Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Homeowners could be sued in Trayvon Martin case

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: Homeowners could be sued in Trayvon Martin case

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Thu 05 Apr 2012, 07:58:09

How come Canada and Finland have similar gun ownership and cultural violence in the form of screen entertainments, yet kill each other 10 times less than Americans?
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby Cloud9 » Thu 05 Apr 2012, 08:34:46

We have a sub culture that has idealized gangsters.
Cloud9
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Umber » Thu 05 Apr 2012, 12:34:36

Cloud9 wrote:We have a sub culture that has idealized gangsters.

Exactly.
Umber

Unread postby Pretorian » Thu 05 Apr 2012, 14:20:38

SeaGypsy wrote:How come Canada and Finland have similar gun ownership and cultural violence in the form of screen entertainments, yet kill each other 10 times less than Americans?

If you compare demographics of all 3 countries, I'm sure you'll figure it out.
Pretorian
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby dinopello » Thu 05 Apr 2012, 22:37:56

Pretorian wrote:
Cloud9 wrote:We have a sub culture that has idealized gangsters.

First of all not we but they, second, any behavior is a reaction between intelligence and hormone levels. This is why young males with low IQs have a lion share of violent and /or stupid crimes. This has always been the case and it always will be, regardless of "culture".

Bieber !

He's totally gangsta.
dinopello
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Cloud9 » Fri 06 Apr 2012, 08:22:48

A specific brand of the entertainment industry has set the moral codes for a sizable minority of our population. Wannabes all over the country don gangster attire and flash their gang signs. They adorn themselves with tats, refer to their girl friends as hoes and congratulate themselves on being pimps. They glorify gang activity and relish mob violence. Fights in school are many times no longer mono el mono. These fights oftentimes exhibit a level of rage and violence that is difficult to believe. It is clear to anyone who wants to look at the videos that these kids are trying to kill or hospitalize their victims. A number of my former students are either in the ground or in prison for ever and it is the direct result of them trying to live out a movie script.

So the crowd that has capitalized this brand may delude themselves by saying what they are spewing out is entertainment, but for a lot of these kids it is real life.
Cloud9
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby rangerone314 » Fri 06 Apr 2012, 22:09:51

If Bieber went to prison, he'd be married off pretty quickly.
An ideology is by definition not a search for TRUTH-but a search for PROOF that its point of view is right

Equals barter and negotiate-people with power just take

You cant defend freedom by eliminating it-unknown

Our elected reps should wear sponsor patches on their suits so we know who they represent-like Nascar-Roy
rangerone314
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby AgentR11 » Sat 07 Apr 2012, 11:31:17

Cloud9 wrote:These fights oftentimes exhibit a level of rage and violence that is difficult to believe. It is clear to anyone who wants to look at the videos that these kids are trying to kill or hospitalize their victims.

It's not difficult at all to believe; observe other primates, when groups fight, they don't fight for display or show, they fight to kill and maim.

We have but a thin veneer of civilization and culture between our modern selves, and what we are naturally. Unfortunately for all who'd prefer to live quietly and peacefully; this veneer does not stand up well to hard use, and at the moment, the forces of our culture and situation are going at it with sledgehammers.
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby rangerone314 » Sat 07 Apr 2012, 13:25:58

AgentR11 wrote:We have but a thin veneer of civilization and culture between our modern selves, and what we are naturally. Unfortunately for all who'd prefer to live quietly and peacefully; this veneer does not stand up well to hard use, and at the moment, the forces of our culture and situation are going at it with sledgehammers.

I then we each need to ask ourselves two questions: how long with the thin veneer last, and what group am I going to be in when the veneer is gone.
An ideology is by definition not a search for TRUTH-but a search for PROOF that its point of view is right

Our elected reps should wear sponsor patches on their suits so we know who they represent-like Nascar-Roy
rangerone314
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby AgentR11 » Sat 07 Apr 2012, 13:37:56

Nah, when its gone, its gone, no need to get anxious about it ahead of time. None of us Internet Keyboard Commanders get much (if any) say in the matter.

As to which group? That was decided at the moment of our birth.
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Pretorian » Sun 08 Apr 2012, 12:49:46

AgentR11 wrote:
Cloud9 wrote:These fights oftentimes exhibit a level of rage and violence that is difficult to believe. It is clear to anyone who wants to look at the videos that these kids are trying to kill or hospitalize their victims.

It's not difficult at all to believe; observe other primates, when groups fight, they don't fight for display or show, they fight to kill and maim.

I also wonder why Cloud and a few others call them " kids". I think using euphemisms to identify adult apes is a part of the problem.
Pretorian
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby rangerone314 » Sun 08 Apr 2012, 18:33:36

AgentR11 wrote:Nah, when its gone, its gone, no need to get anxious about it ahead of time. None of us Internet Keyboard Commanders get much (if any) say in the matter.

As to which group? That was decided at the moment of our birth.

Well you have race, but you can also have religion as a dividing line.

rangerone314
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby AgentR11 » Sun 08 Apr 2012, 20:00:02

I was thinking more along the lines of class and intellect.
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby rangerone314 » Sun 08 Apr 2012, 20:32:26

AgentR11 wrote:I was thinking more along the lines of class and intellect.

Well, at least if I don't have one, I have the other, LOL.

rangerone314
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Serial_Worrier » Mon 09 Apr 2012, 18:58:07

pstarr wrote:American are paranoid idiots when it comes to home security. Mechanical steel gates adjoining unprotected twiggy little woods. Houses lit like Christmas. I laugh at that. I imagine a B&E guy scouting out my neighbors house with his binocs. He can see every path, window, door entry and exit point because the entire property is lit for SALE all the time. Let somebody try something on my darkened private little low-energy compound. I will be stalking them before they even come near the house. :twisted: I know my land and house. He will be tripping on his own feet.

Anyway, most home invasions, burglaries, and theft are between acquaintances. Home security is mostly a stupid waste of time for paranoid idiots.

You don't know what the hell you're talking about.
Serial_Worrier
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Cloud9 » Mon 09 Apr 2012, 19:48:33

I have New Yorkers to the North and West of me. They run floods all night. The rest of the area is pretty dark. I find it curious.
Cloud9
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Fiddlerdave » Tue 10 Apr 2012, 15:26:22

Pretorian wrote:
AgentR11 wrote:

I also wonder why Cloud and a few others call them " kids". I think using euphemisms to identify adult apes is a part of the problem.
I think identifying kids as "apes" is a part of the problem.
Fiddlerdave
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Cog » Tue 10 Apr 2012, 18:47:06

Not when they act like apes.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Pretorian » Tue 10 Apr 2012, 19:31:49

Fiddlerdave wrote:
Pretorian wrote:
AgentR11 wrote:

I think identifying kids as "apes" is a part of the problem.

Obviously no normal person can confuse young goats with apes, of any age. They look totally different. Hence you can understand my bewilderment when somebody is trying to pass Trayvon Martin, an adult ape , as a young kid.
Pretorian
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Cloud9 » Tue 10 Apr 2012, 20:57:20

When you are 18, you have reached the age of consent. When you are 21 you are an adult. The kid was 17.
Cloud9
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

PreviousNext

Return to North America Discussion