Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Blame Obama!

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: Blame Obama!

Unread postby Cog » Sun 24 Jun 2018, 23:40:43

Pretty much what I would expect from a Chicago community organizer suckled at the teat of marxists.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 25 Jun 2018, 02:39:38

Cog wrote:Pretty much what I would expect from a Chicago community organizer suckled at the teat of marxists.

Obama's mom was gone much of the time so he was mostly raised by his grandparents who were, to quote Obama himself, "typical white people". So most likely he was mostly suckled on the baby formula of Marxists, as the teat of marxists would've been unavailable most of the time.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Mon 25 Jun 2018, 11:18:35

Plantagenet wrote:Stupid is as stupid does, the old saying says, and its hard to get much stupider then obama arming and training jihadists in Syria, leading to the creation of ISIS.

so the right brings up mistakes like this. And the left brings up mistakes like Reagan's "arms for hostages" deal re the Iran Contras.

And yet, somehow, both sides continue to make such mistakes over time.

Kind of like both sides constantly overspend and blame the other side for all the spending.

Neither side is credible or learning, re the overall arguments.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 25 Jun 2018, 14:19:54

Outcast_Searcher wrote:
Plantagenet wrote:Stupid is as stupid does, the old saying says, and its hard to get much stupider then obama arming and training jihadists in Syria, leading to the creation of ISIS.

so the right brings up mistakes like this.

It wasn't the "right" that brought this up. It was Obama's own close advisor Ben Rhodes.

Mr. Rhodes has just written a book about his years in the Obama administration and he's out on the hustings trying to sell his book with insider revelations on the failings of the Obama administration.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Newfie » Mon 25 Jun 2018, 15:11:58

Pretty thin gruel Planty.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Tue 26 Jun 2018, 01:23:52

Plantagenet wrote:
Outcast_Searcher wrote:

so the right brings up mistakes like this.

It wasn't the "right" that brought this up. It was Obama's own close advisor Ben Rhodes.

Mr. Rhodes has just written a book about his years in the Obama administration and he's out on the hustings trying to sell his book with insider revelations on the failings of the Obama administration.

Cheers!

OK. So are we pretending that the right doesn't bring up negative things about the dems when opportunity knocks, just as the left brings up negative things about the GOP?

Because in the world I live in, that happens all the time. I was making a general observation about political groups.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Plantagenet » Tue 26 Jun 2018, 17:47:34

Outcast_Searcher wrote:So are we pretending that the right doesn't bring up negative things about the dems when opportunity knocks, just as the left brings up negative things about the GOP?

Because in the world I live in, that happens all the time. I was making a general observation about political groups.

Sure. That happens all the time.

But this time it was one of Obama's closest associates in the White House who is blowing the whistle on the Obama's administration dismal failures in Syria, including the disastrous policy of training and arming various groups of Jihadists to overthrow the Assad regime, some of whom transmogrified into ISIS.

This isn't the Rs kvetching about the Ds or vice versa----this is coming from an D insider who was in a position to know about Obama's incompetence in Syria--- the consequences of which the world is still dealing with.

Cheers!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby asg70 » Thu 12 Jul 2018, 16:01:38

A little bucket of reality for the haters.

http://www.people-press.org/2018/07/11/ ... on-reagan/

BOLD PREDICTIONS
-Billions are on the verge of starvation as the lockdown continues. (yoshua, 5/20/20)

HALL OF SHAME:
-Short welched on a bet and should be shunned.
-Frequent-flyers should not cry crocodile-tears over climate-change.
asg70
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Thu 12 Jul 2018, 17:41:20

asg70 wrote:A little bucket of reality for the haters.

http://www.people-press.org/2018/07/11/ ... on-reagan/

The fact that 4 actually picked Carter is amazing to me.

Nice guy. Moral. Well intentioned. Down to earth. But the BEST president in anyone's lifetime that is alive as of 2018?

Wow. Just wow.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby asg70 » Fri 13 Jul 2018, 03:10:35

Also remember that Nixon was elected in a landslide in 1972 only to be drummed out of office. Voter sentiment about politicians can see-saw.

BOLD PREDICTIONS
-Billions are on the verge of starvation as the lockdown continues. (yoshua, 5/20/20)

HALL OF SHAME:
-Short welched on a bet and should be shunned.
-Frequent-flyers should not cry crocodile-tears over climate-change.
asg70
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Fri 13 Jul 2018, 11:22:24

I'll also say I was rather surprised to see Obama that far ahead of Clinton. As much as I disliked some of Clinton's behavior, to me, especially Clinton but also Reagan were better than Obama.

Maybe my disdain for politicians generally as I age is affecting that. Since Clinton and Reagan were so close, that doesn't look like a D vs. R bias.

Maybe a lot of it is demographics (younger people won't vote for someone who wasn't in office while they weren't an adult and thus paying less attention.) If that sounds foolish -- consider where Kennedy ranked, and how very beloved that president was.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby dissident » Sun 22 Jul 2018, 12:52:15

Newfie wrote:Pretty thin gruel Planty.

Much thicker than anything the Democrats and their demented worshippers have on Trump. And Putin.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sun 22 Jul 2018, 15:10:48

Newfie wrote:Pretty thin gruel Planty.

The Obama administration's role in arming and training jihadi armies in Syria is pretty well established. We already knew Obama sent US Army special forces into Syria to arm and train what the US called the "Free Syrian Army" to fight and overthrow the Assad regime. What was less well known was that the CIA was simultaneously arming and training groups of jihadists, including groups affiliated with Al Quaida, to fight against Assad. But this story is coming out now.

how-obama-armed-terrorists-in-syria

And, of course, people from the US-trained Al Qaida affiliates and other jihadi groups eventually formed ISIS.

So the list of things to blame Obama for should incude the idiocy of arming and training al-Quaida linked groups in Syria, which ultimately lead to the creation of ISIS.

Cheers!

PS: The NY Times recently reported that Trump has ended the CIA covert war in Syria. Obama was spending a billion dollars a year on arming the al Nusra front (i.e. Al Qaida) and other jihadi groups in Syria---and all for nothing. The Assad regime is still in power, and all Obama has to show for the billions he spent in Syria is the creation of multiple armed jihadi groups including al Nusra (i.e. al Qaida) and ISIS.

In one of the stupidest policy moves ever, Obama and the CIA funded and armed terrorist groups in Syria.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Newfie » Sun 22 Jul 2018, 15:50:02

Thanks Plant, much better article.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 25 Jul 2018, 19:54:11

The Obama administration also granted funding to an AL Qaida affiliated group in the Sudan.

obama-administration-al-qaeda-affiliate-knowingly-funded

A-maz-ing.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sun 29 Jul 2018, 19:20:12

US Weapons were supplied to jihadi groups in Syria, including Al Qaida and ISIS. Now that these groups have largely been defeated, the serial numbers on their weapons can be used to trace who the manufacturers were, and a bit about how the US smuggled the weapons into Syria to give to the Jihadis.

robert-fisk-i-traced-missile-casings-syria-back-their-original-sellers

Fisk reports there was kind of a "jihadi Wal-Mart" in Syria where the jihadi groups could get the US weapons. Some of them probably were originally sent to what Obama liked to call the "Free Syrian Army"....a group that turned out to be largely imaginary....but some of the US weapons seem to have been given directly to jihadi groups.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Pops » Wed 01 Aug 2018, 19:52:09

So trump ended aid to groups opposed to russia?

:shock:

:razz: (lol, not really shocked)
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 01 Aug 2018, 21:46:04

Pops wrote:So trump ended aid to groups opposed to russia?

(lol, not really shocked)

Are you referring to Trump ending Obama's policy of providing US funding, training and supplying weapons for the jihadi groups in Syria? Yes, Trump finally ended that wacky Obama policy earlier this year.

Its a move that was way overdue. All Obama managed to do was give the jihadis enough support to allow them to totally destablize Syria, but not enough to actually win the war. And Obama balked at providing the direct military aid the jihadis needed to topple the Assad regime in Damascus, after he did send in the US Air Force to help the jihadists topple the Khadaffi regime in Libya.

The results of Obama's policies in Syria have been years of brutal civil war and humanitarian disaster in Syria. And all for nothing---the Assad regime is still in power in spite of Obama's many public pledges that they would be forced from power and the secret war he directed the CIA to conduct there by arming and backing the jihadis.

jeffrey_sachs_to_president_trump_please_get_us_out_of_syria_weve_done_enough_damage

"This [Syrian civil war] happened because of [the United States]. These 600,000 [dead] are not just incidental. [The United States] started a war to overthrow a regime. It was covert. It was Operation: Timber Sycamore, people can look it up, the CIA operation. Together with Saudi Arabia, still shrouded in secrecy... A major war effort shrouded in secrecy, never debated by Congress, never explained to the American people. Signed by President Obama. Never explained."

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

President Obama delivers HIS State of the Union Address

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Fri 07 Sep 2018, 14:18:00

Today at the University of Illinois. He throws his support behind the real Republicans against the Banana Republicans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRWsKMjASQ0

WARNING: Cog, don't watch this, you can't afford losing any more brains melting out your ears.
Plant, it will cause your Obama Derangement Syndrome to flair up. Anyone who can't handle a real president looking like he is still president, and by comparison, show we don't actually have one right now, don't watch this.
"For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and provide for it." - Patrick Henry

The level of injustice and wrong you endure is directly determined by how much you quietly submit to. Even to the point of extinction.
Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

PreviousNext

Return to North America Discussion