Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Dohboi's Killing The Planet Threads

Dohboi's Killing The Planet Threads

Unread postby Subjectivist » Fri 10 Jul 2020, 16:33:01

II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: Dohboi's Killing The Planet Threads

Unread postby Plantagenet » Fri 10 Jul 2020, 16:41:48

I'm getting worried about Doh.

In addition to all the interesting threads Doh created about various ways to kill the planet, S/he has been updating us regularly on George Floyd and the protests and the looting and the arson and the politics and the organic stew and bio-degradable cakes she was making for all the BLM protest meetings and all the other interesting things going on in Minneapolis .... and now there are no posts at all from Doh.

Doh....I hope everything is still going OK there in the police-free zone of the liberated area of the city of Minneapolis......

Cheers!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby dohboi » Fri 10 Jul 2020, 17:10:18

Thanks for the concern, P.

Had to take some time to take care of health issues in my extended family (non-covid related).

You'll have to give me some time to think up a few more 'Killing The Planet' threads, I'm afraid :lol: :lol: :lol:
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Unread postby AdamB » Fri 10 Jul 2020, 23:07:13

What's the problem? When the original premise of the website turned out to be a dud,what's wrong with doomers doin' a different doom?

If there is one thing I have learned over the years,it was that all of this was never about peak oil. It was about playing in the doom fantasy league game! Discredited by logic, reality, history, spin the doom wheel to find the next fantasy league topic!
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Plantagenet » Fri 10 Jul 2020, 23:24:36

AdamB wrote: ... doom fantasy...

Right-O. Those evil thermometers have all decided to pretend that the weather is getting hotter. Global Warming is a plot cooked up by left wing thermometers around the world!!!!*

Meanwhile, if you're not scientifically illiterate, the data clearly show the planet is warming.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby AdamB » Sat 11 Jul 2020, 00:10:46

Plantagenet wrote:

Right-O. Those evil thermometers have all decided to pretend that the weather is getting hotter. Global Warming is a plot cooked up by left wing thermometers around the world!!!!*

Climate change has been climate change since long before you found out about it.

Just because one species, or a thousand, gets cheesed by it, certainly doesn't stop it from happening. You aren't irritated because a new geologic age was declared 5000 years or so ago because of climate change, and folks haven't gotten around to putting a stamp of approval on the newest one yet are you?

Silly rabbit....

May we continue enjoying the MEGHALAYAN AGE!!!!
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sat 11 Jul 2020, 13:37:52

AdamB wrote:Silly rabbit....

Why the childish name-calling? You're the one who doesn't understand the significance or the implications of global temperature increases.

Global Temperature data show the planet is rapidly warming...see the graph in the post above if you still don't get it.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby asg70 » Sat 11 Jul 2020, 14:04:07

And Plant is the one who doesn't understand the tragedy-of-the-commons aspect of him feeling entitled to pollute the skies flying around the globe.

BOLD PREDICTIONS
-Billions are on the verge of starvation as the lockdown continues. (yoshua, 5/20/20)

HALL OF SHAME:
-Short welched on a bet and should be shunned.
-Frequent-flyers should not cry crocodile-tears over climate-change.
asg70
Permanently Banned

Unread postby AdamB » Sat 11 Jul 2020, 14:33:57

Plantagenet wrote:
AdamB wrote:Silly rabbit....

Why the childish name-calling?

It isn't name calling. It is just a recognition of someone having an....interestingly amusing....idea. About climate change no less! Who on this forum could ever be surprised by this topic? We've all heard of the horrors of climate change! The 6-7m sea level rises in the early Holocene, how the great country of Canada was given to us by global warming, the poor tribes and maybe even civilizations of the Bering Landbridge wiped out by it, human migration at the time at the start of the Meghalayan because of massive global change?

Living within the current changing biosphere doesn't appear to be near as exciting ...from a climate change perspective.

Plantagenet wrote: You're the one who doesn't understand the significance or the implications of global temperature increases.

Now you really are kidding. Are you pretending that current minor changes in temperature,just a fraction of what has happened in the recent past, are something we need to fear worse than what Mother Nature herself has already unleashed against our species? Did you know that places like Greenland in the recent past warmed like +10C over just a decade or three? Find me some warming like THAT, and then doomers can more reasonably fabricate their next end of the world fantasy game playing scenario around it!

I mean, how many coal fired power plants would we need to build to create that kind of real warming ourselves? We humans are pikers when it comes to this climate change stuf!

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby AdamB » Sat 11 Jul 2020, 14:36:30

asg70 wrote:And Plant is the one who doesn't understand the tragedy-of-the-commons aspect of him feeling entitled to pollute the skies flying around the globe.

Plant does seem to speak with forked tongue on this one. "How dare you not soil yourself over a temperature chart like me!! (virtue signaling?) Now where did someone stash my airplane tickets, I've got some jet setting to do!!"

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sat 11 Jul 2020, 19:33:27

AdamB wrote:How dare you not soil yourself over a temperature chart

What strange and sicko ideas you have.

AND Jeez...what a disgusting post....

Still.....If you want to soil yourself, go ahead and soil yourself.....

But please don't post about it afterwards... OK?

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby dissident » Tue 14 Jul 2020, 18:07:26

Plantagenet wrote:

Meanwhile, if you're not scientifically illiterate, the data clearly show the planet is warming.

Cheers!

That graph shows a good part of the natural variability range which lasted until 1980. After 1980 the world has moved secularly off the reservation. And there is simply no indication of any near term downward trend. All those who claim that we are seeing natural variability are smoking crack.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby suxs » Wed 15 Jul 2020, 08:46:26

Speaking of killing the planet..... Mr. Trump just drove another nail in Earth's coffin:

Trump to Weaken Environmental Rules to Speed Infrastructure Permits

WASHINGTON — President Trump on Wednesday is set to unilaterally weaken one of the nation’s bedrock conservation laws, the National Environmental Policy Act, limiting public review of federal infrastructure projects to speed up the permitting of freeways, power plants and pipelines.

WashingtonPost.com
suxs
Peat
Peat

Unread postby jef » Wed 15 Jul 2020, 08:52:06

Beavers are killing the planet!!!!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/29/americas ... index.html

"Beavers are gnawing away at the Arctic permafrost, and that's bad for the planet"

Just helping out my old pal from the drum.

Cheers Dohboi!

jef (aka souperman)
jef
Wood
Wood

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sat 21 Nov 2020, 02:21:10

Finally........... something that isn't killing the planet.

Its called ZOOM TOURISM.

There's no need to get on a jet and travel to far away places and eat strange food and see marvelous sights while dodging the local pickpockets and avoid the corrupt police while trying not to get rolled when you go out for a night of bar-hopping.

Now you can do it all on ZOOM!

virtual-travel

For a small fee local guides will walk around around with their iPhones logged into ZOOM and will describe to you what they are seeing and doing and eating in exotic foreign places!

VIRTUAL TRAVEL IS HERE!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby EnergyUnlimited » Sat 21 Nov 2020, 08:31:16

It will take more than Dohboi alone to kill a planet. :-D
EnergyUnlimited
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Sat 21 Nov 2020, 08:50:32

Plant,

That is close to one of my nightmares.

What I see is a time when all the great whales are gone, none. But you can still go to an iMax and get a 3D experience, a virtual whale encounter.

I see that in some way as dismissing the extinction of the whales. The bast majority if us will never ever swim with whales, no matter how many or few. So as long as we preserve the images of what they once were will we even miss them if they are gone?

My feeling is that this is a very slippery path. Where do you define the line to a “Matrix” scenario?

Ir maybe its a good, or even GREAT thing. Virtual sex, indistinguishable from the real (by those uninitiated) allows us to have the experience without producing off spring. And we can even have virtual families so we still get that warm glow of having wee ones without changing diapers and feeding them. And maybe that will bring our population back into control?

As it is polar bears are dead men walking, probably also whales.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Ibon » Sat 21 Nov 2020, 10:37:04

Newfie wrote:
My feeling is that this is a very slippery path. Where do you define the line to a “Matrix” scenario?

Take heed while I still find the occasional time to briefly browse here........

Get the fuck off the internet. Unwind the insidious grasp it has on your day to day life.
The solution Newfie to your nightmare is when nobody sees a post from you anymore because you have exited.

As I am now doing.
Patiently awaiting the pathogens. Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby JuanP » Sat 21 Nov 2020, 11:33:24

Well, if you want to see a 100% healthy tropical coral reef, your only choice today is to watch a video, particularly the old Jacques Cousteau ones. The few remaining relatively healthy tropical reef spots in the world are not open to the public. I stopped scuba diving in the Florida reef over 20 years ago because I could no longer suffer witnessing its destruction. A century ago it was the second largest in the world, today it is a cemetery. I still free dive for the sport and to fish, but definitely not for the views. Witnessing the destruction of the last remains of the Florida reef was one of the most heartbreaking experiences I suffered in my life. IMO, humanity doesn't deserve to exist.

Congratulations, Ibon, on your spending less time online! :)
"Human stupidity has no limits" JuanP
JuanP
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby jedrider » Sat 21 Nov 2020, 13:58:47

Oh, the suffering inflicted by Covid: NPR just had an interview with a family with five children and the father is a fork-lift driver. They were afraid of catching Covid.

I think they should be afraid of having more children.
jedrider
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Next

Return to Environment, Weather & Climate