Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Hello Pt 7

Say hello, learn how to register, read the rules, get staff announcements.

Re: Greetings from New Orleans!

Unread postby Tanada » Wed 04 Jul 2012, 11:44:52

Welcome to this corner of the Internet, may you find yourself able to add to the discussion please do so!
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hello everyone

Unread postby Tanada » Wed 04 Jul 2012, 11:45:24

Welcome to this corner of the Internet, may you find yourself able to add to the discussion please do so!
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Your friend from Yorop

Unread postby Tanada » Wed 04 Jul 2012, 11:46:36

Welcome to this corner of the Internet, may you find yourself able to add to the discussion please do so! Can't answer your firefox question, I use the same browser and have no current issues with it.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hi Everyone

Unread postby Tanada » Wed 04 Jul 2012, 11:47:25

Greetings Brian! Welcome to this corner of the Internet, may you find yourself able to add to the discussion please do so!
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: hello everybody

Unread postby Tanada » Wed 04 Jul 2012, 11:47:52

Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello

Unread postby brenson164 » Wed 18 Jul 2012, 03:31:44

Hi! My name is Brennan a.k.a. brenson. I'm new here and the reason I come here because I'm interested about the benefit that ethanol can provide in our daily living.
brenson164
Wood
Wood

Re: Hello

Unread postby FairMaiden » Thu 19 Jul 2012, 20:34:15

I am not holding out hope for ethanol. As food prices soar here, we are going to be diverting the corn to food. Google the southern US record heat temps and you'll see a LOT of corn crops withering in the heat. Hopefully the Climate Change deniers are right and that is just a one off....if not, well...
FairMaiden
Lignite
Lignite

Re: Hello

Unread postby davep » Fri 20 Jul 2012, 14:39:07

Ethanol could be useful as part of an appropriate-scale setup in a power-down scenario, but not the current lobby-fodder that is in place in the US.
What we think, we become.
davep
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Hello All

Unread postby danial77 » Fri 03 Aug 2012, 17:05:53

Hello All,

I am Danial from liverpool. I am here to get some answers, but first i think i should introduce myself here.

Hope to have a happy time.

Thanks
danial77
Wood
Wood

Re: Hello All

Unread postby Ferretlover » Fri 03 Aug 2012, 20:24:49

Happy time? Oh, dear. Perhaps you had better spend some time reading the different forums. This is, most definitely NOT the happiest place on earth.
But, you'll certainly learn a great deal.
"Open the gates of hell!" ~Morgan Freeman's character in the movie, Olympus Has Fallen.
Ferretlover
Elite
Elite

Unread postby Quinny » Sat 04 Aug 2012, 09:42:00

Hi there, Just up the coast from you in Blackpool.

What got you interested? and what topics are you most interested in?
Live, Love, Learn, Leave Legacy.....oh and have a Laugh while you're doing it!
Quinny
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby steam_cannon » Sat 04 Aug 2012, 17:16:36

Welcome and I hope you do have a good time. Though Ferretlover is right, this is not a topic usually filled with cheer but more often Peak Oil is a sobering and harsh reality fest for people interested in where the world is going in a hand-basket. And there's free popcorn* [smilie=new_popcornsmiley.gif]

* Disclaimer: There isn't really free popcorn. Sorry.
"The multiplication force of technology on cognitive differences is massive." -Jordan Peterson
steam_cannon
Expert
Expert

Hi Guys

Unread postby Williamauez » Sun 05 Aug 2012, 20:06:26

Hello everyone my name is William Alvarez and i have joined this forum because i am interested in learning different types of energy..............also share knowledge with others
Williamauez
Wood
Wood

Re: Hi Guys

Unread postby Ferretlover » Sun 05 Aug 2012, 20:10:12

Welcome. If you have any questions, check the other topics in the Welcome Forum, or, check with any moderator.
"Open the gates of hell!" ~Morgan Freeman's character in the movie, Olympus Has Fallen.
Ferretlover
Elite
Elite

Hello there.

Unread postby KirstenM » Mon 13 Aug 2012, 23:14:01

Hi All,

I have just joined the boards, so this is my introduction.

I am a thirty-something, oops, no forty-something now, Australian mother/writer/blogger trying to live more sustainably in the suburbs of Canberra. I run a website, http://sustainablesuburbia.net, in between working in the public service, freelance writing and parenting my kids.

I've been thinking about and trying to work towards and more self-sufficient and sustainable lifestyle for a while now, but one of the issues I see is a simple lack of practical skills for a future without cheap oil. So that's what I'm working on, albeit very slowly.

I look forward to reading more here (and elsewhere :))
Kirsten
Editor, Sustainable Suburbia
http://sustainablesuburbia.net

"Yield and overcome, bend and be straight, empty and be full, have little and gain."
KirstenM
Wood
Wood

Hi

Unread postby rikriki22 » Wed 15 Aug 2012, 12:39:16

I am Rik, i found this forum today saw few good discussion going on, can't wait to jump into that.
rikriki22
Wood
Wood

hello

Unread postby verizonas » Fri 07 Sep 2012, 04:28:50

Great to be part of the forum. I don't really have a strong opinion about what the future holds. On the one hand, I see the rationale behind peak oil, but on the other hand, I think that there is enough oil to run this planet for a long time.
renovera kök
verizonas
Wood
Wood

Re: hello

Unread postby Pops » Fri 07 Sep 2012, 11:48:06

Welcome V.

I think the key question is not "Is there enough?" because for decades, "enough" has effectively been whatever amount we could find an excuse to burn. The EIA has always forecast future oil supply by forecasting future demand then simply changing the label to "supply".

If peak oil is rational, then it follows that at some point there won't be what we've come to see as "enough". The question then becomes, "how will the world economy deal with less than enough?"

To an extent, conservation and alternatives can increase economic activity and offset some of the loss of production due to higher energy prices. But at some point, conservation becomes contraction, the economy shrinks, incomes shrink and jobs are eliminated.

Peak oil is rational. Simply pronouncing "There is Enough for a Long Time" is the opposite.
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Re: Hi Guys

Unread postby amandaw80 » Sun 09 Sep 2012, 15:21:55

Hello everyone!

I'm just learning how to navigate this forum style :). It's all quite overwhelming at times but I'm sure I'll get comfortable soon.

Be patient with me :)

Amy
amandaw80
Wood
Wood

Why I'm here.. Energy Industry job recruiting

Unread postby Blong » Wed 12 Sep 2012, 17:51:25

Good evening all!

I promise I won't be spamming this board! I am a recruiter out of the Boston area and I am doing some recruiting for a Measurement/Metering Engineer with an energy industry client of mine in California. If you're familiar, it is a pretty specialized skillset, and these type of folk aren't easily found on job boards and even LinkedIn is proving to be difficult. I came across this site and message board while doing some research in trying to find places to recruit for this role.

I am hoping some of you may be able to point me in the direction of any online resource that I could utilize in my efforts. It could be another forum/message board, a blog site that alows job postings (ideally free postings), or anything else. I'm pretty much at a loss here and not really sure where to turn next! I have already come across energyjobsnetwork and energycentraljobs but we are in in a position to be paying for postings or purchasing resumes.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated, and of course if you or anyone you know may fit this skillset, that works too!

If you can provide any assistance, please post here or email me directly ([email protected]). I don't want to post the JD here and turn this post into a specific job posting, but will gladly share it with any interested party.

I appreciate the help in advance and look forward to hearing from any of you!

Brian
Blong
Wood
Wood

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome