Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Globalists Want To Cull 90% Of World’s Population

Re: How did the population grow to over 7 billion people?

Unread postby Timo » Fri 07 Nov 2014, 16:44:19

MonteQuest wrote:
DesuMaiden wrote:
MonteQuest wrote:Too much sugar was put into the petri dish.

What do you mean by sugar?

If we take a petri dish of yeast and add a bunch of sugar to it, what happens is the yeast grows exponentially until they suddenly die in their own waste.

As will we.
Timo

Unread postby MonteQuest » Fri 07 Nov 2014, 16:46:05

Timo wrote:So, in essence, ebola has been introduced into our petri dish to control the overshoot of our population. Am i understanding that right?

Yes, just one of many zoonotic diseases to raise it's ugly head to prey upon the human race.

One day, perhaps Ebola will get away from us like the Spanish Flu of 1918.

Google Spanish Flu 1918. "This pandemic has been described as "the greatest medical holocaust in history" and may have killed more people than the Black Death. It is said that this flu killed more people in 24 weeks than AIDS has killed in 24 years, more in a year than the Black Death killed in a century."
A Saudi saying, "My father rode a camel. I drive a car. My son flies a jet-plane. His son will ride a camel."
MonteQuest
Expert
Expert

Unread postby DesuMaiden » Sat 08 Nov 2014, 06:39:02

MonteQuest wrote:
DesuMaiden wrote:
MonteQuest wrote:Too much sugar was put into the petri dish.

What do you mean by sugar?

If we take a petri dish of yeast and add a bunch of sugar to it, what happens is the yeast grows exponentially until they suddenly die in their own waste.

That is what is happening on the Earth right now. Too many people...producing too much waste
History repeats itself. Just everytime with different characters and players.
DesuMaiden
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Newfie » Sat 08 Nov 2014, 09:37:25

Sad, isn't it!
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby DesuMaiden » Sat 08 Nov 2014, 14:45:44

Was it because of fossil fuels that the population grew to over 7 billion people? Or is there some other reason?
DesuMaiden
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby MonteQuest » Sat 08 Nov 2014, 15:30:37

DesuMaiden wrote:Was it because of fossil fuels that the population grew to over 7 billion people? Or is there some other reason?

Fossil fuels caused the population to go into "overshoot" and grow exponentially, yes.

What the population would have reached without them is hard to say, but billions less.

We wouldn't have any trees to speak of, and a lot fewer animals, probably just domestic livestock and nothing in the wild.

No cars, probably some steam powered stuff. Lots of small scale ingenuity.

A world made by hand as Kunstler says.
A Saudi saying, "My father rode a camel. I drive a car. My son flies a jet-plane. His son will ride a camel."
MonteQuest
Expert
Expert

Unread postby DesuMaiden » Sat 08 Nov 2014, 15:42:57

MonteQuest wrote:
DesuMaiden wrote:Was it because of fossil fuels that the population grew to over 7 billion people? Or is there some other reason?

Fossil fuels caused the population to go into "overshoot" and grow exponentially, yes.

What the population would have reached without them is hard to say, but billions less.

That was the answer I was looking for...
DesuMaiden
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby MonteQuest » Sat 08 Nov 2014, 18:02:04

Biomass Population – population growth due to biomass energy
Coal Population – population growth due to coal
Oil Population – population growth due to oil
Natural Gas Population- population growth due to natural gas

http://www.resilience.org/stories/2009-04-20/peak-people-interrelationship-between-population-growth-and-energy-resources
MonteQuest
Expert
Expert

Unread postby MD » Sat 08 Nov 2014, 18:23:47

I concluded a long time ago that we are living in a population bloom of immense magnitude.I was nine years old reading the Encyclopedia Britannica that my mother had just finished purchasing one volume at a time for... 30 months or so?

I used to sit and browse them for hours while having many epiphanies about the human condition.

I asked my dad about it and he said (paraphrased). "Yes, human kind is in the process of f*cking itself into extinction. Eventually Mother Earth will solve the problem though, so don't worry about it."

It took me many years to see that whole picture, and it's been a helluva ride!
Stop filling dumpsters, as much as you possibly can, and everything will get better.

Just think it through.
It's not hard to do.
MD
COB
COB

Unread postby DesuMaiden » Sat 08 Nov 2014, 18:29:51

MonteQuest wrote:Biomass Population – population growth due to biomass energy
Coal Population – population growth due to coal
Oil Population – population growth due to oil
Natural Gas Population- population growth due to natural gas

http://www.resilience.org/stories/2009-04-20/peak-people-interrelationship-between-population-growth-and-energy-resources

According to Michael Ruppert, the population went into overshoot thanks to fossil fuels. He was the first person I heard who said that the population went into overshoot because of fossil fuels
DesuMaiden
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Newfie » Sat 08 Nov 2014, 19:59:37

Monte,

Neat graph, where did it come from? I don't see it in the linked article.

No time to read right now, off to opera!
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby DesuMaiden » Sun 09 Nov 2014, 23:33:53

MD wrote:I concluded a long time ago that we are living in a population bloom of immense magnitude.I was nine years old reading the Encyclopedia Britannica that my mother had just finished purchasing one volume at a time for... 30 months or so?

I used to sit and browse them for hours while having many epiphanies about the human condition.

I asked my dad about it and he said (paraphrased). "Yes, human kind is in the process of f*cking itself into extinction. Eventually Mother Earth will solve the problem though, so don't worry about it."

Like all population booms, this can't last forever. Eventually the population will crash.
DesuMaiden
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby DesuMaiden » Sun 09 Nov 2014, 23:34:44

MD wrote:I concluded a long time ago that we are living in a population bloom of immense magnitude.I was nine years old reading the Encyclopedia Britannica that my mother had just finished purchasing one volume at a time for... 30 months or so?

Like all population booms, this can't last forever. Eventually the population will crash. I don't believe this planet can sustain 7 billion people in the long run.
DesuMaiden
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Newfie » Mon 10 Nov 2014, 16:43:29

One billion looks about right.

Ah, so this is the tread with the graph I was looking for.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby DesuMaiden » Sat 15 Nov 2014, 05:30:10

A better question is when will this population crash occur? I would like to know that.
DesuMaiden
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Sat 15 Nov 2014, 05:57:35

DesuMaiden wrote:A better question is when will this population crash occur? I would like to know that.
My crystal ball has a bum computer chip in it so I can't say. Might be more then a decade out or there maybe a flight from west Africa to Dhaka Bangladesh right now carrying an Ebola walker that will change everything.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby MonteQuest » Sat 15 Nov 2014, 19:24:26

DesuMaiden wrote:A better question is when will this population crash occur? I would like to know that.

When global economies can no longer grow. When credit becomes impossible.

These are the preludes to an economic crash that will precede a biological one. IMHO.

It will start slow or has already, as we see the IMF stating that growth as we knew it pre- 2008 will never return.

When the over-leveraged markets get wind of no more growth, the snowball will roll.

Starvation won't kill the first casualties, other humans will.

Scarcity breeds poverty, and poverty breeds conflict.
MonteQuest
Expert
Expert

Unread postby DesuMaiden » Sun 16 Nov 2014, 10:44:47

MonteQuest wrote:

When global economies can no longer grow. When credit becomes impossible.

These are the preludes to an economic crash that will precede a biological one. IMHO.

It will start slow or has already, as we see the IMF stating that growth as we knew it pre- 2008 will never return.

When the over-leveraged markets get wind of no more growth, the snowball will roll.

Starvation won't kill the first casualties, other humans will.

Scarcity breeds poverty, and poverty breeds conflict.

Global economies will no longer be able to grow after 2020. I believe the end of growth might even happen sooner than that. The collapse of the global economy will happen soon after 2020 when growth is no longer possible. Total collapse of industrialized civilization will happen at around 2030 when there will no longer be enough oil to meet our demand.
DesuMaiden
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Why is population growth declining in developed nations?

Unread postby DesuMaiden » Tue 09 Dec 2014, 00:39:54

If fossil fuels are the main reason behind the rapid growth in population during the last century, then why is it that countries with the most fossil fuel usage per capita (developed nations) experiencing less population growth than countries with the least fossil fuel usage per capita (developing nations)? Shouldn't population growth be more rapid in countries with higher levels of fossil fuel usage per capita rather than countries with lower fossil fuel usage per capita? Why isn't population growth the greatest in developed nations that have larger amounts of food than developing nations, which have smaller amounts of food? I think developed nations should experience the most population growth given that they have more food capita to feed an ever-growing population...instead it is developing nations,with less food per capita, that experience the most rapid growth in population.

Interestingly, countries with less ability to feed themselves are experiencing the most rapid population growth, and the rapid growth in population is even lessening their ability to feed themselves...an example of this would be India, which is experiencing rapid population growth despite their inadequate food supply...same goes with Nigeria...rapid population growth despite inadequate food supply. This is strange and goes against conventional wisdom...which is that increasing the food supply should increase the population. If the food supply in developing nations is so low, then why are they experiencing the most rapid growth in population?

I just find it funny that developing nations are experiencing the most population growth despite their inadequate resources. Yet developed nations are experiencing the least population growth despite their vast quantities of resources.
DesuMaiden
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

PreviousNext

Return to Environment, Weather & Climate