Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Hello from Australia

Say hello, learn how to register, read the rules, get staff announcements.

Hello from Australia

Unread postby Zetharia » Mon 06 Jan 2014, 07:56:03

Hello all! Well really it should be hello again. I was a member of PO.com around almost 6 years ago now so I remember some of the names I see posting on these forums, it's amazing to see you all still here! Back then I was rather hot headed and impulsive being quite young, now I hope I'm a little wiser and more patient. Sadly I spent a lot of time sucked into the world of mmo gaming and didn't think I'd ever get out. They don't call World of Warcraft the crack cocaine of online gaming for nothing it seems. I am happy to be back and am looking forward to start prepping for peak oil again. Since my last time here I have moved to Australia on the coast. I don't have a big garden but maybe I can learn to fish and buy a small boat and net, though how far that would go I'm not so sure. But anyways it's nice to be back :)
Zetharia
Wood
Wood

Re: Hello from Australia

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Mon 06 Jan 2014, 08:53:42

Hi Zetharia :-D I'm on the east coast halfway from Brissie to Sydly. I move a lot though, have lived everywhere in O there are people it feels like sometimes anyway. There are a few of us here regulars living in Oz, more out far west than east. Welcome back! (I haven't played video games since the 1970's tv game tennis lolz. :lol:
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby sparky » Mon 06 Jan 2014, 11:36:34

Hi Zetharia , I'm from Sydney Eastern suburbs ,
from my place I could hear the roar when we got the Ashes !!!!
sparky
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby lasseter » Sat 11 Jan 2014, 03:46:31

Hi Guys, I'm up on the outskirts of briso with a 3 year plan to move out 100km onto a property I am beginning to setup. It's good to see a few locals here, there are very few sites that cater to what we believe in and I am glad to have found this one. Frank
Friends, good long lasting friends, these are worth more than gold
lasseter
Peat
Peat

Unread postby lisonperry » Mon 03 Apr 2017, 05:04:45

lasseter wrote:Hi Guys, I'm up on the outskirts of briso with a 3 year plan to move out 100km onto a property I am beginning to setup. It's good to see a few locals here, there are very few sites that cater to what we believe in and I am glad to have found this one. Frank

Hello I am also new in this forum Happy to join us
lisonperry
Wood
Wood

Unread postby Subjectivist » Tue 04 Apr 2017, 11:40:53

lisonperry wrote:Hello I am also new in this forum Happy to join us

Howdy, where are you from and how do energy prices affect your life?
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Tue 04 Apr 2017, 13:27:26

Sub - I assume he meant Bristol. I wonder how things are going with the Bristol Energy Cooperative:

http://www.bristolenergy.coop

"Our third fund-raise aims to finance an ambitious portfolio of solar projects to Bristol and Somerset. Together we've raised over £10m. Our share offer is now closed. Thanks to all our investors and supporters!"

So lisonperry: anything like that going on in your neighborhood?
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Tue 04 Apr 2017, 17:56:40

Hey Ainan- of course I remember you & it was just shy of 6 years ago- my youngest was about to migrate to Australia at 3 months old & her birthday is in 2 weeks- turning 6. Will PM you, same to Lasseter, I lost your number with a drowned phone & you went quiet here- thought you had moved on.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Wed 05 Apr 2017, 06:31:21

BlinkBlink wrote:I'm just north of Melbourne on 11 acres. So there is at least one Mexican here.

I've been one the last 2 years again, my family has been in Vic since 1828. I'm writing from the midst of a 100 acre paddock surrounded by old dry stone walls, 20 km SW of the CBD- my 'town camp'. I drive trucks out of Laverton North every weekday, pretty much everywhere in Melbourne + every 2 weeks I drive up over the border & back, usually through Echuca/ Moama. I guess you are up Broadford way- where the scalies are (oz slang for truck safety crocodiles).
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Wed 05 Apr 2017, 06:58:02

Northerners call southerners Mexicans here. It's a load of bullshit though because everyone up there except the northern Aborigines migrated from the south of Australia.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby sparky » Wed 05 Apr 2017, 07:27:23

Parochialism is pretty strong in Oz ,
The lack of any big problems make us fall back on basics ,
...hate your brother
sparky
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Return to Welcome