Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE Democrat Thread Pt. 2

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Current US Political Manipulation by the MSM

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Wed 15 Apr 2015, 12:10:55

I debated putting this message in the thread " What effects of political change in US? " before I created a new thread. Although it was tempting, I decided this topic deserves a thread of it's own. Not in the least because IMHO there is not going to be a major change in US politics. In fact, there never is and probably never will be a major change, in politics by the American Oligarchs and for the American Oligarchs.

Of course, many of you are already jaded political junkies. Many of you are also amused observers of the manipulation of the American public by the media. This thread will not be news for you. Now I begin.

This man is DOOMED:

Actor Kieth Carradine as POTUS Conrad Dalton in Madame Secretary

NO, I'm not talking about actor Kieth Carradine, younger half-brother of David Carradine (Kung Fu) who happens to be one of my favorite character actors - I'll never forget his portrayal of Wild Bill Hickok in Deadwood. I'm talking about Conrad Dalton, the President of the United States, in the second season of the popular TV series Madame Secretary. At the end of this season, he will die, but not until AFTER he appoints his wildly successful Secretary of State, who happens to be a slim and attractive blonde woman, as his VP:

Actress Tea Leoni as the newly appointed Secretary of State in Madame Secretary

The "hidden message" is as subtle as being slapped briskly with a 2X4: It's GREAT having a woman POTUS!". (Even though Hillary NEVER looked as good as Tea Leoni.)

I know this because it has already happened once before. Before Barack Obama popped up and wrested the Democratic candidacy from Hillary last time, this woman was POTUS because of the same sorts of political shenanigans:

Geena Davis as POTUS MacKensie Allen in Commander in Chief

Geena Davis and Tea Leoni are both popular stars, not "drop dead gorgeous" in the Hollywood tradition, but very attractive, very personable, slightly over the prime age for Hollywood, and both actresses just NAILED the part of a smart, sexy, and above all competent woman. And just in case you missed the parallel the first time, she will be Secretary of State before she becomes a VP and then the POTUS. As Secretary of State, she will be wildly successful, which is something Hillary was not. This time, Hillary will not be asked to step aside so that a Black Man can go first.

If you have not been watching Madame Secretary, you should be. The weekly topics bear an incredibly close resemblance to current events in the Middle East and Russia in particular. The major difference being that the USA "wins" every time, and everybody feels good, and the Administration has yet to be investigated by Congress.

If you are reading this, and you are an American with a TV, you probably have smiled at this already. But if you are functionally illiterate, don't read a newspaper or blogs or even have an interest in the news, you are about to receive instructions on how to vote. Bill and Hill are going to Washington for a third term in the Big White House.

The whole thing kinda reminds me of another time when a Republican was POTUS, and a weekly television show called The West Wing was gently chiding us about electing a Republican, and showing us how we really would have been happier and richer and more popular had we elected a Democrat:

Martin Sheen as POTUS "Jed" Bartlet in The West Wing

...or that movie that came before the TV show:

Michael Douglas as POTUS Andrew Shepard in The American President

The saddest comment of all: We deserve the politicians we elect.
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Re: Current US Political Manipulation by the MSM

Unread postby Keith_McClary » Wed 15 Apr 2015, 12:55:03

KaiserJeep wrote:The major difference being that the USA "wins" every time, and everybody feels good, and the Administration has yet to be investigated by Congress.
And they are always the Good Guys, never any of that Victoria Nuland stuff.
Facebook knows you're a dog.
Keith_McClary
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Wed 15 Apr 2015, 13:05:36

This should probably be under Americas Discussion. As for a Republican President, You had to steal the elections to get Dubya in and keep him in.

The Republicans may have been able to gerrymander the Congressional districts, but I don't expect to see another Republican president any time soon, unless you steal another election.

But then again, either way, they are mid-level managers for the powers behind the throne, so to speak.

The Obama Administration has been a great disappointment for progressives. So much so that my man Bernie Sanders may run as a Democrat in the Primaries. I've already promised him funding should he declare, and requested he run as a Democrat so as not to split the vote.
"For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and provide for it." - Patrick Henry

The level of injustice and wrong you endure is directly determined by how much you quietly submit to. Even to the point of extinction.
Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 15 Apr 2015, 13:09:01

KaiserJeep wrote: you are about to receive instructions on how to vote. Bill and Hill are going to Washington for a third term in the Big White House.

Yup. Hollywood is in the bag for Hillary. So are most of the MSM. Have you seen the raptuous news media coverage of Hillary eating a burrito bowl or having a cup of coffee? The media is treating her Iowa campaign trip like the second coming of Obama.

The media support for Hillary is bit more overt then its been in the past, but Hollywood and the MSM have been mostly backing Ds for decades now.

Hillary would probably win even without media backing, just because most people know the name Hillary Clinton.
As Osama bin Laden once said, when people see a strong horse and a weak horse, they tend to like the strong horse.

Hillary is the strong horse right now.

Hillary the strong horse
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Wed 15 Apr 2015, 13:45:20

Cid_Yama wrote:This should probably be under Americas Discussion. As for a Republican President, You had to steal the elections to get Dubya in and keep him in.

The Republicans may have been able to gerrymander the Congressional districts, but I don't expect to see another Republican president any time soon, unless you steal another election.

But then again, either way, they are mid-level managers for the powers behind the throne, so to speak.

The Obama Administration has been a great disappointment for progressives. So much so that my man Bernie Sanders may run as a Democrat in the Primaries. I've already promised him funding should he declare, and requested he run as a Democrat so as not to split the vote.

I dislike having to give Civics lessons, but YOU never learned why we have two houses of Congress, or why the Electoral College exists. It was designed that way, and written into the Constitution, because the smaller of the 13 original colonies did not want the larger colonies (which at the time pretty much meant Virginia) to dominate either the legislative process or the executive branch.

Having somebody win the popular vote total but lose the election has happened several times, and it is definitely not cheating, it is the way our government works, and by design.

KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 15 Apr 2015, 14:02:01

Cid_Yama wrote:my man Bernie Sanders may run as a Democrat in the Primaries. I've already promised him funding should he declare, and requested he run as a Democrat so as not to split the vote.

Hahahahahahahah!

You don't have to worry about "your man" Bernie Sanders splitting the vote. Even the Ds don't support Bernie Sanders---in the most recent poll he got just 12% of Ds. And does Bernie Sanders have even a single corporate mogul ---other then Ben and Jerry---- or Wall Street bank backing him? NO---they are all backing Hillary.

Face facts---the same wealthy Ds from Google and the Wall Street banks and many CEOs and the wealthy folks in Hollywood and the MSM and the vast majority of Ds that backed obama in 2008 are now going with Hillary in 2016. Hillary is the strong horse and Bernie Sanders and Elisabeth Warren and the rest of the liberal Ds are too frightened of the powerful and wealthy Clinton Machine to even run against her.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

DNC wikileaks

Unread postby Cog » Sat 23 Jul 2016, 22:27:11

Here is the link https://wikileaks.org/dnc-emails/

There is a gold mine in there of the inner workings of the DNC. An active collusion of the DNC to favor Hillary and damage Sanders. Emails showing how information is leaked to cooperating media members to get the right spin on it.

For those less principled, there are jpeg copies of credit cards and checks written to the DNC by rich donors.

Quite interesting reading. Enjoy your exploration.

An example:

Subject: Re: CNN tomorrow morning

They structured their whole show on that we’ll make news in the 6am hour. We told them a time. They took care of us. Now they’re all asleep. Are we really going to screw them over on our mistake??? Plus Luis, Mark On May 17, 2016, at 6:54 PM, Banfill, Ryan <BanfillR@dnc.org<mailto:BanfillR@dnc.org>> wrote: Pablo, What's the status of tomorrow's CNN AM hit? Can we move it closer to the 820 POTUS hit? If not we may have to pull the plug. Let us know ASAP. Thanks, Ryan

Another example using a plant to go after Cruz:

This is from the Indianapolis Rally on the 23rd From: Sorbie, Sean Sent: Monday, April 25, 2016 4:27 PM To: Comm_D Subject: Video Request/Flag: Tense exchange between Cruz and Gay Christian in Lebanon, IN I'm not able to download this quickly right now or else I'd put it on vantage myself. This guy was our volunteer and he will try again with this tonight. https://drive.google.com/a/dnc.org/file ... VwNXc/view exchange starts at 16:19 Here is how Jack described it. It's a pretty good bit.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Re: DNC wikileaks

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Sat 23 Jul 2016, 22:37:56

Gotta wonder if it was a Bernie supporter with wiki behind it or a Trump supporter? Either way a good day for Trump when combined with Clinton's VP pick. I can just imagine that the Donald couldn't be happier with her choice. Well, yeah, one happier choice...Bill. LOL.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Sixstrings » Sun 24 Jul 2016, 02:08:51

ROCKMAN wrote:Gotta wonder if it was a Bernie supporter with wiki behind it or a Trump supporter?

Actually, weren't there news reports that the Russian government hacked the DNC and stole files? Maybe Russian intel gave it to wikileaks. Trump and Putin are "stablemates," right? His election is in their interest, right?

I'm just sayin'.

Either way a good day for Trump when combined with Clinton's VP pick. I can just imagine that the Donald couldn't be happier with her choice.

How is Trump a good vote for anyone that leans liberal, on policy issues?

Just to be clear -- YES, the rich plutocrats in this country are too greedy. But I'm sorry, I haven't seen any specifics that show Trump is a reformer.

Actually, lately, Clinton consistently talks about higher taxes on the rich, whereas Trump just sort of hinted about it one time, but yet his actual plan is huge tax cuts for the rich.

Secondly, I'm hearing Clinton talk consistently about raising the minimum wage. Whereas Trump sort of hinted, only one time, then didn't mention it again.

Bank reform -- Trump said he's for repealing Dodd Frank. How is that "taking on the elites?"

WHO, exactly, are the "elites," according to Trump?

The GDP in this country is $17 trillion annually. Globalism is clearly working, it's just not getting shared. It's NOT the case that all the money is going to "the Mexicans".. rather, it's going to the top 1% of Americans.

Why does Trump just blame everything on "the Mexicans," and never the top 1% super rich?

EDIT: I'm just bouncing off your post, not yellin' at ya Rock :-D
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Cog » Sun 24 Jul 2016, 05:02:14

Please take your random thoughts elsewhere Sixstrings. This thread is concerning WikiLeaks and the content thereof. You have your own thread for your written diarrhea.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Cog » Sun 24 Jul 2016, 05:05:59

The disaster of the WikiLeaks is just starting to unfold. Just in time for the DNC convention.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/22/politics/ ... ks-emails/

(CNN) — The head of the Democratic National Committee will not speak at the party's convention next week, a decision reached by party officials Saturday after emails surfaced that raised questions about the committee's impartiality during the Democratic primary.

Debbie Wasserman Schultz, whose stewardship of the DNC has been under fire through most of the presidential primary process, will not have a major speaking role in an effort "to keep the peace" in the party, a Democrat familiar with the decision said. The revelation comes following the release of nearly 20,000 emails

One email appears to show DNC staffers asking how they can reference Bernie Sanders' faith to weaken him in the eyes of Southern voters. Another seems to depict an attorney advising the committee on how to defend Hillary Clinton against an accusation by the Sanders campaign of not living up to a joint fundraising agreement.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Cog » Sun 24 Jul 2016, 05:09:17

The following is somewhat rampant in the WikiLeaks emails. The DNC is doing everything possible to target Bernie Sanders even though they are supposed to be impartial in the primary process. Sanders brought this up several times during the primary but was ignored by the press who favors Clinton.

On May 5, a DNC employee asked colleagues to "get someone to ask his belief" in God and suggested that it could make a difference in Kentucky and West Virginia. Sanders' name is not mentioned in the note.

"This could make several points difference with my peeps. My Southern Baptist peeps would draw a big difference between a Jew and an atheist," DNC chief financial officer Brad Marshall wrote.

Marshall did not respond to a request for comment. But Baltimore mayor and DNC Secretary Stephanie Rawlings-Blake denied any suggestion that Clinton's camp was treated more favorably by the committee.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Sixstrings » Sun 24 Jul 2016, 05:35:52

Cog -- I think the issue of maybe HOW wikileaks got those emails, and whether there is foreign intelligence involvement trying to influence this election, is more concerning than anything in the DNC emails:

Three independent groups verified that the hack of the information from the Democratic National Committee was committed by groups using techniques and identities with close links to Russia – despite denials of the alleged hacker, Guccifer 2.0.

The information now being pumped out by WikiLeaks is clearly pitched to divide the Democratic Party before the Democratic Convention, beginning on Monday in the US (Tuesday morning AEST).

The Clinton campaign has already said Russia hopes to affect the outcome of the election.

"What appears evident is that the Russian groups responsible for the DNC hack are intent on attempting to influence the outcome of this election," the Clinton campaign said in June, when news of the hacking was revealed.

At the time, the time WikiLeaks had pledged to release information on the Democrats' campaign.

Originally created as a pro-transparency organisation, WikiLeaks has been seen in more recent years as friendly to Russia. The organisation routinely champions positions that adhere to Russia's geopolitical goals, and leader Julian Assange advocated Russia as a haven for Edward Snowden after the ex-US intelligence contractor fled the US in 2013. In August of 2015, US counterintelligence expert John Schindler wrote that WikiLeaks is a "front for Russian intelligence".
http://www.smh.com.au/world/us-election/us-fears-over-donald-trumps-connections-with-vladimir-putins-russia-20160723-gqcg8p.html
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby toolpush » Sun 24 Jul 2016, 05:53:10

If Russia is the source and they want Trump, then after Hillary is endorsed, we may find some very interesting emails she never had on her email server!
We live in exciting times.
toolpush
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Cog » Sun 24 Jul 2016, 06:01:51

I care not the motivation of the hackers. I care about whether the information is true or not. The inner workings of the media and the DNC is something every voter should understand. The corruption on display in just the small portion of emails released is appalling. WikiLeaks has 85 GB's more of this stuff yet to be released.

I may or may not have called Bill Gates on his personal cell phone to ask him about Windows 10. ;)
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Cog » Sun 24 Jul 2016, 06:04:41

Here voicemail is full. LOL

Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Sun 24 Jul 2016, 06:36:42

6 asks how wikileaks got it? They have an email address.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby Tanada » Sun 24 Jul 2016, 07:35:06

SeaGypsy wrote:6 asks how wikileaks got it? They have an email address.

Sadly any blog or mainstream media that pushes the 'social justice' button gets taken in by six without any critical thinking being applied. And regurgitated all over the board. It really is getting annoying at this point.
I should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write, balance accounts, build a wall, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Cog » Sun 24 Jul 2016, 08:08:33

Mark Zuckerberg, founder and CEO of Facebook, and supporter of Hillary Clinton, is now blocking links to the DNC WikiLeaks calling them unsafe content. LOL. Unsafe to Hillary Clinton. The absolute hypocrisy of the left is on full display for all to see. The DNC is in full meltdown.

Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Cog » Sun 24 Jul 2016, 09:05:07

You didn't get this from me. LOL the hits keep coming. Can't wait for the next installment to be released. Sanders wasn't worried about the classified emails that Hillary leaked to everyone. Maybe he is should have been worried about what his own party was up to.

https://wikileaks.org/dnc-emails/emailid/5614

From:MirandaL@dnc.org To: laura.meckler@wsj.com, PaustenbachM@dnc.org Date: 2016-05-06 13:25 Subject: RE: can you send me the letter Sanders sent the DNC?

OFF THE RECORD, You didn’t get this from me. They didn’t send it to us before planting the story. We’re operating in good faith.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Next

Return to North America Discussion