Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Economic outlook from the attacks on SA

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Re: Economic outlook from the attacks on SA

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Sun 22 Sep 2019, 02:53:52

Armageddon wrote:
GHung wrote:Just across the wire, and a live statement from the White House - US sending troops and aircraft to KSA to protect [one of the richest countries in the world] "world oil supplies".
I say it's about time we let the bastards defend their own oil, or those most dependent on it.

I think the US knows that if you knock off anymore oil from the worlds production, it would send us in a deep depression. One that we may not recover from.

Which is even more nonsensical than most of your ranting. Nearly $100 oil for about 4 years wasn't a problem recently. So why would $60 to $80 oil for awhile cause a "deep depression"?

Because you call pretty much ANY down-turn a "crash"? Because you've been constantly wrong about economic doom for a good 8 years now, at least?

Cog is right. Take a walk. At least that would be something productive.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Sys1 » Sun 22 Sep 2019, 03:59:58

Cog : We can't compare what occured in 2008 and what happens now.
Of course, it seems that the attack on SA was not as important as feared, so I don't judge it any more as a major event.
Nevertheless, the debt system became a monster during the last 10 years. Central banks decrease rates and play with negative ones for the first time in economic history, plus QE 1,2,3... happening on a year basis and helicopter money soon.
We obviously never recovered from 2008 so called "crisis", we are heading right to hell. The Ponzi scheme lasts more than expected, but the more it lasts, the worst will be the fall.
Oil doesn't have to skyrocket to 150$ just like 2008 to crash the system, the system is actually already crashed, we are living in a time of illusion, where the purpose of mainstream medias and governments is to pretend everything is fine and under control. Note that it's as true for economic as it is for global warming. Global warming is becoming terrifying, some models predict a +7°C at the end of century. As medias ask if it means we will move around in bikinis, Guy McPherson simply tells it means extinction of mankind. Deny and lies. That's all we have now.
Sys1
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby EnergyUnlimited » Sun 22 Sep 2019, 07:39:11

Sys1 wrote:Global warming is becoming terrifying, some models predict a +7°C at the end of century. As medias ask if it means we will move around in bikinis, Guy McPherson simply tells it means extinction of mankind. Deny and lies. That's all we have now.

Regardless of warming of 2, 5, 7 or even 9 degree, mankind for a while will survive.
Maybe on Siberia, Tibet or antarctic islands but still.
There are other ways how Nature may eradicate humans entirely but moderate GW which I have specified above taken alone is not one of these.
For sure it will end large organized state like structures which we are familiar with but still a far cry from human extinction.

Concerning Guy McPherson, he is either a cheeky man who have found a niche for himself to exploit, but if he really believes in what he says (human extincion by 2030-2035 due to climate change) then he is a madman.
EnergyUnlimited
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Sys1 » Sun 22 Sep 2019, 10:55:17

EnergyUnlimited : You are plainly wrong, a +7°C means something like 14°C more on continents and probably dead oceans. The main problem is not how a human could handle temperatures since we are good at making air conditionning and underground bunkers filled with canned meals.
No, the main problem is there won't be any possibility to grow food. No food, no one. That's exactly why people like Guy Mc Pherson predict extinction.
Sys1
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby asg70 » Sun 22 Sep 2019, 11:34:48

EnergyUnlimited wrote:Regardless of warming of 2, 5, 7 or even 9 degree, mankind for a while will survive.

Not in anything more than a small remnant. That's supposed to provide comfort?

BOLD PREDICTIONS
-Billions are on the verge of starvation as the lockdown continues. (yoshua, 5/20/20)

HALL OF SHAME:
-Short welched on a bet and should be shunned.
-Frequent-flyers should not cry crocodile-tears over climate-change.
asg70
Permanently Banned

Unread postby EnergyUnlimited » Sun 22 Sep 2019, 14:34:57

Sys1 wrote:EnergyUnlimited : You are plainly wrong, a +7°C means something like 14°C more on continents and probably dead oceans. The main problem is not how a human could handle temperatures since we are good at making air conditionning and underground bunkers filled with canned meals.
No, the main problem is there won't be any possibility to grow food. No food, no one. That's exactly why people like Guy Mc Pherson predict extinction.

!4 degree increase would make Greenland quite nice and hospitable. Tibet as well.
Food would be mainly hunted and gathered by few hundreds of thousands or maybe few millions of survivors and only occassionally grown.
Don't worry about oceans. They have survived PETM (10-12 *C warming within 2-3 decades) so they will survive meaky 7*C as well.

Mind you, for many concept of few hundreds of thousands of survivors sounds utterly apocalyptic, for me it is classified as *still very far from extinction*.

@asg70

Who cares?
I won't be there.
Good luck for my offspring.
Fingers cross and hope for the best. :-D
EnergyUnlimited
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Revi » Mon 23 Sep 2019, 13:17:10

Back to the topic of this thread. Why aren't oil prices going up lately? What's going on? A friend thought that the traders feel that the US can take up the slack with fracked oil. Any truth to that? The repo rate is staying stubbornly up despite the Fed dumping in billions every night. Related? What do you think is going on?

Maybe they believe this:
https://www.marketscreener.com/news/Sau ... -29239982/
Deep in the mud and slime of things, even there, something sings.
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Mon 23 Sep 2019, 15:19:06

Revi wrote: The repo rate is staying stubbornly up despite the Fed dumping in billions every night.

Except that, NO, if you look at the Fed data instead of just making stuff up, it's not.

https://apps.newyorkfed.org/markets/aut ... 01/01/2000

When you look at the actual Fed operations, both the average rate and the high rate are consistently BELOW 2% since the first operation on 9/18. And the rates are calming down, with even the highs below 1.9%.

So the averages and the highs are looking like what I get in my government money market accounts and my "high yield" savings accounts -- not the alarming levels that were occurring 9/17 and 9/18.

It's reasonable to ask what's going on and why the Fed feels it needs to keep having large daily repos after the crisis has supposedly passed. (I imagine an abundance of caution, but the fact they feel they need that still can't be a good thing).

It's NOT reasonable to just make stuff up and try to tie that into false conspiracy theories, but of course, that is frequently what fast crash doomers do, over and over again.

The thing is, when they do it often enough, they lose all credibility.

There are enough Starving Lion types around here. How about having reasonable conversations based on facts (as documented by credible sources)?
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby StarvingLion » Wed 25 Sep 2019, 12:12:56

My trigger date for the Oil Apocalypse was 2023.

But it looks like you worthless sacks of shit won't make it to November 2019.

Your worthless "education" pieces of of paper won't even wipe your worthless asses.
Outcast_Searcher is a fraud.
StarvingLion
Permanently Banned

Unread postby StarvingLion » Wed 25 Sep 2019, 12:39:17

Starving Lion types

I'm the greatest genius who ever lived. All my predictions since Aug 2013 are coming true with exact timelines.

You'all soon be investing in my

NeoPlanckian Physics that enables the Zero Dimension Power Plant.

But you little pathetic creatures believe in the "Federal" "Reserves" worthless junk physics and worthless currency....sad.

Then I'll launch an invasion force of Iran and "liberate" it with a million Zero Dimension Flying Machines
StarvingLion
Permanently Banned

Unread postby StarvingLion » Wed 25 Sep 2019, 12:45:43

Revi wrote:Back to the topic of this thread. Why aren't oil prices going up lately? What's going on? A friend thought that the traders feel that the US can take up the slack with fracked oil. Any truth to that? The repo rate is staying stubbornly up despite the Fed dumping in billions every night. Related? What do you think is going on?

Maybe they believe this:

I think Shale Oil is not Oil.

I think Windmills are useless garbage.

I think Solar Panels are not even useless garbage.

I think Shale Gas is so bloody expensive that nobody can afford it.

I think EV's that use lithium are not worth the bother.

And you all know I'm right as usual.

But you sacks of shit believe devoutly in Fake Money. Have fun with that at the closed down food banks.
StarvingLion
Permanently Banned

Unread postby rockdoc123 » Mon 30 Sep 2019, 00:26:39

Is there someway someone here can just ban Starving Lion. I put him on ignore but it seems he wants to take over every thread with complete garbage comments. I'm all for having conversations with everyone of all opinions but he just seems to want to spew stupidity with no intent to be part of a discussion. Pretty much a waste of everyone's time. I actually think he is testing to see how long it takes to get him tossed. Please do him a favor.
rockdoc123
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cog » Mon 30 Sep 2019, 04:16:15

Starving Lion might well represent the brain trust of the doomer clan.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby asg70 » Mon 30 Sep 2019, 13:24:59

rockdoc123 wrote:Is there someway someone here can just ban Starving Lion.

I think most already have him on ignore. It's only when people respond to him that his idiocy shows up. I think Outcast_Searcher is one of the main offenders in actually replying to him, which serves absolutely zero purpose, even less than replying to Short. But I agree that he should be banned because once everyone has him hidden he's just the proverbial tree falling in the forest with nobody there. What's the point?

BOLD PREDICTIONS
-Billions are on the verge of starvation as the lockdown continues. (yoshua, 5/20/20)

HALL OF SHAME:
asg70
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Mon 30 Sep 2019, 15:08:40

asg70 wrote:
rockdoc123 wrote:Is there someway someone here can just ban Starving Lion.

I think most already have him on ignore. It's only when people respond to him that his idiocy shows up. I think Outcast_Searcher is one of the main offenders in actually replying to him, which serves absolutely zero purpose, even less than replying to Short. But I agree that he should be banned because once everyone has him hidden he's just the proverbial tree falling in the forest with nobody there. What's the point?

When we (the non fast crash doomer hysteria crowd) all agree none of us should respond ever to any of the doomer clan, be sure and let me know.

Given how the whole clan is truly clueless re the constant fast crash economic doom mongering, bereft of economic reality, context, etc., etc. if contributing real value is the criteria, they could all safely be banned.

OTOH, I believe in free speech in democracies, at least to the extent it's deemed legal (in order not to try to raise controversy on that point).
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby GHung » Mon 30 Sep 2019, 16:48:36

Outcast_Searcher wrote: ........
When we (the non fast crash doomer hysteria crowd) all agree none of us should respond ever to any of the doomer clan, be sure and let me know. ......

When we, the few who still comment here, can all agree on Outcast_Searcher's criteria of who, and who doesn't, fit into the so-called "fast crash doomer hysteria crowd", be sure and let me know. Especially concerning is the part where they've all banded together into a "clan".
That's some scary chit, O_S 8O
Blessed are the Meek, for they shall inherit nothing but their Souls. - Anonymous Ghung Person
GHung
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby EnergyUnlimited » Mon 30 Sep 2019, 17:13:14

StarvingLion wrote:
Starving Lion types

I'm the greatest genius who ever lived.

With the exception of me.
All my predictions since Aug 2013 are coming true with exact timelines.

That is not impressive at all.
All my predictions were correct from 2007 onwards

You'all soon be investing in my
NeoPlanckian Physics that enables the Zero Dimension Power Plant.

I certainly wont.
Have designed my own transplanckian physics and can draw virtually infinite energy from singularity which I have created in my basement.
But you little pathetic creatures believe in the "Federal" "Reserves" worthless junk physics and worthless currency....sad.

I don't "believe" only spend them.
Then I'll launch an invasion force of Iran and "liberate" it with a million Zero Dimension Flying Machines

You have underestimated Iranians.
They have already mastered supeluminal hyperspacial drives and could time-loop your Zero Dimensional Flaying Machines into spaciotemporal regions of subuniverse not connected with our timeline geodesics.
EnergyUnlimited
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Pops » Mon 30 Sep 2019, 18:41:25

Revi wrote:Back to the topic of this thread. Why aren't oil prices going up lately? What's going on?

BUSINESS NEWS SEPTEMBER 30, 2019 / 9:16 AM
FUJAIRAH, United Arab Emirates (Reuters) - Saudi Aramco has restored full oil production and capacity to the levels they were at before attacks on its facilities on Sept. 14, the chief executive officer of its trading arm, Ibrahim Al-Buainain, said on Monday.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-saud ... SKBN1WF1T0
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby asg70 » Mon 30 Sep 2019, 18:59:33

The hysteria regarding this event will soon blow over.

Nothing to see here, folks. Move along, move along.

BOLD PREDICTIONS

HALL OF SHAME:
asg70
Permanently Banned

Unread postby GHung » Mon 30 Sep 2019, 19:25:12

asg70 wrote:The hysteria regarding this event will soon blow over.

Nothing to see here, folks. Move along, move along.

It's a good thing. Seems the Saudis are capable of handling their own affairs and we can stop spending $billions protecting their oil and economy.
Blessed are the Meek, for they shall inherit nothing but their Souls. - Anonymous Ghung Person
GHung
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

PreviousNext

Return to Economics & Finance