Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

ER IST WIEDER DA

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

ER IST WIEDER DA

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Sun 21 Aug 2016, 13:01:57

This movie, being sold as a comedy, is actually profound political commentary on modern day Germany (and the EU in general).

Available in the US under the title Look Who's Back with English subtitles. Awesome movie.

Don't miss what comes after the credits at the end. Strange that they should hide it after the credits. Just as strange as the grainy B movie lead off before the movie actually starts. Like they were hiding what the movie was really about from political censors.
"For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and provide for it." - Patrick Henry

The level of injustice and wrong you endure is directly determined by how much you quietly submit to. Even to the point of extinction.
Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Re: ER IST WIEDER DA

Unread postby Theedrich » Mon 22 Aug 2016, 01:56:26

Wo kann dieser Film gesehen werden?
Theedrich
Wood
Wood

Unread postby hvacman » Mon 22 Aug 2016, 13:43:05

hvacman
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby steam_cannon » Wed 24 Aug 2016, 16:37:38

Sigh. Don't hate me for posting the "Anti-racist Hitler" video but regarding the topic video this was the first thing that came to mind as it's another video where Hitler comes back, changes his attitude and goes into politics... Though the anti-racist hitler video is also pretty bad or profound, depending on how sensitive you are. But anyway it's an amusing very not politically correct caricature of antiracism politics, lol... [smilie=5butthead.gif]

Antiracist Hitler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKDeyuM0-Og
"The multiplication force of technology on cognitive differences is massive." -Jordan Peterson
steam_cannon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby steam_cannon » Wed 24 Aug 2016, 16:43:41

"Like they were hiding what the movie was really about from political censors."
If you get that feeling, it probably wasn't an accident... :!:
"The multiplication force of technology on cognitive differences is massive." -Jordan Peterson
steam_cannon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Thu 25 Aug 2016, 02:54:31

Apparently you didn't watch it. Hitler comes back exactly as he was. They do real interviews with people, with him saying the same things as he said back then, including exact quotes, and getting agreement and applause.

And the similarity to Trump was uncanny.

I think the most profound statement by him at the end was, "you can't get rid of me, as I'm part of you."
"For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and provide for it." - Patrick Henry

The level of injustice and wrong you endure is directly determined by how much you quietly submit to. Even to the point of extinction.
Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby steam_cannon » Thu 25 Aug 2016, 17:30:16

Cid_Yama wrote:Apparently you didn't watch it. Hitler comes back exactly as he was. They do real interviews with people, with him saying the same things as he said back then, including exact quotes, and getting agreement and applause.

And the similarity to Trump was uncanny.

I think the most profound statement by him at the end was, "you can't get rid of me, as I'm part of you."

Hey Cid, great summary! It sounds almost like it was my post that got you angry enough to provide a useful summary. Glad to see this website works the way it always has. :roll:
steam_cannon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Thu 25 Aug 2016, 20:03:16

Don't know where you see anger. Since you misrepresented the movie (which you obviously HAD'NT seen) was forced to post a spoiler which I was trying to avoid.

Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Return to Geopolitics & Global Economics