Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Will the "North" shoot on Climate Refugees soon?!

Re: Will the "North" shoot on Climate Refugees soon?!

Unread postby Squilliam » Tue 25 Apr 2017, 05:58:45

There is always the predator drone: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_A ... Q-9_Reaper to deal with the 'problem'. $17M USD each means you could fly hundreds of them at the same time. They can be flown from anywhere around the world, so if you can't find enough psychopaths in your own country you can always outsource the work.

Eventually the patience of Europeans will run out, or the right wing populists will take control. Either way there will be major changes. Even though terrorism isn't a major problem in the sense that people are likely to be killed or affected by it. The media will see to it that every time there is a terrorist attack people will hear about it.

A majority of Europeans want a ban on immigration from Muslim-majority countries, a poll has revealed.

An average of 55 per cent of people across the 10 European countries surveyed wanted to stop all future immigration from mainly Muslim countries.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 67301.html
To use a keyboard is to be at war.
Squilliam
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Tue 25 Apr 2017, 07:07:59

It is inevitable, it's in our genes.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby M_B_S » Tue 06 Jun 2017, 03:57:07

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYcSGzMWoog

NATO Warns Climate Change Will Trigger Food Shortages

Climate change will lead to “dire” food and water shortages, according to a draft report presented Monday to the NATO Parliamentary Assembly.
I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat.

M_B_S
M_B_S
Fission
Fission

Unread postby dohboi » Tue 06 Jun 2017, 09:19:55

newf...all sorts of things are 'in our genes'

mostly though for young men the drive in their genes is how to get into someone else's jeans!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Unread postby Newfie » Tue 06 Jun 2017, 12:09:59

Well, that's kinda how we got into this mess anyway. Too much of that.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Tue 06 Jun 2017, 14:47:41

To get back on topic a bit.
I was in the local gun shop yesterday buying my hunting and fishing license for the year. They had a Barrett M82A1 on the counter for sale for something over $3,000.
This is a powerful weapon that shoots the 50 BMG round and is made to engage the enemy at 1000 meters. I chatted with the counter person about how expensive the ammo for it was and as I went on to other shopping I said "Don't sell that to anyone wearing a turban.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz6eIHrZnas
If you had to defend the back forty from refugees it might be just the thing. :twisted:
vtsnowedin
Anti-Matter
Anti-Matter

Unread postby Newfie » Wed 07 Jun 2017, 07:07:53

I wonder how you shoulder would feel after sighting it in.

A 308 will do for anything Mere mortals can sufficiently control.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Cog » Wed 07 Jun 2017, 07:40:22

I've considered buying a Barrett but just can't seem to find a use for one. The ammo for it isn't cheap. $3/round is about the cheapest ammo I've seen.
Cog
Anti-Matter
Anti-Matter

Unread postby Newfie » Wed 07 Jun 2017, 08:53:46

I think the "use" for one is to penetrate armor. Or perhaps HV transformer covers to short the windings. Stuff like that.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Cog » Wed 07 Jun 2017, 10:33:38

30.06 AP will penetrate 3/4" mild steel. So unless transformers are made of something thicker, you don't need 50 Cal. As far as shooting at an armored vehicle with a rifle of any sort, I wouldn't recommend that course of action since it does not promote a long life span. There are other solutions for armored vehicles which put you far away from the scene. Not that I've thought about such things since I am a law-abiding patriot.
Cog
Anti-Matter
Anti-Matter

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Wed 07 Jun 2017, 11:58:01

Newfie wrote:I wonder how you shoulder would feel after sighting it in.

A 308 will do for anything Mere mortals can sufficiently control.

Apparently not bad. It has a very effective muzzle brake system. You can watch you tubes of 105 pound women shooting them without any problem but the blowback flips up the shooting mat or blanket they are prone on.
Midway has ammo for $4.00 a round which is the cheapest I've found and I lose interest right there. My hand loaded 7x57mauser ammo will kill anything I need to kill or at least it always has right up through black bear and moose.
Apparently our sniper teams in the middle east have found them and a smaller version in 338 Lapua quite effective for long range desert shooting.
vtsnowedin
Anti-Matter
Anti-Matter

Unread postby Subjectivist » Wed 07 Jun 2017, 18:25:54

Cog wrote:I've considered buying a Barrett but just can't seem to find a use for one. The ammo for it isn't cheap. $3/round is about the cheapest ammo I've seen.

I had a co-worker who was all about his black powder 1853 Lee .577 muzzle loader for hunting. He always used wadded round ball hand cast bullets as some kind of tribute to his civil war ancestors who used them for war, not deer. I gave him a Minne' ball caster but before he got a chance to use it he developed an aneurism near his heart and ended up medically retired with orders to never do anything like shooting that could spike his bp and burst it.

I wouldn't mind giving one of those monsters a try, the British converted tens of thousands of them into Snyder-Lee rifles in 1866-67. After the Snyder coversion they were brass cartridge .577 breech loading rifles. Theorectically a trained Army infantry soldier could, load, aim, fire, extract a cartridge every six seconds until he ran out of bullets. The reason they switched to the Martini-Lee black powder rifle in .303 a decade later was so the soldiers could carry more ammunition. The smaller shells still using black powder meant you had twice as many bullets when you marched into battle, and with the higher rates of fire that made a big difference.

Now if you are trying to keep up with the Joneses it seems like you shoukd get the biggest caliber available, but it seems kind of silly to me.
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Wed 07 Jun 2017, 20:39:19

Subjectivist wrote:
Cog wrote:I've considered buying a Barrett but just can't seem to find a use for one. The ammo for it isn't cheap. $3/round is about the cheapest ammo I've seen.

I had a co-worker who was all about his black powder 1853 Lee .577 muzzle loader for hunting. He always used wadded round ball hand cast bullets as some kind of tribute to his civil war ancestors who used them for war, not deer. I gave him a Minne' ball caster but before he got a chance to use it he developed an aneurism near his heart and ended up medically retired with orders to never do anything like shooting that could spike his bp and burst it.

I wouldn't mind giving one of those monsters a try, the British converted tens of thousands of them into Snyder-Lee rifles in 1866-67. After the Snyder coversion they were brass cartridge .577 breech loading rifles. Theorectically a trained Army infantry soldier could, load, aim, fire, extract a cartridge every six seconds until he ran out of bullets. The reason they switched to the Martini-Lee black powder rifle in .303 a decade later was so the soldiers could carry more ammunition. The smaller shells still using black powder meant you had twice as many bullets when you marched into battle, and with the higher rates of fire that made a big difference.

Now if you are trying to keep up with the Joneses it seems like you shoukd get the biggest caliber available, but it seems kind of silly to me.

I have a 58 caliber Zouave civil war replica rifle that shoots 577 mini or round balls quite well. I've taken a couple of deer with it.
Not something for home defense if your opponent is carrying a semiautomatic.
Caliber isn't everything, it is accuracy and rate of fire that decides the day. The Barret 50 BMG combines semi-auto capability with extremely long range effectiveness and tack driving accuracy.
Of course here in the wooded hills I have no place where I can see approaching enemies 1500 meters away so the weapon is useless to me.
vtsnowedin
Anti-Matter
Anti-Matter

Unread postby Newfie » Thu 08 Jun 2017, 07:10:26

Cog,

I know smaller calibers will penetrate, but the .50 will do it at substantially greater distance making the perps much harder to find and stop. I believe a few 2 man teams with good prior field work could bring the USA power grid down for a substantial time. Hard to protect against a determined and smart enemy.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Thu 08 Jun 2017, 07:17:53

Yep Newf, it's a fine line, but isn't it strange how the terrorists focus on what they do? Pretty much proves they are dumb as doggie doo.
SeaGypsy
Expert
Expert

Unread postby dohboi » Thu 08 Jun 2017, 07:35:32

"Terrorist" seem to be relying on cars, knives and hammers recently. Not exactly sophisticated.
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Unread postby Newfie » Thu 08 Jun 2017, 09:36:28

Let's hope it stays that way.

But it is strange they waste their live in such a way as to create max emotion not max damage. Somehow being slashed with a knife has more visceral hate than being shot. I guess it's not about damage but about saying "We hate you."
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Thu 08 Jun 2017, 10:51:34

We have always fought 'over there' while remaining untouched at home. They have ended that.

They have reached out and touched us, in the form of the total stranger at the Mall, who can pull a knife and stab you without warning. Low tech, and invisible until the moment it happens.

You can't defend against that. Especially when they believe that, by dying in this fashion, they are on their way to their version of Valhalla. We can no longer feel we are safely away from the danger.
"For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and provide for it." - Patrick Henry

The level of injustice and wrong you endure is directly determined by how much you quietly submit to. Even to the point of extinction.
Cid_Yama
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby M_B_S » Thu 08 Jun 2017, 11:05:50

Cid_Yama wrote:We have always fought 'over there' while remaining untouched at home. They have ended that.

They have reached out and touched us, in the form of the total stranger at the Mall, who can pull a knife and stab you without warning. Low tech, and invisible until the moment it happens.

You can't defend against that. Especially when they believe that, by dying in this fashion, they are on their way to their version of Valhalla. We can no longer feel we are safely away from the danger.

Lets fight together against the Fanatics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYUBKcurY88

Be a WARRIOR who fight the Barbarian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tL1acYvpR_E
M_B_S
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Thu 08 Jun 2017, 11:29:15

Don't be surprised when we start seeing it in small towns, at the grocery store, in Wal-Mart, places that ordinary people are going about their daily business. They are wanting everyone to feel it could be themselves next. Or their family members.

Newf, I think the real message is that we went to their countries and messed with them, so now they are messing with us in ours. In the only way available to them, asymmetrical warfare.
"For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and provide for it." - Patrick Henry

The level of injustice and wrong you endure is directly determined by how much you quietly submit to. Even to the point of extinction.
Cid_Yama
Fusion
Fusion

PreviousNext

Return to Environment, Weather & Climate