Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

If Peak Oil has already arrived, why aren't pipelines empty?

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

Re: If Peak Oil has already arrived, why aren't pipelines em

Unread postby REAL Green » Wed 25 Nov 2020, 12:37:48

OutcastPhilosopher wrote:
JuanP wrote:
OutcastPhilosopher wrote:Just because I am younger than the boomer crowd means nothing. Age is no metric in determining knowledge or experience.

Age is a metric for intelligence, though, with human intelligence peaking around the age of 23 to 25 years old. So, you are closer to your intelligence peak than most of the rest of us here. I am smart and honest enough to have absolutely no problem admitting that I was smarter 25 years ago than I am today. I was also more intellectually capable back then in almost every way, but I do consider myself more experienced today. Experience and old age do not necessarily make a person better in any way, though, they just mean you are older. Thinking old age makes you better in any way is just plain stupid! Unfortunately, human stupidity may be the only infinite thing in this universe.
Carpe diem!

Juan I don't think people should go around claiming one is more intelligent than the other or vice-versa. It leads to a circle-jerk and dick measuring contest that ends up nowhere. In a way, it becomes a distraction. Good day

This is hilarious, JuanP talking to himself with his newly minted 11/06/20 sock. LOL.
realgreenadaptation.blog
REAL Green
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby JuanP » Wed 25 Nov 2020, 12:39:36

JuanP wrote:
OutcastPhilosopher wrote:Just because I am younger than the boomer crowd means nothing. Age is no metric in determining knowledge or experience.

Age is a metric for intelligence, though, with human intelligence peaking around the age of 23 to 25 years old. So, you are closer to your intelligence peak than most of the rest of us here. I am smart and honest enough to have absolutely no problem admitting that I was smarter 25 years ago than I am today. I was also more intellectually capable back then in almost every way, but I do consider myself more experienced today. Experience and old age do not necessarily make a person better in any way, though, they just mean you are older. Thinking old age makes you better in any way is just plain stupid! Unfortunately, human stupidity may be the only infinite thing in this universe.
Carpe diem!

Juan I don't think people should go around claiming one is more intelligent than the other or vice-versa. It leads to a circle-jerk and dick measuring contest that ends up nowhere. In a way, it becomes a distraction. Good day

I did not say anyone was more stupid than anybody else. No personal attacks there, just facts. Some people are smarter than others. And I was paraphrasing Einstein on the infinity of human stupidity. I admire your intention, though, but you misunderstood my post. You should read it again more carefully.
"Human stupidity has no limits" JuanP
JuanP
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby OutcastPhilosopher » Wed 25 Nov 2020, 12:43:46

JuanP wrote:
JuanP wrote:

Carpe diem!

I did not say anyone was more stupid than anybody else. No personal attacks there, just facts. Some people are smarter than others. And I was paraphrasing Einstein on the infinity of human stupidity. I admire your intention, though, but you misunderstood my post. You should read it again more carefully.

I don't disagree with your post at all, perhaps I should have said that first off.
I just don't care for people claiming to be more intelligent than anyone else. There is no point in doing such a thing. Sometimes it is a bit difficult to translate the overall thought through a message board on such matters.
The hand that gives is above the hand that takes
OutcastPhilosopher
Permanently Banned

Unread postby JuanP » Wed 25 Nov 2020, 12:56:53

JuanP wrote:
JuanP wrote:Age is a metric for intelligence, though, with human intelligence peaking around the age of 23 to 25 years old. So, you are closer to your intelligence peak than most of the rest of us here. I am smart and honest enough to have absolutely no problem admitting that I was smarter 25 years ago than I am today. I was also more intellectually capable back then in almost every way, but I do consider myself more experienced today. Experience and old age do not necessarily make a person better in any way, though, they just mean you are older. Thinking old age makes you better in any way is just plain stupid! Unfortunately, human stupidity may be the only infinite thing in this universe.
Carpe diem!

I don't disagree with your post at all, perhaps I should have said that first off.
I just don't care for people claiming to be more intelligent than anyone else. There is no point in doing such a thing. Sometimes it is a bit difficult to translate the overall thought through a message board on such matters.

I completely agree. I did not say, though, that I was smarter than anyone else, just that I am smart enough to understand my own flaws and limitations and honest enough to accept them. While it is a fact of life that some people are smarter than others, I totally agree that claiming to be smarter than another person is counterproductive, particularly in forums like this.
"Human stupidity has no limits" JuanP
JuanP
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby REAL Green » Wed 25 Nov 2020, 13:59:46

JuanP wrote:I completely agree. I did not say, though, that I was smarter than anyone else, just that I am smart enough to understand my own flaws and limitations and honest enough to accept them. While it is a fact of life that some people are smarter than others, I totally agree that claiming to be smarter than another person is counterproductive, particularly in forums like this.

Wow, JuanP is taking this whole newly minted sock thing to the nth degree. You have lost it JuanP!
realgreenadaptation.blog
REAL Green
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby mustang19 » Thu 26 Nov 2020, 17:07:15

There are two scenarios here: mad max (high prices) and hunger games.

Mad max doesnt happen because eroi causes investment to collapse and oil by itself is useless, so nobody fights over oil.

Hunger games is inflation in end products like food and gasoline. During social collapse hyperinflation causes food prices to spike.

This will happen within a year.
mustang19
Permanently Banned

Unread postby AdamB » Fri 27 Nov 2020, 21:35:08

REAL Green wrote:This is hilarious, JuanP talking to himself with his newly minted 11/06/20 sock. LOL.

Really? Interesting!! Short just came back as Mustang19, and someone else spotted him in like the first page of his posting. I was willing to give him the shadow of a doubt, but as with most folks, he has no ability to "think" as it were, any other way.

I haven't seen him engage with any of his other sock puppets though.

I hadn't paid enough attention to JuanP to match that username to Outcast, but come to think of it, yeah, they do revolve around similar concepts. I don't catch the nuance enough among the "angels on the head of a pin" posters though. Technical angles, those I can spot a mile away, but those contemplating the mysteries within their navels, that I can't do with some study.
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby AdamB » Fri 27 Nov 2020, 21:45:17

mustang19 wrote:Hunger games is inflation in end products like food and gasoline. During social collapse hyperinflation causes food prices to spike.

Wanna bet?

Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Fri 27 Nov 2020, 23:15:56

mustang19 wrote:There are two scenarios here: mad max (high prices) and hunger games.

Mad max doesnt happen because eroi causes investment to collapse and oil by itself is useless, so nobody fights over oil.

Hunger games is inflation in end products like food and gasoline. During social collapse hyperinflation causes food prices to spike.

It's amazing how the doomer crowd shows up, makes the same claims without foundation, year after year, decade after decade, same as it ever was. Always wrong re results, and always confident they're right.

Why not, say, get a life and do something productive with your time?
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby mustang19 » Sat 28 Nov 2020, 02:21:38

AdamB wrote:
mustang19 wrote:Hunger games is inflation in end products like food and gasoline. During social collapse hyperinflation causes food prices to spike.

Wanna bet?

Yes, write a contract, however much you want.

There is no doomer crowd, there is the hubbert curve
mustang19
Permanently Banned

Unread postby AdamB » Sun 29 Nov 2020, 21:17:06

mustang19 wrote:
AdamB wrote:

Wanna bet?

And what good is a contract, with a known welsher?

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Mon 30 Nov 2020, 03:37:25

mustang19 wrote:
AdamB wrote:

Wanna bet?

There is no doomer crowd, there is the hubbert curve

And of course, YOU can time it precisely because you can randomly type shiite on the internet.

Well, OK then. :roll:
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Previous

Return to Peak Oil Discussion