Page added on June 24, 2020

Covid-19 has led to a pandemic of plastic pollution

Covid-19 has led to a pandemic of plastic pollution thumbnail

As the world produces more protective equipment—and gorges on takeaways—pity the oceans

THE THAMES has always been a reflector of the times, says Lara Maiklem, a London “mudlark”. Ms Maiklem spends her days on the river’s foreshore foraging for history’s detritus, from Roman pottery to Victorian clay pipes. She can tell the time of year, she says, just by the type of rubbish she has to sift through: champagne bottles during the first week of January; footballs in summer. The year 2020 has left its own mark. Since the coronavirus reached Britain the mud has sprouted a crop of latex gloves.

In February, half a world away, Gary Stokes docked his boat on Hong Kong’s isolated Soko Island. Soko’s beaches are where OceansAsia, the conservation organisation he runs, sporadically records levels of plastic pollution. Mr Stokes says he is all too accustomed to finding the jetsam the modern world throws up, such as plastic drinks bottles and supermarket carrier-bags. But what he documented that day made news across Hong Kong: 70 surgical facemasks on a 100-metre stretch of beach. Having cleaned it up, he went back four days later. Like a stubborn weed, the masks had returned.

Whether on the foreshore of the Thames or the deserted beaches of Soko, the planet is awash with pandemic plastic. Data are hard to come by but, for example, consumption of single-use plastic may have grown by 250-300% in America since the coronavirus took hold, says Antonis Mavropoulos of the International Solid Waste Association (ISWA), which represents recycling bodies in 102 countries. Much of that increase is down to demand for products designed to keep covid-19 at bay, including masks, visors and gloves. According to a forecast from Grand View Research, the global disposable-mask market will grow from an estimated $800m in 2019 to $166bn in 2020.

Staggering though such figures are, personal protection is only part of the story. Lockdowns have also led to a boom in e-commerce. In March, as parts of America and Europe shut up shop, some 2.5bn customers are reckoned to have visited Amazon’s website, a 65% increase on last year. In China, more than 25% of physical goods were bought online during the first quarter of the year, according to the Peterson Institute for International Economics, a think-tank in Washington, DC.

Much of what is bought online comes wrapped in plastic—and the bad kind at that. Goods are often packaged in plastic comprising several layers. That keeps the contents safe in aeroplane holds and on delivery lorries. It also makes it nearly impossible to recycle the plastic. At the same time, the locked-down masses have been consuming home deliveries from restaurants in record numbers. First-quarter sales at Uber Eats, one of America’s biggest restaurant-delivery apps, for example, rose by 54% year on year. Every extra portion of curry, or pot of garlic dip, means more plastic waste.

If the public’s increasing appetite for single-use plastic worries environmentalists, then so too does its diminishing inclination to recycle materials that can be reused. In Athens, for example, there has been a 150% increase in the amount of plastic found in the general-waste stream, says Mr Mavropoulos. Anecdotal evidence from ISWA members suggests this is a worldwide trend. An unwillingness to recycle might be explained by people’s nervousness about venturing out to put waste in recycling bins. Or it might just be that lockdowns have put more pressing matters into their minds, prompting a slip in their diligence.

Covid-19 has led to a glut in plastic waste in other ways. For one, the pandemic caused a crash in the oil price. Because petroleum is a major constituent of most plastics, they became cheaper to produce, says David Xi of the University of Warwick. That in turn gave firms less incentive to use the recycled stuff. But the growth of plastic rubbish is mainly caused by the fact that municipalities around the world have curtailed their recycling schemes. Collections have been cut back and plants have been shut over fears about spreading the contagion. Worries about contaminated rubbish have also made some refuse collectors and sorters nervous about going into work (the virus can survive for about 72 hours on plastic).

All of which means that much of the plastic produced this year is ending up either in landfill sites or being incinerated. Both could store up future problems. Landfills, especially in poor countries, are often little more than open dumps. They are responsible for some of the biggest leakages of plastics into oceans, says Mr Mavropoulos. Because the material is light, it is easily swept by rain or wind into waterways.

Incineration is not much better. Again, particularly in the developing world where facilities can be shoddy, not only can burning plastics create toxins, but it also often fails to obliterate the plastic, leaving considerable levels of nano- and micro-particles. These can both be emitted into the atmosphere, where they can cause cancers, or leach into groundwater and eventually into oceans.

There is no academic consensus on whether plastics in the oceans, once they are broken down by salt and sun into micro-particles, are particularly dangerous to animals. Polymers, on which plastics are based, are chemically inert, although some additives can be toxic. But given the huge natural experiment now under way, researchers may soon have a clearer idea. “We are only just starting to understand the potential impacts of nanoparticles and the way in which they can penetrate into living cells in marine organisms as well,” says Dan Parsons, director of the Energy and Environment Institute at the University of Hull. “Plastic nanomaterials released into the environment could be the asbestos of the seas.”

Indeed, like the virus itself, pandemic-era plastic pollution is hitting the poor hardest, says Inger Andersen, executive director of the United Nations Environment Programme. In low-income countries, 93% of waste goes into open dumps, she says. And where there are incinerators, they tend to be of low quality. Even in rich countries, the poor are more likely to live closer to facilities that deal with rubbish, says Ms Andersen.

There are good reasons why the public has turned to plastics, says Mr Parsons: “People know that it protects them” from the coronavirus. Not only that, points out Ms Andersen, it is hardly fair to blame manufacturers for producing environmentally unfriendly protective equipment—or consumers for buying it—given the global scramble to obtain the materials needed to make the masks and visors that keep health workers and others safe. And a world in which less plastic is produced would not necessarily be a greener one. Because the material is light, it often causes lower emissions when it is transported than alternatives do.

But what worries Mr Parsons is that years spent trying to change the public’s attitude towards single-use plastic might now be lost. Preliminary findings from research his team has conducted suggest that the public has reverted to its earlier insouciance about plastic waste. The pandemic has already encouraged the rolling back of anti-plastic legislation, such as taxes on single-use grocery bags in some American states, or a ban on plastic straws in Britain. Ironically, that may even help the climate. But just as covid-19 has scarred families and harmed livelihoods across the world, its effect on the planet will linger, too, in the world’s landfills and oceans.

Economist

103 Comments on "Covid-19 has led to a pandemic of plastic pollution"

1. FamousDrScanlon on Wed, 24th Jun 2020 3:16 pm

AH HA!!! THAT PROVES BEYOND ANY DOUBT THAT COVID IS A HOAX PERPETRATED BY BIG PETROCHEMICAL & BIG PLASTIC TO STEAL OUR TAXES FREEDUM LIBERTY & FIRST BORN. WHAT ELSE CAN IT BE?????? I JUST KNOW IT!! SOMEONE SENT ME A PICTURE SHOWING GEORGE SOROS USING PLASTIC. WHAT MORE EVIDENCE DO YOU NEED?? ALSO I KNOW A GUY WHO HAS A COUSIN WHO KNOWS A GUY WHO SAID HIS FRIEND SAY SOROS HAVING DINNER WITH ANOTHER LIBERAL WHO HAS $23,400 WORTH OF BIG PLASTIC STOCK IN HIS PORTFOLIO.
    LIBTARDS BUSTED AGAIN!!!!!!!!

Signed, FreedumLibertyLoverJoe6972, AKA,every right wing conspiracy blog owner on the internet.

Tune in next week to check out my next(23rd) Covid conspiracy. And don’t forget to not notice how it contradicts 3/4 of my previous claims.

2. Abraham van Helsing on Wed, 24th Jun 2020 6:48 pm

“The Marxists of BLM are gonna succeed in securing the biggest thing they despise – a second term for Trump“

I think surprising large numbers of blacks could vote for Trump and opt for four more years of America rather than a BLM revolution.

3. Abraham van Cloggie Reports on Wed, 24th Jun 2020 7:35 pm

Right. Abraham van Cloggie has his pulse on voting patterns of the American people-lol.

Add to list of van Cloggie’s masturbatory wet dreams.

4. Davy on Wed, 24th Jun 2020 8:30 pm

Thats right. Here in America we have freedom and democracy, unlike the shithole cloggo is supposedly from. We have the best democracy in the world, with a choice of exactly two interchangeable revolving door parties whose positions on all matters of import are virtually identical from one another. As are the politicians themselves who regularly move back and forth between the two.

I am an proud American voter cloggo, and when it comes time to cast my absentee mail-in ballot instructing someone I dont know how to cast my electronic vote on machines whose inner workings I dont understand, and controlled by the only two parties allowed to run in my great country, I will be there, in spirit, to have my loud, obnoxious voice heard.

Sort of, but not really.

So take that, stupid nedernatzi fraud.

5. FamousDrScanlon on Wed, 24th Jun 2020 8:36 pm

I am with Davy. Stupid people like immigrants from South America need to go home to their shitholes.

6. FamousDrScanlon on Wed, 24th Jun 2020 8:41 pm

We (juanPee, JuanP, supremist muzzie jerk, Richard Guenette, Boney Joe, Truth Buster, Gaia, Kenz300,DT, Rick, Socialrevolutioncoming…..are spending less time on this lame unmoderated forum to concentrate on our chronic depression. We want to thank Davy for moderating us because we need it. We have saved the best of are comments for are new blog. We have years worth of sock material. We have enjoyed being moderating and neutering because our agendas. We will still be here it is just we will be spending more time putting laying in the fetal position in bed. We don’t expect much of help with depression. This is more a suicidal condition over the last 10 years of formulating are REAL Depressed. Many of my suicidal thoughts and filthy lifestyles our my egotistical way of life. We plagiarize and do ID theft daily ruining this forum. Anyone can kill themselves. Do it if it feels good I am thinking about it. For stalkers like me I hope I find more stalking opportunities. LOL. There will be a prize for anyone who can find where I live and rat me out. Double LOL. Anyway fuck are all of you I hate everyone including myself. I guess we could post more on the moderated section at PO dot com, but we knew we’d get are ass permanently banned for the socks and ID theft stupidity. We’ll try not to let the door smack us up the backside on the way out.

Goodbye to ALL of you dumbasses.

7. FamousDrScanlon on Wed, 24th Jun 2020 9:20 pm

van Horsing, Marxists? How so? Have you read Marx? I mean more than the few oft repeated, oft out of context quotes from others who also have not read the source material but pretend they have. Marx & Adam Smith are the most popular for that deceit.

I call it the Cliff notes, Cliff note, Cliff note, Cliff notes speed learning, instant expert 101 class. The entire semester is 9.5 minutes long.

This deluded sub-tribe you are utterly obsessed with seems to me to more closely resemble the Marx brothers than Marxists.

8. Real Dumb on Wed, 24th Jun 2020 10:11 pm

So true FamousDrScanlon/Pink Poodle. So true.

frikkin lunatic

9. Davy on Wed, 24th Jun 2020 10:55 pm

Davy’s pink poodle comes out to play when he’s feeling horny and desires a humper pumper #9.

10. MUZZ-19 = CONVICT-19 on Wed, 24th Jun 2020 11:15 pm

muzzie killed 3 butt buggers in UK
    butt buggers said it’s infidels fault

when muzzie killes it’s infidel fault
    when infidel roast muzzies it’s infidels fault

11. MUZZ-19 = CONVICT-19 on Wed, 24th Jun 2020 11:19 pm

rich muzzie hadid always broke the law then complained racism and anti muzzie sentiments

govt. is very muzzie lovin’ so this does not compute

12. Davy on Thu, 25th Jun 2020 2:40 am

I (davy, , delusional, demented, deranaged, lunactic, exceptionalist, pink poodle, etc etc,,etc …..are spending less time on this lame unmoderated forum to concentrate on my chronic delusions. I want to curse all the fuckwaks for moderating me because I need it. I have saved the dumbest of my stupid comments for my documents. I have years worth of sock material. I have enjoyed being a pretend moderator and neutering because
    of my stupid agendas and general insanity. I will still be here it is just I will be spending more time socking and stalking in the fetal position clutching my iphone. I don’t expect much of help with my rage and depression since we have no public health in America to speak of. This is more a suicidal condition over the last 10 years of formulating my REAL Depressed way. Many of my suicidal thoughts and filthy lifestyles are the result of my egotistical way of life. I plagiarize and do ID theft daily ruining this forum. Anyone can kill themselves, except me it seems. I am thinking about it though. For stalkers like me I hope I find more stalking opportunities. LOL. There will be a prize for anyone who can find where I live and rat me out. (Its DENT co. Missery dumbasses) Double LOL. Anyway fuck are all of you I hate everyone including myself. I guess we could post more on the moderated section at PO dot com, but I know I’d get my dumbass permanently banned for the socks and ID theft stupidity. I’ll try not to let the door smack me up the backside on the way out.

Goodbye to ALL of you dumbasses.

13. FamousDrScanlon on Thu, 25th Jun 2020 3:03 am

Virus Cases Are Soaring in Texas. But Closing Down Again Is a ‘Last Option.’

“Mr. Abbott, the governor of the country’s largest Republican-controlled state, reopened Texas in May, eager to be part of President Trump’s push to restart the economy sooner rather than later. But the reopening has backfired, creating the makings of a political and public health disaster that is putting the lives of Texans at risk, adding ammunition to Mr. Abbott’s long-running war with the Democrats who run the state’s biggest cities and drawing unusually sharp criticism from fellow Republicans.”

Dr. Hotez and other public health experts, along with several local elected officials, have blamed the uptick in the virus on Mr. Abbott’s decision to speedily reopen the state.

tate Senator Bob Hall, a Republican from East Texas, wrote in a posting online. “Who knew the flame of Texas Liberty would be extinguished, by the stroke of a pen, without a shot fired?”

It’s still just the flu and/or a hoax bro…….and it always will be regardless of the increasing numbers of infections, hospitalizations, permanent damage & the death count or the fact that it’s not over with no end in sight.

I bet if the average right wingnut
    Hoax-A-tard had half his family die of Covid, he’d boycott their funerals on the grounds they betrayed him (and the flame of Texas Liberty) by taking part in a dastardly LibTard hoax.

14. Abraham van Helsing on Thu, 25th Jun 2020 3:57 am

Here is one for our resident Marxist ShabbyDrScamLoon to chew on:

A sinister-looking Dr Priyamvada Gopal, sold as an “English (sic) academic” and “Churchill fellow”, misusing the hospitality she is enjoying in the still somewhat English society, has contributed her little share to the upcoming “rivers of blood” by stating:

“white lives don’t matter”
    “abolish whiteness”

Her colleagues at the what once was the Great University of Cambridge, rushed to defend her against evil attempts to get her fired via a petition, using “freedom of speech” as the excuse:

“Cambridge University Defends Academic Who Said “White Lives Don’t Matter””

Obviously that “academic freedom” did not apply when an intelligence researcher named Noah Carl began to investigate the relationship between race and IQ and who was fired within 2 seconds after some libtard began to protest, because his results could be used against the racial-Marxist agenda, virulent at most of all Anglo universities.

Christian whitey and Anglos in particular, love to think they can afford a vacation from the eternal Darwinian struggle for life and instead prefer to “embrace” this Gopal witch as a “sister”, “one of our own” (after all, she speaks English, Commonwealth, British Empire, Global Britain, tadada, tadada), who immediately smells the moral weakness and lack of ethnic pride of her English colleagues and begins to demand that the latter hand over their precious but otherwise worthless white genes, so the Gopal’s of this world can enjoy a major genetic upgrade as an Indian-English mulatto. Result: English biosphere drowning in the third world gene pool, intellectually backed by the “Best Brains of Britain”.

Thousands of years of genetic advantage down the drain, thanks to secular-Christianity + toxic influence of the Open Society mongers of the Soros variety.

That howling of laughter btw you hear in the background, that’s from Hitler in his undisclosed grave.

All we in continental Europe, Russia and China need to do is watching amused how the ShabbyDrScamLoon’s of this world commit social suicide and achieve for us what no Eurasian armament program could have ever achieved.

15. joe on Thu, 25th Jun 2020 5:44 am

Media bullshit talking up a second wave. Get vaccine go vote, no Dem vote rigging 2020.

16. Davy on Thu, 25th Jun 2020 6:02 am

A major defeat for the criminal resistance!

“Flynn Dismissal Order ‘Thoroughly Demolishes’ Dissenting Judge’s Opinion”

“Hours after the US Court of Appeals for DC ordered Judge Emmett Sullivan to grant the DOJ’s request to drop the case, the retired ‘resistance’ judge hired to defend Sullivan’s actions has filed a motion requesting an extension to file his findings against Flynn. The D.C. Appeals Court today vacated the lawless appointment of a left-wing shadow prosecutor to go after Flynn. Gleeson, the Resistance dead-ender hired by Sullivan, is ignoring the order and plowing ahead with his illegal inquisition against Flynn. https://t.co/bOeG7pRJxv — Sean Davis (@seanmdav) June 24, 2020 In a major victory for Michael Flynn, the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit has ordered Judge Emmet Sullivan to grant the Justice Department’s request to dismiss the case against the former Trump National Security Adviser.”

17. Davy on Thu, 25th Jun 2020 6:06 am

Big statement against 100% renewable Europe:

“Norway Is Expanding Its Arctic Oil Drilling Operations”

“According to the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD), Norway has so far produced 48 percent of the recoverable resources on the shelf. This means that more than half are still untapped. Last week, Norway announced the annual licensing round for oil and gas exploration in mature areas on the shelf, expanding the total acreage up for grabs by 36 blocks west of the Norwegian Sea. The so-called Awards in Predefined Areas (APA) are announced every year and comprise the mature parts with known geology and good infrastructure already in place, allowing tie-backs to existing infrastructure for any new discoveries.”

18. Davy on Thu, 25th Jun 2020 6:16 am

“A Brief History Of Antifa: Part II”

“American media outlets sympathetic to Antifa have jumped to its defense. They argue that the group cannot be classified as a terrorist organization because, they claim, it is a vaguely-defined protest movement that lacks a centralized structure. As the following report shows, Antifa is, in fact, highly networked, well-funded and has a clear ideological agenda: to subvert, often with extreme violence, the American political system, with the ultimate aim of replacing capitalism with communism. In the United States, Antifa’s immediate aim is to remove President Trump from office…In America, national Antifa groups, including “Torch Antifa Network,” “Refuse Fascism” and “World Can’t Wait” are being financed — often generously, as shown below — by individual donors as well as by large philanthropic organizations, including the Open Society Foundations founded by George Soros…In an interview with The Epoch Times, Bernard B. Kerik, former police commissioner of the New York City Police Department, said that Antifa “100 percent exploited” the George Floyd protests: “It’s in 40 different states and 60 cities; it would be impossible for somebody outside of Antifa to fund this. It’s a radical, leftist, socialist attempt at revolution. “They’re coming from other cities. That cost money. They didn’t do this on their own. Somebody’s paying for this. “What Antifa is doing is they’re basically hijacking the black community as their army. They instigate, they antagonize, they get these young black men and women to go out there and do stupid things, and then they disappear off into the sunset.”

19. Davy on Thu, 25th Jun 2020 6:27 am

“Did Obama/Biden Lie? Strzok’s Newly Discovered FBI Notes Reignite “Obamagate””

“The belated discovery of disgraced FBI agent Peter Strzok’s January 2017 notes raises troubling new questions about whether President Obama and Vice President Joe Biden were coordinating efforts during their final days in office to investigate Trump national security adviser Michael Flynn — even as the FBI wanted to shut down the case…But they appear to illuminate an extraordinary high-level effort by outgoing Obama-era officials during the first weekend of January to find a way to sustain a counterintelligence investigation of Flynn in the absence of any evidence of wrongdoing. The Justice Department says the notes were written between Jan. 3-5, 2017, the very weekend the FBI agent who had investigated Flynn’s ties to Russia for five months recommended the case be closed because there was “no derogatory” evidence that he committed a crime or posed a counterintelligence threat. FBI supervisors overruled the agent’s recommendation. Strzok’s notes appear to quote then-FBI Director James Comey as suggesting that Flynn’s intercepted calls with Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak “appear legit,” bolstering other recently disclosed evidence showing the bureau saw nothing wrong with Flynn’s behavior. The notes also suggest Biden — who once claimed he had no knowledge of the Flynn probe — raised the issue of the Logan Act, an obscure, centuries-old law, as a possible avenue for continuing to investigate Flynn. And Strzok appears to quote Obama as suggesting the FBI assign “the right people” to pursue the case…Sidney Powell, Flynn’s lawyer, laid out the potential ramifications of the notes in a court filing on Wednesday, calling the new evidence “stunning and exculpatory.” “Mr. Obama himself directed that ‘the right people’ investigate General Flynn. This caused former FBI Director Comey to acknowledge the obvious: General Flynn’s phone calls with Ambassador Kislyak ‘appear legit,’” Powell argued in her new motion. “According to Strzok’s notes, it appears that Vice President Biden personally raised the idea of the Logan Act. That became an admitted pretext to investigate General Flynn,” she added.”

20. REALLY Green Hypocrite on Thu, 25th Jun 2020 6:35 am

Dearest Davy,

“A major defeat for the criminal resistance!”

If this is what constitutes “a major defeat”, the resistance is in an excellent position.

Enlightening for sure.

Just over four months before sanity returns.

21. REAL Green Hypocrite on Thu, 25th Jun 2020 6:38 am

Remember folks, only a REAL Green Hypocrite supports an administration that denies climate change and has spent the last four years replacing government scientists with industrial lobbyists and weakening America’s clean air and water standards.

22. Davy on Thu, 25th Jun 2020 6:39 am

“Smith: The Insanity Of The Political Left And The Balkanization Of The US”

“Can leftists and conservatives of our modern era peacefully coexist within the same society? If someone asked me this question only ten years ago I would have said “Sure, it’s possible”. Today, the answer is a resounding “No way”. The political divide has become so vast that there is simply no chance for the two sides to reconcile or come to reasonable terms, and make no mistake, this is not a two-sided disaster; the majority of the damage is being done by one side of this equation… ‘Order Out Of Chaos: The Defeat Of The Left Comes With A Cost’ I stated: “When I mentioned in my last article the crippling of social justice, I did not mention that this could have some negative reverberations. With Trump and conservatives taking near-total power after the Left had assumed they would never lose again, their reaction has been to transform. They are stepping away from the normal activities and mindset of cultural Marxism and evolving into full blown communists. Instead of admitting that their ideology is a failure in every respect, they are doubling down. When this evolution is complete, the Left WILL resort to direct violent action on a larger scale, and they will do so with a clear conscience because, in their minds, they are fighting fascism. Ironically, it will be this behavior by leftists that may actually push conservatives towards a fascist model. Conservatives might decide to fight crazy with more crazy.”… If there is one behavior that stands out above all others as a defining trait of the social justice left, in my opinion it is their obsession with exploiting tragedy and crisis for their own personal and political gain. The George Floyd incident, a terrible event to be sure, should have been held up as a prime example of police abuse, yet it was immediately twisted by BLM into an issue of “systemic racism”. There is no proof of systemic racism. There’s not even any proof that George Floyd was killed because he was black. Police abuse is something which concerns every American equally, not just black Americans. But the BLM has obscured the real issue of police accountability and made it about the delusion of “white supremacy” and an attack on basically every element of American heritage and tradition. This will alienate millions of Americans who would have otherwise agreed to certain points and arguments. The narrative was hijacked by the political left and they reveled in the death of George Floyd as a means to push numerous unrelated agendas forward as quickly as possible. These agendas include a vast array of censorship in social media and the firestorm of cancel culture, threatening anyone who does not agree with the prevailing leftist narrative. People are losing their platforms, their jobs, and their reputations are being dragged through the mud, and the mainstream media is helping to make this happen.”

23. FamousDrScanlon on Thu, 25th Jun 2020 6:42 am

Dearest JuanP, why don’t you just come out as ourselves and debate Davy on the subject. I think the translation is we are triggered so we behave like we do. REALLY Green Hypocrite is us JuanP.

24. Davy on Thu, 25th Jun 2020 6:42 am

Remember folks, my sources are limited to Zero IQ and right-wing rags.

But I’m really Green, fair, and balanced.

I know, I know, I am the definition of a toadeater.

25. FamousDrScanlon on Thu, 25th Jun 2020 6:46 am

Dearest JuanP, why don’t we go to the moderated side and comment? I guess we are feeling crazy today so we will spam the unmoderated side.

26. Davy on Thu, 25th Jun 2020 6:49 am

JuanP on Thu, 25th Jun 2020 6:42 am

“Remember folks, my sources are limited to Zero IQ and right-wing rags. But I’m really Green, fair, and balanced. I know, I know, I am the definition of a toadeater.”

JuanP, there is nothing green about you. You live in he heart of dirty and brown, Miami Beach. You have no positions only opposition to reason with your psychopathic socks and ID theft. You are a multiple personality narcissistic lunatic craving legitimacy but instead needs therapy.

27. RepubliCON Insanity on Thu, 25th Jun 2020 6:49 am

More RepubliCON/Trumptarded Insanity:

Virus Cases Are Soaring in Texas. But Closing Down Again Is a ‘Last Option.’

Greg Abbott, the Republican governor of the country’s largest Republican-controlled state, is facing increasing pressure over his decision to open the economy.

nyt.com

28. FamousDrScanlon on Thu, 25th Jun 2020 6:50 am

More RepubliCON/Trumptarded Insanity:

Virus Cases Are Soaring in Texas. But Closing Down Again Is a ‘Last Option.’

nyt.com

29. RepubliCON Insanity on Thu, 25th Jun 2020 6:56 am

Not surprising COVID infections are soaring in RepubliCON controlled states and declining in Democratic states:

States with highest new viral infections:
    Oklahoma, Texas, West Virginia, Idaho, Florida

States with lowest new infections:
    Illinois, Mass, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Maryland, New Jersey, New York

30. FamousDrScanlon on Thu, 25th Jun 2020 6:58 am

Dearest JuanP, lets go to the moderated side and show how smart we are. Our RepubliCON Insanity sock comments might work over there.

31. Davy on Thu, 25th Jun 2020 7:02 am

“Flood alert at Three Gorges Dam”

“A flood alert has been raised near China’s famous Three Gorges Dam after the country suffered its heaviest rainfall in 70 years. Torrential rain has been causing chaos throughout the country’s southwest this month, with many rivers overflowing and mass evacuations. Heavy rains over the past three weeks have led to disasters being declared in 24 provinces and municipalities, especially near the upper reaches of the Yangtze River and the Three Gorges Dam. This is reportedly the largest flooding since 1949 and a serious challenge for the world’s largest dam. It has affected more than 85 million people and led to the collapse of at least 7,300 homes, with damage put at 20.7 billion yuan (about US$3 billion) so far. In Chongqing, authorities dredged 100,000 tonnes of silt on Monday night as the level of the Yantgtze rose.”

32. Someone stole Davy's little red wagon on Thu, 25th Jun 2020 7:05 am

Dear DavyScum:

Facts are not open to debate except for those residing in a Trumptarded alternative reality where fake news/conspiracies dominate.

You are more than welcome to share this information since we all know you are dedicated to seeking the truth, lol.

I’m so sorry it’s upsetting you, dear.

33. joe on Thu, 25th Jun 2020 7:16 am

liberal cities collapsing, potential voter fraud, media screeching scamdemic 2.0 (what happened to ‘follow the science’?) despite vaccines due in WEEKS!
    Bluff Labour Movement promoting riots in the UK, Brexit law to kick in making it illegal to extend transiton period.
    Unmask the Deepstate. Extradite Prince Andrew, free Julian Assange!

34. Cloggie on Thu, 25th Jun 2020 7:22 am

Big statement against 100% renewable Europe:

“Norway Is Expanding Its Arctic Oil Drilling Operations”

Absurd conclusion. Norway is one of the biggest funders in the world of the renewable energy transition. The reason why such a small country like Norway is able to be a big time funder in the first place, is because of its oil wealth.

Go back to Start, no cigar.

Hey lookies! US is busy to install another cute little offshore wind “park”:

Europeans doing the building.

35. joe on Thu, 25th Jun 2020 7:37 am

China for Iraqi oil!

China
    By Simon Watkins – Jun 24, 2020, 6:00 PM CDT
    Iran is pressing Iraq to expand its already game-changing oil and gas infrastructure deal with China.

36. FamousDrScanlon on Thu, 25th Jun 2020 8:09 am

“Someone stole Davy’s little red wagon”

Dearest JuanP, why do we do mindless socks to stalk Davy obsessively like the one above? We Really need to see a doctor.

37. Dredd on Thu, 25th Jun 2020 8:24 am

Don’t blame it on a virus, blame it on irresponsible human behavior (On The Origin Of The Home Of COVID-19 – 7).

38. Lord Fu Man Chu of Wuhan on Thu, 25th Jun 2020 8:54 am

Oh Sweet Jeebus Isa beena sharting all days along!
    meeza thinksa ita coulda bee bad this time!
    Liquid covid sharts!
    The end is nigh!

39. Someone stole Davy's little red wagon on Thu, 25th Jun 2020 9:26 am

Dearest Davy,

Stop pouting. Continuing to throw temper tantrums gets you nowhere, except maybe in the third grade when the teacher called you out for special attention. You should know all of this by now.

40. Someone stole Davy's little red wagon on Thu, 25th Jun 2020 9:30 am

Dearest Davy,

Friendly advice. Designate a time-out room when you find yourself pouting and tantruming.

It’s worth a shot.

41. REAL Dumb on Thu, 25th Jun 2020 9:44 am

We only been over at the moderated side fer a few weeks now and we already got us a reputashun Davy.

42. Davy on Thu, 25th Jun 2020 11:36 am

Ya no REAL Dumb. We was just thinkin. Everyone here on the lame unmoderated sides bin calling us a hypocrite fer years. We been on the moderated side a few weeks and now we’re being called a hypocrite there to? What does it all mean? Were not shur?

43. FamousDrScanlon on Thu, 25th Jun 2020 2:13 pm

clog, will you please notify me when/if this fictional ‘energy transition’ is ever on its way to becoming a reality? Thanks.

I don’t see any indication of transitioning.

40 years ago 86% of total world energy use came from fossil fuels & that ratio has not changed. The only change has been in the gross.

To even begin to get my attention & stop laughing, I’d need to see a minimum 10% shift from 86% FF – 14% ‘renewable’ to 76% FF – 24% ‘renewable’.

Then there’s the fact that electricity only makes up 20% of world energy use.

Keep the faith……….if you must.

44. Cloggie on Thu, 25th Jun 2020 2:55 pm

“I don’t see any indication of transitioning.“

Putting your blinders off could help:

45. Abraham van Helsing on Thu, 25th Jun 2020 3:03 pm

“8 American monuments celebrating anti-Semites“

Jewish magazine The Forward gives their BLM useful idiots a few statue target hints.

46. ZOMFG you guyes on Thu, 25th Jun 2020 4:11 pm

Minnesota State Rep: Antifa and Muslim Groups Plan to ‘Police Minneapolis Under muzzie sharia Rule’

47. ZOMFG guyes on Thu, 25th Jun 2020 4:40 pm

america’s downfall is that americans no longer enjoy (((supremetard))) ck

muzzie ck is exquisite and americans love it. the euro’s love muzzie ck as well.

that’s why sharia is for minneapolis

it’s just muzzie ck and industrial pot which whitey supertard president saint dr. russel baylock wrote about extensively.

industrial pot will make users crave muzzie ck even more, like having munchies

48. joe on Thu, 25th Jun 2020 4:44 pm

Karl Marx Racist Quotes.

Marx had a racial vision that might be interesting to his modern-day black supporters. In a letter to Engels, in reference to his socialist political competitor Ferdinand Lassalle, Marx wrote:

It is now completely clear to me that he, as is proved by his cranial formation and his hair, descends from the Negroes who had joined Moses’ exodus from Egypt, assuming that his mother or grandmother on the paternal side had not interbred with a n—–. Now this union of Judaism and Germanism with a basic Negro substance must produce a peculiar product.

49. FamousDrScanlon on Thu, 25th Jun 2020 4:44 pm

clog, the blind progressive environmentalist. High consuming Political environmentalist, which is nothing like a real environmentalist (rare breed in jail, off grid or shoot dead if they’re the S. American variety). Real environmentalist don’t spend 12 hrs a day, everyday on their computer pimping bunk, mean nothing stats.

The Loophole: How American forests fuel the EU’s appetite for ‘green’ energy

“Once a merely residential product, fueling wood stoves and backyard smokers, wood pellets now power massive electric utilities in countries like the UK, where the government has subsidized the transition from coal and other fossil fuels to renewable energy sources. In 2015, the Drax power station alone, the largest in the UK, generated enough electricity from its “biomass” units to power 4.1 million homes, or 3 percent of the country’s entire energy needs.”

You already know all this & more. Did you FLIP THE FUCK OUT like your libtard brothers & sisters over that Mike Moore doc? I never watched because it’s 20 year old news to me, plus due to my ability to ‘do the math’ & understanding of thermodynamics. No biggly, we’re all still learning.

50. ZOMFG you guyes on Thu, 25th Jun 2020 5:01 pm

This is sad news, as Voice of Europe was a primary source for news about the jihad in Europe.