Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

9/11 Redux pt 5

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: 9/11 Redux pt 5

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sun 11 Sep 2016, 13:04:37

onlooker wrote:Yes, I support the 911 families suing the Saudis.....

The 911 victims and families believe they have cause to sue the Saudis because the Saudi's aided the hijackers. Hopefully Obama won't veto the law in order to protect big business and his wealthy Saudi benefactors.

onlooker wrote: Planty.... I am going become a freelance journalist. Oh and Plant, I am glad you can afford to afford to take vacations to exotic locations. Wish I could.

Travel in Europe can be surprisingly cheap----you just have to travel like the Europeans do. Don't go on the expensive tours (who needs a big bus and a loud pushy tour guide anyway or a giant gaudy cruise ship filled with other Americans).

Heres how to go cheap

#1. Stay in cheap hotels and hostels. When I did the Camino de Santiago pilgrimage across northern Spain there were hostels all along the trail. The hostels, run by cities and religious orders, charged 10 Euros a night! And that included breakfast. I would pick up something simple for lunch for a few Euros, and for dinners restaurants served special multi-course "pelligrino" dinners (i.e. special meals for pilgrims---you had to show your pilgrim ID, which you got for free at a hostel) for 10 Euros---including local wines. So I was spending about 25 Euros per day on food and lodging. Heck---I can spend that at home just for a restaurant tab. Now I also rented a bicycle (about 100 Euros for three weeks) and one night the hostels were all full and I stayed in a private home for $25 Euros, and another night I was sick of the bunk beds in the hostels and I splurged out 70 Euros for a three star hotel in some little Spanish town so I could watch English language TV channels and have a private bathroom, but altogether I spent 3 weeks crossing northern Spain on the camino for about 650-700 US dollars, not counting my airfare to Spain.

#2 Go off season. When I went to Greece last spring I went in late March. My airfare from Alaska to Athens RT was $800. The airport hotel in Athens was 100 Euros. But then it got cheap. I flew to the island of Rhodes for 47 euros. My hotel on Rhodes was 50 euros a night. I took public buses to get around Rhodes---a few bucks a trip. Then I went to Paxos by ferry and had an oceanview room in an ocean front hotel for 50 Euros a night. Again, free breakfast. Took public bus around the Island and up to the famous monaserty for the most beautiful hikes in the world down the mountainside to the town, passing by the Cave of the Apocalypse where John wrote the book of Revelations--- except for one day I rented a car --- 15 Euros for the car for the day. Then the ferry to Athens and on to Hydra---one of the most famous and poshy places in Greece. My hotel there was 40 Euros with free breakfast, again with spectacular hikes along the coast to even little towns---one had the best Greek taverna in the world, with grilled octopus to die for. Then ferry back to Athens and three nights at a posh hotel where my room had a view of the Parthenon...again about 50 Euros per night with free breakfast. The deal is european hotels cut their prices by 50% to 75% in the winter!

#3 Figure out how the locals travel. When I went to Sicily and Rome last Christmas holiday I ended with a week in Rome. My beautiful 18 yr old girlfriend and I split the hotel room so thats 50 Euros a night divided by 2 is 25 Euros a night for me, including a wonderful free breakfast! I bought a bus pass good for a week unlimited travel on Rome buses and subways---about 40 Euros or 6 bucks a day. And every European city has what I call the "restaurant street"---an area filled with small sidewalk cafes competing for the cheap travelers money, with very inexpensive but rather nice four course meals for a set, low price. So everyday we'd go a different museum, church, Roman monument, or Roman flea market or street market for free with the transit pass, then returning to the 25 Euros a night great hotel where we talked about the art we had seen, then have a nice dinner and wine on the restaurant street with the trams clattering by our sidewalk cafe, and then up to room for some memorable sexual encounters (18 year olds are inexperienced but enthusiastic). The week in Rome cost about $400 US dollars.

------------------

If you want to travel in europe then I suggest you just go do it. The cheapest possible trip is the Camino. Get a cheap flight to Madrid, take the train to somewhere along the route, check into the hostel, and start walking with the pilgrims. Vaya con Dios!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby onlooker » Sun 11 Sep 2016, 14:06:12

Thanks for the tips Plant. Should consider going to Ibon's resort/haven in Panama . I have seen pictures and read about it. Seems like a nice place especially if your into Nature.
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby toolpush » Sun 11 Sep 2016, 15:45:17

Controlled demolitions are done from the bottom, the plane flew into the top of the building from where the pan caking took place.
toolpush
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sun 11 Sep 2016, 17:25:13

pstarr wrote: I find all the nature I need in wet roadside ditch

Its good to know that when you wake up from a drunken stupor face down in a wet ditch you can still appreciate nature.

Is that really all the nature you need, Petey? Petey? Oh, heck, I'll ask again after you sleep it off. :lol:
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby onlooker » Sun 11 Sep 2016, 17:30:11

Anyway, check this video of people testifying to secondary explosions world trade center https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2cViy34b1A
Apparently many people
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sun 11 Sep 2016, 17:42:36

Explosions produce distinctive bursts of seismic energy that can be picked up on seismometers. The Lamont Doherty Columbia University seismic network has a very clear record of the seismic energy released by the collapse of the twin towers---this real-time record does not show any evidence of explosions.

No doubt people near the site heard the most incredibly loud BOOMS one could every imagine, as tons of steel collapsed and compressed air in the floors below the pancaking building blasted out windows below in the structure. The entire collapse apparently sounded like BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM. However, the seismic record does not record any explosions prior to the collapse, i.e. there were no explosions and no controlled demolition.

WTC_LDEO

Seismic records show there were no explosions and hence no controlled demolition prior to the collapse of the WTC towers.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby onlooker » Sun 11 Sep 2016, 18:37:19

14203323_1818446985042227_1760066985310708890_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby onlooker » Sun 11 Sep 2016, 18:48:27

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/WRHAR ... osion.html

The North Tower collapsed at 10:28 am, after burning for 102 minutes.
People in the area of the World Trade Center heard three explosions prior to each collapse. Nothing to do with the planes crashing.
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sun 11 Sep 2016, 19:01:11

The physics of fires is a complicated subject. Yes the temperature of an open flame burning on a pool of jet fuel will be about 1500° F.

But the fire in the WTC wasn't an open fire----it was a fire in a confined space, i.e. what is known as a room fire. The temperatures in room fires can be MUCH HIGHER then the temperature of an open fire. Also, the WTC fire was big and hot enough that it drew air into itself, creating what is in effect a convective furnace. You can observe this effect in a simple campfire---blow on a piece of wood and it glows hotter ---- the same effect was operating at the WTC.

The combination of the "room fire" effect and the convective furnace effect didn't have to melt the steel beams, as you are imagining. What happened is the the fire was hot enough to weaken the brackets holding the floor girders to the structural steel holding up the outer skin of the building and the floors gave way, pancaking downwards.

Check out this video of a guy bending structural steel with his pinky after heating it to only 1800°F-----this is what happened at the WTC.

debunking jet fuel argument

cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Sun 11 Sep 2016, 20:01:25

Thermite isn't explosive, it burns slow & hot. Very hot.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby onlooker » Sun 11 Sep 2016, 20:34:51

The catastrophic destruction of the World Trade Center complex is said by government reports to have resulted from structural failure due mainly to fires initiated by the impacts of the airplanes. A closer look at the evidence reveals a much more disturbing crime.

Apart from the fact that no steel-framed high-rise building has ever collapsed due to fire prior to or since Sept. 11, the manner in which the buildings came down is itself a substantial cause for re-investigation. A collapse due to fire would likely proceed gradually with large deformations visible in the building’s perimeter, with the building tipping over slowly in the direction of the steadily weakening structural members – to the path of least resistance.

Yet the Twin Towers both came down quite suddenly, without warning, and without any “jolts” that would indicate the upper mass impacting the lower mass. The smooth rate of descent was measured at 2/3 of free-fall. In other words, the building was accelerating (traveling faster and faster second by second) straight down through what should have been the path of greatest resistance – the 80,000 tons of structural steel below that was at least five times stronger than necessary to resist this load. Physicists and other experts agree that this could have happened only if the underlying supporting structures were removed ahead of the falling upper building mass. The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) acknowledges that each building was destroyed in fewer than a dozen seconds, and that they “came down essentially in free-fall”.
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Sun 11 Sep 2016, 22:14:08

pstarr wrote:Sea, if it was 1800°F how do you explain the lady?

Everything I have to say on this topic is in the logs. I don't want to invest more time or thought on the matter. I mentioned thermite being non explosive in response to Planty ranting. To me the whole thing stinks to hell & appears to not improve with time.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 12 Sep 2016, 19:14:47

Obama has decided----he will veto the law allowing 911 survivors and family members to sue the Saudis for their role in funding and abetting the hijackers in the 911 attacks.

obama-veto-9-11-victims-bill

No surprise there---Obama is probably already booked in to give a few talks for a million bucks per speech in Riyadh after he leaves office. :lol:
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 14 Sep 2016, 12:39:57

Saudis threaten US over 911 victim's law

saudis-threaten-us-passage-sept-11-law-will-lead-instability-chaos-and-extremism

Its completely unnecessary for KSA to publicly threaten the US----Obama has already said he will veto the 911 law and protect the Saudis from being sued by 911 survivors and their families for their purported role in the attack. :idea:
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Plantagenet » Thu 22 Sep 2016, 20:00:42

House Rs will send subpoena Obama administration to get the Osama bin Laden files released.

house-intel-chairman-subpoena-bin-laden-files

Now we're getting somewhere. The obama stonewalling on Osama's ties to the Saudi regime has to end---Its time to make these documents public.

Whatever happened to transparency? Release the Osama bin Laden documents now, Mr. president.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Plantagenet » Fri 23 Sep 2016, 01:15:12

pstarr wrote:Planty, were Osama's ties to the Saudi regime supposed to be dark secret?

Apparently thats what Obama thinks Petey. He won't release the Osama bin Laden files.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to North America Discussion