Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Iran Thread Pt. 6

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: Iran behind attacks on British

Unread postby bobcousins » Wed 05 Oct 2005, 20:12:26

fossilnut2 wrote: When will the Brits learn that they are a 'has-been' power and the era of troops singing 'Onward Christian Soldiers' while marching off to promote 'White Man's Burden' is over.

Heh, I know what you mean. I am bewildered that every 4 years we expect our football team to win the World Cup because, naturally, British football is the best in the world (apart from Brazil, who are talented freaks of nature). Our players work harder. Never mind that the British football league are mostly foreigners, nor that our manager is Swedish. And when, every 4 years, we lose, all the crest fallen faces. "We were unlucky". But we will definitely win next time. We used to have an Empire you know.
It's all downhill from here
bobcousins
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Keith_McClary » Thu 06 Oct 2005, 00:32:18

Serendipity wrote:Click

They are building WMDs...
They are supporting terrorists...

Guess what comes next ?
The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity
Why don't we have an official statement by Tony Blair in the House of Commons? These "anonymous briefings" are a shoddy propaganda ploy, it's disappointing that the BBC would collaborate with this, just like the corporate media.
Keith_McClary
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby VinceG » Thu 06 Oct 2005, 04:20:00

Serendipity wrote:They are building WMDs...
They are supporting terrorists...

You have some top-secret insiders information you wish to share? Or just guessing...
"In the U.S., fears are so exaggerated and out of control that anxiety is the number-one mental health problem in the country.", Barry Glassner
VinceG
Lignite
Lignite

Iran 'has proof' of British role in bombings

Unread postby KevO » Fri 21 Oct 2005, 04:39:31

preps continue for a UK/US assault for Iranian and Saudi oil

http://www.terra.net.lb/wp/Articles/Des ... hannelId=1

Iran said it has proof that Britain was involved in a double bomb attack last week that killed six people and injured more than 100 in the restive southwestern city of Ahvaz.

The British embassy in Tehran immediately rejected the allegations, which came amid mounting tensions between Tehran and London over suspected Iranian meddling in Iraq and the Islamic republic's nuclear programme.

"Information obtained by the concerned organs show that Britain is the main accused in the recent events," Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki told state television.

"The information shows that Britain is seeking to create insecurity in our country by interfering in our internal affairs," he added, warning that the consequences "could be worrying for the British."

Britain said the allegations were baseless.

"We reiterate our total rejection of these accusations as well as our condemnation of these terrorist attacks," a senior british diplomat told AFP.

"We have made it clear to the Iranian authorities that the British government and British forces in Iraq stand ready to assist in preventing attacks of this kind."

Other News
US to play key role at donors meeting on South Asian quake disaster
Mexico, US brace for lashing from monster Hurricane Wilma
Nations gear up for bird flu defence
US, SKorea open sensitive security talks
'Cheney-Rumsfeld cabal' hijacked US foreign policy: former Powell aide
The bomb attacks Saturday killed six people and injured more than 100 in Ahvaz, the capital of the oil-rich Khuzestan province, and on Tuesday police said they had defused a large bomb planted under a bridge in the city.

Several Iranian officials, including President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, have already said that Britain was a suspect -- but had generally stopped short of claiming they possessed evidence directly implicating Britain.

Ahvaz, dominated by ethnic minority Arabs, has been hit by a wave of unrest this year, including riots in April and a series of car bombings prior to Iran's presidential election in June.

After these incidents, the finger was also pointed at Britain, which has troops based just across the border in Iraq.

The Iranian allegations against Britain come in the wake of similar allegations made by Britain concerning Iran's alleged interference in Iraq.

British Prime Minister Tony Blair and other senior officials have said there is evidence of an Iranian connection to a series of deadly attacks on British troops in southern Iraq.

Britain is also playing a leading role in efforts to force Iran to limit its nuclear fuel activities, seen by the West as a cover for weapons development.

Last month the UN's International Atomic Energy Agency warned Iran it faced being hauled before the UN Security Council if it persisted with its uranium enrichment activities in violation of an agreement with Britain, France and Germany.

Iran has said it is willing to resume talks with the EU-3, but has refused to return to a full freeze of enrichment-related work -- the source of widespread concerns that Iran could acquire atomic arms.
KevO
Expert
Expert

Re: Iran 'has proof' of British role in bombings

Unread postby Jake_old » Fri 21 Oct 2005, 04:41:44

Will we ever learn :x . I can hardly believe we are still up to this kind of thing.

Hey, lets make even more people hate us. Good work leaders.
Jake_old
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby KevO » Fri 21 Oct 2005, 04:50:19

KevO
Expert
Expert

Unread postby rogerhb » Fri 21 Oct 2005, 04:51:24

Independent put an Irish link in, apparently part of the mechanism was previously used by the IRA after learning the technique originally from a British agent.

Revealed: IRA bombs killed eight British soldiers in Iraq

Blowback.

Gadafi used to supply the IRA
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand, wrong answers." - Henry Louis Mencken
rogerhb
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Teclo » Fri 21 Oct 2005, 05:41:01

Until the 'proof' turns into proof without the quotes its just a game, a way for the Iranians to defend themselves over possibly supplying hi-tech bombs to the insurgents

No I'm not a neo-con but facts don't make a person liberal/conservative, only your interpretation

Its also obvious the Iranian claim is for domestic consumption in the Arab world where it would likely be believed (the ease of this belief may indeed be largely our responsiblility but thats another issue)

Teclo
Teclo
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Jake_old » Fri 21 Oct 2005, 05:57:22

Given the state of the world at the moment, and I now understand the threat of Iran gaining Nukes.(I know it seems strange but I used to think it was understandable that they want them and therefor not a problem that they were trying to get them.)

I now know it is important that they don't get them but...

We have a track record of interfering in this way and I think it quite likely that we are at it again. A totalitarian regime can afford to be more honest with their citizens/subjects than a democratic institution. It doesn't matter so much what the people think.

Thats why Saddams trial could be very interesting.

We don't get to find out facts from our own institutions until 50 years after the event, we don't have a CIA to do this stuff for us either.

But Teclo you are right that it MIGHT not be the case. It just probably is.
Jake_old
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Petro for Euros

Unread postby parsifal » Thu 18 May 2006, 20:16:36

Iran is setting up its Oil Bourse. What does this mean for the Euro overall? Does the European Central Bank start printing more Euros?
If other OPEC nations follow suit, then does the UK drop the Pound?

It would appear that the Dollar is is trouble. How about three Dollars to the Euro or five."?
parsifal
Wood
Wood

Re: Petro for Euros

Unread postby mekrob » Thu 18 May 2006, 20:45:28

There are several threads on this topic already.

Try this one or search for others.
mekrob
Expert
Expert

Iran seizes 15 British marines and sailors in Gulf

Unread postby TheDude » Fri 23 Mar 2007, 15:10:49

By Aref Mohammed

BASRA, Iraq (Reuters) - Iranian forces seized 15 British servicemen on Friday in the mouth of the waterway that separates Iran and Iraq, triggering a diplomatic crisis at a time of heightened tensions over Tehran's nuclear ambitions.

Britain said two boatloads of sailors and marines from the naval frigate Cornwall had searched a merchant vessel in Iraqi waters on a U.N. approved mission when Iranian gunboats encircled and captured them.

British Foreign Secretary Margaret Beckett said she was "extremely disturbed." Britain summoned Iran's ambassador in London and protested through its embassy in Tehran.

"We sought a full explanation of what happened and left the Iranian authorities in no doubt that we expect immediate and safe return of our service personnel and boats," Beckett said.

Washington backed its ally. "We support the British demand for the safe return of their people and equipment," State Department spokesman Sean McCormack said.

Reuters Canada.
Cogito, ergo non satis bibivi
And let me tell you something: I dig your work.
TheDude
Expert
Expert

Re: Iran seizes 15 British marines and sailors in Gulf

Unread postby Armageddon » Fri 23 Mar 2007, 15:21:00

The US, Israel and Britain are looking for a cause for war. Could this be it ?
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Rambo » Fri 23 Mar 2007, 15:25:00

Armageddon wrote:The US, Israel and Britain are looking for a cause for war. Could this be it ?

Lets hope not.

This could be staged however a war with Iran will be bad news either way.
Rambo
Peat
Peat

Unread postby TheDude » Fri 23 Mar 2007, 15:34:01

Heckuva false flag if they do conduct strikes etc. How many carrier groups in the Gulf at the moment?

Anything beats having Rove and Cheney testify under oath, right?
Cogito, ergo non satis bibivi
And let me tell you something: I dig your work.
TheDude
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Armageddon » Fri 23 Mar 2007, 15:36:50

New gulf of tonkin ? ( false flag ) Could be.

http://www.infowars.com/articles/ww3/ir ... arines.htm
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby seldom_seen » Fri 23 Mar 2007, 15:44:02

I know this is going to sound completely crazy if not assinine, but maybe Iran did seize some british marines and it wasn't part of a sinister neocon plot?

I'm thinking Amadjihad wanted to have a little 'collateral' before his trip to NYC.
But how the world turns. One day, cock of the walk. Next, a feather duster.
seldom_seen
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby mekrob » Fri 23 Mar 2007, 17:28:18

I know this is going to sound completely crazy if not assinine, but maybe Iran did seize some british marines and it wasn't part of a sinister neocon plot?

I'm thinking Amadjihad wanted to have a little 'collateral' before his trip to NYC.

Funny thing. We pretend to be so much better than 'those people' yet when we seize their diplomats, they ask for their release. When they seize soldiers, everybody acts like we should/will go to war.

Anyway, how much of a success is this for Iran's military given the fact that they captured 15 British Marines, who are touted as some of the best in the world, with no deaths? That takes major skill.
I want to put out the fires of Hell, and burn down the rewards of Paradise. They block the way to God. I do not want to worship from fear of punishment or for the promise of reward, but simply for the love of God. - Rabia
mekrob
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Pretorian » Fri 23 Mar 2007, 17:32:41

Armageddon wrote:The US, Israel and Britain are looking for a cause for war. Could this be it ?

Sure, Israel is looking for a cause for war. Funny thing , it will be also the only country who will not participate in it and noone will be even asking why.
Pretorian
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Armageddon » Fri 23 Mar 2007, 17:35:48

Pretorian wrote:

Sure, Israel is looking for a cause for war. Funny thing , it will be also the only country who will not participate in it and noone will be even asking why.

Not this time. Israel has it's back against the wall.
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

PreviousNext

Return to Asia Discussion