Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Cannot post news

Having trouble? Is the forum having trouble?

Moderator: admin

Cannot post news

Unread postby Graeme » Mon 06 Jul 2009, 22:25:07

I have been trying to submit news articles on the front page by clicking Submit News link but I get an error message stating that I have to register first. I am already registered! Can somebody fix this problem please?
Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe. H. G. Wells.
Fatih Birol's motto: leave oil before it leaves us.
Graeme
Fusion
Fusion

Re: Cannot post news

Unread postby dunewalker » Mon 06 Jul 2009, 22:39:12

Graeme wrote:I have been trying to submit news articles on the front page by clicking Submit News link but I get an error message stating that I have to register first. I am already registered! Can somebody fix this problem please?

The cornucopian button is "OUT OF ORDER" :-D
"Wilderness is another civilization apart from our own." - H.D. Thoreau
dunewalker
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby eastbay » Mon 06 Jul 2009, 22:40:32

How Rude!! :evil:

:-D
Got Dharma?

Everything is Impermanent. Shakyamuni Buddha
eastbay
Expert
Expert

Unread postby waegari » Tue 07 Jul 2009, 04:59:01

Graeme wrote:I have been trying to submit news articles on the front page by clicking Submit News link but I get an error message stating that I have to register first. I am already registered! Can somebody fix this problem please?

At the bottom of the User Registration/Login page, to which you are refered (http://peakoil.com/modules.php?name=You ... p=new_user), you will find a link 'User Login'. That should do the trick.

If not, let me know.
The greatest shortcoming of the human race is our inability to understand the exponential function.

Al Bartlett
waegari
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby waegari » Tue 07 Jul 2009, 05:00:31

dunewalker wrote:The cornucopian button is "OUT OF ORDER" :-D

You are always welcome to submit news stories yourself, if you feel you can do better.

Cordially invited.
The greatest shortcoming of the human race is our inability to understand the exponential function.

Al Bartlett
waegari
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Leanan » Tue 07 Jul 2009, 12:35:32

A lot of people are complaining to me that they can't post news submissions, no matter how many times they log in. Vox_Mundi was afraid the site had been hacked.

I think there's something wrong.
"The problems of today will not be solved by the same thinking that produced the problems in the first place." - Albert Einstein
Leanan
News Editor
News Editor

Unread postby waegari » Tue 07 Jul 2009, 13:10:36

Leanan wrote:A lot of people are complaining to me that they can't post news submissions, no matter how many times they log in. Vox_Mundi was afraid the site had been hacked.

I think there's something wrong.

Considering the fact that V_M has been able to submit two stories today, It's very unlikely that there is something wrong.

The only difference is that the guest submission ban has been reinstalled.

Al Bartlett
waegari
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Leanan » Tue 07 Jul 2009, 13:48:36

All I can say is that he PMed me and said he was having trouble submitting news, even though he was logged in.

I've also gotten e-mails from some of our regular contributors, saying the same thing.

Maybe it's fixed now?
"The problems of today will not be solved by the same thinking that produced the problems in the first place." - Albert Einstein
Leanan
News Editor
News Editor

Unread postby waegari » Tue 07 Jul 2009, 14:01:31

Leanan wrote:All I can say is that he PMed me and said he was having trouble submitting news, even though he was logged in.

I've also gotten e-mails from some of our regular contributors, saying the same thing.

Maybe it's fixed now?

I do not have a clue as to the exact problem.
All I can say is: V_M's submissions came in in perfect order and have been posted.

Other than that, if any problems persist, complaints can be redirected to myself, being senior news editor.

Al Bartlett
waegari
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Graeme » Tue 07 Jul 2009, 18:16:13

waegari wrote:

At the bottom of the User Registration/Login page, to which you are refered (http://peakoil.com/modules.php?name=You ... p=new_user), you will find a link 'User Login'. That should do the trick.

If not, let me know.

Thanks Waegari. Your suggestion worked!
Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe. H. G. Wells.
Fatih Birol's motto: leave oil before it leaves us.
Graeme
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby dunewalker » Tue 07 Jul 2009, 18:40:03

waegari wrote:
dunewalker wrote:The cornucopian button is "OUT OF ORDER" :-D

You are always welcome to submit news stories yourself, if you feel you can do better.

Cordially invited.

I didn't realize that members' submission of news stories was judged for quality. Also was not aware that we needed your approval for submission.
"Wilderness is another civilization apart from our own." - H.D. Thoreau
dunewalker
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby waegari » Wed 08 Jul 2009, 03:35:57

dunewalker wrote:
I didn't realize that members' submission of news stories was judged for quality. Also was not aware that we needed your approval for submission.

Sure, that's what makes us 'editors'.

But don't worry, we are quite tolerant.
And if a story gets rejected, on principle we let you know the reason.

That's in part why guest submissions have been banned: guests cannot be informed about the reasons of their rejection, which leaves open the chance they keep submitting the sort of stories we would not post.

Al Bartlett
waegari
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby vox_mundi » Mon 26 Apr 2010, 08:44:44

First, thanks for all the work in getting the site upgraded.

No more crashing server - Yeah :-)

But, as Sniff and Scurry would say, "Who Moved My cheese?"

I've been looking for the 'Submit News' thingee for the last few days - no can find.

When you get to it let us know.

Thanks, vox
“There are three classes of people: those who see. Those who see when they are shown. Those who do not see.” ― Leonardo da Vinci

Insensible before the wave so soon released by callous fate. Affected most, they understand the least, and understanding, when it comes, invariably arrives too late.
vox_mundi
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Keith_McClary » Sun 02 May 2010, 01:26:38

vox_mundi wrote:I've been looking for the 'Submit News' thingee for the last few days - no can find.

Me too.

This is from a couple of weeks ago.
The myth and cost of a 'green' electric car

I went to check if we already had it, but the new Archive format is too cumbersome.
Facebook knows you're a dog.
Keith_McClary
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Return to Technical Support