Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Does the world see America as Exceptional?

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

Does the world see America as Exceptional?

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Fri 15 Jan 2016, 21:09:02

Cog wrote:
Keith_McClary wrote:
Cid_Yama wrote:
Both in the United States and Europe, a frustration with the kingdom is growing ...

Is this approaching the demonization level ?

Only in the mind of people who want to destroy American exceptionalism. Such as on this board.

I'm sure our friends around the world would like to hear what you believe makes America exceptional.

It could help them to understand the psychology of people like yourself, and lead to a truly enlightening conversation.
"For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and provide for it." - Patrick Henry

The level of injustice and wrong you endure is directly determined by how much you quietly submit to. Even to the point of extinction.
Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Re: Does the world see America as Exceptional?

Unread postby Lore » Fri 15 Jan 2016, 22:51:41

Apparently some people have forgotten their scripture. "Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth” (Matthew 5:5)
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
... Theodore Roosevelt
Lore
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Quinny » Sat 16 Jan 2016, 00:10:17

Suppose Cog could be described as exceptional! ;)
Live, Love, Learn, Leave Legacy.....oh and have a Laugh while you're doing it!
Quinny
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Antaris » Sat 16 Jan 2016, 00:40:44

Karma usually takes care of over confidence.
Antaris
Wood
Wood

Unread postby Cog » Sat 16 Jan 2016, 00:54:43

From its earliest conception, America is a country founded to protect our rights and liberties. It recognizes that government has limits and that government's only true function is to act to protect those individual rights and liberties. Those individual rights and liberties are something that were bestowed on us from God. Not something granted to us from the government and thus immune from government taking them away.

The United States has taken these principles and has through their actions brought freedom and liberty to countless people around the world. Our generosity is unparalleled throughout the world.

Because we believe the pursuit of happiness is directly related to free markets and capitalism, in a few short hundreds of years, we have transformed the United States into an economic and military super-power unrivaled by any.

And it all goes back to our recognition of the superiority of the individual and not the state.

Yes we Americans are exceptional and will remain so as long as we do not lose sight of what brought us here.
Last edited by Cog on Sat 16 Jan 2016, 00:56:07, edited 1 time in total.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Cog » Sat 16 Jan 2016, 00:57:14

pstarr wrote:blah blah blah platitude. You sound like Fox.

Really? I thought it was kind of swell. Fly your flag proudly. You live in the best country on earth.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby GregT » Sat 16 Jan 2016, 01:21:37

Cog wrote:From its earliest conception, America is a country founded to protect our rights and liberties. It recognizes that government has limits and that government's only true function is to act to protect those individual rights and liberties. Those individual rights and liberties are something that were bestowed on us from God. Not something granted to us from the government and thus immune from government taking them away.

The United States has taken these principles and has through their actions brought freedom and liberty to countless people around the world. Our generosity is unparalleled throughout the world.

Because we believe the pursuit of happiness is directly related to free markets and capitalism, in a few short hundreds of years, we have transformed the United States into an economic and military super-power unrivaled by any.

And it all goes back to our recognition of the superiority of the individual and not the state.

Yes we Americans are exceptional and will remain so as long as we do not lose sight of what brought us here.

It all makes perfect sense, now.
GregT
Coal
Coal

Unread postby Cog » Sat 16 Jan 2016, 01:36:48

I had almost forgot about the Second Amendment. A right recognized and protected from government infringement in the Constitution. The fact that the Founders recognized this right as fundamental, shows they desired that ultimate power remains in the hands of the people and not the government. Another exceptional and unique feature of our blessed United States.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Shaved Monkey » Sat 16 Jan 2016, 02:09:40

Cog wrote:
pstarr wrote:blah blah blah platitude. You sound like Fox.

Really? I thought it was kind of swell. Fly your flag proudly. You live in the best country on earth.

Lol
Thats what the right wing nut jobs say here but they wear the flag as a cape
http://www.sbs.com.au/comedy/article/20 ... tralia-day

http://resources2.news.com.au/images/20 ... design.jpg
Ready to turn Zombies into WWOOFers
Shaved Monkey
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Cog » Sat 16 Jan 2016, 03:04:01

The Land of Oz is special but its not exceptional.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Keith_McClary » Sat 16 Jan 2016, 03:19:46

Cog wrote:From its earliest conception, America is a country founded to protect our rights and liberties.
For white folks, anyway.
Cog wrote:Yes we Americans are exceptional and will remain so as long as we do not lose sight of what brought us here.
Conquest, ethnic cleansing and colonisation.
Facebook knows you're a dog.
Keith_McClary
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Cog » Sat 16 Jan 2016, 03:22:46

300,000 dead Union soldiers settled the matter about protecting the rights of black folks as well as whites. America constantly evaluates where they are at and moves on to correct injustices. What other country went to that extent to protect and liberate a minority?

LOL Ethnic cleansing. You need to look at your communist buddies if you want to see who really engages in genocide on a regular basis. Americans are amateurs by comparison.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby onlooker » Sat 16 Jan 2016, 03:58:13

Yes the world does see America as exceptional. Exceptionally, arrogant, aggressive, dumb, selfish etc etc. Reminds me of an ancient empire who came to be regarded similarly ROME.
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Sat 16 Jan 2016, 05:22:56

Its not how Americans see it. These days America produces an absolute cacophony of every kind of noise, visual & auditory, amongst which comes forth representations of the full spectrum of human behaviour, from truly heroic through to skulduggery of high order. Americans started- intentional community living, the tiny house movement, Greenpeace, legal ganga, free love, flower power, the modern ethnogenics & ethnobotanical communities, the internet, the modern production line & still are the world's greatest industrial manufacturer, with the pinnacle of technical ability in most fields.

We outside the US see the US much more as it really is than in the past. We wonder why you guys get so into killing each other & messing with killing others so often. We marvel at the level of craziness. But we also mostly want America to succeed, to be it's best possible self, & many of us believe that is possible, suggesting Cog's point has validity, the founding fathers got some extremely important & timeless truths right.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby dissident » Sat 16 Jan 2016, 08:56:04

Self-aggrandizement is a sign of compensation. America is not exceptional and obviously does not have some intellectual superiority over other humans. In fact, America is overpopulated with low IQ drones like Cog. Vicarious achievers and science deniers. Now these drones have the president they deserve, a trash talking ignoramus who is a walking embarrassment in front of the rest of the world. But hey, dick stroking about superiority is just so gratifying to the drones.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby JuanP » Sat 16 Jan 2016, 08:57:53

Cog, You are without a doubt exceptional; exceptionally deluded. I wonder what it must be like to go through life being like that. The way you experience your life is very, very different from the way I experience mine. I think you are missing out on the quest for truth, one of the most amazing things in life, using our capacity to think, learn, and understand new things to grow as individuals.

You are almost subhuman in the way you live, IMHO, like a dog or some other animal species. You show very little evidence of that particular human trait, prefrontal cortex activity.
"Human stupidity has no limits" JuanP
JuanP
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby onlooker » Sat 16 Jan 2016, 09:02:27

Exactly, my point that we have increasingly been seen over the years for what we actually are. An overbearing arrogant wanna be Empire. Certainly persons like Cog epitomize this mindset. A minority like me who while still living here recognize the US for what it is. I will add, I have no allegiance to the vague notion of a country. I have allegiance to humanity and the positive traits is possesses.
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Cog » Sat 16 Jan 2016, 09:13:24

JuanP wrote:Cog, You are without a doubt exceptional; exceptionally deluded. I wonder what it must be like to go through life being like that. The way you experience your life is very, very different from the way I experience mine. I think you are missing out on the quest for truth, one of the most amazing things in life, using our capacity to think, learn, and understand new things to grow as individuals.

You are almost subhuman in the way you live, IMHO, like a dog or some other animal species. You show very little evidence of that particular human trait, prefrontal cortex activity.

Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Next

Return to Geopolitics & Global Economics