Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

When will the mass dieoff begin? Pt. 3

Re: When will the mass dieoff begin? Pt. 3

Unread postby pstarr » Sun 08 Jan 2017, 14:27:51

Cog wrote:
onlooker wrote:If you really want to stamp out Kings stamp out the very idea of them.

If you set out to kill the king, you better make sure you do it. Otherwise, its your neck in the noose.
Nah. All you have to do is defeat his army, or turn the soldiers. It helps to ransack and destroy the enemies industrial base. And starve the peasantry.

It's fun to keep a defeated leader around for a little while. Before your cruelty becomes too apparent. Then its HIS neck.
There's nothing deeper than love. In fairy tales, the princesses kiss the frogs, and the frogs become princes. In real life,the princesses kiss princes, and the princes turn into frogs

“Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.”
― Maya Angelou
pstarr
NeoMaster
NeoMaster

Unread postby Whitefang » Sun 08 Jan 2017, 17:36:36

onlooker wrote:Ibon at least two of us think it can and/or will happen. Glad some of us here are not ready to give up on the Human experiment.

Count me in on that one!

Yup, somehow along with agriculture we got into this mess of kings and queens, hassle of have and have only nuts to play with...lol.
This world we talk of is a personal playground, you and your death.
Fortunately we are not such idiots as we act and do to others and ourselves, one can learn to overcome fear and ambition, our first true human enemy.
Fear is only a sticky internal dialogue that humans tend to keep until the end.

We will return to self government, no need for social institutions, kings or even teachers.
The only thing we have to give up on is our personality and idea that everything is fixed, static.
Our importance and self pity takes up all our energy for true exploration into the unknown, we bleed energy by talking BS to ourselves and therefore keep repeating our sinfull ways, our actions that destroy our habitat and now 7.4 billion with more and more complex machines that will not ever make us happy.

This bubble got to go boom blast bang before anything new can grow, a life in harmony with others and our habitat, nature. A return to our true self, a return home, a renaissance.

Ohhh....way of topic......I think MBS, Sam C. wich is Guy McP. is right with the next decade for a collapse of humanity, billions will die in the near future, no way to get around that one.
Whitefang
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Sun 08 Jan 2017, 18:00:11

OL,
Those emotions, positive and negative,mare not mutually exclusive. They can and reside is all of us and they can express themselves very strongly at the same time. What I suspect you are missing is tribalism (nationalism, patriotism, religious fervor, whatever.). We can be kind, empathetic, caring, loving etc. amongst our own group while perpetrating autrocities against other groups during the same 24 hours.

Subjectivist is right, it's instinctual. As always I just don't see the feedbacks that will erase that prior behavioir.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby onlooker » Sun 08 Jan 2017, 18:21:06

Your point of view is interesting to me Newfie, because I do not think my opinion or yours or anyone's is the right answer as no right answer exists. We, humanity are still a work in progress. The group orientation is natural given our history and certain instincts. However, the irony at this moment in time is that the Internet and the predicament we ALL find ourselves in seems to be creating a sense of solidarity among everyone. We are being given access to certain cues of empathy. In hearing, seeing and knowing about the struggle of many around the world. Look I have no illusions because illusions are for dreamers. I can only say that we have potentials and if indeed as Ibon has said we come out of this horrendous bottleneck, we can and according to Ibon will have a totally new perspective with regards to ourselves and to our place in Nature.
“None are so blind as those who do not wish to see"
onlooker
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Newfie » Sun 08 Jan 2017, 18:24:37

Your (and Ibons) word in Gods ear.

We will never know. And I don't seek to wreck hope, although I can see how I could be accused of that. I just can't follow the path you are taking, too much the atheist.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Environment