their way to Borough Market.

London’s Metropolitan Police later confirmed an attack at Borough Market, an area packed with popular restaurants that is located just south of the bridge. Police said that armed officers were responding to the scene, that there were reports of injuries from knife attacks and that shots had been fired — though it was unclear by who.

“I heard many gunshots and I heard people running away,” said Joe Dillon, 23, who was near London Bridge when the incident occurred. “Police officers were shouting: ‘Get out of here, you need to go!’ I heard at least eight rounds of gunshots, but I’m not sure who was shooting. When I arrived a second after I had heard the screams and the shots, I saw five or six officers running toward the van.”

Cell phone video from a restaurant in the market showed people diving under tables amid the sound of breaking glass as officers rushed in and ordered patrons to stay down.

Tamara Alcolea, 24, who works as a bartender in a pub called Southwark Rooms, which is near the bridge, said the first indication that something was wrong was when she heard that someone had been stabbed. in the proximity of London Bridge.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/po ... story.html
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: London Bridge Attack 6/03/2017

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sat 03 Jun 2017, 23:32:05

Witnessess say the killers were yelling "THIS IS FOR ALLAH' as they stabbed people. :(
Last edited by Plantagenet on Sat 03 Jun 2017, 23:47:11, edited 1 time in total.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cog » Sat 03 Jun 2017, 23:45:47

Have some candle-light vigils and promote love and acceptance.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby MD » Sun 04 Jun 2017, 02:23:19

Cog wrote:Have some candle-light vigils and promote love and acceptance.

That's the best way to win wars, after all.
Stop filling dumpsters, as much as you possibly can, and everything will get better.

Just think it through.
It's not hard to do.
MD
COB
COB

Unread postby dolanbaker » Sun 04 Jun 2017, 05:39:36

Time to start rounding them up and shipping them out!
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.:Anonymous
Our whole economy is based on planned obsolescence.
Hungrymoggy "I am now predicting that Europe will NUKE ITSELF sometime in the first week of January"
dolanbaker
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby dissident » Sun 04 Jun 2017, 13:04:23

GASMON wrote:
dolanbaker wrote:Time to start rounding them up and shipping them out!

Starting with the hate preachers who are well known (to the authorities). Shut down & demolish the mosques associated with them also.

We are all getting quite pissed off with "them" now. Time for action.

Again R.I.P to the deceased and wishing a speedy recovery to the injured.

Gas

Too bad your leaders have their lips firmly affixed to the rectal orifices of Wahabbi Salafis. The mayor of London is more worried about Islamophobia than about the actual Islamic terrorism under his nose. There is an attempt to have a similar paralysis regarding action against Salafi terrorists in the USA as well and the fake stream media is fighting the "good fight".

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-06-0 ... l-ban-call

Not surprising that a POS is calling others shit.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Sun 04 Jun 2017, 13:59:22

This would seem to be an example of when a competent pistol owner with a CCW permit might have improved the odds for the victims.

Not that I'd expect the gun fearing liberals to admit that, no matter what.

Note that this has NOTHING to do with the race of the attackers -- just that people should have the right to defend themselves from violence, instead of, say, calling for a pizza, since the pizza is guaranteed to arrive in 30 minutes, and the cops aren't.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sun 04 Jun 2017, 16:31:25

PM Theresa May has just given a big speech blaming the internet for the terror attack in London

theresa-may-internet-regulated-london-bridge-terror-attack-google-facebook-whatsapp

She says the internet must be regulated to deny access to "terrorist ideologies."

What terrorist ideology does she mean, I wonder? Does she mean all of Islam? Does she mean just Shia Islam or just Sunni Islam? Or perhaps she means extremist Islamist Islam?

Lets assume she means extreme Islamist Islam. If so, then how do you ban it from the Internet? Its really no different from traditional Islam except the extremists actually carry out Muhammads commands in the Koran to go forth and kill and conquer the unbelievers in the name of Allah.

Its pretty hard to remove just the killing and conquering parts of the Koran, since Muhammad himself made it central to being a Muslim. There are clearly passages in the Koran and other Islamic teachings that consist of the teachings of Muhammad himself instructing Muslims to go out and kill the infidel for Allah.

Exactly which parts of Islamic religious teachings does PM May want to ban from the internet?

Cheers!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Europe Discussion