Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

New drilling technologies could give us so much oil

Discuss research and forecasts regarding hydrocarbon depletion.

Re: New drilling technologies could give us so much oil

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Sat 24 Aug 2013, 20:51:08

Dude - Some updates on Weyburn Fld if you didn't know. I think it was in 2005 that they began injecting CO2 from the Dakota Gasification plant about 350 miles away. They make synthetic NG there from coal. They estimate about 130 million bbls to be covered in 25 years. Sounds like a lot but that's only an average of around 15,000 bopd. Not bad but I doubt it will deliver us to those glorious days of energy independence.

Texas currently produces around 350,000 bopd from CO2 injection projects. Good to keep matters in perspective. There is a plan to do a power plant sourced CO2 injection project in a 65 year old field in a trend I'm currently working. The p/l will cost $160 million with the feds paying $120 million. The operator of the field has asked me to express his thanks to all you tax payers. LOL
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Graeme » Tue 27 Aug 2013, 21:23:29

Got a spare $5000? Here's another report from BCC Research on EOR.
Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe. H. G. Wells.
Fatih Birol's motto: leave oil before it leaves us.
Graeme
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Sat 14 Sep 2013, 14:16:03

Graeme - Or save your money. There's much more details available for free in the public data base. And if you have a specific project in mind Halliburton et al will work up a proposal for free. They'll even throw in a few free lunches. LOL.

And a bit a long those lines - oil field training for the job hungry:

http://www.rigzone.com/news/oil_gas/a/1 ... s/?all=HG2

I can understand the desire to start plugging the employment holes but most experienced oil patch hands will tell how freaking dangerous it is to have lightweight hands coming in during boom times. They'll kill you faster than Mother Earth.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Previous

Return to Peak oil studies, reports & models