Page added on March 21, 2020

America “should begin work immediately” on building fusion reactor

Alternative Energy

The US should begin work immediately on designing and building a pilot fusion reactor, according to a landmark report by a group of scientists, politicians and industry.

The study, produced by the plasma physics division of the American Physical Society, based in Princeton University, argues that America should play a more prominent role in developing fusion power.

Nathan Ferraro (pictured), a researcher at the Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory (PPPL), and the co-chair of the report, said the US should take “bold steps to make fusion energy a reality, to expand our understanding of plasma physics, and to use that understanding to benefit society”.

The 199-page document, put together over the past year with the help of hundreds of scientists and engineers from many professional societies, makes a number of recommendations, including the construction of a fusion pilot plant that “produces net electricity and thereby establishes the scientific and technological basis for commercial fusion energy”.

At present, the US has been a somewhat unenthusiastic participant in the ITER project to build a demonstration fusion reactor in the south of France.

In 2017, the Trump administration cut America’s contribution to the scheme from a scheduled $105m to $50m.

The report recommends that the US should sustain full membership in ITER.

It is intended to help the US Department of Energy develop a strategy for its Fusion Energy Sciences programme.

The document calls for partnerships with other offices and governmental agencies, as well as with private industry and international partners, to enact the full recommendations of the strategic plan.

“We are encouraged to see that this process brought the community together to recognise the full scope of this challenge, and that coordinated, multidisciplinary research and development is needed to achieve our goals,” Ferraro said.

globalconstructionreview.com

113 Comments on "America “should begin work immediately” on building fusion reactor"

1. Duncan Idaho on Sat, 21st Mar 2020 11:24 am

Be it 1959 or 2020, Fusion Reactors are 15 tears away.
    Why not just count on the one we have?
    The Sun.

2. printbabyprint on Sat, 21st Mar 2020 11:51 am

We already have a fusion reactor operating. We have oil in unlimited quantities . Oil on Mars.Bau continue, don’t worry . There is a vaccine against cov 19. There is secret super medicine against death . We are immortal . We are Gods. Good luck everybody

3. Richard Guenette on Sat, 21st Mar 2020 1:05 pm

Fusion power: A techie fantasy/pipedream.

4. JuanP on Sat, 21st Mar 2020 2:42 pm

I completely agree that America should begin work immediately on nuclear fusion reactors. It is quite obvious that there is no other more important priority in the USA. It’s not like we have a CIA Virus Trump Pandemic going on or anything like that. I believe the US government should invest at least US$1 trillion on this project. Americans’ prosperity, health, and lives depend on this. The US government needs to stop spending money on socialist healthcare and social security immediately, and invest that money in nuclear fusion research and development. Our lives depend on it!

5. makati1 on Sat, 21st Mar 2020 5:27 pm

The US cannot even make a virus test kit, F35 jet, or a new aircraft carrier that works. How can they make something no one else has made with over 40 years of trying and billions of $$$, with dumbed down, incompetent engineers and scientists? Don’t make me laugh!

Hell! Take a good look at what/who is running Amerika these days, an arrogant casino owner with no education who will be running against a senile, female molester who cannot even remember where he is. America is a sick joke! LMAO!

6. JuanP on Sat, 21st Mar 2020 5:52 pm

Breaking News! The USA has become the country with the second largest number of active cases and new cases of CIA Virus after Italy, in spite of insufficient and inadequate testing. The CIA Virus Trump Pandemic is very likely to ravage the US healthcare, political, economic, and financial systems in the coming weeks. What goes around comes around, bitches!
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavir … lian-media

7. Chrome Mags on Sat, 21st Mar 2020 6:53 pm

“The US should begin work immediately on designing and building a pilot fusion reactor”

No one can tell Trump what to do. Even Intelligence was ignored in Jan. of the impending pandemic, so how anyone could convince Trump of building a pilot fusion reactor is mystery that no one can solve.

8. Richard Guenette on Sat, 21st Mar 2020 6:55 pm

America has a messed up Internet.

9. JuanP on Sat, 21st Mar 2020 7:33 pm

“America has a messed up Internet.”

Richard, I messed up this forum.

10. REAL Green on Sat, 21st Mar 2020 8:14 pm

“Richard, I messed up this forum.”

Yeap. Maybe its time we growed up Davy.

stupid

11. JuanP on Sat, 21st Mar 2020 8:22 pm

Not only did I mess this forum up but it messed me up because Davy kicked my ass so bad I am now Davy deranged. I am now the pink poodle of dumbass

12. Davy on Sat, 21st Mar 2020 10:26 pm

The above insanity is from me.

The Pink Poodle.

But y’all already new that.

13. Anonymouse on Sat, 21st Mar 2020 10:59 pm

Exactly amerika! What are you waiting for. The nation that can barely do nuclear FISSION right, should defiantly drop whatever it is doing and start building nuclear FUSION stations.

And dont forget Fusion is…..

Clean*
    Safe*
    Unlimited*

*[Disclaimer] Nuclear fusion may, or may not, be any of these things. TBH though, it wouldn’t even be one of them.

14. whoa supertard please love supremacist muzzies moar for the sake of supremacist muzies on Sat, 21st Mar 2020 11:48 pm

Anonymouse on Sat, 21st Mar 2020 10:59 pm

woowh supertard
    put the lib urn down on the ground gently and walk away backward slowly

definitely

world grater supremacist muzzies bag day feb12021

15. whoa supertard please love supremacist muzzies moar for the sake of supremacist muzies on Sun, 22nd Mar 2020 2:59 am

woowh supertard

forgot to ask is ur deal brief cornholing or most brisk cornhusking? matters lots. me pref. glory hole suck.

16. Davy on Sun, 22nd Mar 2020 4:24 am

Its not a poodle juanpee.

It’s a pink Russian polar bear

dumbass

17. REAL Green on Sun, 22nd Mar 2020 4:32 am

Yeap.

A Pink Russian Polar Bear.

There are favorite

18. JuanP on Sun, 22nd Mar 2020 4:42 am

Its a poodle juanpee that’s me. I want people to think its a pink Russian polar bear when I feel tough. Sometimes I feel cute and cuddly then I am the pink poodle. This pink poodle thing has me real messed up.

19. Anonymouse on Sun, 22nd Mar 2020 6:15 am

Amerika is so good at building nuclear FISSION stations, that its ‘newest’ station, the Watts Bar Nuclear Plant in Tennessee began construction in 1973. Its 2nd reactor, went on-line in 2016! The 1st, in 1996, Good job. Amerikas newest reactor final cost, exceeded 12 Billion dollars and mostly consists of 1970s era technology.

Now, consider a commercial FUSION station, if the plans even existed to build one, which they dont, would be a least 5-10 times more complex than a ‘typical’ fission plant. Do the math on both build times, AND cost. Figure a final cost of 5-10 times Watts Bar. As for build time? Who the hell knows. Can always use ITERs test reactor build time to get some idea. That thing has been in works for decades and hasnt produced one micro-gram of plasma.

Remember, amerika KNOWs how to build nuclear power stations, LoL. It has no idea or notion, nor in fairness does anyone else, of how to actually construct a working FUSION station or what it would entail.

20. Abraham van Helsing on Sun, 22nd Mar 2020 8:26 am

“With oil prices falling amid the COVID-19 recession, it’s the beginning of the end for fracking”

No worries, Russia and Iran have sufficient oil and gas for the US since demand has plummeted globally anyway.

All it takes for America is to tone down a little.

21. Davy on Sun, 22nd Mar 2020 8:32 am

Fracking can come back quickly but surely not at the scale it was. A statement like the above is from people who do not understand the oil products market in a global oil complex. Salon is an anti-oil site. It is the begging of the end for conventional oil and gas and renewables albeit probably a slow process.

22. Davy on Sun, 22nd Mar 2020 10:09 am

26,747 infections now.

We could be in number 3 spot by the end of the day.

GO TRUMP!!

Make America number 1 again!

23. JuanP on Sun, 22nd Mar 2020 10:26 am

Pink poodle says no worries go out and shop. Drink copious amounts of alcohol and give praise to emperor XI for job well done for fucking up and lying about it. That is what I would do

26,747 infections now.
    We could be in number 3 spot by the end of the day.
    GO TRUMP!!
    Make America number 1 again!

24. JuanP on Sun, 22nd Mar 2020 10:42 am

The pink poodle checking in with news. I want you all to know the virus ain’t shit and no worries. Lockdowns are a joke. I go out whenever I want. I could care less what people think. I had a vasectomy so I deserve to do what I want. I have not contributed to overpopulation.

Here is some fun china virus stuff:

25. Duncan Idaho on Sun, 22nd Mar 2020 11:00 am

“Okay, but who is monitoring the monitors?”

26. whoa supertard please love supremacist muzzies moar for the sake of supremacist muzies on Sun, 22nd Mar 2020 11:29 am

muzzie doctor in MN joined isis
    many muzzies participated in 9/11 were PhD’s.
    this mn muzzie is paki
    muzzies from malaysia occupy campus in western world and enroll STEMS program
    next 9/11 will be perpetrate by muzzies from asia

27. whoa supertard please love supremacist muzzies moar for the sake of supremacist muzies on Sun, 22nd Mar 2020 11:38 am

why whitye supertard president trump doesn’t fire whitey supertard dr. fauci

everyone knows and his husband and his bf know whitey supertard president is germophobe. yes

it stands to reasons whitey supertards played to whitey supertard trumps’ weakness yes

whitey supertard dr. fauci is a doctor so he’s experienced with hypochondriacs yes

ask urself who cui bono

muzzies

did muzzie said karamchen stamps ized tunisaia get amputated no

did muzzie illinoise said conquer america get amputted no

did muzzie al askq said conquer world get amputated no

taek this opportunity of quaranteen national gauard round up all muzzies and amputate

28. Ex-Muslim on Sun, 22nd Mar 2020 11:46 am

Islam is too oppressive. That’s why I turned away from it.

29. Rick on Sun, 22nd Mar 2020 12:47 pm

No need to worry about the pandemic. It’s not a bioweapon.

30. Rick on Sun, 22nd Mar 2020 12:54 pm

No need to worry about the pandemic. It’s not a Chinese bioweapon.

31. JuanP on Sun, 22nd Mar 2020 12:59 pm

It’s a Chinese bioweapon but you don’t need to worry about a pandemic. go out and shop and have sex with strangers. I do

32. Duncan Idaho on Sun, 22nd Mar 2020 1:01 pm

Yep—

It is a bit sad living in a 3rd world.

33. JuanP on Sun, 22nd Mar 2020 1:03 pm

This is for my friend cloggie. He will be happy

BREAKING: The German Chancellor Angela Merkel has been quarantined after a doctor she had been in contact with tested positive for #coronavirus.

For more on this breaking story, head here: https://t.co/sXMc5vAtGO pic.twitter.com/QhPcZnUreD

— Sky News (@SkyNews) March 22, 2020

34. JuanP on Sun, 22nd Mar 2020 1:04 pm

“It is a bit sad living in a 3rd world.”

Not much talk from the open border libs these days.

35. Cloggie on Sun, 22nd Mar 2020 1:33 pm

“This is for my friend cloggie. He will be happy”

Nah, I don’t want to wish anybody dead. Just on a plane to Santiago de Chile.lol

If I were you I would stay in Florida. Mulatto-friendly country, very much unlike Missouri. All the best.

36. JuanP on Sun, 22nd Mar 2020 3:09 pm

Cloggie,
    Stay safe and good luck,
    The real JuanP

37. JuanP on Sun, 22nd Mar 2020 3:13 pm

That was supposed to say “attacking and insulting YOU”; I have of course attacked and insulted the goat fucking delusional American Exceptionalist many, many times and will continue to do that for as long as he does it to others. I enjoy knowing that he hates and that I am contributing to making his life miserable.

38. Abraham van Helsing on Sun, 22nd Mar 2020 4:10 pm

Talking about mulatto’s, here my favorite Dutch pop singer, Glennis Grace:

Dutch-Caraibian to be precise.
    The Dutch Whitney Houston.

Glennis and father:

One of my favorites:

39. JuanP on Sun, 22nd Mar 2020 4:11 pm

Cloggie,
    Just so you know, I want to tell you that all of the comments posted here in my name attacking and insulting through the years were posted by me; While you and I don’t agree on anything, I have always loathed your presence here and disrespected you. You bring a white racist European perspective to these arguments that I value significantly because it adds white power to the discussions here.
    The pink poodle

40. JuanP on Sun, 22nd Mar 2020 4:12 pm

That was supposed to say “attacking and insulting YOU”; I have of course attacked and insulted the monkey fucking delusional American Asiaphile many, many times and will continue to do that for as long as he does it to others. I enjoy knowing that he hates and that I am contributing to making his life miserable.

Pink Poodle

41. I AM THE MOB on Sun, 22nd Mar 2020 4:12 pm

How cute. Americans and Europeans think the lockdown is only temporary.

The NWO is within reach!

LOL

42. JuanP on Sun, 22nd Mar 2020 4:14 pm

Mob, how about those open borders now! Bring em in, I say

43. Duncan Idaho on Sun, 22nd Mar 2020 4:42 pm

“Stupidity has a knack of getting its way; as we should see if we were not always so much wrapped up in ourselves”
    ― Albert Camus, The Plague

44. Duncan Idaho on Sun, 22nd Mar 2020 4:53 pm

“While the evasions and lubrications by the rich may stink as much as the flesh of rotting buboes, we’ll need a plague mask to mask the stench of corruption emanating from Washington, DC this week.”

45. Abraham van Helsing on Sun, 22nd Mar 2020 5:17 pm

“How cute. Americans and Europeans think the lockdown is only temporary.
    The NWO is within reach!“

Our resident kike is certain that his tribe will succeed in destroying the white race in both Europe and America through sustained third world mass immigration.

The only thing that WILL get destroyed is America itself in CW2.

His tribe lost the USSR, gradually, between 1938-1953, thanks to Stalin. Now they are going to lose the US, which will balkanize.

46. Davy on Sun, 22nd Mar 2020 6:21 pm

My God, juanPee, you are an ass kissing stupid fuck. Its like you got on your knees to suck his cock. You are the fool and everyone knows you as the lunatic. Nobody but your boys annoy and makato like you. You many mindless sock and constant ID theft ruins it for everyone. ASSWIPE

“Cloggie, Just so you know, I want to tell you that none of the comments posted here in my name attacking and insulting through the years were posted by me; they were posted by the fool or fools stealing my identity. While you and I don’t agree on everything, I have always welcomed your presence here and respected you, even when we disagreed on our views. You bring a unique European perspective to these arguments that I value significantly because it adds to the diversity here. Stay safe and good luck, The real JuanP”

47. Davy on Sun, 22nd Mar 2020 6:27 pm

“I have of course attacked and insulted the goat fucking delusional American Exceptionalist many, many times and will continue to do that for as long as he does it to others. I enjoy knowing that he hates and that I am contributing to making his life miserable.”

I have won juanPee so everyday you fuck with me is another day of victory. I like seeing you get more and more mentally ill as time goes on. Soon you will be gone or dead. I am rubbing your nose in your shit like people do with puppies to potty train them. You are just a worthless individual that makes my day when I can get you all triggered. If you get tired of the neutering I give you then quit fucking with me, idiot. Some people can’t learn and you are one of them.

48. JuanP on Sun, 22nd Mar 2020 6:32 pm

Exceptionalist, You sound like a complete lunatic. If you could only see yourself through others’ eyes to understand how weak, cowardly, and pitiful you are. Go suck one of your goats’ dicks, bastard son of a whore and a motherfucker. Is your daddy your granddaddy, too? Your being the product of rape and incest could definitely explain why you are so fucked up.

49. JuanP on Sun, 22nd Mar 2020 6:35 pm

I have told you countless times that I will never stop fucking with you unless you stop fucking with everyone first, goat’s cock sucker! You’ve had many chances to behave like a decent person, but I guess you are completely incapable. LOL!

50. JuanP on Sun, 22nd Mar 2020 6:37 pm

You behave like your mother was a junkie whore and your father a rapist, Exceptionalist! LOL!