Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

WWIII just started ?

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

Re: WWIII just started ?

Unread postby AgentR11 » Mon 09 Feb 2015, 01:31:55

Tytwtáelwvàeszystw wrote:You are downplaying this event because you know you are about to get drafted and thrown out of a plane directly in to nuclear hellfire by a tobacco chewing Jesse Ventura.

That's silly. No one is going to waste gas on a draftee that doesn't know anything about parachutes. And what's wrong with chewing tobacco? I don't currently partake, but when I did it was a fine enough diversion.

2nd... Honestly, I wouldn't object to being drafted. Odd Catholic Doctrine of just war and all, says I can't just volunteer to go shoot Ruskies; I'd have to believe in some principled, defend the good guy thing, and seeing as how there are no good guys involved in this fight... well no dice.... But drafted... all good. That said, the chance of them letting me have an infantry MOS, given my particular history, is somewhere between slim and none; though I'd not be above taking a knee and begging a bit. So getting to jump out of an airplane isn't high on the list of probable outcomes.

That said, I'm downplaying it because it looks so unimpressive. Sorry.
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Tytwtáelwvàeszystw » Mon 09 Feb 2015, 01:34:41

Do you guys realize how little in the way of power there is in a munitions depot?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SVe4_G2eT0Y

Munitions depots do not generate spherical fireballs when they exploe. Their blast waves do not knock windows out for miles. The reactions of the witnesses speak for themselves. Note that this blast occurred ABOVE GROUND. A munition depot can only explode from the ground up. It was a nukular device.
Last edited by Tytwtáelwvàeszystw on Mon 09 Feb 2015, 01:38:12, edited 2 times in total.
Tytwtáelwvàeszystw
Wood
Wood

Unread postby Sixstrings » Mon 09 Feb 2015, 01:35:12

Another video of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA01suHS1lc

So what is it.. tactical nuke.. moab type conventional bomb.. munition stockpile hit.. or just looks bigger than it really is?
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby AgentR11 » Mon 09 Feb 2015, 01:39:24

Tytwtáelwvàeszystw wrote:Do you guys realize how little in the way of power there is in a munitions depot?

Munitions depots do not generate spherical fireballs when they exploe. Their blast waves do not knock windows out for miles. The reactions of the witnesses speak for themselves. Note that this blast occurred ABOVE GROUND. A munition depot can only explode from the ground up. It was a nukular device.

This is a munitions depot next to/part of an explosives making chemical plant. Its not just some spot the rebels were holding a bunch of rockets for their grads.

addenda: nukular.. you're just having fun aren't you President Carter.
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Sixstrings » Mon 09 Feb 2015, 01:43:08

Looks like my first guess was right:

A "DNR" explosives depo is ablaze in #Donetsk now. @novostidnua
https://twitter.com/euromaidanpress/status/564550781316370432

Munitions depot.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Tytwtáelwvàeszystw » Mon 09 Feb 2015, 01:46:32

Whether or not the target was a munitions depot is irrelevant; the device used was a nuclear weapon. Any munitions destroyed were a miniscule contribution (>100t) to the event.
Tytwtáelwvàeszystw
Wood
Wood

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 09 Feb 2015, 01:58:34

I wonder if this has anything to do obama's imminent decision to supply the Ukrainains with weapons and other kinds of military aid? The new US defense secretary is pretty clear that the US is going to get more involved. Rumor has it the US will be sending anti-tank weapons and such to the Ukrainians to help them chew up the Russian tanks the rebels are using.

Maybe the Russians set off an exceptionally big boom as a warning to obama and the EU to butt out?

Or if the Ukrainians did it, perhaps the US is already helping them find and exploit targets in the rebel zone?

So where is ground zero? Is it in Ukrainian territory or is it in the zone invaded by Russian backed militia?

Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby AgentR11 » Mon 09 Feb 2015, 02:05:39

Six.. your space photo... apparently is a shot from the ISS of a sunrise over Easter Island.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... ation.html
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Sixstrings » Mon 09 Feb 2015, 02:21:42

AgentR11 wrote:Six.. your space photo... apparently is a shot from the ISS of a sunrise over Easter Island.

Ah, ok, well it was on zerohedge. It was a munitions depot folks, let's just move along. No world war three to see here.

edit: oh good grief. ZH was using a RUSSIAN SOURCE for that pic:

And as viewed by NATO satellites... from space
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-02-08/meanwhile-donetsk

If you take their link it goes to some Russia media. Is zerohedge joking, or serious? The Russian media says that's a nato satellite pic of a bomb, but really it's a sunrise seen from the ISS?

Ya know.. I'm starting to think.. that the disinformation isn't all "propaganda," but rather, there is likely a culture of rumor in their society. When you don't have a free press, when government never tells the truth -- even on basic things -- then all there is, is rumor.

And then there are trolls that just start the rumor for the fun of it and before you know it, it's on Russian tv. And of course -- the government likely takes full advantage of this culture of rumor, and makes use of it.

The middle east has that problem too. They're all conspiracy theorists over there, and everything is rumor all the time.
Last edited by Sixstrings on Mon 09 Feb 2015, 02:34:38, edited 1 time in total.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Tytwtáelwvàeszystw » Mon 09 Feb 2015, 02:33:13

Sixstrings wrote:
AgentR11 wrote:Six.. your space photo... apparently is a shot from the ISS of a sunrise over Easter Island.

Ah, ok, well it was on zerohedge. It was a munitions depot folks, let's just move along. No world war three to see here.

Let's move you along the hannicap ramp and in to oncoming traffic you trollgeezer.
Tytwtáelwvàeszystw
Wood
Wood

Unread postby AgentR11 » Mon 09 Feb 2015, 02:39:00

Six, something to think about. Has NATO *ever* released a full color, high rez, close to real time image from our surveillance satellites?

Use a little skepticism on images; always ask, where was the camera, why was it pointed the way it was, who was holding it; is there a way to know when the image was taken... In court, when an image is presented, its the testimony that goes with it that validates what it is, when it was, why it was... Without that, its just a pretty picture with no meaning outside any inherent artistic quality it might have.
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Sixstrings » Mon 09 Feb 2015, 02:58:29

AgentR11 wrote:Six, something to think about. Has NATO *ever* released a full color, high rez, close to real time image from our surveillance satellites?

My guess is that they don't want to get dragged down into the infowar and disinformation war with Russia.

There's just no point to arguing about it, the other side is not an honest participant. Anything they say is just smoke and mirrors and sand in the air and obfuscation, diverting attention by throwing 20 theories out there about something.

It's like a moon landing hoax thing, or 9/11 trutherism. Doesn't matter how many pictures you show, how much evidence you give. There's no point to talking about it. It's like Hodges said, "anyone that doesn't believe there are Russian forces and weapons in Ukraine just does not WANT to believe it." And he left it that. He was going to step in that trap of a neverending troll battle.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Mon 09 Feb 2015, 09:18:42

"It's not surprising. It was censorship." Extremely effective censorship: so far the MSM has been kept from reporting the hundreds of thousands who are now suffering from radiation poisoning. Thank goodness PO.com is one of those few sites on the planet that isn't hiding the truth. LOL.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby sparky » Mon 09 Feb 2015, 09:35:14

@ Tytwtáelwvàeszystw ,Australia have developed and tested a new weapon on humans !

it's a bullsh..t bomb , it leave the population dazzled and panicked , incapable of rational though

PS .What does you moniker stand for , it seems to be Polish ,with a speech impediment :)
sparky
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby GHung » Mon 09 Feb 2015, 12:47:17

The plasma cloud dissipated too quickly for a nuke. Chemical in nature.
Blessed are the Meek, for they shall inherit nothing but their Souls. - Anonymous Ghung Person
GHung
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Mon 09 Feb 2015, 16:19:01

sparky - Glad to see someone having fun with this punking effort. LOL.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Rod_Cloutier » Mon 09 Feb 2015, 19:01:52

Use a little skepticism on images; always ask, where was the camera, why was it pointed the way it was, who was holding it; is there a way to know when the image was taken... In court, when an image is presented, its the testimony that goes with it that validates what it is, when it was, why it was... Without that, its just a pretty picture with no meaning outside any inherent artistic quality it might have

Obviously, I could use a little help with discerning truth from fiction. Could some moderator please merge this thread with one of the other Russia/ Ukraine threads?
Rod_Cloutier
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Peak_Yeast » Mon 09 Feb 2015, 19:14:45

I am no expert to nuclear blasts - but i have seen the documentaries about the nuclear bombs in HD many times. And this doesnt look like an atomic blast to me.

For example: Trinity And Beyond - The Atomic Bomb Movie

They have an impressive number of high quality photoshots of nuclear blasts in this movie.

If you havent seen it - i highly recommed you do so. It is aweinspiring to watch the heights to which human stupidity and waste can reach.
"If democracy is the least bad form of government - then why dont we try it for real?"
Peak_Yeast
Lignite
Lignite

PreviousNext

Return to Geopolitics & Global Economics