Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Bitcoin & crypto?

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Re: Bitcoin & crypto?

Unread postby careinke » Wed 20 Oct 2021, 18:29:51

Armageddon wrote:Bought 10k worth of Shiba a couple weeks ago. No idea what it even is, but I had some serious fomo going on.

I was ignoring Sheba as I thought it was just another meme coin like Doge. However, I looked into it some more, and threw a grand at it on Thursday. It actually has some use cases.

PEACE
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Armageddon » Wed 20 Oct 2021, 19:49:14

careinke wrote:
Armageddon wrote:Bought 10k worth of Shiba a couple weeks ago. No idea what it even is, but I had some serious fomo going on.

I was ignoring Sheba as I thought it was just another meme coin like Doge. However, I looked into it some more, and threw a grand at it on Thursday. It actually has some use cases.

PEACE

People are excited about it. We’ll see. I’m leaving my money in just in case.
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Sat 23 Oct 2021, 06:19:02

It was rat poison. Now it is high priced rat poison. :razz:
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby careinke » Sat 23 Oct 2021, 12:37:07

vtsnowedin wrote:It was rat poison. Now it is high priced rat poison. :razz:

LOL, OK Boomer. Maybe you are confusing it with your blood thinner.

PEACE
careinke
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby careinke » Mon 25 Oct 2021, 19:55:18

Just in case anyone wants to take a deep dive into blockchain and cryptocurrencies. I came across this, "The School of Block" It was put out by Ledger, who make crypto hardware wallets.

https://youtu.be/EsxUw72auZc

It's another good crypto day.

PEACE and welcome to the Metaverse.
careinke
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby careinke » Mon 25 Oct 2021, 20:01:32

Armageddon wrote:
careinke wrote:

PEACE

You should be pretty happy right now. :-D

Here is a site to help you track it:

https://www.livecoinwatch.com/
careinke
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Armageddon » Mon 25 Oct 2021, 20:07:55

careinke wrote:
Armageddon wrote:
careinke wrote:

PEACE

You should be pretty happy right now. :-D

Here is a site to help you track it:

https://www.livecoinwatch.com/

Yeah, good so far. I have mine in Coinbase. It was up 70% yesterday until Elon answered a Tweet that he didn’t hold any Shiba, then it fell like a rock. A nice rebound today. I’m holding long term. We’ll see what happens. I have 400 million Sheba’s lol. There’s talk that it may go to a penny.
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 25 Oct 2021, 21:35:42

Armageddon wrote: I have 400 million Sheba’s lol. There’s talk that it may go to a penny.

The current price I see for a Shiba is $0.00003820....that means you are up about 50% on your original 10K purchase to ca. $15K.

Congrats on your investment success.

Who ever dreamed that becoming rich could be so easy?

By the way....is it a "Sheba" coin or a "Shiba" coin?

Cheers!
250 million thousand people have died of covid---Joe Biden
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama

-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Armageddon » Mon 25 Oct 2021, 22:39:30

Plantagenet wrote:
Armageddon wrote: I have 400 million Sheba’s lol. There’s talk that it may go to a penny.

The current price I see for a Shiba is $0.00003820....that means you are up about 50% on your original 10K purchase to ca. $15K.

Congrats on your investment success.

Who ever dreamed that becoming rich could be so easy?

By the way....is it a "Sheba" coin or a "Shiba" coin?

Cheers!

Thanks. Yeah, it’s Shiba’s. My bad. There’s 2 more I’m looking at, Saitana and Safemoon.
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Tue 26 Oct 2021, 14:32:54

Remember that Ponzi schemes always look the best just before they unravel. Dance with the lady all you want but keep your eye on the exit door and be ready to run for it.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Armageddon » Tue 26 Oct 2021, 17:14:30

vtsnowedin wrote:Remember that Ponzi schemes always look the best just before they unravel. Dance with the lady all you want but keep your eye on the exit door and be ready to run for it.

I’m heavily invested in physical gold and silver. I’m just doing this crypto for fun. But I agree, at some point the rug will be pulled out. I just hope I know when to sell before it happens.
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby careinke » Tue 26 Oct 2021, 23:01:44

Armageddon wrote:
vtsnowedin wrote:Remember that Ponzi schemes always look the best just before they unravel. Dance with the lady all you want but keep your eye on the exit door and be ready to run for it.

I’m heavily invested in physical gold and silver. I’m just doing this crypto for fun. But I agree, at some point the rug will be pulled out. I just hope I know when to sell before it happens.

Careful, you have started down the rabbits hole. Next thing you know, you will be following the rest of the gold bugs, and start adding gold 2.0 to your portfolio, i.e. Bitcoin. :shock:

I believe it was Michael Saylor who said something like; Bitcoin is an intelligence test, the first to get it will become very wealthy.

Michael J. Saylor
Michael Saylor is the Chairman & CEO of MicroStrategy (MSTR), a publicly traded business intelligence firm that he founded in 1989. He is also the founder of Alarm.com (ALRM), named inventor on 40+ patents, & author of the book “The Mobile Wave”. He founded & serves as trustee for the Saylor Academy (saylor.org), a non-profit organization that has provided free education to 800,000+ students. He is an advocate for the Bitcoin Standard (hope.com). He has dual degrees from MIT in Aerospace Engineering & History of Science.

Here is more info on the man, I can't believe he owns that URL :shock: :
https://www.michael.com/

PEACE and welcome to the Metaverse
careinke
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby careinke » Tue 26 Oct 2021, 23:39:52

Hey All,
When I was checking out Saylor's WEB page, I noticed he has his series on "what is money", at the bottom of his page. This is well worth watching. If you watch this you will understand money like never before. I made up a "Table of contents" so you can decide if you want to watch. Bitcoin is not really introduced until Episode 4. A lot of history in the first three Episodes.

Episode 1 - The Rise of Man through The Stone and Iron Ages
Episode 2 - The Rise of Man through the Dark and Steel Ages
Episode 3 - Technology Themes thru History – Harder, Smarter, Faster, Stronger
Episode 4 - Bitcoin: The First Digital Monetary Energy Network
Episode 5 - Channeling Monetary Energy Across Time and Space
Episode 6 - Digital Gold: Harder, Smarter, Stronger, and Faster
Episode 7 - The Virtues of Strong Money
Episode 8 - Bitcoin and Immortal Sovereignty
Episode 9 - Economics, Inflation, Interest Rates, and Natural Competition
Episode 10 - The Death of Gold
Episode 11 - The Failures of Fiat
Episode 12 - Why Bitcoin Succeeds
Episode 13 - Bitcoin is Cybernetic Life
Episode 14 - Bitcoin’s Seven Layers of Security #1
Episode 15 - Bitcoin’s Seven Layers of Security #2
Episode 16 - Bitcoin Economics and Evolution

https://www.michael.com/

PEACE
careinke
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby careinke » Thu 28 Oct 2021, 00:54:59

Thanks for the heads up OS.

Those settlement fines are miniscule compared to a court battle, and no guilty plea was given.

Banks do this ALL the time, they consider it the cost of business. For example here are a few settlements JP Morgan has made in the past:

JP Morgan Securities Admits to Manipulative Trading in US Treasuries
https://www.sec.gov/news/press-release/2020-233

JP Morgan to Pay $267 Million for Disclosure Failures - SEC.gov
https://www.sec.gov/news/pressrelease/2015-283.html

JPMorgan Chase Paying $264 Million to Settle FCPA Charges
https://www.sec.gov/news/pressrelease/2016-241.html

You will find similar settlements with most big banks, brokerage houses, and other investment firms.

So, do you not deal with these institutions either?

The SEC has been asked by crypto exchanges over, and over, for clear guidance on what they needed to do to comply. Their answer, we will see you in court. That may have been a mistake with XRP, looks like they may have to eat some humble pie. :-D

The SEC is a weapon used by our psychopathic elected leads, banks, and the wealthy to not allow everyone the same advantages they have, all in the name of protecting the proles.

BTW Shib broke Coinbase today with the volume of orders, and at one point was up 78% today! Its going to crash so hard, the trick is guessing when. 8)

PEACE
careinke
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Thu 28 Oct 2021, 15:13:10

careinke wrote:Thanks for the heads up OS.

Those settlement fines are miniscule compared to a court battle, and no guilty plea was given.

Banks do this ALL the time, they consider it the cost of business. For example here are a few settlements JP Morgan has made in the past:

JP Morgan Securities Admits to Manipulative Trading in US Treasuries
https://www.sec.gov/news/press-release/2020-233

JP Morgan to Pay $267 Million for Disclosure Failures - SEC.gov
https://www.sec.gov/news/pressrelease/2015-283.html

JPMorgan Chase Paying $264 Million to Settle FCPA Charges
https://www.sec.gov/news/pressrelease/2016-241.html

You will find similar settlements with most big banks, brokerage houses, and other investment firms.

So, do you not deal with these institutions either?

The SEC has been asked by crypto exchanges over, and over, for clear guidance on what they needed to do to comply. Their answer, we will see you in court. That may have been a mistake with XRP, looks like they may have to eat some humble pie. :-D

The SEC is a weapon used by our psychopathic elected leads, banks, and the wealthy to not allow everyone the same advantages they have, all in the name of protecting the proles.

BTW Shib broke Coinbase today with the volume of orders, and at one point was up 78% today! Its going to crash so hard, the trick is guessing when. 8)

PEACE

That's absolutely right re the cost of business and bad behavior by banks at a distressing frequency.

Yet, to me, clearly dishonest behavior isn't at all comforting, regardless of the source or specific context.

For example, despite being net long Tesla over time, Musk's random lip flapping and often very misleading comments (re objective truth or reasonableness re forecasts) is one of the reasons I often make negative comments about Musk (on sites like Seeking Alpha) re Musk, despite my hope that in the long run, Tesla stock goes up, from a purely financial interest.

OTOH, I would NOT give Saylor and his ilk a "pass", re his behavior, whatever my position re crypto-currencies happened to be.

Maybe that makes me an absolute idiot, but that's my moral compass, and that's what I have to live with -- and trying to be true to that is what lets me sleep at night, for better or worse.

And I actually have minimal financial exposure to banks in recent years (a checking account and paying bills automatically), largely due to how often they seem to engage in criminal behavior, and their flagrantly large/powerful lobby with the Beltway.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby careinke » Fri 12 Nov 2021, 05:02:14

Hey all,

I thought you might want to watch this 12 minute video explaining how our internet (WEB 2), is rotting away. It ends up with how decentralized Blockchains can and is replacing WEB 2 with a new WEB 3 to solve the WEB 2 rotting problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rB6vjvYjNE

Bitboy has been a guest speaker in the Texas Senate, and several financial news channels. He is very active in the crypto world and produces numerous videos with a subscriber rate over 1.3 million.

PEACE and I would say Welcome to the Metaverse, but I don't want to be confused with Suckerberg.
careinke
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Armageddon » Fri 12 Nov 2021, 09:09:47

Saitama is the next big thing. Thank me later
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sun 14 Nov 2021, 16:07:32

Armageddon wrote:Saitama is the next big thing. Thank me later

WOW! Another new crypto currency.

How many cyrptocurrencies are out there now?

How many cryptocurrencies do you think there is a market for?

AND If a new cryptocurrency is going to be announced every few weeks, should people just wait until the next one appears and buy it as soon as possible?

That makes a lot of sense If the smartest investing strategy for crypto currency is to completely ignore the merits or fundamentals of each new crypto currency but instead rush to be among the first to buy into each new crypto-currency, in the hopes that other people will pile in later and buy it at a higher price-----is that the best way to play the cryptocurrency market now?

THANKS!
250 million thousand people have died of covid---Joe Biden
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama

-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby careinke » Sun 14 Nov 2021, 17:26:24

Plantagenet wrote:
Armageddon wrote:Saitama is the next big thing. Thank me later

WOW! Another new crypto currency.

How many cyrptocurrencies are out there now? 14,125 cryptos, 430 exchanges, and a 2.8 trillion market cap, give or take a 100 million..

How many cryptocurrencies do you think there is a market for? Good question, if you count NFT's, billions

AND If a new cryptocurrency is going to be announced every few weeks, should people just wait until the next one appears and buy it as soon as possible?That's a bad strategy, newly released tokens usually fall 85% in the first few weeks after release. Some types of NFTs being the big exception.

That makes a lot of sense If the smartest investing strategy for crypto currency is to completely ignore the merits or fundamentals of each new crypto currency but instead rush to be among the first to buy into each new crypto-currency, in the hopes that other people will pile in later and buy it at a higher price-----is that the best way to play the cryptocurrency market now? 95% of all new businesses fail within 4 years, same with crypto. The profit comes from being a small venture capitalist and finding the gems.

THANKS!
Youre welcome.
careinke
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Gabriele Boehm » Sun 14 Nov 2021, 18:42:00

I tried cryptocurrency, was not very satisfied and now I am trying to invest in bitcoin. I don't know if it's a good idea or not, but I'm more of a gambler and so far I like it. Some of my friends are against bitcoin and cryptocurrency, they choose to gamble online. I tried that too , not bad, but not as reliable. They mostly choose this platform https://bonus-jaeger.de/bonus-ohne-einzahlung/ , in case you get interested)
Gabriele Boehm
Wood
Wood

PreviousNext

Return to Economics & Finance