Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Wanted: Simple Solutions. Please Apply Within.

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Does Nature Have the Solutions to Our Water Problems?

Unread postby AdamB » Sat 24 Mar 2018, 20:51:55

Every year, on the 22 March, we celebrate World Water Day to draw attention to the importance of water for humankind and our planet. The theme of this year’s World Water Day is ‘Nature for Water.’ According to the 2018 edition of the UN World Water Development Report (WWRD 2018) launched this week, if we want to address our planet’s current water challenges, we need to look to natural solutions. Sustainable water management cannot be achieved through business-as-usual. We must increase the use of so-called, nature-based solutions (WWRD 2018). The global water cycle is facing many challenges. The overall water demand is increasing mainly because the global population is growing, economies are emerging, and consumption patterns are changing. Climate change is intensifying the water cycle, which means that dry areas are becoming drier and wet regions are becoming wetter. The majority

Does Nature Have the Solutions to Our Water Problems?
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Previous

Return to Economics & Finance