Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Meat Eaters Are Killing The Planet

Re: Meat Eaters Are Killing The Planet

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Sat 16 Jun 2018, 10:21:14

Again, those who have the luxury of more than enough food and energy also have the time to think these things through. In other words, the First World countries.

Those who struggle to eat, struggle to find clean water, and struggle to warm themselves, never get the luxury of reflecting upon their fates. They never get the education to understand their condition. They never have a chance to change their lives. They desperately reproduce, because that is what apes do when faced with hardships.
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby onlooker » Sat 16 Jun 2018, 12:10:12

KaiserJeep wrote:Again, those who have the luxury of more than enough food and energy also have the time to think these things through. In other words, the First World countries.

Those who struggle to eat, struggle to find clean water, and struggle to warm themselves, never get the luxury of reflecting upon their fates. They never get the education to understand their condition. They never have a chance to change their lives. They desperately reproduce, because that is what apes do when faced with hardships.

I fully agree. Our over population is short of draconian measures totally out of our control :cry:
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Yonnipun » Fri 29 Jun 2018, 17:57:43

I love this thread. Before finding this thread I ate meat maybe two times per week but thanks to this thread I started to eat meat every day. Atleast a pound of beef a day. I was eating only pork and chicken before because beef is very expensive but now I understand why americans gorge on beef. There simply is nothing compared to nutritional quality and taste of grass fed beef.
What is funny is that my blood pressure has reduced to almost normal level! It has always been high( 150-160 systlolic/ 90-100 diastolic) , I even took beta blockers many years ago but I ditched them when I got heart angina symptoms shortly after beginning the medicine. It was a mystery to me why would a blood pressure be elevated on a relatively young man who does not drink and smoke and who was not overwheight. Last time I checked my blood pressure was 128/83!! Now it seems so logical that depriving my body from quality animal protein - a building block of every tissue and bone in the body -was a big mistake.
Yonnipun
Peat
Peat

Unread postby pstarr » Fri 29 Jun 2018, 18:29:22

Yay! for Yonnipun. Seen the Light of Day.

Folks are unwilling to believe in conspiracy. Yet the farm bureau industry pushed its agriculture waste (corn, soybean and wheat starch) on us for the last 50 years thanks to the bastards in the FDA, FCC and USDA. The US has a carbohydrate/sugar addiction and it is still killing our children.
November 2016
pstarr
NeoMaster
NeoMaster

Unread postby dohboi » Fri 29 Jun 2018, 19:44:47

Meat production wastes natural resources

The world is a diverse place that offers many natural resources. The meat industry places extreme stress on natural resources, causing extreme reduction and depletion
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Unread postby dohboi » Fri 29 Jun 2018, 19:48:15

Meat isn’t as rich in nutrients as plants

An animal-based diet isn’t as diverse in terms of nutrients as a plant-based diet is. You pretty much get two main macronutrients — protein and fat — with essentially no vitamins or minerals, and no fiber. What most people don’t know is that the body needs vitamins and minerals to digest and assimilate protein efficiently. Bodies also need fiber to help push things through and assimilate nutrients.

Meat intake can build up in the body and slow things down, causing you to feel tired and undernourished. Going plant-based ensures that your body at least gets the nutritional baseline it requires to thrive on a day-to-day basis.

Meat is acidic
Meat is one of the major acidic foods in the standard North American diet. It’s difficult for the body to break down and digest and requires extra work from the kidneys. As a result, it produces too much acid in the body. Too much acid not only weakens the body’s immune defenses, which increases risks for infections, but also contributes to chronic diseases.

The other consideration to look at is the quality of meat that a majority of people eat: often it’s fried, overcooked, and not eaten alongside green vegetables. This not only creates acidity in the body but also does nothing to help neutralize it. Choosing to eat more plants throughout the day can help balance this ratio.

Meat is loaded with toxins

Animals are sponges that soak up toxicity. Because a majority of their biological makeup is fat, their bodies can accumulate an excessive amount of toxins. So, when the animals eat a toxic diet, these toxins get carried with them for life, and they end up in the food you eat.

The sea life that swims in polluted oceans and waterways has incredibly absorbent skin and fat, which is why fish and other seafood are often tainted with mercury and other heavy metals.

Meat is high in saturated fat

It’s one of the things we hear a lot these days: “Be mindful of the amount of saturated fat you eat!”
Unfortunately, many people get confused about the sources of this unhealthy fat and don’t realize that a majority of it is from animals. Saturated fat is healthy for the living animal, but the human body can’t break it down in a way that is healthy.

Eating the amount of saturated fat from animals that most people do can lead to major health problems. Additionally, many people are eating fried meats, fatty cuts, and skin, with no care for leaner options — all of which contribute to plaque buildup, heart disease, and other diseases, such as obesity and diabetes.

Eating meat can increase your risk for cancer and osteoporosis

In addition to causing heart disease, excess meat consumption leads to other health-degrading conditions, such as osteoporosis and even cancer. The excess protein — despite what people may think — isn’t good for the body. Also, the accumulation of meat can lead to more fatty deposits in the body, which become plaque deposits, and they can start to calcify and affect many of our tissues and bones, causing long-term diseases like heart disease.

https://www.dummies.com/food-drink/spec ... ting-meat/

If learning these and many other things about the downsides of meat eating makes someone eat more meat, that mostly tells us quite a bit about the mental and moral state of the consumer than pretty much anything else.

Ciao, and bon appetite!

(Oh, and thanks for bumping the thread up!! :-D :-D :-D )
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Unread postby Newfie » Fri 29 Jun 2018, 19:49:25

Humans are meat eaters therefore humans are killing the planet.
To save the planet we must reduce the population of humans
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby dohboi » Fri 29 Jun 2018, 22:06:10

Humans are omnivores. That means we can survive on a wide range of foods. If we choose to, we can survive with out eating any meat, as many, many religious and other groups have done through the millennia.

But yes, 7+ billion humans is definitely a problem in pretty much any scenario.
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Unread postby Yonnipun » Sat 30 Jun 2018, 02:17:39

1 kg of tomatoes contain ca 200 kcal. I have to eat 12 kg of tomatoes per day to get enough energy.
1kg of carrots contain ca 360 kcal. I have to eat 7 kg of carrots to get enough energy. And I am a sedentary person. I could not imagine the amount of vegetables necessary to eat when someone performs physical work.
Our bellies are not designed to eat those amount of food. Just look at the belly of the gorilla or cow for example. Humans are design to eat meat . Thats a fact.
Yonnipun
Peat
Peat

Unread postby dohboi » Sat 30 Jun 2018, 12:15:08

Yes, Y. We are trying to get you to switch to an all-tomatoes-all-the-time-and-nothing-but-tomatoes diet! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Where do these folks manage to come up with these woppers of non-sequiturs, I'll never know... :roll:
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Unread postby Yonnipun » Sat 30 Jun 2018, 12:45:40

dohboi wrote:Yes, Y. We are trying to get you to switch to an all-tomatoes-all-the-time-and-nothing-but-tomatoes diet! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Where do these folks manage to come up with these woppers of non-sequiturs, I'll never know... :roll:

Let me quote some...

Vegetables only--the "gorilla diet"

Massive bulk of food required. Eating vegetables and greens only could be called the gorilla diet, because (mountain) gorillas are folivores and eat a diet that is predominantly leaves and vegetative matter, although they also eat smaller amounts of fruits, roots, and insects. (Note: gorillas are not vegans--they deliberately eat insects, if a modest amount.) Lowland gorillas are foli-frugivores and eat more fruit, and more insects, than mountain gorillas. If you try to live on only raw vegetables, you will need to eat 20 pounds (9.1 kg) per day, just to satisfy your calorie requirements. That's a lot of food to eat each day! Consider the time required to eat (and excrete) so much food on a daily basis. Indeed, you would be forced to lead a life parallel to that of the gorilla--a life that consists primarily of eating, excreting, and sleeping. (It's no coincidence that many raw-foodists seem to be primarily focused on the topic of food and eating it for much of their day.)

100% sweet fruit diets--
are you sure that you are getting enough sugar? :-)

From the table, we see that one needs to eat 6.7-9.3 pounds (3.0-4.2 kg) of fruit daily to satisfy calorie requirements. Further, the 9.3 pound (4.2 kg) figure is for the "4 sweet fruit" blend, on a net (edible portion only) basis. Assuming an average waste factor (peels, inedible seeds, cores) of 28.5% (per USDA Handbook--see Appendix 2), we divide the net fruit consumption estimates by 0.715, to find that one needs to eat 9.3-13 pounds (4.2-5.9 kg) of whole fruit per day to get the required net weight. That's a lot of fruit to eat!

Further, the "4 sweet fruit" blend is slightly over 10% carbohydrate by weight, nearly all of which is sugar. Applying this to the weight of fruit required indicates that one would be eating ~0.67-0.926 pounds (300-420 gm) of sugar each day. Needless to say, that explains why many fruitarians experience the symptoms of excess sugar consumption (frequent urination and thirst, fatigue, sugar highs/blues, etc.). Also, it seems reasonable to regard a diet in which sugar is the overwhelmingly predominant calorie source (little fat, starch, or protein) as a form of "sugar addiction."
Yonnipun
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Yonnipun » Sat 30 Jun 2018, 13:14:40

pstarr wrote:Yay! for Yonnipun. Seen the Light of Day.

Folks are unwilling to believe in conspiracy. Yet the farm bureau industry pushed its agriculture waste (corn, soybean and wheat starch) on us for the last 50 years thanks to the bastards in the FDA, FCC and USDA. The US has a carbohydrate/sugar addiction and it is still killing our children.

True. If you have ever been near a rapeseed field it literally smell like sh..t. And they press it into vegetable oil and add it to every single bakery thing imaginable. Unsaturated vegetable oils( omega 6 ) are pro imflammatory. They are rancid even before they reach into the bottle. Imagine what happens when you try to fry something with them . Saturated fat is stable when you fry with it and does not go rancid. I read that they even use vegetable oil fusions in organ transplant patients to supress immune system. Vegetable oils are pure poison.
Yonnipun
Peat
Peat

Unread postby onlooker » Sat 30 Jun 2018, 13:45:48

In my opinion the Paleolithic diet offers currently the best option for retaining health. Some lean meats with lots of fruits and vegetables. It is how and what our far off ancestors were eating. Plus,it helps us in rich countries stay away from the most insidious of modern pernicious eating habits: Over consumption of sugar/carbs
Disclaimer: Nothing is very healthy nowadays because of our stupid contamination/degradation of the Earth
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby pstarr » Sat 30 Jun 2018, 14:02:52

Yonnipun wrote:
pstarr wrote:Yay! for Yonnipun. Seen the Light of Day.

True. If you have ever been near a rapeseed field it literally smell like sh..t. And they press it into vegetable oil and add it to every single bakery thing imaginable. Unsaturated vegetable oils( omega 6 ) are pro imflammatory. They are rancid even before they reach into the bottle. Imagine what happens when you try to fry something with them . Saturated fat is stable when you fry with it and does not go rancid. I read that they even use vegetable oil fusions in organ transplant patients to supress immune system. Vegetable oils are pure poison.

I recently spent the day with some extreme vegetarians, the guy had been a vegan. They made all sorts of horrible claims regarding rapeseed. She claims hubby is allergic to rapeseed, gives hims stomach upset. Is there any truth in that?

FDA, AMA and USDA also demonized saturated fats. Americans are sick because of a medical/regulatory conspiracy.
November 2016
pstarr
NeoMaster
NeoMaster

Unread postby Yonnipun » Sat 30 Jun 2018, 15:21:59

She claims hubby is allergic to rapeseed, gives hims stomach upset. Is there any truth in that?

I would not be suprised. I remember many years ago when I was a young boy my sister wanted to make pancakes. Usually my mother makes them and uses butter to fry them but on that they my sister decided to use vegetable oil. Most probably it was a rapeseed or sunflower oil. I remember she used so much oil that the pancackes where literally swimming in oil. So I ate them with sugar and everything was fine till about 2 hours later I suddenly felt very bad in the stomach and I walked outside the house and had to vomit. I had never vomited before and after that incident because of the food. My stomach is pretty bulletproof other than that particular case. Every time I remember this incident to my sister we get a good laugh about it.

FDA, AMA and USDA also demonized saturated fats. Americans are sick because of a medical/regulatory conspiracy.

Yep that is absurd. It only shows how easy is to brainwash people. Rememer the margarine madness. We did not have internet back then and we belived everything that was told through TV commercials. Till this day I see a lot of people who buy margarine and vegetable oils. Just imagine the process of hydrogenation of the vegetable oils to get margarine, this is redicilous to think that this crap is better than pure butter.
Saturated fats are not bad , they are good for us. Inuits eat a lot of saturated fat and they have no heart problems. The same with masais who drink a lot of milk- at least a gallone a day- which is full of saturated fat and they are very fit and strong without heart problems.
Yep I agree there is a conspiracy. For example diabetes. In other word it is a glucose intolerance but what is the diet recommended by doctors - high carb low fat. It is utterly absurd.
Last edited by Yonnipun on Sat 30 Jun 2018, 16:58:55, edited 1 time in total.
Yonnipun
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Yonnipun » Sat 30 Jun 2018, 16:14:26

onlooker wrote:In my opinion the Paleolithic diet offers currently the best option for retaining health. Some lean meats with lots of fruits and vegetables. It is how and what our far off ancestors were eating. Plus,it helps us in rich countries stay away from the most insidious of modern pernicious eating habits: Over consumption of sugar/carbs
Disclaimer: Nothing is very healthy nowadays because of our stupid contamination/degradation of the Earth

I agree with you. The only thing I somewhat disagree with you is the amount of fruits and vegetables and the meat does not need to be lean. In fact you can not live on lean meat. Google rabbit starvation. You need fat and protein, carbs are absolutely not necessary. Actually for me the only reason I eat fruit and vegetables is to get vitamin c. When it comes to other vitamins and minerals then meat and eggs are so far superior that it is not even funny. You have to eat 15 kg or 30 pounds of tomatoes to just get the energy to live a sedentary life style. That is absurd. Actually it is not even needed to eat vegetables because when you eat meat medium rear then scurvy is prevented but I do not want to flirt with scurvy so I eat some vegetables. I eat tomatoes because I like them and they are actually a fruit.
The problem with fruits is that they contain a lot of sugar and are acidic. Imagine what happens to your teeth when you eat apples and oranges all day. Also your blood sugar will skyrocket after the consumption of the large portion of the fruit. Every rise in the blood sugar that goes over the 7,8 mmol/l means microdamages to the organs. Just get a blood sugar meter and see it for yourself what happens to your blood sugar after consuming a pound of bananas.
The problem with vegetables is that at least for me there are no good vegetables to eat that taste good eating raw and does not make your stomach feel peculiar. For example I used to like to snack raw carrots every evening but every time I got a peculiar feeling in my stomach in the next morning. So I stopped it. When I eat meat or eggs I never get upset stomach. Most probably the undigestable fiber is the reason for that. If you have small children under two years old then never give them raw carrots etc undigestable fiber foods.
Last edited by Yonnipun on Sat 30 Jun 2018, 17:04:24, edited 1 time in total.
Yonnipun
Peat
Peat

Unread postby pstarr » Sat 30 Jun 2018, 16:52:20

Corn, wheat and legumes are valuable for protein as livestock feed. What to do with the waste carbs? Feed it to the sheeple.

"The solution to pollution is dilution"
November 2016
pstarr
NeoMaster
NeoMaster

Unread postby onlooker » Sat 30 Jun 2018, 17:02:37

I am not sure where you read that meat and eggs are superior to fruits and veggies nutritionally Y? From all I read the most abundant and most diverse source of vitamins and minerals are fruits and vegs. Plus, plant foods contain thousands of phyto chemicals which are good for the body in diverse ways. Plus plant food has fiber and that helps to eliminate sugar from the blood stream.
Also, meat has no fiber and is also difficilt to digest because of high protein content thus excessive waste can accumulate in body. Just an anecdote. An autopsy on the actor John Wayne found 3 or 4ibs of undigested meat waste inside his body, that is not good. The one point I do agree with you on is meat fat can be eaten in quantities in accord with how active you are.
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Yonnipun » Sat 30 Jun 2018, 17:52:35

onlooker wrote:I am not sure where you read that meat and eggs are superior to fruits and veggies nutritionally Y? From all I read the most abundant and most diverse source of vitamins and minerals are fruits and vegs. Plus, plant foods contain thousands of phyto chemicals which are good for the body in diverse ways. Plus plant food has fiber and that helps to eliminate sugar from the blood stream.
Also, meat has no fiber and is also difficilt to digest because of high protein content thus excessive waste can accumulate in body. Just an anecdote. An autopsy on the actor John Wayne found 3 or 4ibs of undigested meat waste inside his body, that is not good. The one point I do agree with you on is meat fat can be eaten in quantities in accord with how active you are.

See my post in this thread on Wed 06 Jun 2018, 00:05:30 and Wed 06 Jun 2018, 14:02:08
Also do not fall for the dietary fiber scam. It is just undigestable junk that goes through your intestines causing irritation. Imagine rough fiber scratching your delicate tissues inside you and tell me how it is going to be good for you. Most certainly it will cause microdamages to your tissues and overtime your absorption of minerals and vitamins will go down. Whenever I eat raw carrots I got stomach problems afterwards. If ever the fiber has a neglible effect on blood sugar.
I have no problems digesting meat. In fact meat has no antinutrient contrary to vegetables. Therefore there are no allergies in eating meat. It really is a perfect food. Specially grass fed beef and lamb. The omega6/omega 3 ratio for grass fed meat is better than grain fed meat. There are people who consume meat and nothing but the meat and they do not need no fiber. As pstarr said they need to sell their leftover junk and make up some bs stories like fiber is good .
When it comes to the amount of fat I eat then I eat what comes with the meat. When I eat beef then it is usually lean. When I eat pork then I like fifty-fifty. Fatty meat tastes much better. I do not stress about the fat because I only eat a pound of meat a day.The fat that comes with it is a non issue.
Also do not fall for the low fat propaganda. Just for an example - when farmers want to fatten their pigs as quickly as possible then the best thing to give them is skimmed milk. They drink it like water and never feel satisfied. When they tried to fatten the pigs on whole milk they noticed that pigs did not want to eat so much because they felt satisfied from the fat. The same goes with all low fat foods. They contain a lot of calories from carbs and the person who eats them is never satisfied.
Also the fat has almost no effect on blood sugar. So it is ideal for diabetics.
Last edited by Yonnipun on Sat 30 Jun 2018, 18:02:06, edited 1 time in total.
Yonnipun
Peat
Peat

Unread postby onlooker » Sat 30 Jun 2018, 17:59:53

Yes, I will say that for losing weight, the high protein fat diet is the best as it truly satiates. And opposed to carbs that leave one feeling hungry. I would to research Fiber more.
onlooker
Fission
Fission

PreviousNext

Return to Environment, Weather & Climate