Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Bold Predictions 2022

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

Re: Bold Predictions 2022

Unread postby AdamB » Tue 21 Dec 2021, 13:06:47

vtsnowedin wrote:
AdamB wrote:
vtsnowedin wrote: The chain of command is what it is, but like the nuclear football I expect it has been modified to work within the allotted time between launch and strike. As to Joe he will be tossed out of bed and told what to do by his handlers.

Do you really buy into that one, the "them behind the curtain" thing with Joe? I remember Joe when he was in full control of his faculties, and today's Joe certainly ain't that Joe, but beyond the point that at least he isn't a xenophobic, misogynistic, anti-Jew Hitler admiring draft dodging narcissistic rich kid, liar and sexual predator with daddy issues, do you really believe the entire man (or woman) behind the curtain thing with Sleepy Joe?

Yes I do and it has nothing to do with how 'not Trump' he is.

Oh, I didn't mean to connect the idiot man child with the sleepy senior, other than both wouldn't qualify as an American leader if Americans would..you know...THINK and stuff.

Vtsnowedin wrote: It is not some shadowy figure outside the white house that makes the decisions just the white house staff and perhaps Jill Biden telling him what to say and when to say it.

I can see it being Jill. Have you ever cared for elderly parents, and were any of them suffering from cognitive decline? I've got that going on right now, so it makes perfect sense to presume an "other", I was just trying trying to figure out if you were into the whack-a-doodle end of this, as compared to the reasonable and practical aspects of it.

vtsnowedin wrote: I am not into conspiracy theories but his lack of ability is clear from his every public appearance and utterance so one must go to the simplest conclusion that those around him are doing the thinking.
I might add that those around him are not doing very well at it.

No one ever claimed the alt-fact universe Trump had as advisors were any better. They were so obvious in being toadies that couldn't even gaslight well to any audience beyond the typical campaign rally crowd. At least Uncle Joe's folks are managing to not make it as obvious.

But I get Jill. One functioning brain that high up might be enough to keep the wheels on, and is probably better and more carefully thought out than the sum total of what Trump had in himself, his family, and everyone with an office in the WH combined though.
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby gollum » Sat 25 Dec 2021, 02:40:38

1. Russia will invade Ukraine sometime between January 15th and February 15th taking advantage of the famous Russian winter. They'll take the eastern half of Ukraine. The US will do nothing except threaten sanctions but implementing anything drastic will cause the Russians to cease all gas shipments west and therefor will not happen. At the end of the day the US will lose it's status as a world power. Should the US become involved in the war we will lose very badly.

2. Having been humiliated abroad the administration specifically and the federal government in general will be exposed as very weak and the states will move in to that vacuum and assert themselves. Even if the nation doesn't officially split it will become undeniable that the United States is in reality two or more distinct nations with distinct cultures and laws. In everything except name the US will appear to be two or more distinct nations operating under vastly separate legal systems. The current makeup of the Supreme Court almost guarantees this will happen.

3. Omicron will turn out to be far less deadly and the pandemic will fade from the public eye although large numbers of people will still die because of the contagious nature of the disease.

4. China will observe our humiliation in Europe and will set a time table for the invasion of Taiwan although the actual invasion may not happen until after the end of 2022.

5 Inflation will continue at around 15% per year if the figures were honest and could go up very rapidly from there once the US is humiliated abroad as people begin to question the future of the US as a viable political entity.

6. Due to the international disruptions and general chaos oil production will be down making the calling of the peak almost impossible. In real terms oil energy costs will continue to rise rapidly.

7. Climate disasters will continue as they have the past several years but the politics of climate change will remain the same.
gollum
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Sat 25 Dec 2021, 09:27:57

A pretty decent set of predictions there Gollum.
Perhaps a bit gloomy on the Ukrainian invasion by Russia. Perhaps NATO will provide air support in the form of a few squadrons of A-10 Warthogs.
The distance from their base in Western Germany to Ukraine's East border is about 1500 miles but over half of it is in German and Polish air space to allow midair refueling. Better yet but provocative in itself would be to pre-position them around Kyiv or Poltava to get within the A-10's 290 mile combat range.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby gollum » Sat 25 Dec 2021, 11:01:12

If we were to go that route it would almost have to end up in a wider European conflict and perhaps also expand to the oceans and space realms and in my opinion we would lose. I think in that case China would pile in on the side of Russia.
While our weapons are better Russia has a lot more of them deployed in Europe close to their supply lines while we have to bring everything we need across the Atlantic then across Europe too. And while our economy is a lot more advanced theirs is a lot simpler and more resilient and they can take a real beating and still be standing at the end of the day. I also think the typical Russian is a lot more patriotic and tougher than your typical American is just because of their culture and the way they live.
gollum
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Sat 25 Dec 2021, 15:23:33

gollum wrote:If we were to go that route it would almost have to end up in a wider European conflict and perhaps also expand to the oceans and space realms and in my opinion we would lose. I think in that case China would pile in on the side of Russia.
While our weapons are better Russia has a lot more of them deployed in Europe close to their supply lines while we have to bring everything we need across the Atlantic then across Europe too. And while our economy is a lot more advanced theirs is a lot simpler and more resilient and they can take a real beating and still be standing at the end of the day. I also think the typical Russian is a lot more patriotic and tougher than your typical American is just because of their culture and the way they live.

I see it as much like Hitlers moves on the Sudetenland prior to 1939. We can stop Putin now with a strong response or embolden him with a weak one and have a much more expensive and bloody time of it in the future. There is no risk free alternative.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Polybius » Sun 26 Dec 2021, 14:03:19

Day 1 of 2022, Russia takes Ukraine while China takes Taiwan

NATO gets pushed out of Europe and US carriers all sunk in the Asia Pacific

Brandon gets sacrificed by the Deep State

is.gd/USAcamps
Polybius
Wood
Wood

Unread postby careinke » Sun 26 Dec 2021, 22:11:28

Nice discussions so far!

OK, this is NOT my prediction, but I feel it is relevant to the discussion, and possibly the most important You tube video of the 2021 on the subject.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K6JPXlVh-Y

The two guests are both Canadian well respected Business men and investors, Greg Booth and Jeff Foss. The person leading the discussion, sounds British, but I believe he is a US citizen. Almost everything is backed by numbers.

Although they would not give specific dates, they both claim their predictions will happen quicker than anyone thinks. Here are some of their more bold predictions/advice:

1. Canada will be the first G7 country to collapse due to it's government debt, both from the nation and Provence's.

2. Individual investors will dump their government bonds, and the central banks will continue to buy them because they need to keep the game rolling on.

3. The present Fiat system is broken and there is no way to fix it, although the politicians will keep trying through various methods including UBI, devaluation of the Fiat currencies, and confiscation of assets, which would result some VERY nasty results.

4. Put your Bitcoin into hardware wallets as soon as possible and OFF the crypto exchanges, as those coins will be confiscated (not your keys, Not your Bitcoin).

5. The world wide Bond crash will be so fast, individuals will not have time to liquidate them. They were talking minutes and hours for the collapse!

Some pretty scary stuff, the above was just a sampling. I watched it a a 1.25 speed, and it was a comfortable listening level. Lots of other stuff, so I encourage you to check it out.

Peace
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby AdamB » Sun 26 Dec 2021, 22:29:22

Polybius wrote:Day 1 of 2022, Russia takes Ukraine while China takes Taiwan

is.gd/USAcamps

Oh the first will be wonderful to revisit in 7 days, the others we can chalk up for later. If this kind of overly specific, doom-centric all channels, all the time claptrap doesn't look like StarvingPuttyTat, I don't know what does.
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Shaved Monkey » Mon 27 Dec 2021, 22:14:09

Best case;Omicron will be the beginning of the end of the pandemic.
Everyone will catch it it wont kill many and it will provide immunity as the drug companies work on the 4th jab which will be tweaked towards the next mutation,and Covid becomes more flu like as an annual winter mutation.

Worst case; Omicron and Delta mutate
Ready to turn Zombies into WWOOFers
Shaved Monkey
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 27 Dec 2021, 22:58:57

Shaved Monkey wrote:Best case;Omicron will be the beginning of the end of the pandemic.
Everyone will catch it it wont kill many and it will provide immunity

Why should the omicron provide immunity when all the previous versions of the virus didn't provide immunity?

Even vaccination isn't providing immunity. There are lots and lots of fully vaccinated people getting infected.

Its like the flu.....getting the flu one winter doesn't protect you from flu the next year. Thats why there is a a new flu vaccine every year.

The tragedy here is that Biden and Fauci are too stupid to approve a new covid vaccine each year, even as the virus mutates into new more deadly variants.

Shaved Monkey wrote:Worst case; Omicron and Delta mutate

Thats not the worst case....thats reality.

The virus is mutating very rapidly and its going to continue to mutate.

If Biden and Fauci had a brain, they'd allow Moderna and Pfizer to manufacture new, updated versions of the vaccine that could protect people from the new mutated viruses. But Biden and Fauci are so stupid they just keep trotting out the same old vaccine over and over again, even though the original version of covid-19 the vaccine is designed for disappeared from the world two years ago when it was replaced by the new mutated versions of Covid

Of course the omicron and Delta are going to mutate into new versions of Covid ..... thats what viruses do!

Cheers!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Shaved Monkey » Tue 28 Dec 2021, 03:57:25

Plantagenet wrote:
Shaved Monkey wrote:Best case;Omicron will be the beginning of the end of the pandemic.
Everyone will catch it it wont kill many and it will provide immunity

Why should the omicron provide immunity when all the previous versions of the virus didn't provide immunity?

Even vaccination isn't providing immunity. There are lots and lots of fully vaccinated people getting infected.

Its like the flu.....getting the flu one winter doesn't protect you from flu the next year. Thats why there is a a new flu vaccine every year.

The tragedy here is that Biden and Fauci are too stupid to approve a new covid vaccine each year, even as the virus mutates into new more deadly variants.

Shaved Monkey wrote:Worst case; Omicron and Delta mutate

Thats not the worst case....thats reality.

The virus is mutating very rapidly and its going to continue to mutate.

If Biden and Fauci had a brain, they'd allow Moderna and Pfizer to manufacture new, updated versions of the vaccine that could protect people from the new mutated viruses. But Biden and Fauci are so stupid they just keep trotting out the same old vaccine over and over again, even though the original version of covid-19 the vaccine is designed for disappeared from the world two years ago when it was replaced by the new mutated versions of Covid

Of course the omicron and Delta are going to mutate into new versions of Covid ..... thats what viruses do!

Cheers!

Previous infections arent providing long term immunity neither is the vax but they are buying us about 6 months of immunity(give or take).
When you look at the graphs of infection v deaths you see them peak and drop as a level of immunity is reached either by vax or infection....these are short lived
The vax gives you IgM and IgE and the infection gives us IgA
IgA will give us the defence before it gets in and hopefully stop most attempts.

Omicron hopefully being both milder and more virulent may remove Delta from the landscape.
It seems to take over very quickly starving Delta of opportunity to infect
In some countries it will quickly become 100% of infections,this may kill Delta
In other countries the 2 will co exist and opportunity for cross mutation exists.

Australias going for the everyone will catch this model
We locked up for every other variant and are letting this rip as we reached high Vax rates and starting our 3rd jabs and see this as mild....its a gamble

Yes Im aware Covid will keep mutating...... doesnt mean it will be worse

Elimination requires a more effective vax or it just mutates down to just an annual irritant ...like a cold
Shaved Monkey
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Tue 28 Dec 2021, 19:44:49

My state has started reporting cases separated into vaccinated and unvaccinated.
Currently three out of four new cases are of the unvaccinated and the vast majority of new cases are among the young nineteen or under age group and many of those could not be vaccinated during part of the ninety day period being reported.
Also the death rate has dropped to just 0.7% showing the increase in the effectiveness of treatments for those infected.
So I think the numbers will improve as more of the young get vaccinated and bring their numbers down to the much lower vaccinated groups I sit in.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Shaved Monkey » Tue 28 Dec 2021, 20:53:33

Presidents are just spokes models,they have some power but not as much as we think but they do represent the brand to the world....pretty sad really that thats these are the best spokes-models the democratic system spits out as a choice....lose or lose a little less is the only choice people have
Shaved Monkey
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Wed 29 Dec 2021, 00:03:27

Shaved Monkey wrote:Presidents are just spokes models,they have some power but not as much as we think but they do represent the brand to the world....pretty sad really that thats these are the best spokes-models the democratic system spits out as a choice....lose or lose a little less is the only choice people have

Well I really think we need, and hope we get, a better batch of officials over the next election cycles.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby AdamB » Wed 29 Dec 2021, 10:30:22

vtsnowedin wrote: Well I really think we need, and hope we get, a better batch of officials over the next election cycles.

What, you figure America has grown a better batch of politicians when no one was looking, or are you just an eternal optimist?

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Plantagenet » Thu 30 Dec 2021, 00:44:52

Shaved Monkey wrote:Yes Im aware Covid will keep mutating...... doesnt mean it will be worse ...

The World Heath Organization just warned that its highly likely that the covid virus will mutate into a new variety that will entirely escape the vaccine.

possible future waves of deadly covid variants

Cheers!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Thu 30 Dec 2021, 22:28:00

AdamB wrote:
vtsnowedin wrote: Well I really think we need, and hope we get, a better batch of officials over the next election cycles.

What, you figure America has grown a better batch of politicians when no one was looking, or are you just an eternal optimist?

No I think the American public is sick and tired of the jerks we have now and will not support or vote for any less then a much better group.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Thu 30 Dec 2021, 22:39:38

AdamB wrote:
Polybius wrote:Day 1 of 2022, Russia takes Ukraine while China takes Taiwan

is.gd/USAcamps

Oh the first will be wonderful to revisit in 7 days, the others we can chalk up for later. If this kind of overly specific, doom-centric all channels, all the time claptrap doesn't look like StarvingPuttyTat, I don't know what does.

Especially the decades long track record of such (endless) specific doomer predictions on this site, for decades.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Thu 30 Dec 2021, 22:42:13

vtsnowedin wrote:
AdamB wrote:

No I think the American public is sick and tired of the jerks we have now and will not support or vote for any less then a much better group.

But overall, would they KNOW a "better" group if it punched them in the face, much less made the usual empty bland promises?

I'm not convinced of that at all.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby EnergyUnlimited » Fri 31 Dec 2021, 09:49:22

My take on subject:

1. Up to the end of next year most of Western governments will be advising to take 6th dose of "2 dose COVID vaccine" and those who refuse are going to be branded "antisocial" and in some countries "criminals".
Medical/scientific advisors (Fauci alike) are going to insist that from the very beginning they were telling about such need because they knew that vaccines will need top ups.
When challenged with records of what they have said at the beginning of 2021 they will insist that it is not their voice, on films are impostors and materials are manipulated.

2. Electricity in most of Western Europe will cost more than 1$ per kWh before next year ends. There will be rolling blackouts at least in some European countries in February or/and March next year.

3. Russia will be barred from SWIFT system, but they will care little about it due to launch of West independent system in cooperation with China.

4. Gold will go above $2500 an ounce.

5. Ms Harris will formally become an acting POTUS.

6. Somewhere there will be an exchange of fire between US and Russia or China, not necessarily a large one but still.
It will be direct, not by proxy.
EnergyUnlimited
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

PreviousNext

Return to Peak Oil Discussion