Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

web freedom threat

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

web freedom threat

Unread postby Whitefang » Wed 25 Feb 2015, 05:46:20

http://www.prisonplanet.com/ex-fcc-chie ... ernet.html

Internet freedom on the line?

Former FCC Chairman Michael Powell told CNBC today that he was shocked by the federal agency’s rush to regulate the Internet as a vote looms on a 332 page plan that remains secret.

I think this babble will take too long to have any effect, we will likely be at/with martial law, so our privileges will be out the door anyway, nobody will care about what people do or say on the net at that point.
We'll be busy with survival. Travel like driving, money and food distribution will be regulated in favour for the happy few.
For now the net is the only place truly opposing local petty tyrants wordwide.
The papers and telly are regulated by those in control, same for politics soap and banking business.
What a mess living at the end of our western world empire, makes me want to move into the wild next weekend.
We'll have to give up our precious machines anyway, why not get used to it before we are forced to do so.
My dad keeps me in town, I'll probably keep trucking until the diesel runs out.

Michael Powell said that the FCC ruling was likely to be appealed as part of a process that could take two to five years to be resolved, adding that Congress should be called upon to fix the issue instead and that Republicans have already introduced measures to do so.
Whitefang
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Return to Geopolitics & Global Economics