Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Political Extremism in the US

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: Political Extremism in the US

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sun 05 Mar 2017, 01:18:55

Now it comes out that the Obama administration pushed hard to get wire taps on the Trump campaign. The first time the FISA court turned down the BO people----which never happens because court approved 99% of all surveillance requests. This means the court felt the Obama administration request was unbelievably flimsy. So the BO people went to court a second time in 2015 pushing to wiretap and the second time the court approved it.

So the Obama admin was wiretapping the Rs all through the 2016 campaign.

WOW 8O

Even Nixon never pulled that off. My hat is off to Obama---he's outdone Nixon at campaign sleaze 8)
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Sun 05 Mar 2017, 02:18:27

Monkey - That generalization doesn't work to well in the US when you look north vs south: a New York R politician probably couldn't get elected by D voters is Texas: way to liberal even for their taste. LOL. As we say: Texas is just a tad right of Genghis Chan: even our liberal D's have cancelled handgun licenses. LOL.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Newfie » Sun 05 Mar 2017, 12:41:09

Plant,
Any links?
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Sun 05 Mar 2017, 13:46:14

Plantagenet wrote:Now it comes out that the Obama administration pushed hard to get wire taps on the Trump campaign. The first time the FISA court turned down the BO people----which never happens because court approved 99% of all surveillance requests. This means the court felt the Obama administration request was unbelievably flimsy. So the BO people went to court a second time in 2015 pushing to wiretap and the second time the court approved it.

So the Obama admin was wiretapping the Rs all through the 2016 campaign.

WOW 8O

Even Nixon never pulled that off. My hat is off to Obama---he's outdone Nixon at campaign sleaze 8)

Plant, do you mean this NONSENSE?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/04/politics/ ... tap-tweet/

President Donald Trump made a stunning claim Saturday, alleging without offering evidence that his predecessor, Barack Obama, wiretapped his phones at Trump Tower ahead of the 2016 election.

Which I read, his "source" is Breitbart "news".

When I did a Google search, the MSM is basically like the above quote.

If you're going to make claims like this without CREDIBLE links as "the truth", don't expect to be seen as credible in your endless political posts.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Cog » Sun 05 Mar 2017, 13:49:02

If there was no wire-tapping who is the source of the classified intercepts that are being leaked to the New York Times and Washington Post?
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Tanada » Sun 05 Mar 2017, 14:06:05

Outcast_Searcher wrote:Plant, do you mean this NONSENSE?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/04/politics/ ... tap-tweet/

President Donald Trump made a stunning claim Saturday, alleging without offering evidence that his predecessor, Barack Obama, wiretapped his phones at Trump Tower ahead of the 2016 election.

Which I read, his "source" is Breitbart "news".

When I did a Google search, the MSM is basically like the above quote.

If you're going to make claims like this without CREDIBLE links as "the truth", don't expect to be seen as credible in your endless political posts.

How do you personally define 'credible'? Do you mean legacy media sources that all come from the same bias and report with the same slant? Or do you have some other way of making the determination?
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Sun 05 Mar 2017, 14:07:12

Cog wrote:If there was no wire-tapping who is the source of the classified intercepts that are being leaked to the New York Times and Washington Post?

If there is a leak and it's proven, why are there NO credible links (that' I've seen), showing it, especially in the MSM? If it were credible news, it would be a REALLY big story. But the MSM usually does some fact checking.

Leaks and suspicions aren't evidence. With things like Wikileaks out there, assuming any leak comes from Obama is pretty silly, isn't it? (And again, I'm no Obama fan (aside from the higher CAFE standards) -- but I don't believe in just making stuff up (which is my biggest problem with Trump, generally).
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Sun 05 Mar 2017, 14:13:20

pstarr wrote:
Newfie wrote:
Shaved Monkey wrote:Political Extremism
The "radical left"... lol
Both US political parties are to the right of Australias right wing political party.

Excuse me! Where is the associated text :x COC expressly forbids posting non-partisan links, images or emoticons without specific angry political reference. You have been warned. The next violation will result in denial of your party membership. After than termination of citizenship.

pstarr, you get 19 style points for effective use of sarcasm.

I'm also pretty sure that if we were "feeling the BERN" about now that we'd be having a different view of what the "radical left" can bring about.

It would be the ultimate irony if electing someone like Bernie were the answer from those who end up extremely dissatisfied with the cumulative effects of a Trump administration.

(And before anyone says "that can't happen", ponder our current POTUS for a bit.)
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Sun 05 Mar 2017, 14:28:59

pstarr wrote:Tnx Outcaste, you do remember wikileaks and Bernie.

Of course Trump was wire tapped. It is no big deal. We are wire tapped. It's a national security state and Trump spent a time and money in Russia. And Russia stole NATO's oil. We must have it back.

Well, that's a good point. Per the NSA, apparently pretty much EVERYONE has been wiretapped. They just can't easily track the burner phones.

So the real question then is whether the Obama administration really gathered and used the specific information from the Trump campaign stored by the taps.

I still say that without meaningful documented evidence, that can't be credibly claimed.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Sun 05 Mar 2017, 14:59:01

pstarr wrote:The wire tap was against Trump, not his campaign.

Anyway Trump had no campaign. Trump had a series of free media-sponsored infomercial for Himself.

Yes, and he won the election, and trampled the hopes and dreams of Fascist Democrats everywhere into the dust.
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Cog » Sun 05 Mar 2017, 15:08:05

Here is your peaceful left assaulting Trump supporters in Berkeley. But this time, the right is fighting back. Enjoy. I think I might have to go to the next one in my area and see if I can get some licks in on an Antifa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0QngkYj4Rg
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby jedrider » Fri 11 Jun 2021, 12:43:40

Political Extremism meet Mental Instability

of even those well-educated and socially integrated:

Colorado geophysicist becomes a Capitol rioter
https://www.rawstory.com/jeffrey-sabol-rioter/

because of Obama? Racism seems to have deep roots in our psych that we may even be unaware of.
jedrider
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Fri 11 Jun 2021, 13:09:55

Wackos come in all stripes.

https://bariweiss.substack.com/p/the-ps ... -the-white

Now think about this a minute.

Humans evolved as a severely disadvantaged species that survived because we were omnivores, predators, clever, propagated all year round, and exterminated our related species, even though we were sufficiently closely related to breed and have off spring. That is our history, that is the crucible that spit us out.

Where did all that genetic programming go?

Nowhere, is still here, part if us. We are still the same critter that fought our way to be the apex critter. So where does that preprogrammed energy and hostility go? That energy and hostility that exterminated the neanderthals because they were a bit different from us still exists within us. It is looking for an outlet, for an excuse to kill.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby jedrider » Fri 11 Jun 2021, 13:59:56

Nothing some time in the slammer can't fix, though, except for the most indoctrinated or sincere in their beliefs.

I think this guy realized how his mind had misled him.
jedrider
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Fri 11 Jun 2021, 14:52:15

I read the article. Sounds like the guy guy is having some mental health issues.

Nothing some time in the slammer can't fix

But you do strengthen my point that there is no difference between the extremes on both sides.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby jedrider » Fri 11 Jun 2021, 15:25:31

Ah, so quickly we descent into false equivalency!

My point was that this mental disfunction is quite common.

I don't think this guy was about to blow away a capitol officer.

However, he did lead himself into a violent situation, but I'm quite sure that 'attempted murder' will not the accusation.

Again, that false equivalency is another shield against admitting one's denial, possibility a closely related psychological manifestation of political extremism.

I've told the story on how I became a Republican for about a month! Well, not really a Republican, but I joined with a clear majority of Republicans getting riled up on some local issue. I finally got treatment and that is clearly in the past now. I remember being in the City Counsel meeting and hearing all these preposterous testimonies, but not being able to tell myself that I was falling for it, sort of one side of the mind not getting something across to the other side. Well, we should be vigilant against harboring false beliefs that are ultimately detrimental.
jedrider
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby JuanP » Fri 11 Jun 2021, 15:29:52

Newfie wrote:Wackos come in all stripes.

https://bariweiss.substack.com/p/the-ps ... -the-white

Now think about this a minute.

Every race has mentally ill people. The person who gave that speech is obviously mentally ill, whatever their race. Blaming other people for everything is a defense mechanism, IMO. This whole woke, BLM, cancel culture shit is completely out of control and self-destructive, IMO. I believe that being patient and understanding and giving this people the time and space they need to fail is the best approach for me. I am against ALL forms of discrimination, so I cannot sympathize with their actions, though I share their goals. The Millennials will fail and get old, just like every generation before them. I think some of them mean well, even if they are going about it in a really bad way.
"Human stupidity has no limits" JuanP
JuanP
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

PreviousNext

Return to North America Discussion