Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Opening Up the Economy Pt. 3

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Re: Opening Up the Economy Pt. 3

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Sat 13 Mar 2021, 22:37:16

Armageddon wrote:Except it’s not new

So now you're confident blabbering absolute nonsense re virology as well as economics.

Congrats? :lol:

Gene sequencing is a thing. As is science. As is virology. Not that I'd expect your level of idiocy to recognize reality, much less scientific reality.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Armageddon » Sat 13 Mar 2021, 23:40:52

Outcast_Searcher wrote:
Armageddon wrote:Except it’s not new

So now you're confident blabbering absolute nonsense re virology as well as economics.

Congrats? :lol:

Gene sequencing is a thing. As is science. As is virology. Not that I'd expect your level of idiocy to recognize reality, much less scientific reality.

You falling for the Covid hoax? I’m shocked!
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby diemos » Sun 14 Mar 2021, 10:36:37

Armageddon wrote:You falling for the Covid hoax? I’m shocked!

You prefer conspiracy theories to reality? I'm shocked!
diemos
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby OutcastPhilosopher » Sun 14 Mar 2021, 10:40:29

diemos wrote:

Explain the need to shutdown the world for a virus that all age groups have a 99.8% chance of survival?

The vast majority of deaths are those who are infirm, elderly, obese, or suffering from other health complications.

Please explain.....
The hand that gives is above the hand that takes
OutcastPhilosopher
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Armageddon » Sun 14 Mar 2021, 10:46:57

OutcastPhilosopher wrote:
diemos wrote:

Explain the need to shutdown the world for a virus that all age groups have a 99.8% chance of survival?

The vast majority of deaths are those who are infirm, elderly, obese, or suffering from other health complications.

Please explain.....

You won’t get an explanation, because they don’t have one. Their only explanation is what msm tells them. That’s how they’re programmed to think.
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby OutcastPhilosopher » Sun 14 Mar 2021, 10:57:04

Armageddon wrote:
diemos wrote:

Please explain.....

You won’t get an explanation, because they don’t have one. Their only explanation is what msm tells them. That’s how they’re programmed to think.

There is very little logical thought on this board.....anything counter to the mainstream is labeled as conspiracy theory.
OutcastPhilosopher
Permanently Banned

Unread postby diemos » Sun 14 Mar 2021, 11:32:53

OutcastPhilosopher wrote:Please explain.....

Ok. We had a choice to make, balancing the harm from the virus versus the harm from the measures we had available to contain it. There is no right or wrong answer as it depends on what people value. Different people can look at the same situation and come to different decisions on what we "should" do.

In Japan, wearing masks when you're sick is considered standard and rude not to. So when news of a new virus hit everyone put on their masks. And so life in Japan was able to continue semi-normally and they've had a death rate of 68/million.

In New Zealand, they cut off foreign travel and did contact, trace and isolate on every case that sprung up so they have a death rate of 5/million.

In the US, basic public health measures became ideological (but muh FREE...dumbs!), wrapped up in partisan politics, and conspiracy thinking (It's a hoax!). So since people would not voluntarily take simple precautions to stop the spread, involuntary lockdowns to keep people from mixing had to be imposed. And so we got the worst of all possible outcomes, loads of economic pain plus 1645/million deaths.

But that's what happens when people decide that reality is optional and decide to live in their own little fantasy worlds instead.
diemos
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby JuanP » Sun 14 Mar 2021, 11:41:55

If it had been up to me I would have let the virus rip through the world, make voluntary recommendations for people that want to to follow, and let the chips fall where they may. I still don't know what caused more damage, the virus or all the measures we took to fight it. I think that for the under 40 crowd, the measures caused more damage than the virus. I think that people's perspectives on this issue depend mostly on their age, their economic circumstances, their health, and their physical fitness.
"Human stupidity has no limits" JuanP
JuanP
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Armageddon » Sun 14 Mar 2021, 11:51:24

JuanP wrote:If it had been up to me I would have let the virus rip through the world, make voluntary recommendations for people that want to to follow, and let the chips fall where they may. I still don't know what caused more damage, the virus or all the measures we took to fight it. I think that for the under 40 crowd, the measures caused more damage than the virus. I think that people's perspectives on this issue depend mostly on their age, their economic circumstances, their health, and their physical fitness.

70% of the victims were obese. This should be a warning to get healthy and build a strong immune system.
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby OutcastPhilosopher » Sun 14 Mar 2021, 11:56:41

diemos wrote:
OutcastPhilosopher wrote:Please explain.....

Ok. We had a choice to make, balancing the harm from the virus versus the harm from the measures we had available to contain it. There is no right or wrong answer as it depends on what people value. Different people can look at the same situation and come to different decisions on what we "should" do.

In Japan, wearing masks when you're sick is considered standard and rude not to. So when news of a new virus hit everyone put on their masks. And so life in Japan was able to continue semi-normally and they've had a death rate of 68/million.

In New Zealand, they cut off foreign travel and did contact, trace and isolate on every case that sprung up so they have a death rate of 5/million.

In the US, basic public health measures became ideological (but muh FREE...dumbs!), wrapped up in partisan politics, and conspiracy thinking (It's a hoax!). So since people would not voluntarily take simple precautions to stop the spread, involuntary lockdowns to keep people from mixing had to be imposed. And so we got the worst of all possible outcomes, loads of economic pain plus 1645/million deaths.

But that's what happens when people decide that reality is optional and decide to live in their own little fantasy worlds instead.

The harm of the virus? It has a 99.8% survival rate. Do you realize that? Why are you not able to comment on that?

Instead you went into a comparative analysis between different countries with their health measures and what people do there like in Japan they wear masks when sick. Okay, that is what they do "there".

You contradict yourself when you first claim in regards to measures taken vs. virus harm that there is no right or wrong answer as it depends on what people value then you state that in the US, involuntary measures had to be imposed because people couldn't follow simple precautions. My question to you is, if you not sick then why do you need to have involuntary measures imposed on you since not everyone is sick all of the time? Why should you wear a mask if you are not sick?

In other words, you just typed a bunch of gobblygook and have no idea what the hell you are talking about whatsoever. You are a dumb-ass.
Last edited by OutcastPhilosopher on Sun 14 Mar 2021, 11:59:53, edited 1 time in total.
OutcastPhilosopher
Permanently Banned

Unread postby diemos » Sun 14 Mar 2021, 11:59:36

OutcastPhilosopher wrote:The harm of the virus? It has a 99.8% survival rate. Do you realize that? Why are you not able to comment on that?

You confuse the deaths per capita with the deaths per case. Whether you do this deliberately or because you're too stupid to understand the difference I cannot say.
diemos
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby OutcastPhilosopher » Sun 14 Mar 2021, 12:02:35

diemos wrote:
OutcastPhilosopher wrote:The harm of the virus? It has a 99.8% survival rate. Do you realize that? Why are you not able to comment on that?

You confuse the deaths per capita with the deaths per case. Whether you do this deliberately or because you're too stupid to understand the difference I cannot say.

Put both stats out there then.....tell us what is the deaths per capita and deaths per case?

Then when you do that, for the deaths also put out there comorbidities that they have. The vast majority of these will be obese, elderly, or suffering from other health issues.

When you add in that deaths from COVID were receiving money due to that being put on the death certificate you have a massive overinflation of the situation.

If you cannot see this, then you are truly a dumb-ass of epic proportions which is the case.
OutcastPhilosopher
Permanently Banned

Unread postby OutcastPhilosopher » Sun 14 Mar 2021, 12:06:02

JuanP wrote:If it had been up to me I would have let the virus rip through the world, make voluntary recommendations for people that want to to follow, and let the chips fall where they may. I still don't know what caused more damage, the virus or all the measures we took to fight it. I think that for the under 40 crowd, the measures caused more damage than the virus. I think that people's perspectives on this issue depend mostly on their age, their economic circumstances, their health, and their physical fitness.

You are the only one making any sense here.
OutcastPhilosopher
Permanently Banned

Unread postby diemos » Sun 14 Mar 2021, 12:06:53

I repeat:

Pneumonia deaths regardless of cause, which makes any issues with diagnosis irrelevant, while lockdown measures were in place.
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/weeklyar ... _small.gif
diemos
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby OutcastPhilosopher » Sun 14 Mar 2021, 12:12:42

diemos wrote:I repeat:

Pneumonia deaths regardless of cause, which makes any issues with diagnosis irrelevant, while lockdown measures were in place.
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/weeklyar ... _small.gif

LOL you realize what you posted shows that influenza deaths have disappeared from 2020 until now? The last little influenza in 2020 and now nothing?

Exactly as I would have thought.
OutcastPhilosopher
Permanently Banned

Unread postby diemos » Sun 14 Mar 2021, 12:17:55

OutcastPhilosopher wrote:Instead you went into a comparative analysis between different countries with their health measures and what people do there like in Japan they wear masks when sick. Okay, that is what they do "there".

Different countries did different things and got different outcomes. So looking back and comparing is a useful exercise to see what we could have achieved if we had made better decisions.

OutcastPhilosopher wrote:You contradict yourself when you first claim in regards to measures taken vs. virus harm that there is no right or wrong answer as it depends on what people value then you state that in the US, involuntary measures had to be imposed because people couldn't follow simple precautions. My question to you is, if you not sick then why do you need to have involuntary measures imposed on you since not everyone is sick all of the time? Why should you wear a mask if you are not sick?

Because with this virus people can be infectious without symptoms. So if people only wear masks when they feel sick it will not prevent transmission. It will help, but it won't fully prevent it.
diemos
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby diemos » Sun 14 Mar 2021, 12:20:05

OutcastPhilosopher wrote:LOL you realize what you posted shows that influenza deaths have disappeared from 2020 until now? The last little influenza in 2020 and now nothing?

Yup. The lockdown measure we put in place to prevent the transmission of COVID work even better against flu. So we didn't have any noticeable flu season.
diemos
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby OutcastPhilosopher » Sun 14 Mar 2021, 12:22:52

diemos wrote:
OutcastPhilosopher wrote:Instead you went into a comparative analysis between different countries with their health measures and what people do there like in Japan they wear masks when sick. Okay, that is what they do "there".

Different countries did different things and got different outcomes. So looking back and comparing is a useful exercise to see what we could have achieved if we had made better decisions.

OutcastPhilosopher wrote:You contradict yourself when you first claim in regards to measures taken vs. virus harm that there is no right or wrong answer as it depends on what people value then you state that in the US, involuntary measures had to be imposed because people couldn't follow simple precautions. My question to you is, if you not sick then why do you need to have involuntary measures imposed on you since not everyone is sick all of the time? Why should you wear a mask if you are not sick?

Because with this virus people can be infectious without symptoms. So if people only wear masks when they feel sick it will not prevent transmission. It will help, but it won't fully prevent it.

Completely circular logic all the way around. Please explain how well Sweden, Belarus, and Uruguay are doing because they mandate mask wearing. South Dakota didn't either.....looks like they are doing well.

Link for the mask nonsense

https://i.imgur.com/DbV96qR.jpg

If you are asymptomatic you are not infectious or sick.

You have the mentality and logic of a slave. I am done talking to such a lowly life form.
OutcastPhilosopher
Permanently Banned

Unread postby diemos » Sun 14 Mar 2021, 12:37:00

OutcastPhilosopher wrote:Completely circular logic all the way around. Please explain how well Sweden, Belarus, and Uruguay are doing because they mandate mask wearing. South Dakota didn't either.....looks like they are doing well.

Ok.
1. We're going to ignore Belarus and Uruguay as well as most non-first world countries because their statistics aren't trustworthy.
2. What matters is what people do, not what governments mandate. Governments can mandate all they like, if people won't do it, it's not going to do anything. If people do it, then it will accomplish something, even if the government did not mandate it. In japan, the government did not mandate mask wearing. People just did it and it worked.

Deaths:
Sweden: 1296/million
South Dakota: 2168/million

OutcastPhilosopher wrote:If you are asymptomatic you are not infectious or sick.

Wrong ... just wrong.

OutcastPhilosopher wrote:You have the mentality and logic of a slave. I am done talking to such a lowly life form.

Ditto. Except that I would say that you have scaled the heights of Mt. Dunning-Kruger.
diemos
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Sun 14 Mar 2021, 12:39:33

If you are asymptomatic you are not infectious or sick.

You are clearly a science denier and an idiot and a liar. At least you're consistent.

What are your medical credentials, re virology expertise, to claim you know more than the experts?

https://www.advisory.com/en/daily-brief ... tic-spread

But given the body of all your posts here on all subjects, your credibility is NIL, so why should we be surprised at your ongoing nonsense?
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

PreviousNext

Return to Economics & Finance