Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Anybody else interested in buying advertising space?

Say hello, learn how to register, read the rules, get staff announcements.

Anybody else interested in buying advertising space?

Unread postby Ayoob_Reloaded » Tue 28 Dec 2004, 11:42:26

I checked into advertising rates, and outdoor bus stop advertising could be as little as $115/mo. I'm not sure how much a premium bus stop ad would cost, but it would be interesting to find out.

www.peakoil.com in black on white with nothing else on the ad would be good. I wouldn't expect Aaron et al to contribute, the do enough on their own. Anybody else interested? Maybe a NYC subway, an LA bus stop, a Chicago bus stop? I wonder if it would actually raise awareness?

I'd be willing to put $50/mo into advertising this issue. Not much more, I have my own fish to fry, but I'd be willing to do something. Anybody else into it?

I wonder if there are government matching grants for political/environmental action groups. I don't really know... I wonder how you find out?
Ayoob_Reloaded
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby TWilliam » Tue 28 Dec 2004, 13:36:58

Ayoob,

I think some public advertising is a great idea. :o

One thing that occurrs to me tho' regarding your specific suggestions: seems to me that a majority of those exposed to the ads are already (by choice or necessity) contributing a substantial energy savings by using public transport. Might not something like bumper stickers be more apropos? Ironic perhaps, but no moreso than all the "Support Our Troops" stickers I see on SUVs... :lol:
TWilliam
Expert
Expert

Unread postby NeoPeasant » Tue 28 Dec 2004, 21:25:55

I would love, just for a week to rent a billboard along our major commuter corridor freeway and just put "google PEAK OIL" on it. If I weren't plowing every extra cent I earn into retiring my mortgage before TSHTF, I would seriously consider donating whatever it would cost toward the cause of public awareness.
NeoPeasant
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby PenultimateManStanding » Tue 28 Dec 2004, 21:48:31

Hasn't Peak Oil already been written up in so many major publications: Wall Street Journal, Barrons, National Geographic, Scientific American etc. etc... My guess is its made the rumor mill through much of the country and internationally. I do admit that many of the people I've talked to about it hadn't heard of it. Usually the reponses is like that of one teacher who seemed interested but smiled and said 'I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.' My guess is that most people are too busy and too disinterested to look into it until the next big round of gas price raises. Its an interesting question, though, what if everyone in this country knew about the issue - would it make an iota of difference? How?
PenultimateManStanding
Expert
Expert

Unread postby gg3 » Tue 28 Dec 2004, 23:40:15

If Aaron et. al. are interested, how'bout selling PO bumper stickers? Get them into circulation via the usual places that sell such things.

If so, feel free to use this:

(large letters, red) "Al Qaeda loves your SUV"
(below that, smaller letters, blue) "Where do you think they got their money from?"
gg3
Expert
Expert

Unread postby TWilliam » Wed 29 Dec 2004, 13:01:14

Oooo... good one gg3!

Or how 'bout "Support Terrorism: Drive More"... :roll:
TWilliam
Expert
Expert

Unread postby NeoPeasant » Mon 03 Jan 2005, 21:46:42

Or write:
google "PEAK OIL"

in the margins of all the paper currency that passes thru your hands. Someone is bound to swallow the red pill.
NeoPeasant
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Return to Welcome