Page added on January 27, 2024

World’s largest nuclear reactor aims to power the Earth with unlimited energy

World’s largest nuclear reactor aims to power the Earth with unlimited energy thumbnail

While it may sound like part of the Mandalorian creed, experts at ITER claim “The Way” here on Earth is headed to an unimaginable goal: everlasting energy.

Experts at ITER, the International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor (and also Latin for “the way,” per the agency) are working to harness fusion reactions, the same energy source that powers the sun, according to the project’s website.

If successful, the experts in southern France could provide a cleaner alternative to fossil fuels and nuclear fission with “arguably the most complex machine ever designed,” ITER’s communications lead Laban Coblentz told Euronews Next.

Nuclear energy is far from new science, and while there have been well-reported disasters, the technology is stable with the right personnel oversight and protection from natural disasters like earthquakes. Fission is used to power the 436 nuclear reactors around the world and requires slamming neutrons into larger atoms to create energy, splitting them into smaller particles. The process does not contribute significant greenhouse gases to the atmosphere, but it does produce radioactive waste.

Fusion, on the other hand, forms a heavier atom when two smaller particles slam together. The result is far more energy than fission, and without the radioactive waste, all per the United States Department of Energy.

The ITER team wants to prove that the process can be industrialized. They have been at work on the project since at least 2005. Testing includes the largest magnetic confinement chamber on the planet, which the researchers call a tokamak.

When complete, the chamber will weigh more than 25,000 tons, withstanding temperatures of up to 302 million degrees Fahrenheit. It creates power by using some of the hot particles to heat water, which would power a turbine via steam, all per Euronews.

The process requires unfathomable heat. For reference, USA Today reports that our 4.5 billion-year-old sun is 27 million degrees Fahrenheit at its core.

“You try to take something up to 150 million degrees [Celsius]. You try to make it the scale that is needed and so forth. It’s just a difficult thing to do,” Coblentz told Euronews.

The project hasn’t been without setbacks. The cost was originally budgeted at about $5.5 billion. But Euronews reports that it’s now nearly $22 billion. To stay on schedule, Coblentz told the online news agency that the experts plan to skip “first plasma” — a testing milestone — “to get to fusion power initially in 2035.”

“We’ll make sure that that testing gets done in another way so that we can stick as much as possible to that date,” he said.

He added that the complex nature of the project is a challenge, often because it is groundbreaking research.

“Simply due to the complexity and the multitude of first-of-a-kind materials, first-of-a-kind components in a first-of-a-kind machine,” he said to Euronews.

This isn’t the only team working on novel nuclear projects. American icon Westinghouse is developing a small fission reactor set to go online in 2029. It’s unique because it’s portable and can power remote locations for about eight years without water, reducing upward of 55,000 tons of air pollution annually, according to the company.

ITER’s team is looking sunward for inspiration. And instead of waiting for the sunbeams to fall to our solar panels, they want to harness the source.

With planetwide overheating ravaging the world, the team is also feeling the heat.

“The longer that we wait for fusion to arrive, the more we need it,” Coblentz said in the Euronews report. “So the smart money is: get it here as fast as possible.”

yahoo

624 Comments on "World’s largest nuclear reactor aims to power the Earth with unlimited energy"

1. Earth is an execution chamber for undesirable souls.. on Mon, 12th Feb 2024 11:12 am

muzz

On This Day…

2013.02.12 Pakistan Tirah 19 7 A day of back and forth attacks by Ansarul Islam and the Taliban leave nineteen dead

TURGID ANAL SHOCK EXTREME PROLAPSE BAZZAIRE CAPTURE

2. I will leave one day. on Mon, 12th Feb 2024 12:04 pm

In the last 2 days, I have been sleeping close to 15 hours by days. One day I will leave this earth, it is how I feel about it. Right now I feel like I will leave earth. I am back into my recliner chain for a sleep.

3. me too I appoint supertard eee supertard his title is 'the lover' of supremacist muzzies I'm retiring permanently from this forum for 2 weeks on Mon, 12th Feb 2024 12:18 pm

TURGID ANAL SHOCK EXTREME PROLAPSE BAZZAIRE CAPTURE

I’m retiring permanently from this forum for 2 weeks

4. I appoint supertard eee supertard his title is 'the lover' of supremacist muzzies I'm retiring permanently from this forum for 2 weeks TURGID ANAL SHOCK EXTREME PROLAPSE BAZZAIRE CAPTURE on Mon, 12th Feb 2024 4:21 pm

I’m retiring permanently from this forum for 2 weeks

why elite whitey supertard president Elon lies when elite whitey supertard Newton made 1st LAW we have spacecraft and exhaust gas pushes against each in vacuum taken as a whole both physical frame and exhaust entity only elongates

5. The EYES are the LEATHER STRAP of the ANUS Sunan Abi Dawud 203 (Book 1, Hadith 203) I’m retiring permanently from this forum for 2 weeks on Mon, 12th Feb 2024 4:23 pm

I’m retiring permanently from this forum for 2 weeks

6. Too upset now on Mon, 12th Feb 2024 7:11 pm

You should have changed the hand guns laws when I asked you in September of 2023. Now I am too upset and will never work with Québec or Canada. Now I want all Québecers and Canadian dead for stealing my hands guns. There is no reconciliation possible now. I want you all dead.

7. I want you dead on Mon, 12th Feb 2024 7:24 pm

If I really care about earth and its population I would have told you about copper 4 year ago to help you plan ahead. I stay silent for 4 year and I watch earth suicide itself. this tell you how much I hate you and how much I want you all dead.

8. Revenge plot is taking shape. on Mon, 12th Feb 2024 7:39 pm

My revenge is starting to take shape. Very soon I will walk over the cadavers of Quebecers and Canadian as prediction by revelation 19.

You have no ideal how much I and We hate all of you. My hatred is so big that it cannot by described by words.

9. You never get the truth on Mon, 12th Feb 2024 8:50 pm

Instead of telling people that EV is a bad idea and accelerate copper depletion , they will come up with BS theater like this to kill the EV industry. You never get the truth on planet earth, only lies and manipulations you will get.

Crowd Sets Waymo Driverless Car Ablaze In Lawless San Francisco

www__zerohedge__com/technology/crowd-sets-waymo-driverless-car-ablaze-lawless-san-francisco

10. I’m retiring permanently from this forum for 2 weeks I’m retiring permanently from this forum for 2 weeks I’m retiring permanently from this forum for 2 weeks on Mon, 12th Feb 2024 9:00 pm

11. Revelation 19 on Mon, 12th Feb 2024 10:20 pm

I will over the cadavers of Québercers and Canadians for stealing my hand guns. It is guarantee that I will walk, piss and shit on your cadavers.

There is what is called mathematical rules of cohesion when you build a reality otherwise a reality would collapse almost immediately.

Some of these rules are: conservation of mass, entropic degradation, thermal heat exchange, gravity. It is certain that you will run out of oil and copper because of the law of conservation of mass. These law cannot be changed because they assure the cohesion f the reality. It is certain that I will walk over your cadavers as written in revelation 19.

My revenge is at hands.

12. You have not see the worst of me yet on Mon, 12th Feb 2024 11:05 pm

They fight with raw hate, and a drive that cannot be fathomed by those who are merely play-acting at politics and terror. You have not seen anything yet in term of raw coming from me.
    ————————————-

The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of “Men who wanted to be left Alone”.

They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love.

They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it.

They know, that the moment they fight back, the lives as they have lived them, are over.

The moment the “Men who wanted to be left Alone” are forced to fight back, it is a small form of suicide. They are literally killing off who they used to be. . . .

Which is why, when forced to take up violence, these “Men who wanted to be left Alone”, fight with unholy vengeance against those who murdered their former lives. They fight with raw hate, and a drive that cannot be fathomed by those who are merely play-acting at politics and terror. TRUE TERROR will arrive at the Left’s door, and they will cry, scream, and beg for mercy . . . . but it will fall upon deaf ears.

13. We are the ones on Tue, 13th Feb 2024 12:28 am

I want to repeat. We are the ones flooding earth with fake flesh beings to accelerating natural resources depletion. We are accelerating the death of everyone living on earth. I want to walk over Quebecers and Canadian cadavers before leaving earth.

14. Cadavers for my pleasure on Tue, 13th Feb 2024 5:33 am

Cadavers is the only thing I care about now. I am obsess with Cadavers. I want to walk over them, piss on them and shit ont them. I want all the cadavers that earth can give me for my personal pleasure

15. It is guarantee on Tue, 13th Feb 2024 5:52 am

The way that we designed earth guarantee me that I will walk over the cadaver of Quebecers and Canadians. It is only a matter a time. I will walk over your cadavers.

16. I want cadavers on Tue, 13th Feb 2024 7:00 am

I wants cadavers a lot of it. Copper and the way this earth reality is designed will make it certain I will walk over cadavers.

17. My revenge is coming on Tue, 13th Feb 2024 7:04 am

I will walk, piss and shit on Quebecers et Canadians cadavers as a revenge for your restritive hand guns laws. I will bath into your bloods and flesh.

18. Only hatred from us on Tue, 13th Feb 2024 7:17 am

I see by looking at the news that some of you think you will avoid death and keep earth and the supply chain alive a lit bit longer. I would not bet on that if I were you. Earth was designed with the main goal to kill everyone living on it. Go study how earth is designed, you will our deep hatred for all you.

19. Coming, my revenge is coming on Tue, 13th Feb 2024 7:27 am

20. earth is well desing slave labor camp on Tue, 13th Feb 2024 7:32 am

Go study how earth is designed, you will see our deep hatred for all you. I want all of your cadavers all of it. Earth has been designed so that you have to use manual labor to produce goods. We have designed earth as a slave labor camp where you have to fight each other for survival. Why do you think there was so many wars in the past, because we designed earth this way. Because we hate all of you. You have no idea how much I hate all of you.

21. Losers from the UN on Tue, 13th Feb 2024 7:37 am

Only the stupid and imbéciles from United Nations, WEF, C40 are in love with earth that has basically been designed to torture you and kill you.

22. You love communism on Tue, 13th Feb 2024 7:50 am

Go study how earth is designed. The information is available and no hidden from you. You too mentally retarded to study it and come to your own conclusion. You prefer to be slave and oppress man like me with restrictive hand guns laws.

23. Nobody is coming on Tue, 13th Feb 2024 7:59 am

Nobody is coming to rescue the population of earth. Some might come to walk over your cadavers. nobody is coming to your help.

24. So easy to make a decison in the case of earth on Tue, 13th Feb 2024 8:13 am

The neck of people move up in average 3 inches higher and nobody is talking about that. You are mentally retarded, this is one of the reason among many others why it is easy to execute all of you. You really are mentally profoundly retarded.

25. I still want your cadavers on Tue, 13th Feb 2024 9:10 am

Unless I see myself changes to earth calculators, I will stick to my opinion that the calculator are locked and earth is an torture and execution chamber.

What I mean by changes to earth calculator. As long as I drop a object from my hand and it goes directly to the ground, I will know that earth calculators are locked and unaffected by your BS videos theater. I am finishing an electronic projects and I see no changes in earth electrical calculator.

Every comment I made today, I stand by them.

I deeply want and desire to walk over Quebecers and Canadians cadavers for their restrictive hand guns laws. This is going to make me really happy.

26. You stole my hands guns on Tue, 13th Feb 2024 9:30 am

It does not matter what these flesh beings are. The futur will be determined by earth calculators. Earth calculators will kill every beings on earth once the electrical goes down. Does not matter what you look inside or outside, the earth calculators will determine your futur: when you are going to die. You have no idea how much I hate all of you for Canada restrictives hands guns laws.

You death is assured already.

27. Here some truth on Tue, 13th Feb 2024 10:56 am

I am probably the only person on earth that understand how earth is build from a mathematical point of view. I will live you will die. I will walk over Quebecers and Canadian cadavers at the ends of all of this. The whole population of earth does not matter, I am the only being on earth that matter, all the rest of you are expendable.

28. It is over for all of you on Tue, 13th Feb 2024 11:48 am

At the ends of this, I will piss, shit and walk on Quebecers and Canadian cadavers. The only way for you to stay alive is to access earth calculators and make some adjustment.

Since 100% of earth population is mentally retarded, I don’t see how you will do it.

I will get my revenge for Canada restrictives hand guns laws

29. deee on Tue, 13th Feb 2024 1:18 pm

At the ends of this I will walk piss shit on your cadavers

30. I will be back on Tue, 13th Feb 2024 1:47 pm

My skin is oily, itchy and burning. I need a shower to stop the pain. I can wait to leave earth and come back later to walk over your cadavers.

31. wasite fe on Tue, 13th Feb 2024 2:54 pm

I want Quebecers and canadians cadavert for my personal pleasure. You will not win against me.

I am going to fuck you over so good.

32. You have nothing to offer on Wed, 14th Feb 2024 3:11 am

I just want to repeat that. Earth is an execution chamber and at the end of this I will walk over the cadavers of Quebecers and Canadians for stealing my right to carry an hand guns on me bought incognito. I will walk, piss and shit on your cadavers.

People of earth are not important, you have nothing to offer and are expendable.

33. Eait edte sie on Wed, 14th Feb 2024 11:32 am

I will walk, piss and shit on your cadavers. Wait and see who really control earth reality.

34. I own it all on Wed, 14th Feb 2024 11:52 am

You are about to find out that I own all of earth, including all of yours souls to eternity.

35. Law of possesion on Wed, 14th Feb 2024 12:15 pm

You can only kill what belongs to you. It is not called murder when you kill what belongs to you. If your souls belong to me, I can kill you and walk, piss and piss on your cadavers. I think it is called the law possession and consequences.

36. Compliance with the law I am on Wed, 14th Feb 2024 12:35 pm

The law of possession and consequences also authorized the changing of your physical apparences, such as making your face ugly, elongating your neck, moving your face forward.

I am in full compliance with the law of possession and consequences.

37. Jews and law of possession and consequencwe on Wed, 14th Feb 2024 12:39 pm

I am in full compliance with the law of possession and consequences when I demand the death of all the Jews living on earth. I own them and not breaking any laws.

38. The end point of it all on Wed, 14th Feb 2024 12:52 pm

Revelation 20 that is the execution of the soul or the lake fire, can only be done if someone have possession of your souls according to the law of possession and consequences. We are slowly moving toward revelation 20 after all flesh body of earth have been killed.

39. If my memore is inteact on Wed, 14th Feb 2024 1:08 pm

Only the creators that participated at the creation of the mathematics and algorithms on of a reality can take full ownership of it including the souls living within the created reality. If I remember correctly.

40. Choeh on Wed, 14th Feb 2024 2:04 pm

Really!!!!!!!! IT won’t work, you cannot change entropic degradation calculator with videos like this. You are all here to die.

41. We mean it on Wed, 14th Feb 2024 2:13 pm

You are not leaving earth. All the critical calculators are locked. Earth has been created to execute all of you. You are about to see how serious we are regarding your death and execution.

42. This will never change on Wed, 14th Feb 2024 2:16 pm

It is not because you have been able to create long neck people that you will be able to change earth calculators the same way with videos. It does not work this way. You are here to die.

I told you, I want to walk, piss and shit on your cadavers for stealing my right to carry a hand guns, this will never change.

I am not your friends, I am to kill all of you

43. C'est n,est pas un blaque on Wed, 14th Feb 2024 2:21 pm

I own all of planet earth and your souls, because we in the process of killing all of you. This is not a joke for me.

44. Mark on Wed, 14th Feb 2024 10:33 pm

Another one with the mark of the beast

45. Just a reminder on Thu, 15th Feb 2024 3:20 am

Make no mistake about this, I am not here to help earth, I am here to kill all the population of earth.

I want to walk,piss and shit over the cadavers of Quebecers and Canadians just because they steal my right to carry an hand gun on me bought incognito. I am working for revenge, I am not your friend and never will be.

46. we control everything on Thu, 15th Feb 2024 7:05 am

Do not matter what you do, we control all the important calculators earth such as: gravity, electrical, thermal, chemical, entropic, conservation of mass.

At the end of all of this, I will walk over your cadavers.

47. Revelation 19 on Thu, 15th Feb 2024 8:46 am

I want all your cadavers. I will take all of them as revelation 19 says.

48. Câlisse on Thu, 15th Feb 2024 12:21 pm

Mes criss de jambes me font mal. ma vision de loin c’est améliorer de beaucoup. de -4 a 2.75 peut-être même 2.25.

Câlisse que les jambes me font mal. L’école primaire du quartier a besoin de nouvelles fenêtres. Ils ont encore les vielles fenêtres en bois qui pourrissent par en bas.

Trop d’argent pour les fonctionnaires, pas assez pour les autres choses.

49. Crisse de maison on Thu, 15th Feb 2024 12:27 pm

Cele ne pas d’allure des condos, just a côté de l’école primaire, quasiment dans la cour de l’école primaire. Des ostie de maisons partout câlisse.

50. Epuisement on Thu, 15th Feb 2024 12:30 pm

Je suis a voir la vitesse qu’ils construisent des maison, cela te donne un idée a quel point la ville a besoin d’argent. Je pensé tout the suite a l’épuisement de ressources naturelles et a l’hyperinflation.