Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Liberal's War On Science

Re: Liberal's War On Science

Unread postby Subjectivist » Thu 04 Oct 2018, 13:10:44

The point seems pretty clear, 'soft' sciences like psychology or gender studies are about subjective reality not objective. This means they can be numerically defined and the 'experts' can spin any BS theory they want so long as they couch it in a nest of bzzwords currently in favor.
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby EnergyUnlimited » Thu 04 Oct 2018, 16:52:29

Subjectivist wrote:The point seems pretty clear, 'soft' sciences like psychology or gender studies are about subjective reality not objective. This means they can be numerically defined and the 'experts' can spin any BS theory they want so long as they couch it in a nest of bzzwords currently in favor.

In Europe these "sciences" made life in many countries looking a little bit surreal, but I don't think it will last much longer.
Other factors failing, Muslims *will* at the end bring back some sort of sanity, even if enforced by scinitar, and rather incoherrent with currently pushed "values".
They may be blessing in disguisse, God(s) sent destructors of useless and decadent. Demolition men.

On the other hand hard sciences also considerably suffer. I observe an epic collapse of skill between those leaving an academia, at least chemistry departments. Complete morons.
Majority of research projects are also an epic waste of money, designed rather to be eligible for EU science funds and not to discover/invent anything of use.
EnergyUnlimited
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby diemos » Fri 05 Oct 2018, 11:06:36

Liberals and conservatives are both fighting a war against reality.

Both are convinced that any aspect of reality that they don't like can just be declared not to exist.

Liberals want the unfairness of people being born with different capabilities to go away and thus proclaim that everyone is the same.

Conservatives want there to be no limits on human wealth and so proclaim the finiteness of the earth to not exist.

Liberals want the inequities that go with the structure of human reproduction to go away and thus proclaim that there are no genders.

Conservatives want mortality not to exist and so proclaim that an unseen all powerful being will give them eternal life (... you know, just as soon as they're dead).

etc, etc, etc.

I see most of politics as the extended tantrum of an infant upset that reality isn't what they want it to be.
diemos
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Fri 05 Oct 2018, 11:46:18

d - Exactly. I've noted on many occasion folks rejecting what seemed to me to be rather solid scientific arguments. It didn't vary with being liberal or conservative. It came from folks who saw such info conflicting with their very entrenched beliefs whether they had valid support for those beliefs or not.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby EnergyUnlimited » Sat 06 Oct 2018, 16:21:38

@diemos,
If so, we are getting all the worst of both camps:
1. Liberal social idiocy.
2. Conservative environmental idiocy.

Regarding said all-powerful entity (God), I believe that both liberal and conservative camps have embraced one.
1. Conservatives are usually praying to one battered Jew.
2. Liberals are shy of being too vocal about it, but they are *also* implying existence of God by expressing believes that we are computer simulation (hence one teenage dork in 5-th dimension might be responsible for all our misery). Another version of liberal God would be associaced with *holographic principle*, eg we are holograms recorded on distant 2-D surface, where all actual business goes on.
Plenty of liberals are also worshiping horned versions of God, very much the same which were already worshiped in ancient Babylon.
EnergyUnlimited
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby diemos » Sat 06 Oct 2018, 16:27:54

Yup. That wasn't a good choice of an example, it's embraced in different forms by both sides.
diemos
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby dissident » Sat 06 Oct 2018, 18:29:43

pstarr wrote:Liberals pray to a benevolent God of Order and Reason, one who will change their diapers and make the world gentle. Conservatives like the the angry version, the righteous god.

That is an outdated view. So-called liberal SJWs pray to the God of intolerance and irrationality and unmitigated selfishness.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby GHung » Sat 06 Oct 2018, 22:33:03

dissident wrote: .......
That is an outdated view. So-called liberal SJWs pray to the God of intolerance and irrationality and unmitigated selfishness.

Or maybe they are just intolerant of intolerance, get irrational about irrationality, and understand the fine art of constructive selfishness.

Life is so confusing sometimes 8O
Blessed are the Meek, for they shall inherit nothing but their Souls. - Anonymous Ghung Person
GHung
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Mon 08 Oct 2018, 11:17:48

Well mostly what both sides do is to find Evil In one another. That much is pretty darn clear.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby onlooker » Mon 08 Oct 2018, 12:16:18

Newfie wrote:Well mostly what both sides do is to find Evil In one another. That much is pretty darn clear.

+1
And not much very constructive nowadays :cry:
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby EnergyUnlimited » Mon 08 Oct 2018, 15:57:04

Newfie wrote:Well mostly what both sides do is to find Evil In one another. That much is pretty darn clear.

And once they have found it, they will worship it.
EnergyUnlimited
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby GHung » Mon 08 Oct 2018, 16:27:14

EnergyUnlimited wrote:

And once they have found it, they will worship it.

The theocracy of the dis-United states of America
"I know that the brain of the average human being has not evolved beyond the capacity of primitive man, and is still subject to meaningless hysterias. When I find a superstition that comforts their existence and fits their situation, I use it for self justification, feed a culture of blame, fan the flames of anger and reprisal and externalise consequence. They stand in a circle of piety and sacrifice their senses to that which brings solace and justification for the evils that I offer......"

More: https://medium.com/@End_of_More/the-the ... 7da7077a06
Blessed are the Meek, for they shall inherit nothing but their Souls. - Anonymous Ghung Person
GHung
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby onlooker » Mon 08 Oct 2018, 18:02:00

I think you can say when times are tough, people get emotional and certain behavior dynamics can take over like scapegoating and:

Demagoguery -
A demagogue or rabble-rouser is a leader in a democracy who gains popularity by exploiting prejudice and ignorance among the common people, whipping up the passions of the crowd and shutting down reasoned deliberation. Demagogues overturn established customs of political conduct

Herd mentality, mob mentality and pack mentality, also lesser known as gang mentality, describes how people can be influenced by their peers to adopt certain behaviors on a largely emotional, rather than rational, basis.
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Previous

Return to Environment, Weather & Climate