Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Menu Absent Problem

Having trouble? Is the forum having trouble?

Moderator: admin

Menu Absent Problem

Unread postby Subjectivist » Thu 27 Mar 2014, 07:16:53

Hey I use Safari to browse peakoil.com and the last week or so about 20% of he time when I open a thread the left side bar menu stays blank. Not a huge deal but instead of opening up the active topics from the side button I have to take a couple extra steps to get there.

Is this just a safari problem?
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: Menu Absent Problem

Unread postby Pops » Thu 27 Mar 2014, 07:22:07

I'm on mac too but I use Chrome and sometimes everything doesn't come up.

Try adjusting the window size, doesn't matter if I make it a little bigger or smaller it seems to help.

Probably just my imagination, kid of a placebo effect, LOL
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby Subjectivist » Wed 14 May 2014, 13:58:31

Pops wrote:I'm on mac too but I use Chrome and sometimes everything doesn't come up.

Try adjusting the window size, doesn't matter if I make it a little bigger or smaller it seems to help.

Probably just my imagination, kid of a placebo effect, LOL

The sidebar menu has disappeared again and this time nothing I have tried will make it come back.
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Pops » Wed 14 May 2014, 14:16:14

Yeah but on a positive note the response time is great!

LOL, no actual answer for you except that I see the same thing and have PMed admin.

Just an aside, PO is kind of a mash-up, the front page news is actually a wordpress blog and the forums exist as essentially a separate site wrapped in the blog - I think anyway. Which is the reason it's hard to integrate the news items on the front page with a corresponding thread in the forums and I suppose why even though the blog is on the fritz the forums still show up.
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby Subjectivist » Wed 14 May 2014, 14:43:48

Pops wrote:Yeah but on a positive note the response time is great!

LOL, no actual answer for you except that I see the same thing and have PMed admin.

Just an aside, PO is kind of a mash-up, the front page news is actually a wordpress blog and the forums exist as essentially a separate site wrapped in the blog - I think anyway. Which is the reason it's hard to integrate the news items on the front page with a corresponding thread in the forums and I suppose why even though the blog is on the fritz the forums still show up.

Thank you Pops, and you are right response time is as close to instant a I have ever seen it on here.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby jedrider » Wed 14 May 2014, 15:35:14

Subjectivist wrote:Hey I use Safari to browse peakoil.com and the last week or so about 20% of he time when I open a thread the left side bar menu stays blank. Not a huge deal but instead of opening up the active topics from the side button I have to take a couple extra steps to get there.

Is this just a safari problem?

No, it is a global problem of 'resource depletion': The App is evincing the intelligence to invoke 'conservation' strategies. We would do well to take note :-D
jedrider
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Return to Technical Support