Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Homeowners could be sued in Trayvon Martin case

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: Homeowners could be sued in Trayvon Martin case

Unread postby Lore » Tue 16 Jul 2013, 18:17:38

PrestonSturges wrote:
Oneaboveall wrote:I @#%$&* hate prosecutors:

Well we never heard about Zimmermans actual arrest record either. But TM's cell phone information wasn't known? It was certainly out there on the internet, and that would seem to only lead back to the IT guy who got fired. If he was giving evidence directly to the defense and posting it online, that seems like a whole series of actual crimes.

Oh well, I think the one thing we can all agree on is that the prosecution did a shit job.

I think we can safely say the prosecution did a poor job of approving the jurors. Specially after I heard the interview with one of them and Anderson Cooper.

Anderson Cooper Discusses Interview with Juror B37
http://newday.blogs.cnn.com/2013/07/16/ ... juror-b37/
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
... Theodore Roosevelt
Lore
Fission
Fission

Unread postby careinke » Tue 16 Jul 2013, 19:33:05

Why does the media keep using a picture of TM that is over seven years old? Even with my limited internet skills I can find more recent pictures, Like these:

http://imgur.com/a/fA2sz#0

Looking at his build and size, I would probably use a gun against him if he was on top of me and pounding my "creepy cracker a$$ face." The Jury said not guilty, live with it.
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby John_A » Tue 16 Jul 2013, 23:21:09

careinke wrote:Why does the media keep using a picture of TM that is over seven years old? Even with my limited internet skills I can find more recent pictures, Like these:

Looking at his build and size, I would probably use a gun against him if he was on top of me and pounding my "creepy cracker a$$ face." The Jury said not guilty, live with it.

Maybe George IS lucky Trayvon didn't get the gun.
45ACP: For when you want to send the very best.
John_A
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby John_A » Tue 16 Jul 2013, 23:30:01

Lore wrote:I think we can safely say the prosecution did a poor job of approving the jurors. Specially after I heard the interview with one of them and Anderson Cooper.

Juror sounded pretty much normal America to me. Okay fine, a Floridian, but they are Americans too ya know. So now the only way political hit jobs by TPTB on citizens defending themselves is to handpick Trayvon's relatives, sisters, brothers, uncles, aunts and mother? Yeah...what a bummer for the prosecution that couldn't happen. Obviously their choirboy brother, nephew and son didn't really mean to be seen smacking that po' crackers head on the ground and the shot which killed him was obviously premeditated murder planned weeks in advance, maneuver the choirboy into the position of someone stomping a cracker and then use it as nothing but an excuse to kill him!
John_A
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby PrestonSturges » Wed 17 Jul 2013, 05:24:56

John_A wrote:
Lore wrote:I think we can safely say the prosecution did a poor job of approving the jurors. Specially after I heard the interview with one of them and Anderson Cooper.

Juror sounded pretty much normal America to me. Okay fine, a Floridian, but they are Americans too ya know.
She admitted that she violated the sequester by discussing the case with her lawyer husband (obvious mistrial there) and she seemed to think that Zimmerman's uncle was the Medical Examiner.
PrestonSturges
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby John_A » Wed 17 Jul 2013, 13:13:40

PrestonSturges wrote:
John_A wrote:

Juror sounded pretty much normal America to me. Okay fine, a Floridian, but they are Americans too ya know.
She admitted that she violated the sequester by discussing the case with her lawyer husband (obvious mistrial there) and she seemed to think that Zimmerman's uncle was the Medical Examiner.

The other jurors speak out about how difficult it was, and how they followed the law. Suddenly, the law is looking pretty good!.

“Serving on this jury has been a highly emotional and physically draining experience for each of us. The death of a teenager weighed heavily on our hearts but in the end we did what the law required us to do.”

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/07 ... rdict?lite
John_A
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby John_A » Wed 17 Jul 2013, 13:20:58

Jimmy Carter says Zimmerman jury got it right. While his opinion is of less than zero value in all affairs of the collective, be it the country, energy, international diplomacy or anything else of consequence, as a citizen he is entitled to an opinion just like the rest of us.

"Former president Jimmy Carter said the jury in the George Zimmerman trial "made the right decision" and agrees with President Obama that Americans should respect its judgment."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/poli ... r/2524809/
John_A
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby PrestonSturges » Wed 17 Jul 2013, 13:58:19

John_A wrote:"Former president Jimmy Carter said the jury in the George Zimmerman trial "made the right decision" and agrees with President Obama that Americans should respect its judgment."
Whether he actually agrees or not, in situations like this an elder statesman's job is to blow sunshine up our ass.
PrestonSturges
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby John_A » Wed 17 Jul 2013, 15:32:26

PrestonSturges wrote:
John_A wrote:"Former president Jimmy Carter said the jury in the George Zimmerman trial "made the right decision" and agrees with President Obama that Americans should respect its judgment."
Whether he actually agrees or not, in situations like this an elder statesman's job is to blow sunshine up our ass.

Sure, but Jimmy was never very good at that either. The Days of Malaise! Running out of Oil! Old Ladies Freezing for Lack of Natural Gas in New England! Lions and Tigers and Bears!

Maybe he has reverse Alzheimer's....he had it when he was younger, and now that he is older it is fading away and he is thinking better now.
John_A
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby PrestonSturges » Wed 17 Jul 2013, 16:52:37

John_A wrote:
PrestonSturges wrote:

Sure, but Jimmy was never very good at that either. The Days of Malaise! Running out of Oil! Old Ladies Freezing for Lack of Natural Gas in New England! Lions and Tigers and Bears!

People like you just make me really sad. He never said "malaise." The big oil embargo happened under Nixon and Ford, although there were gas lines in 1978 under Carter. The big shortage of natural gas also occurred in the early 70's under Ford I think. Extremely high inflation? Under Ford's watch, because he eased Nixon's "wage-price controls."
PrestonSturges
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby John_A » Fri 19 Jul 2013, 01:05:57

PrestonSturges wrote:
John_A wrote:
PrestonSturges wrote:

People like you just make me really sad. He never said "malaise."

He said "crisis of confidence". When Presidents pull boners and blame the results of their bad acts, inaction, and/or incompetence on their constituents, it is perfectly legitimate for those he was whining about to think about it in just a tad different way.

PrestonSturges wrote:The big oil embargo happened under Nixon and Ford, although there were gas lines in 1978 under Carter. The big shortage of natural gas also occurred in the early 70's under Ford I think. Extremely high inflation? Under Ford's watch, because he eased Nixon's "wage-price controls."

And then Jimmy came along and decided that the proper response to bad people on the planet invading their neighbors was to boycott sporting events. Jimmy decided that taxing the oil companies so that they would leave the country for greener pastures was a good idea, thought that using as much coal as we could as fast as we could would make up for the lack of natural gas (LACK of natural gas...yes...our President the resource genius), he then decided to get a bunch of fine folks killed in a foreign land to accomplish nothing because micro managing things into a disaster (be it a rescue operation, energy policy, the economy in general) appeared to be the thing he had a talent for.

And now he thinks Zimmerman was spot on. Good for him, after being punked by North Korea, I was hoping he would come back around to his senses, it is still a "crisis of confidence" for the country just about any time that guy opens his mouth otherwise.
John_A
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby John_A » Fri 19 Jul 2013, 14:49:00

Breaking News! Obama says he too might have grounded and pounded on Zimmerman!

"President Barack Obama made a surprise appearance at the White House Friday to discuss African-Americans' reaction to last weekend's verdict in the George Zimmerman case, saying that “Trayvon Martin "could have been me 35 years ago."

Why in the world would the President have wanted to whup it up on other people in some public place? Back then there were far fewer carry states, so he would have been much safer doing it, but still.

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/20 ... ve-been-me
John_A
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby careinke » Fri 19 Jul 2013, 14:57:05

Frankly, I now believe Obama is a race baiting idiot. Gee, lets dis the judicial system, and try to divide the country, on a Friday Night, with a huge heat wave going on.

His actions were so un-presidential I am frankly dumbfounded. 8O
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby PrestonSturges » Fri 19 Jul 2013, 17:33:48

careinke wrote:Why does the media keep using a picture of TM that is over seven years old? Even with my limited internet skills I can find more recent pictures, Like these:

His build????

You can find other photos from 9 days before his death, autopsy said he was 5'10" and 160 lbs, which is actually rather puny for someone that just turned 17. I was that size at 14. He looks like he's just the right size to wear men's medium t-shirt with room to grow.

Care to estimate the size of his neck, even in the photos you link to? I'd say about 14" maybe.
PrestonSturges
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby PrestonSturges » Fri 19 Jul 2013, 17:38:24

careinke wrote:Frankly, I now believe Obama is a race baiting idiot. Gee, lets dis the judicial system, and try to divide the country, on a Friday Night, with a huge heat wave going on.

His actions were so un-presidential I am frankly dumbfounded. 8O
Really that just popped into your head all of a sudden?
PrestonSturges
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Oneaboveall » Mon 22 Jul 2013, 19:45:24

As if we needed more reasons to distrust the media:

Zimmerman emerges to help family escape overturned car in Sanford, Fla.

Police say George Zimmerman helped rescue a family trapped in an overturned vehicle off a Florida highway last week, Zimmerman's first known public sighting since his acquittal in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin.
The incident occurred on July 17 in Sanford, Fla., near the intersection of Interstate 4 and State Road 46, officials confirmed to NBC News. The rescue was first reported by ABC News.
Zimmerman and another man were assisting a family of four when officers with the Seminole County Sheriff's Office arrived on the scene of the accident. A blue Ford Explorer had traveled off the road and rolled over, according to officials.
Zimmerman and the other man were helping the two children and their parents get out of the overturned vehicle, the Seminole County Sheriff’s Office said. The former neighborhood watch volunteer left the scene after making contact with police and did not witness the crash.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/07 ... d-fla?lite

Sounds like this guy really doesn't fit the portrait the media tried to portray.

Hopefully I won't sound like Pretorian, but I found this article on Opposingviews.com:

List Of Trayvon Martin Supporters Making Retaliatory Attacks Grows:

The Trayvon Martin case has sparked violent outbursts from angry protesters on both sides of the fence. Unfortunately, the list of violent incidents continues to grow...

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/ ... cks-grows#
When the banksters want something, our policymakers move with the speed of Mercury and the determination of Ares. It’s only when the rest of us need something that there is paralysis.

How free are we today with the dominance of globalist capital and militarized security apparatus?
Oneaboveall
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Subjectivist » Mon 22 Jul 2013, 21:08:30

Why are some people so consumed withthe desire for vengence when they were not even periferally known to either party? Vengence is for God, we need to forgive one another and work together to build a better world.
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby PrestonSturges » Mon 22 Jul 2013, 23:35:59

Can't they just riot after sports champions like white boys?

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegebasketb ... ins-040312

“In America the rioting is typically with young white males, and it’s always after championship play or an important playoff game,” said Jerry M. Lewis, a professor emeritus of sociology at Kent State University and the author of the book, “Sports Fan Violence in North America.” “Why do they do it? It’s a way they identify with the victory. Fan violence becomes an act of sporting success. They can’t dunk a basketball, but they can be violent, which is a metaphor for athletic success.”
PrestonSturges
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby John_A » Tue 23 Jul 2013, 23:17:25

Not able to configure the Martin/Zimmerman case to the desired end, it is now time to begin casting about for other characters to help make the point. After all, we can't have people defending themselves, and we can't make racial points if we are just talking about African-American/South-American self defense cases, we now need others to continue the furor (hopefully to an end more to TPTBs liking).

There's another face appearing on protest signs and pamphlets at Trayvon Martin rallies across the country.

The story of Marissa Alexander, who is serving a 20-year prison sentence for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, is gaining national attention through online petitions, social media and protests in the aftermath of the George Zimmerman acquittal.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... d/2575419/
John_A
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Cog » Tue 26 Feb 2019, 20:18:28

Its been seven years since Zimmerman put future Nobel prize winner Trayvon Martin on a slab. A moment of silence please while we consider this great loss to humanity.

Cog
Fusion
Fusion

PreviousNext

Return to North America Discussion