Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Zero Point Energy (merged)

Discussions of conventional and alternative energy production technologies.

Re: LENR, Rossi and the ECAT Thread pt 4 (merged)

Unread postby Subjectivist » Wed 09 Dec 2015, 12:46:44

If they come up with an affordable consumer item I will buy it and do my own judgement on its usefulness. I don't see any prices attached to these suggested items which usually means they are way over priced.
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: LENR, Rossi and the ECAT Thread pt 4 (merged)

Unread postby Subjectivist » Wed 09 Dec 2015, 12:51:57

Wait a minute, is this a zero point energy device or an ecat device?
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: Zero Point Energy (merged)

Unread postby Tanada » Wed 09 Dec 2015, 16:52:38

The Orbo device seems more like ZPE than ECAT so I moved the appropriate posts over here.
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Keith_McClary » Fri 11 Dec 2015, 14:07:30

Subjectivist wrote:Wait a minute, is this a zero point energy device or an ecat device?
Tanada wrote:The Orbo device seems more like ZPE than ECAT so I moved the appropriate posts over here.
Neither. They have a mechanical perpetual motion gizmo with magnets and also a self recharging battery with an electret for electrolyte.

Do all these deserve their own threads?
Facebook knows you're a dog.
Keith_McClary
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Fri 11 Dec 2015, 15:54:02

"They have a mechanical perpetual motion gizmo with magnets". Correct me if I'm wrong but any device utilizing a magnet can't be classified as "perpetual motion" because magnets aren't "perpetual" since they eventually lose their magnetism. IOW it's like calling a battery powered device a perpetual motion device because it functions perpetually...until the battery runs down. LOL.

I'll be glad to read an reports developed by an INDEPENDENT evaluation. Just let me know when one pops up.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Fri 11 Dec 2015, 17:08:51

ROCKMAN wrote:"They have a mechanical perpetual motion gizmo with magnets". Correct me if I'm wrong but any device utilizing a magnet can't be classified as "perpetual motion" because magnets aren't "perpetual" since they eventually lose their magnetism. IOW it's like calling a battery powered device a perpetual motion device because it functions perpetually...until the battery runs down. LOL.

I'll be glad to read an reports developed by an INDEPENDENT evaluation. Just let me know when one pops up.

Or better yet, let me know when they are available at Home Depot for reasonable prices (in terms of years to achieve economic payback). It's not like anything (aside from reality) is stopping any of these hucksters from actually PRODUCING their products for a PROFIT, instead of simply spewing meaningless propoganda, time after time.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Zarquon » Wed 29 Mar 2017, 22:38:50

I've just read this ancient thread, more for fun than interest in quantum physics. Then I googled Mark Goldes, who posted here in 2005 about his ZPE breakthrough - and he's still in the business. He runs a non-profit in sunny California now:

http://www.aesopinstitute.org/

Apparently 0.energy didn't work out so well, just like Room Temperature Superconductors (or maybe the government suppressed them both), so he's invented a fuel-less car engine instead. It runs on ambient temperature:

"The background temperature of space is -455 degrees F. (close to Absolute Zero). When the temperature is 50 degrees F. anyplace on earth, there is more than 500 degrees F. of stored heat available to be utilized. Engines designed to run 24/7 on ambient heat will become as common as solar panels."

A much more reasonable approach to solving our energy dilemma, I think. Although some bridge capital is required.

(Jeeeesus, the guy must have been in this business for what, thirty years now? And he's still going! Where does he find them?)
Zarquon
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Tanada » Thu 30 Mar 2017, 02:43:46

Like P.T. Barnum taught us, one is born every minute. And that was in the days when world population was less than a third where it is today, so probably 3 or 4 a minute these days :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby theluckycountry » Mon 11 Sep 2023, 02:06:39

There are limits to growth, limits to fossil fuels, but no limits to stupidity and gullibility it seems. I should design a machine that attracts and stores random point energy, a lever with a wheel attached to a generator and a battery. Put it all in a metal cabinet with the lever sticking out and a sign on it saying "FREE $20 NOTES"

Damn! I just gave away the secret, now anyone can make one. Well at least the "Government" won't be able to hush it up.
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Previous

Return to Energy Technology