Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

New monthly world crude oil production record Pt. 2

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

New monthly world crude oil production record Pt. 2

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Tue 18 Apr 2017, 13:26:59

pstarr wrote:Probably? No . . . really. All the new oil is either super heavy or super light and missing the all-important middle grades where diesel and gasoline come from. We are FUBAR

Given the track record of those proclaiming short term peak oil doom, economic doom, etc. be sure and get back to us when there are ACTUAL global shortages of gasoline and diesel that can credibly be claimed to be caused by a lack of "important middle grades".
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Re: It's official: New monthly world crude oil production re

Unread postby AdamB » Tue 18 Apr 2017, 14:20:54

Midnight Oil wrote:Dang, Adam, how do you define that there "OIL" you ALL talking bout?

The way most folks in the oil field do...if it can sit there in a tank near the wellhead, IT'S URL!!!!

Otherwise, it something those pipeline fellars have to worry about.

Pstarr just picks subsets of oil until he can get a peak, the gold stuff instead of the green, the one that is 0.1% heavier, whatever it takes not to face the reality that jumps out and grabs him, and his neighbors, and everyone else in the US when they go on down to the gas station (except EV owners anyway) to pay for the products manufactured from oil. They know what is going on, and are busy buying SUVs and whatnot, having the empirical evidence of peak oil showing up in their pocket books every time they do this. Same as pstarr, he can't be bothered to ditch his gas guzzling CO2 emitting transport, that would require..like...effort!

Midnight Oil wrote:Lookee here, Good Old Boy, have YALL been paying attention at all?!
Dang, apparently not for one Texas minute!
That's OK, I lived in the South and YALL are a little SLOW down yonder.
Now, if you want my New York version about the numbers, I can provide that there too.Adumn.

Hey, Pstarr is an expert, and he says peak oil happened. Based on the consequences of that, I only have one opinion nowadays on peak oil consequences, however many more might happen.

Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: It's official: New monthly world crude oil production re

Unread postby AdamB » Tue 18 Apr 2017, 14:26:44

sparky wrote:.

- Pstarr is not wrong and I agree with him , we possibly , probably have passed the "conventional" crude oil peak
unfortunately , we will not be sure until a decade from now

Pstarr can't even tell you the difference in carbon and hydrogen atom differences between "conventional" oil and that other kind. And no, we don't have to wait another decade, we can look at oil production right now, and decide how significant that peak oil a decade ago was.

Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: New monthly world crude oil production record Pt. 2

Unread postby EdwinSm » Thu 20 Apr 2017, 02:16:41

I am in shock 8O Adam posted a chart showing a recent Peak in Oil Production (October/November 2016).

Maybe he is running out of predictions to complain about and is setting up some of his own. :roll:
EdwinSm
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Thu 20 Apr 2017, 08:11:34

"I am in shock 8O Adam posted a chart showing a recent Peak in Oil Production". Not sure why you would be shocked. Adam and many others have posted charts showing such short term peaks in oil production. That one chart alone shows a half dozen peaks. There will be hundreds of such peaks between now and when global oil production reaches that last max peak. But even after we past that all time max rate there will be continued peaks as we go down that slope.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Midnight Oil » Thu 20 Apr 2017, 09:08:40

Don't be SHOCKED, the Industry Shrills that have entrenched themselves onto this site will spin and twist till the cow come home, as ROCKMAN has politely pointed out.
Midnight Oil
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Cog » Thu 20 Apr 2017, 09:56:39

Midnight Oil wrote:Don't be SHOCKED, the Industry Shrills that have entrenched themselves onto this site will spin and twist till the cow come home, as ROCKMAN has politely pointed out.

Good news is always bad news to a peak oil doomer. Go crow about that.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Cog » Thu 20 Apr 2017, 10:55:23

If you have the cash you can buy all the oil you want for around $50-54/bbl. I fail to see the problem. Hell I might buy some crude myself.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Tanada » Thu 20 Apr 2017, 11:11:37

Cog wrote:If you have the cash you can buy all the oil you want for around $50-54/bbl. I fail to see the problem. Hell I might buy some crude myself.

I have thought for some time now that if I were a big Diesel fuel consumer with a fixed location it would be worthwhile to buy actual crude oil and adjust the motors to burn it in the diesel cycle. There are several big diesel manufacturers that offer this as an option. It is especially beneficial for say an oil tanker traveling from the Persian Gulf to for example Japan. They can fill every tank onboard with crude oil including the bunker fuel tanks, then when they get to Japan they can pump out anything left in the fuel tanks as well as the cargo before buying back just enough heavy bunker fuel to make the trip back to the Persian Gulf.

Now if you were say, a local trucking delivery company, or a short line railroad, why not do the same thing? You always fill your equipment up from your own tank system, and compared to regular road diesel crude oil is about half the price. For the short haul trucking you might need extra modifications to meet emission standards, but in general if you are outside the city limits the rules are pretty lax and poorly enforced.
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Midnight Oil » Thu 20 Apr 2017, 12:50:55

What Cog forgot to add is if you can PRINT the cash to buy the Oil, life is good!
The Devil is on the details, which the Industry Shrills naturally ignore.
Midnight Oil
Peat
Peat

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 20 Apr 2017, 13:08:33

EdwinSm wrote:I am in shock 8O Adam posted a chart showing a recent Peak in Oil Production (October/November 2016).

Another one. If you want to use monthly numbers, that chart alone must show...like...17 peaks I can count?

Have you seen any estimates on how many more we might face over the coming century? Another 50? 75?

EdwinSm wrote:Maybe he is running out of predictions to complain about and is setting up some of his own. :roll:

Maybe peak oilers can't count? The global one from 1979 or so is still my favorite, having been in my formative years.

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 20 Apr 2017, 13:12:42

ROCKMAN wrote: There will be hundreds of such peaks between now and when global oil production reaches that last max peak.

There we go! I been telling people this for MONTHS now, the sine wave form of oil rate prediction. And yes, hundreds! Of even more importance, perhaps we should talk about the frequency of the cycles now? From 1979 to the next peak was more than a decade, the ones on the graph I used are sometimes month to month. So maybe we have multiple sine wave functions going on at the same time, sort of like atmospheric CO2 on Mauna Loa, the seasonal cycle, and the overall trend.

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 20 Apr 2017, 13:17:12

Cog wrote:
Midnight Oil wrote:Don't be SHOCKED, the Industry Shrills that have entrenched themselves onto this site will spin and twist till the cow come home, as ROCKMAN has politely pointed out.

Good news is always bad news to a peak oil doomer. Go crow about that.

Well stated.

When one only wants to see doom, one will only see doom.

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 20 Apr 2017, 13:19:31

pstarr wrote:The shortages do however reallocate oil away from fragile economies and weak nations. Especially hurt are those places without any oil reserves of their own, like Spain, Italy and Greece . . . all near basket cases on the world stage now.

Not a shortage in sight, in any country. May I recommend this reality?

And Japan makes your list as having no oil reserves, and keeps cranking out those Toyota's anyway!

And the place with the most oil reserves in the world, Venezuela, is also a basket case.

Not only doesn't your "don't have reserves" angle hold water, it might be as invisible as that 2005 peak oil I posted a chart on previously that can't be found in this reality either.

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 20 Apr 2017, 13:21:34

Midnight Oil wrote:What Cog forgot to add is if you can PRINT the cash to buy the Oil, life is good!

The devil is also in the reality. That chart I posted up thread? That isn't oil that was PRINTED, but produced. Peak oil isn't about peak printed money.

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Cog » Thu 20 Apr 2017, 13:24:57

pstarr wrote:
Midnight Oil wrote:What Cog forgot to add is if you can PRINT the cash to buy the Oil, life is good!

Not when another government shut down is looming lol :shock:

Maybe the news to Commiefornia is slow but there will be no government shut-down. Already dealt with. No need to thank me I'm here all day.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Cog » Thu 20 Apr 2017, 13:27:36

AdamB wrote:

The devil is also in the reality. That chart I posted up thread? That isn't oil that was PRINTED, but produced. Peak oil isn't about peak printed money.

Do you ever wonder if the English language is perhaps their second language? Because its either that or they have some sort of reading disability.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 20 Apr 2017, 13:31:59

Cog wrote:
AdamB wrote:

Do you ever wonder if the English language is perhaps their second language? Because its either that or they have some sort of reading disability.

They only see what they want to see. It isn't even that anything else matters, or is factual, or based in science, or whatever. They want collapse, or doom, or something ELSE (not even sure it matters what) and the rationalization is the only other piece they then install. Then they lock it down and boom...done.

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 20 Apr 2017, 13:40:04

pstarr wrote:Adam, 6 posts in 8 minutes? Re-register under another fake name again so we can read your posts

Pete, you said I was on ignore, so, who taught you to lie?

Was it your parents, between rounds of morning and afternoon episodes of clear cutting forests, or was it something you were taught during your years of advanced collegiate studies at the Stoner Instructional Complex (picture provided on request to prove it does indeed exist)?

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Cog » Thu 20 Apr 2017, 13:41:25

I learned here a long time ago a salient fact. Never get in the way of a doomer and his doom with your facts. He won't appreciate the education.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Next

Return to Peak Oil Discussion