Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Countdown To Impeachment Pt. 3

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: Countdown To Impeachment Pt. 3

Unread postby Cog » Tue 28 Jan 2020, 21:53:00

The Democrat's aren't partisan? Haha ok chief.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby jedrider » Wed 29 Jan 2020, 02:38:43

Cog wrote:The Democrat's aren't partisan? Haha ok chief.

OK. Nancy Pelosi needs a mention, too, for keeping the Democrats on the same page.

I didn't know you were a fan of hers ;-)
jedrider
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Cog » Wed 29 Jan 2020, 05:03:16

If by the same page you mean a Democrat party that for two years insisted that Trump was a Russian agent, until that lie fell apart, yeah that is keeping her party together.

Like I told Cid two years ago, these endless investigations and now an impeachment will backfire spectacularly on the Democrats.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby asg70 » Wed 29 Jan 2020, 12:06:56

God forbid they don't bend the knee for him as if he's Emperor.

BOLD PREDICTIONS
-Billions are on the verge of starvation as the lockdown continues. (yoshua, 5/20/20)

HALL OF SHAME:
-Short welched on a bet and should be shunned.
-Frequent-flyers should not cry crocodile-tears over climate-change.
asg70
Permanently Banned

Unread postby jedrider » Wed 29 Jan 2020, 12:37:09

Trump people probably still angry. Bush people have since become Trump people, evidently. So much for 'anti-war' Trump. We know who his supporters are.

The Dixie Chicks Return to Country Radio, Prompting Angry Calls
https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/country/8518539/dixie-chicks-need-more-than-ever-comeback
jedrider
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Ibon » Wed 29 Jan 2020, 14:18:02

asg70 wrote:God forbid they don't bend the knee for him as if he's Emperor.

The bend on both knees to perform figurative oral sex on Trump on a daily basis.

Have they no dignity?
Patiently awaiting the pathogens. Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby careinke » Wed 29 Jan 2020, 19:43:29

Ibon wrote:

The bend on both knees to perform figurative oral sex on Trump on a daily basis.

Have they no dignity?

When you have no real case, resort to obscene slander.
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Cog » Wed 29 Jan 2020, 20:24:46

Ibon wrote:

Have they no dignity?

Sorry your girl lost.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Newfie » Wed 29 Jan 2020, 21:13:44

Dig out the popcorn. Halftime show is up.

https://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2019/ ... time-show/
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby jedrider » Wed 29 Jan 2020, 21:26:46

careinke wrote:When you have no real case, resort to obscene slander.

I wouldn't say they have 'no real case'. They may 'lose' the case, but not because it is not real, but because it is a power play, pure and simple.

It is profoundly interesting that acquittal will certainly enlarge the scope of the Presidency and diminish (yet again) the Congress. Our constitutional system is devolving to a system of power and leverage, without any element of bipartisanship (nor principle). The tides will turn.

I heard this, more or less, on the radio if anyone is wondering, except for the part about the tides turning.
jedrider
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby careinke » Wed 29 Jan 2020, 21:40:33

jedrider wrote:

I wouldn't say they have 'no real case'. They may 'lose' the case, but not because it is not real, but because it is a power play, pure and simple.

It is profoundly interesting that acquittal will certainly enlarge the scope of the Presidency and diminish (yet again) the Congress. Our constitutional system is devolving to a system of power and leverage, without any element of bipartisanship (nor principle). The tides will turn.

I heard this, more or less, on the radio if anyone is wondering, except for the part about the tides turning.

I was kind of hoping this whole thing would spur the congress to take back some of their power that they surrendered to the executive. The patriot act, the war powers act, come to mind off the top of my head and I'm sure there are others.
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Newfie » Thu 30 Jan 2020, 07:55:34

Carninke,

I’ve had similar thoughts, that the house and senate would return to being deliberative bodies. And who knows, maybe this clown show is just something they have to get out of their system, like the McCarthy hearings, before they can get back to work.

However for that to work the voting public needs to have an idea of what a deliberative body sounds like, and I suspect that is simply missing.

Postman’s “Amusing Ourselves to Death” keeps coming to mind.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby dissident » Thu 30 Jan 2020, 23:12:28

careinke wrote:
jedrider wrote:

I was kind of hoping this whole thing would spur the congress to take back some of their power that they surrendered to the executive. The patriot act, the war powers act, come to mind off the top of my head and I'm sure there are others.

Sounds great on paper. Instead we have most of the clown show originating from totally ignorant Congress-critters who require the executive to dilute their insanity. Insanity and whoring for special interests.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cog » Fri 31 Jan 2020, 04:50:56

It's all over except for the Democrat crying over the witnesses they won't get and the acquittal that Trump richly deserves.

If I were Trump the next communication I had with a foreign leader would be in person or by courier. Too many Obama holdovers listening in and leaking.

Oh and court-martial Lt Colonel Vindman and imprison the fake whistleblower who is actually a DNC spy.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby careinke » Fri 31 Jan 2020, 04:58:04

I can't figure out why they can't say who the whistleblower is? Is there a court order or something??
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Fri 31 Jan 2020, 06:39:43

careinke wrote:I can't figure out why they can't say who the whistleblower is? Is there a court order or something??

The whistle blower law forbids revealing their identity to encourage employees to come forward with information about government wrongdoing. The point of the law was to make it easier to root out corruption by protecting the employees that discover wrong doing from reprisals of bosses and coworkers. If the boss does not know who blew the whistle he doesn't know which employee to attack.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby evilgenius » Fri 31 Jan 2020, 07:56:07

jedrider wrote:

That's why it would be good to find a way to get money out of politics. There are too many business interests that have lobbied for years to obtain a better legal environment for them to operate within. They have created a situation that may not handle change well, due to relying upon those things they have gotten from their lobbying. Now, competing forces work against each other. The anti-globalists work to reverse the status quo, bringing in a vision of doing things like they were in some imaginary past. They want to change the very basis of market dynamics. But market dynamics as has been is still humming along. It won't give much space to those people, if they can't get it right.

Oil may not run out soon enough to have any impact upon this calculus. Fracking will undergo changes, mostly due to steep depletion rates. But it probably has at least a decade of economic dominance left. AI will come into the picture well before that.
evilgenius
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby evilgenius » Fri 31 Jan 2020, 08:03:06

Cog wrote:It's all over except for the Democrat crying over the witnesses they won't get and the acquittal that Trump richly deserves.

If I were Trump the next communication I had with a foreign leader would be in person or by courier. Too many Obama holdovers listening in and leaking.

Oh and court-martial Lt Colonel Vindman and imprison the fake whistleblower who is actually a DNC spy.

What's next, that militaristic type of country where no one who has ever held power can retire? You sound like you are the one who ought to move to Russia.
evilgenius
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Cog » Fri 31 Jan 2020, 10:51:34

careinke wrote:I can't figure out why they can't say who the whistleblower is? Is there a court order or something??

I will say his name. its Eric Ciaramella. A long time CIA employee and the so called whistle-blower. He worked for Joe Biden and his been the source of many of the leaks from the Trump Whitehouse. This is the guy who Lt Colonel Vindman, who was assigned to listen in on the Ukraine phone call, leaked this information to. The guy is a professional leaker of anything he perceives as harmful to the president.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Cog » Fri 31 Jan 2020, 10:54:15

evilgenius wrote:
Cog wrote:It's all over except for the Democrat crying over the witnesses they won't get and the acquittal that Trump richly deserves.

What's next, that militaristic type of country where no one who has ever held power can retire? You sound like you are the one who ought to move to Russia.

Thank you for calling me a Russian agent. I appreciate the sentiment. Your side has also called Tulsi Gabbard, Donald Trump, Mike Pence, AG Barr, as well as anyone who isn't on board with this coup against a duly elected president as a Russian agent. I feel somewhat honored. :lol:

So after Mueller concluded that no American colluded with Russia to change the outcome of the 2016, your side still insists it happened. I guess that was a $30 million waste of money then. So now its Ukraine. And your side is going to lose again. Your tears are precious to me. Please give me more of them.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

PreviousNext

Return to North America Discussion