Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Let's Discuss Peak Oil For A Change

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

Re: Let's Discuss Peak Oil For A Change

Unread postby Plantagenet » Thu 22 Sep 2022, 19:32:10

Doly wrote:
With the American system independents just can't win.

There is nothing inherent in the “American system” that would prevent an independent from doing well, and we had several significant third party candidates during the 20th century.

However, after Ralph Nader did so well as an independent in Florida that he cost Al Gore the election, the Ds passed a lot of new laws at the state level and the federal level to make it essentially impossible these days for independents to even get on the ballot in many states.

Cheers!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Thu 22 Sep 2022, 22:58:50

I believe that every state has a space for a write in candidate for every race including the president. So you just have to have enough voters for you that know how to write.
As an aside note :my wife/election official was telling me tonight that write in voters need to get their vote all inside the box provided as if it crosses the line the ballot machine will kick it out as an over vote.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 22 Sep 2022, 23:13:21

vtsnowedin wrote:I believe that every state has a space for a write in candidate for every race including the president. So you just have to have enough voters for you that know how to write.
As an aside note :my wife/election official was telling me tonight that write in voters need to get their vote all inside the box provided as if it crosses the line the ballot machine will kick it out as an over vote.

So...your wife knows insider info about voting stuff? Any chance she has some insight into the ballot rigging and whatnot that went on to make sure that Bernie and Sleepy Joe won in Vermont? The focus has been on big states with larger numbers involved needed by the coup plotters, but it is terribly suspicious that right thinking Vermonters such as yourself keep electing Democans again and again.
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Thu 22 Sep 2022, 23:35:35

AdamB wrote:
vtsnowedin wrote:I believe that every state has a space for a write in candidate for every race including the president. So you just have to have enough voters for you that know how to write.

So...your wife knows insider info about voting stuff? Any chance she has some insight into the ballot rigging and whatnot that went on to make sure that Bernie and Sleepy Joe won in Vermont? The focus has been on big states with larger numbers involved needed by the coup plotters, but it is terribly suspicious that right thinking Vermonters such as yourself keep electing Democans again and again.

Sad to say but there is no need of any cheating to get Democrats elected in Vermont. Chittenden county has enough college students and transplanted flatlanders in it to swing most statewide elections to the dims favor. There are just not enough of us rock ribbed dyed in the wool Republicans on this side of the mountains to balance them out.
And I will say my wife runs as accurate and fair election as any precinct in the country.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby AdamB » Fri 23 Sep 2022, 13:44:45

vtsnowedin wrote: Sad to say but there is no need of any cheating to get Democrats elected in Vermont. Chittenden county has enough college students and transplanted flatlanders in it to swing most statewide elections to the dims favor.

Burlington! I was just there in June, had some lunch and looked around. Seemed like a nice place.

vtsnowedin wrote:There are just not enough of us rock ribbed dyed in the wool Republicans on this side of the mountains to balance them out.

You sure she can't slip in a couple tens of thousands of new hillbilly type arrivals to balance things out? The current President (not the one holding the title, the one in exile in Florida) would sure appreciate it! Might get you a free golf membership or something?

vtsnowedin wrote: And I will say my wife runs as accurate and fair election as any precinct in the country.

Well that is obvious, she is Republicrat! It is only Democans that cheat and fudge and rig the machines to get what they want. You know this because no one was questioning votes in Alabama, Arkansas, Idaho, Kentucky, North Dakota, South Dakota, Tennessee, West Virginia and Wyoming. The refrain of "You shall not replace us!!" is strong in those lands.
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Fri 23 Sep 2022, 14:33:14

AdamB wrote:
vtsnowedin wrote: And I will say my wife runs as accurate and fair election as any precinct in the country.

Well that is obvious, she is Republicrat! It is only Democans that cheat and fudge and rig the machines to get what they want. You know this because no one was questioning votes in Alabama, Arkansas, Idaho, Kentucky, North Dakota, South Dakota, Tennessee, West Virginia and Wyoming. The refrain of "You shall not replace us!!" is strong in those lands.

No she is neutral or at least chooses to not argue politics with me or anyone else.
She would have a hard time reporting 5000 votes for Trump in 2024 as there are only 985 registered voters in the town. And that is after she registered five new ones yesterday. :)
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby AdamB » Fri 23 Sep 2022, 18:04:28

vtsnowedin wrote:
AdamB wrote:

No she is neutral or at least chooses to not argue politics with me or anyone else.

Well, I understand that. I'm not sure there is any arguing politics with you either.

vtsnowedin wrote: She would have a hard time reporting 5000 votes for Trump in 2024 as there are only 985 registered voters in the town. And that is after she registered five new ones yesterday. :)

The party sheltering the proto-fascists wouldn't care. They would just insist that a bunch of hillbillys never before registered walked out of the woods one day, and voted 100% for the local proto-fascist candidate.

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Fri 23 Sep 2022, 20:08:44

Well that is not much different then having 95% voter turn out when 10% are dead and another 15% have moved away.
Hopefully these next two elections will be far better then anything that has gone on in the past. I do hope some of the most egregious cheaters will get caught red handed this time and I care not which side the cheaters are on.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby AdamB » Fri 23 Sep 2022, 20:31:42

vtsnowedin wrote:Well that is not much different then having 95% voter turn out when 10% are dead and another 15% have moved away.

Good thing Mayor Daley died like half a century ago then!

You aren't getting this knowledge from some insider who knows how your local elections work are you?

vtsnowedin wrote:
Hopefully these next two elections will be far better then anything that has gone on in the past. I do hope some of the most egregious cheaters will get caught red handed this time and I care not which side the cheaters are on.

I am a big fan of fair elections, and then being happy, moody, or bummed after accepting the results. Any of your friends participate in what happens when some white nationalist's took the news poorly that their Great Leader didn't pass muster with..you know...real Americans?

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Sat 24 Sep 2022, 16:42:56

Any of your friends participate in what happens when some white nationalist's took the news poorly that their Great Leader didn't pass muster with..you know...real Americans?

Not that I know of and if they did they would not be my friends.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby AdamB » Sat 24 Sep 2022, 19:05:21

vtsnowedin wrote:
Any of your friends participate in what happens when some white nationalist's took the news poorly that their Great Leader didn't pass muster with..you know...real Americans?

Not that I know of and if they did they would not be my friends.

Really? All the Vermonters you know are more RHINO-like Republicrats? Because supposedly 70% of Republicrats are election deniers, seems odd that if you know 10 other Republicrats, that aren't some closet proto-fascists hidden in amongst them. You RHINO types better watch out, while these clowns can't even get a decent takeover of the Capital accomplished, these looney tunes might not be happy with a denier of denying like you pretending to be one of them!

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Newfie » Thu 29 Sep 2022, 06:53:19

Peak Oil Has Finally Arrived.
No, Really
Those who have called a top in oil may finally be proven right as sharp global rate hikes hurt consumption.

Paywalled
https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/artic ... #xj4y7vzkg
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 29 Sep 2022, 10:06:00

Newfie wrote:
Peak Oil Has Finally Arrived.
No, Really
Those who have called a top in oil may finally be proven right as sharp global rate hikes hurt consumption.

Paywalled
https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/artic ... #xj4y7vzkg

From the article.
After more than a century of almost continual growth, the world’s appetite for oil is peaking, and will soon enter terminal decline.

Peak Demand. How many times have Happy McPeaksters, caught up in their fantasies of doom and disaster, denied that one?

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Thu 29 Sep 2022, 18:49:38

Considering population projections the demand for oil will only decline if it's price due to insignificant supply becomes very high or alternatives to oil are developed and successfully brought on line that are truly cheaper when government subsidies are taken out.
The supply shortage may well happen in a few years mostly due to government incompetence but I see the other as being a decade or more in the future.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Revi » Sat 29 Oct 2022, 19:28:41

We obviously peaked back in November 2018. And post peak is unraveling almost exactly as we knew it would. The only inexhaustible resource is Adam B's trolling.
Deep in the mud and slime of things, even there, something sings.
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Sat 29 Oct 2022, 21:13:06

Revi wrote:We obviously peaked back in November 2018.

Of COURSE we did Revi! Aren't you thrilled? As long as it doesn't happen again like all the other times, peak oilers can rejoice! I am go glad that it has been going on for 4 years now, and people didn't even notice until a war fired up.

Revi wrote: And post peak is unraveling almost exactly as we knew it would. The only inexhaustible resource is Adam B's trolling.

AdamB knew that peak oil was a crock when you were making movies about it, and going on CNN was it? When the troll is right, it ain't trolling. It's just that knowing stuff is far better than BELIEVING in stuff when it comes to technical topics. Faith based suckers have to call someone names, takes some of the sting off of being revealed as so damn gullible for decades. Loved your movie though Revi, a true believer, through and through.

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby careinke » Sat 29 Oct 2022, 23:39:06

AdamB wrote:.....AdamB When the troll is right, it ain't trolling..... Faith based suckers have to call someone names, takes some of the sting off of being revealed as so damn gullible for decades. ...

AdamB, :x

S/ Your avatar offends me and messes with my feelings you need to remove it!!! /S

PEACE

My pronouns are SIR/MR/Sovereign :lol:
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby AdamB » Sun 30 Oct 2022, 00:08:13

careinke wrote:
AdamB wrote:.....AdamB When the troll is right, it ain't trolling..... Faith based suckers have to call someone names, takes some of the sting off of being revealed as so damn gullible for decades. ...

S/ Your avatar offends me and messes with my feelings you need to remove it!!! /S

PEACE

My pronouns are smartass/knowitall/scientistsrock and 4 legged furry. :lol:

I identify as santa claus because that's what the local school children think when they see me out walking in the fall. True story, so I get SC patches on all my walking jackets and carry candy to hand out.

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby careinke » Sun 30 Oct 2022, 01:10:45

AdamB wrote:
careinke wrote:

PEACE

My pronouns are smartass/knowitall/scientistsrock and 4 legged furry. :lol:

I identify as santa claus because that's what the local school children think when they see me out walking in the fall. True story, so I get SC patches on all my walking jackets and carry candy to hand out.

+1
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby mousepad » Sun 30 Oct 2022, 10:34:20

AdamB wrote: True story, so I get SC patches on all my walking jackets and carry candy to hand out.

[/quote]
Get out. Is that really true?
mousepad
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

PreviousNext

Return to Peak Oil Discussion