Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

PeakOil Bug Report

Having trouble? Is the forum having trouble?

Moderator: admin

PeakOil Bug Report

Unread postby vox_mundi » Mon 22 Aug 2016, 14:26:32

Maybe your working on this already but the site seems to be extra buggy today

For the last month I've been getting ERROR 520, 521, 522, 523, and 524 regularly. The problem always points to peakoil.com not the Cloud. It crashes about 60% of the time when using FireFox, 20% of the time when using Chrome, and 30% of the time when using Kindle Silk OS.

Today I got a Error 404 - site not found and Error 403 - forbidden for http://peakoil.com/cgi-bin/

Currently, opening in a separate tab gives me this before going to the selected page ...

Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /home3/j5f1d5a9/public_html/forums/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1804
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4704: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)

I don't have any suggestions, just observations

Good Luck
“There are three classes of people: those who see. Those who see when they are shown. Those who do not see.” ― Leonardo da Vinci

Insensible before the wave so soon released by callous fate. Affected most, they understand the least, and understanding, when it comes, invariably arrives too late.
vox_mundi
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Re: PeakOil Bug Report

Unread postby vox_mundi » Mon 22 Aug 2016, 14:53:01

Got this when opening newposts.html

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) [2002]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists

then it went away
“There are three classes of people: those who see. Those who see when they are shown. Those who do not see.” ― Leonardo da Vinci

Insensible before the wave so soon released by callous fate. Affected most, they understand the least, and understanding, when it comes, invariably arrives too late.
vox_mundi
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby admin » Mon 22 Aug 2016, 15:37:47

Thanks.. I'm on it. It should be better now..
admin
l33t
l33t

Unread postby vox_mundi » Mon 22 Aug 2016, 15:45:32

Now it erases my logon every time I change page view :cry:

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

User j5f1d5a9_peakoil already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections [1203]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

vox_mundi
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby admin » Mon 22 Aug 2016, 15:47:49

I know. still working on it.
If this is still failing by tomorrow, I might have to roll-back these "upgrades"
admin
l33t
l33t

Unread postby SumYunGai » Mon 22 Aug 2016, 16:45:51

The system logs me out every time I try to see new posts.
SumYunGai
Permanently Banned

Unread postby rockdoc123 » Mon 22 Aug 2016, 17:30:39

I am having the same problem. Everytime I try to go to member view it logs me out
rockdoc123
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Ibon » Mon 22 Aug 2016, 22:27:11

I am having the same problem!
Patiently awaiting the pathogens. Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Ibon » Mon 22 Aug 2016, 22:27:11

I am having the same problem!
Patiently awaiting the pathogens. Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby evilgenius » Mon 22 Aug 2016, 23:52:31

Yeah, me too. If I try to go into the member's section it tells me I have to log in. I'm already logged in, but it won't let me go to that section. It could be that the permission listed for me in the session is not what the controller is expecting and is instead handing me the view to log in. If I do log back in it seems to take it, but still rejects me getting into the member's section. Instead, I see the same view that asks me to log in in order to participate.

I can log in properly. The problem appears to be with getting into the member's section. If I am in the member's section, trying to log in, I don't see anything on the left hand side of the screen. Here, in the guest's section, I do see my log in details on the left, along with the menus. I'd check to see if the update changed something with the permissions granted upon logging in.
evilgenius
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby evilgenius » Tue 23 Aug 2016, 00:02:39

Then, after posting here, I see the log in prompt on the left. When I click to post reply, which I can see at the bottom of the posting section on the page, again I see that I am logged in. There is a session cookie for me. It appears to have a permission level listed. That permission is not adequate for me to enter certain pages, or to see certain partial views in various places. It looks like in lieu of seeing those I get whatever the default not logged in view is. It's almost like your update changed something about either what method is handling page permissions or changed the array of permissions listed on those pages not to include whatever you've called my level of access. It's possible it's changed what the session cookie has for my level, but then why can I post here?
evilgenius
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby evilgenius » Tue 23 Aug 2016, 00:06:28

When I can post I can see where I can also log out. When I have posted, and it is asking me to log in, I can't see the log out partial view at top.
evilgenius
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby dbruning » Tue 23 Aug 2016, 00:08:31

it's like the login process goes threw, but the cookie for the login fails to set. So the moment you go to a new page, boom: not logged in.
dbruning
Coal
Coal

Unread postby vox_mundi » Tue 23 Aug 2016, 10:27:52

Login problems continue

Forum Posts Member View is totally inaccessible (loops back to Login page)

... might be time to roll-back those "upgrades"

Fatal error: SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

User j5f1d5a9_peakoil already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections [1203]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists. in /home3/j5f1d5a9/public_html/forums/includes/db/dbal.php on line 707

vox_mundi
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby onlooker » Tue 23 Aug 2016, 10:36:01

Yes, I am continuing to have problems related to being logged out. Maybe someone familiar with source code programming can contact administrators with suggestions.
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby rockdoc123 » Tue 23 Aug 2016, 10:48:23

A good lesson in how "new technology" or "upgrades" can sometimes work against your main goal. In this case if the problem isn't eliminated pretty quickly all members will just stop trying and find something else to do with their time. Death of a long time forum thanks to the lure of fancy upgrades!
Best laid plans of mice and men gang aft aglay.
rockdoc123
Expert
Expert

Unread postby onlooker » Tue 23 Aug 2016, 11:03:55

rockdoc123 wrote:A good lesson in how "new technology" or "upgrades" can sometimes work against your main goal. In this case if the problem isn't eliminated pretty quickly all members will just stop trying and find something else to do with their time. Death of a long time forum thanks to the lure of fancy upgrades!
Best laid plans of mice and men gang aft aglay.

:lol: :lol:
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby onlooker » Tue 23 Aug 2016, 11:09:12

Once again got this:
Fatal error: SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby admin » Tue 23 Aug 2016, 11:26:38

I know. I'm truly sorry. Our server was about to die, and the new one can't handle mySQL.
I'm not about to fix the buggy code that runs the site.

So expect another "Server Upgrade" downtime this week.
admin
l33t
l33t

Unread postby vox_mundi » Tue 23 Aug 2016, 11:38:00

Good Luck

I know it's a thankless job but your work is appreciated.

vox_mundi
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Next

Return to Technical Support